PDA

View Full Version : I feel for Rasual Butler...

spursistan
04-05-2016, 10:24 PM
He probably got the rawest deal for an end of bench guy in recent Spurs history.. fuckin' getting cut for a ginger corpse..Embarrassing cold move by Pop..

TheGreatYacht
04-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Worst part was Poop was willing to die with the ginger... Snyder had to call a pity timeout for him :lol

TrainOfThought5
04-05-2016, 10:26 PM
With Pop making terrible personnel moves like cutting Butler, and compounding them by keeping Bonner of all options, do we deserve to win a ring?

RD2191
04-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Fuck Matt Bonner.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-05-2016, 10:47 PM
With Pop making terrible personnel moves like cutting Butler, and compounding them by keeping Bonner of all options, do we deserve to win a ring?

Maybe not. We sure didn't deserve it in 2013 after Pop inexplicably cut Jackson for spending too much time with his wife after their miscarriage instead of at practice. 6 was dat karma. Jackson would have gotten that last rebound instead of Diaw's soft ass.

Arcadian
04-05-2016, 11:02 PM
I agree, but why are you just now bringing this up? This has already been discussed ad nauseum, tbh.

coachmac87
04-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Chinook approves this message

SAGirl
04-05-2016, 11:10 PM
He probably got the rawest deal for an end of bench guy in recent Spurs history.. fuckin' getting cut for a ginger corpse..Embarrassing cold move by Pop..
I thought of you when I saw Bonner out there, and realized that Martin doesn't seem like someone Pop will even get close to playing in a close contested playoff game, so in essence Butler was cut so Pop could play Bonner. Yikes.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-05-2016, 11:13 PM
I thought of you when I saw Bonner out there, and realized that Martin doesn't seem like someone Pop will even get close to playing in a close contested playoff game, so in essence Butler was cut so Pop could play Bonner. Yikes.
Truthfully, I think we'll see a lot of Bon-Bon against OKC in the 2nd round when Ibaka is on the floor.

Splits
04-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Matt Bonner is a 2xNBA champion.

Rasual Butler is the D-League Impact Player of the Year::2013.

Get over it.

TheGreatYacht
04-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Truthfully, I think we'll see a lot of Bon-Bon against OKC in the 2nd round when Ibaka is on the floor.
Bonner didn't do shit then, he won't do shit now. Diaw was the one who "stretched the floor" in Game 6

SAGirl
04-05-2016, 11:15 PM
I hope we do not. But if he does, I hope he is better than he was tonight for our sakes.

SpurPadre
04-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Matt Bonner is a 2xHumanVictoryCigar

Rasual Butler is the D-League Impact Player of the Year::2013.

Get over it.

FIFY

UNT Eagles 2016
04-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Bonner didn't do shit then, he won't do shit now. Diaw was the one who "stretched the floor" in Game 6
Diaw doesn't shoot the shot. At one point in Bonner's career, he got his shot off quick enough to where guys couldn't recover in time to stop the 40-45% three point ball from Bonner. Now it's just pathetic.

SpurPadre
04-05-2016, 11:19 PM

THIS and there's ample evidence for that. Bonner barely averaged 10 minutes in that series and never closed games then.

Spur|n|Austin
04-05-2016, 11:19 PM

Bonner has 2 championship rings and Butler has none. Get the fuck over it, being mad about a player who is long gone, let alone starting threads over it is silly.

OP misses Rasual :cry

Keepin' it real
04-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Timely post, OP.

Spur|n|Austin
04-05-2016, 11:41 PM
yep butler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bonner

:cry but the veteran sandwiches being eaten in the locker room :cry

:cry but Butlers average of 2 mins a game pushing us to 6 :cry

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-06-2016, 10:01 AM
-10 in 6 minutes. He was worth keeping IMO.

Chinook
04-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Chinook approves this message

He's been significantly better than Martin has been for the Spurs so far. Even you have to admit it.

coachmac87
04-06-2016, 10:35 AM
He's been significantly better than Martin has been for the Spurs so far. Even you have to admit it.

Well the sample size isn't the same. But Butler is still a FA and probably won't play in the NBA again.

But we both agreed that we were arguing about the 12th-15th guy on the bench lol

Spurs9
04-06-2016, 10:54 AM
He would still get a ring if we won though tbh

Rob123
04-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Ya'll are so fucking stupid. How could you be spurs fans?

Is Rasual Butler > Bonner? Yes absolutely, no question. Does cutting a guy who has been with the organization through thick and through thin who has paid his dues and done everything Pop has asked of him within his abilities for a guy that has been with the team for 5 months when they're both fighting to be the freaking 15th man make sense? No not at all.

You build great organizations the way Pop is doing things, not they way you guys think things should be done.

Chinook
04-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Well the sample size isn't the same. But Butler is still a FA and probably won't play in the NBA again.

And that's still more than what Martin is bringing.

But yes,

we both agreed that we were arguing about the 12th-15th guy on the bench

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-06-2016, 11:35 AM

That is why me and several others here said they would rather the Spurs keep Butler then sign Martin. But what's done is done. I just hope Bertans takes the Ginger role on the roster next year. He is Latvian, but he looks and plays like Wildly Scotsman.

Budkin
04-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Fuck Matt Bonner.

Seriously. Good dude, shitty basketball player. Butler got fucked.

spursistan
04-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Leaving Bonner aside, what was the point for going after K-Martin if he is basically going to be 2013 T-Mac..At least Bulter had + 40 game of system knowledge and contribution (on top of training camp)..

Luxic
04-06-2016, 11:58 AM
I liked Rasual and from a sporting perspective I see your point. But I can't really feel for a guy who made $1,5M in 6 months...

MultiTroll
04-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Would seriously like to see at least one player go thru with this. Better yet a class action.
Even if it went *nowhere* in the Injustice system, do it just to make the point.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258212&highlight=file+suit+Bonner

.G.
04-06-2016, 12:03 PM
I really feel for dat nigga. He gave the team his all. I hate picturing him hugging Ray saying "We made it!"

It was perfect. Marks vacates, Bonner takes over and Rasual stays.

Sucks.

MultiTroll
04-06-2016, 12:03 PM

Is Rasual Butler > Bonner? Yes absolutely, no question. Does cutting a guy who has been with the organization through thick and through thin who has paid his dues and done everything Pop has asked of him within his abilities for a guy that has been with the team for 5 months when they're both fighting to be the freaking 15th man make sense? No not at all.

You build great organizations the way Pop is doing things, not they way you guys think things should be done.
What specifically did numerous players sent packing not do what was asked that sent them packing and kept Bonner the entire BonBon Era?

Twisted_Dawg
04-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Maybe not. We sure didn't deserve it in 2013 after Pop inexplicably cut Jackson for spending too much time with his wife after their miscarriage instead of at practice. 6 was dat karma. Jackson would have gotten that last rebound instead of Diaw's soft ass.

Are you sure that SJAX wasn't spending too much time with Tim's wife and thats what got him cut?

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-06-2016, 12:40 PM
It was a dick move. Kevin Martin better come up big in at least one important playoff game. He's been worse than Bonner so far.

wildbill2u
04-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Butler better than K-mart so far and probably Miller. But life goes on.

purist
04-06-2016, 01:06 PM
typical. people who don't know shit but act like they do, bitching about bonner because a scrub got cut from the team. you can never have enough bigs on roster, especially ones that can shoot threes with any level of consistency. btw its only the 13th or 14th roster spot we're talking about. reality check please.

TheGreatYacht
04-06-2016, 01:13 PM

That ginger, :cry so loyal :cry

Sacrificed $$$ and was willing to play for 5M/yr :(

Fuck him. Spurs don't owe him shit, this ain't a charity. He's 36 and still in the NBA, had Pop never been born, 2006 would've been his last season.

TheGreatYacht
04-06-2016, 01:16 PM
typical. people who don't know shit but act like they do, bitching about bonner because a scrub got cut from the team. you can never have enough bigs on roster, especially ones that can shoot threes with any level of consistency. btw its only the 13th or 14th roster spot we're talking about. reality check please.
What?

Bonner has NEVER been a big, and he surely doesn't play like one. He's trash, can't even get his slow ass release off without getting blocked anymore.

Rasual was literally better in every aspect of the game :lol....

spursistan
04-06-2016, 01:39 PM

Fuck him. Spurs don't owe him shit, this ain't a charity. He's 36 and still in the NBA, had Pop never been born, 2006 would've been his last season.

spursistan
04-06-2016, 01:40 PM
:lmao Bonner tards in here

timtonymanu
04-06-2016, 01:41 PM
:lmao Bonner
:lmao Kevin Martin

NameLess Scrub
04-06-2016, 02:01 PM
If K Mart continues his current pattern, definitely better to have kept Butler, with some more corporate knowledge and just for loyalty. A backwards or even lateral move doesn't seem like a good reason to dump Butler.

We'll see in the playoffs.

ceperez
04-06-2016, 02:17 PM
If K Mart continues his current pattern, definitely better to have kept Butler, with some more corporate knowledge and just for loyalty. A backwards or even lateral move doesn't seem like a good reason to dump Butler.

On paper, Martin should be a better player than Butler. He's got better career numbers and is younger.

Butler does seems to be a much bigger player and a stronger player. Let's hop Martin is able to contribute come playoff time.

Spurtacular
04-06-2016, 11:07 PM
Ralph was playing well and helping the team. It may have been his first and last shot at a ring. The kicker is that Martin may actually make the Spurs worse. His defense is sh**; and he's not lighting it up at the offensive end. At least Garbage Time was a valuable cog.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2016, 12:23 AM
13 year veteran joins the Spurs, was in the rotation early, helped keep the team afloat while Lamarcus and the young wings got going. Went to the bench and didn't complain when the rotation was established. Came in on occasion when the team was struggling and made defensive plays and hit shots. Actually contributed to keeping the team within shouting distance of Golden State.

Cut after the deadline so he can't sign on with anyone else. Fuck you, Pop.

spursistan
04-07-2016, 12:37 AM
13 year veteran joins the Spurs, was in the rotation early, helped keep the team afloat while Lamarcus and the young wings got going. Went to the bench and didn't complain when the rotation was established. Came in on occasion when the team was struggling and made defensive plays and hit shots. Actually contributed to keeping the team within shouting distance of Golden State.

purist
04-07-2016, 07:13 AM
What?

Bonner has NEVER been a big, and he surely doesn't play like one. He's trash, can't even get his slow ass release off without getting blocked anymore.

Rasual was literally better in every aspect of the game :lol....

Yes bonner fills role as stretch 4. He has played effective defense in spot duty historically and coaching staff trusts him if they need him to fill in. I don't know why y'all don't understand that or that Kmart and Miller serve as insurance against injury.

It's more cut throat to cut bonnet than butler. But there's so many trolls on this fucked ip forum it's hard to tell who's serious and who's trolling.
I always regret re-engaging but can't help it. Like staring at car wreck

hater
04-07-2016, 07:20 AM

:lmao Bonners isn't a big and he hasn't shot good 3s in years

Fuck you Boner

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Yes bonner fills role as stretch 4. He has played effective defense in spot duty historically and coaching staff trusts him if they need him to fill in. I don't know why y'all don't understand that or that Kmart and Miller serve as insurance against injury.

It's more cut throat to cut bonnet than butler. But there's so many trolls on this fucked ip forum it's hard to tell who's serious and who's trolling.
I always regret re-engaging but can't help it. Like staring at car wreck

Got some Ginger lovin goin on here.

Dre_7
04-07-2016, 10:54 AM
Spurs have 65 wins and people are bitching about who the Spurs decided to be a bench warmer? I liked Butler but crying over the 15th man while the Spurs are trying to win a ring is silly.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Spurs have 65 wins and people are bitching about who the Spurs decided to be a bench warmer? I liked Butler but crying over the 15th man while the Spurs are trying to win a ring is silly.

What's really stupid is someone taking the time to click on the thread to cry about it. If you can't see the injustice of how he was treated then you're a fucking idiot.

Rob123
04-07-2016, 02:01 PM

Had Pop never been born we're short 5 fucking championships.

You guys seriously have no idea how to create good organizations.

Rob123
04-07-2016, 02:03 PM

Dude who the fuck was going to sign Rasual Butler?

Some of you are so freaking delusional. Rasual got an opportunity and then a business decision was made. End of story.

gambit1990
04-07-2016, 02:05 PM
he would've been in our rotation in the post season. he didn't get constant minutes during the regular season because he didn't need them.

Sean Cagney
04-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Fuck Matt Bonner.

Co signed 1000 times.
:lmao Bonners isn't a big and he hasn't shot good 3s in years

Fuck you Boner

Agreed, he is garbage.

gambit1990
04-07-2016, 02:10 PM
we pretty much gave up defense for offense.

butler was making all kinds of plays for us though... he broke up a handful of lobs. made timely shots. knew when to pass too...

will_spurs
04-07-2016, 02:13 PM

Once again I agree 100% with O_W.

SAGirl
04-07-2016, 03:01 PM

The real elephant in the room is Kmart Tbh.
Ginger is the same as he was last season, but the team loves him and this might be Tim/Manu last season. They knew what they had in him and he was not a guy likely to play in the playoffs. Kmart OTOH was signed for a specific role and was presumably ahead of him in the rotation. Guess what? No.

NameLess Scrub
04-07-2016, 03:18 PM
The real elephant in the room is Kmart Tbh.
Ginger is the same as he was last season, but the team loves him and this might be Tim/Manu last season. They knew what they had in him and he was not a guy likely to play in the playoffs. Kmart OTOH was signed for a specific role and was presumably ahead of him in the rotation. Guess what? No.

We'll be all crossing fingers and hoping he'll go bananas on some team, at least.

Dre_7
04-08-2016, 01:09 AM
he would've been in our rotation in the post season. he didn't get constant minutes during the regular season because he didn't need them.

Disagree. If what you are is true then he wouldn't have gotten cut.

Dre_7
04-08-2016, 01:20 AM
What's really stupid is someone taking the time to click on the thread to cry about it. If you can't see the injustice of how he was treated then you're a fucking idiot.

I am not an idiot, thank you. I didn't click on it to cry. Stop making assumptions. I clicked on it because I liked him, I wanted the Spurs to keep him, and did feel bad he got cut. He got cut and it sucked, but people were bitching like cutting him is gonna cost them a ring or something.

That is why I commented. Look,like I said, I liked him. But it isn't coming down to the last man on the bench. If it does, that is a bad sign.

Obstructed_View
04-08-2016, 10:31 PM
I am not an idiot, thank you. I didn't click on it to cry. Stop making assumptions. I clicked on it because I liked him, I wanted the Spurs to keep him, and did feel bad he got cut. He got cut and it sucked, but people were bitching like cutting him is gonna cost them a ring or something.

That is why I commented. Look,like I said, I liked him. But it isn't coming down to the last man on the bench. If it does, that is a bad sign.

You commented in the thread to accuse other people of crying, when you now say that you agree with exactly what the thread was posted for.

I love when people act like discussing things on a message board is somehow going to cause the team to lose focus.

SAGirl
04-09-2016, 12:28 AM
On another note.
I am glad Kmart got his groove back..He's not capable of the defensive plays Rasual was capable of, but he's indeed a better offensive player, which appears to be what Pop wanted and needed all along.

I was very sour on the whole trade off initially bc Kmart hadn't been showing up, and he's the kind of guy that needs to give offensive production to earn his spot. However, now that he has, he definitely has a niche, specially bc Patty can get in a slump, Manu is on minutes restrictions and prone to his own slumps or bad games, Kyle is not much of an offensive weapon and from there on everyone else is prone to shooting slumps too.

I do hope Kmart hits some big shots for us in the playoffs. I hadn't seen from him "instant offense" but I see it now.

I can't be sour for the Spurs keeping Bonner. He will be with the big 3 until the two retire which might very well be this season at the latest the next. I really only saw this as Kmart not having been worth it to cut Rasual for him. He might just proove that to be a right call. But it will be seen in the playoffs.

SayTown
04-09-2016, 07:22 AM
13th man I don't think so I actually think our best line up against the Warriors would have been Parker Green Kawhi Rasual Aldridge

Dre_7
04-11-2016, 04:02 PM
I love when people act like discussing things on a message board is somehow going to cause the team to lose focus.

How did I act like that was going to cause the team to lose focus?? I think you are reading into what I am saying. I simply stated my opinion about some posters, got called an idiot for it, then I clarified. I never said discusing it would do anything to the team.

It was others that said since they cut Butler, they shouldn't win a title. Those types of poster are the ones I was making a statement about.

sasaint
04-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Disagree. If what you are is true then he wouldn't have gotten cut.

Fans, including myself, clearly liked Butler more than Pop did. He was never going to play much in the playoffs unless Pop had his back against the wall. Clearly you do not release guys you think will be a big help in the playoffs. That said, I think Pop made a bad call on Butler, and he might well have had greater value in the playoffs - especially for his defensive capabilities. Ultimately, Pop sees way more of the Spurs players than we do. I think he took a calculated risk that KMart might be a much needed offensive threat to compensate for Danny's season-long slump. So far the trade-off seems like a poor one, but if KMart gains an offensive rhythm, the move might payoff yet. After all, last night it wasn't our defense against the Dubs that let us down.

benefactor
04-11-2016, 07:14 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/1767.png&w=350&h=254

"Miss me yet?"

gambit1990
04-11-2016, 07:19 PM
i'd rather have butler than parker.

i still cannot believe... that in someone's eyes... it was worth more to keep bonner :wow

Robz4000
04-11-2016, 07:22 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/1767.png&w=350&h=254

"Miss me yet?"

Fuck this version of Pop from the last two seasons tbh.

spursistan
05-13-2016, 02:15 AM
At least he didn't miss out on much :lol...Him getting dumped for K-Mart is just another proof of Pop deteriorating sense of judgment..

Obstructed_View
05-13-2016, 07:52 AM
At least he didn't miss out on much :lol...Him getting dumped for K-Mart is just another proof of Pop deteriorating sense of judgment..

When Martin came into the game and clanged a three pointer, my wife said, "What the hell was that?" and I turned off the game.

ceperez
05-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Spurs need more athleticism, but PATFO traded away two athletes for Miller and Martin. Add to that, they benched Simmons.

OKC had no worries that any of the Spurs could make an easy layup against their bigs.

BackHome
05-13-2016, 09:24 AM
Yeah getting rid of Butler.......well as they say Karma is a Bitch.

Chinook
05-13-2016, 10:44 AM
I do think Rasual would have played in the series. Too many people got hoodwinked on Martin. Again, this "if X is available, you do it" attitude rears its ugly head.

sammy
05-13-2016, 10:55 AM
They should've let Bonner go! It cost the Spurs big time!

K...
05-13-2016, 11:05 AM
not enough emotional strength on this team. Rasaul could help the bench.

But meh....I feel the spurs didn't deserve to win.

This season will go down as rebuilding year one. We know who lma and kawhi are, now we know what we need. I hope the team remembers that you need swagger to win. It's not hard to find tbh.

Ice009
05-13-2016, 11:46 AM
I was actually thinking to myself around the time that he was cut, that Rasual's grandfather was going to punish the Spurs for cutting him. I really hated the cut. Bonner was not worth keeping over Rasual. No way should he have been chosen when he hadn't contributed nearly anything the past two seasons.

Rasual's grandfather was apparently a huge Spurs fan too and he always wanted Rasual to play for them. It just didn't sit well with me when they cut him after he gave it his all every time he got court time.

timtonymanu
05-13-2016, 11:49 AM
Rofl Pop. Waives Butler instead of Bonner. Settles for washed up turds in Martin and Miller as well.