PDA

View Full Version : HCA vs Rest?

dynamodr3w
04-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Shaq stated, "spurs have nothing to prove, pop will rest them.".

So let the debate begin. Rest or gun for HCA??

I say HCA!
:downspin:

100%duncan
04-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Warriors wont lose to memphis imho

Hoops Czar
04-06-2016, 12:55 AM
Shaq stated, "spurs have nothing to prove, pop will rest them.".

So let the debate begin. Rest or gun for HCA??

I say HCA!
:downspin:

Shaq is a total moron. He makes Barkley look smart by comparison.

Hoops Czar
04-06-2016, 12:56 AM

Like they weren't going to lose a home game to Minny?

100%duncan
04-06-2016, 12:58 AM
Like they weren't going to lose a home game to Minny?

Do you really think they lose to memphis? honest question

Spur|n|Austin

Especially after facing the Clips in a B2B.

Ditty
Rest the guys Thursday, and the last two games of the season.

Our guys will have a full battery especially that they haven't played a lot this season compared to the Thunder and Warriors core.

Hoops Czar
04-06-2016, 01:02 AM

Probably not but I absolutely didn't think they'd lose to Minnesota either. I guess that's why they play the games. Besides regardless of what Kerr says in his post game interviews, GSW are dead tired. Playing the way they've played the last few weeks, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2016, 01:03 AM
If Kerr is smart he probably pulls the plug on this thing now. If Pop is smart he rests nobody, at least for the that game. You want the Warriors playing all these minutes now.

Spurtacular
04-06-2016, 01:20 AM
Win in Oakland and take away any chance of sole possession of the record and put the Warriors into panic mode and see what happens, imo.

Spurtacular
04-06-2016, 01:25 AM

Memphis can bring it any given game. Other games they look like sh**. Just have to see how it goes down. I don't think they have much to play for unfortunately. I don't think they care about playoff seeding at this point.

100%duncan
04-06-2016, 01:37 AM
Probably not but I absolutely didn't think they'd lose to Minnesota either. I guess that's why they play the games. Besides regardless of what Kerr says in his post game interviews, GSW are dead tired. Playing the way they've played the last few weeks, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Yeah well Im hoping memphis wins aswell for the lulz.

spurraider21
04-06-2016, 01:37 AM
HCA is irrelevant. we're going to be the 2 seed, as has been evident basically all season, at least since the first time the warriors beat us, they've had a decent margin.

would be cool to go for the undefeated home season, though

Obstructed_View
04-06-2016, 01:46 AM
Really wishing they hadn't pissed away that game in Charlotte, tho.

Obi Juan Kenobi
04-06-2016, 01:51 AM

Hoops Czar
04-06-2016, 01:52 AM

100%duncan
04-06-2016, 01:53 AM

Yep. Gonna be our Knicks game from last season

aal04
04-06-2016, 02:01 AM
HCA is out of our control.

But the HC record is still up for grabs. Lets go for undefeated in SAS

Spurtacular
04-06-2016, 02:11 AM

For what it's worth, there were other games we were lucky to not have pissed away; like tonight.

Mister Sinister
04-06-2016, 03:51 AM

You and I both, I had to double check my phone when I woke up to make sure I wasn't misreading / hallucinating.

AFMadison
04-06-2016, 04:19 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about securing home court even in the regular season, I mean yea I want it now that we're so close, but damn you know if we lose a home game in the playoffs it's gonna be the ultimate motivator for the opposing team, and probably all over ESPN like its game 7 of the Finals. I'm not really worried about what happens for the rest of the season. In the long run I just want these guys to get a ring.

hater
04-06-2016, 07:08 AM
So we should play our guys to death counting on a depleted Memphis win over a 72 win team??? :lol wtf?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Rest. The Warriors have to get through the Clippers w/ Blake Griffin. That series is going to be a dog fight. Spurs will have to get through OKC but the Spurs series won't be as physical.

Spurs just need to beat them on Sunday, which I believe they will coming off a back to back against the Grizz. Conley will be back and the Grizz are as physical as they come.

Spur will rest against GS. (Loss)
Full strength against DEN. (Win)
Full strength against GS. (Win)
Full strength against OKC. (Win)
Spur will rest against DAL. (probably a loss w/ Mavs fighting for their playoff lives right now)

This is how I see the Season playing out. Spurs will be 68-14 at season's end. GS and OKC games are winnable as BOTH are going to be playing the 2nd of a B2B. Should also note OKC last game is against the Spurs on Tuesday and they already clinched the 3rd seed. Don't be Surprise if they rest WB and Durant for that game.

TDomination
04-06-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about securing home court even in the regular season, I mean yea I want it now that we're so close, but damn you know if we lose a home game in the playoffs it's gonna be the ultimate motivator for the opposing team, and probably all over ESPN like its game 7 of the Finals. I'm not really worried about what happens for the rest of the season. In the long run I just want these guys to get a ring.

These situations is what Pop usually likes to avoid. But he can't help that this team is just really good at home.

But its not like we've never lost at home before with HCA in a championship year. It happens. Thats what happens when you play only playoff teams.

Brazil
04-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Rest

peacemaker885
04-06-2016, 08:42 AM
Rest.

FromWayDowntown
04-06-2016, 08:48 AM
Win in Oakland and take away any chance of sole possession of the record and put the Warriors into panic mode and see what happens, imo.

I think it's amazing that while the Warriors have had this historical season, one week from the end, there's still a mathematical chance that they could end up as the #2 seed overall despite their record pace.

I've also wondered what it would do to them to be tracked down in this season -- of all seasons -- by a team that doesn't really seem to care much about records.

With that said, I don't think the Spurs can realistically catch the Warriors and I think the typical Pop play here is to rest on Thursday and not show GST anything.

NameLess Scrub
04-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Ideally in the past, Spurs would have won a couple of games they should have, Warriors would have lost a couple more.

Ideally now, they get both rest and HCA by winning games in coast mode while the Warriors burn themselves out chasing the record only to still be #2 seed. I really really wish that happened. You can't be scared of HCA or losing a game at home, specially when playing great home teams that will probably get more whistles at their home.

Realistically, you can never bet against the Warriors even losing to the Wolves. And if they continue to chase the record they'll try hard to win the next 2 games vs the Spurs, so rest it is. Just make sure everyone is healthy and primed and hope the Warriors continue tiring themselves out.

TDomination
04-06-2016, 10:23 AM
I love knowing that the Spurs can be the team to break their hopes of getting the record.

But i am very curious to see how Pop decides to play GS in Oakland.

Because even if we see the starters play, they may only play 15-20 minutes.

TrueSpursFan
04-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Rest. The Warriors have to get through the Clippers w/ Blake Griffin. That series is going to be a dog fight. Spurs will have to get through OKC but the Spurs series won't be as physical.

Spurs just need to beat them on Sunday, which I believe they will coming off a back to back against the Grizz. Conley will be back and the Grizz are as physical as they come.

Spur will rest against GS. (Loss)
Full strength against DEN. (Win)
Full strength against GS. (Win)
Full strength against OKC. (Win)
Spur will rest against DAL. (probably a loss w/ Mavs fighting for their playoff lives right now)

This is how I see the Season playing out. Spurs will be 68-14 at season's end. GS and OKC games are winnable as BOTH are going to be playing the 2nd of a B2B. Should also note OKC last game is against the Spurs on Tuesday and they already clinched the 3rd seed. Don't be Surprise if they rest WB and Durant for that game.

last I heard, he might be out the rest of the season

Gutter92
04-06-2016, 10:53 AM
To think if Jeremy Lin didn't own us...we would have had a real chance at home court...

TheDoctor
04-06-2016, 11:00 AM

Spurs just need to beat them on Sunday, which I believe they will coming off a back to back against the Grizz. Conley will be back and the Grizz are as physical as they come....

He's done for the season mate.

Old School 44
04-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Rest. As it stands, I think the Spurs are on the better end of the bracket for the WC final four, assuming seeding holds. I prefer OkC to the Clippers. I think the Clips are deeper, especially with the returning Griffin. With the Thunder, it's really just Durant/Westbrook. I know he had a good series against the Spurs last year, but imo Ibaka has kind of fallen off. I also like the Clips facing the Warriors. Lots of bad blood there.

The undefeated at home record would be nice, so would derailing the Warriors chase for the all time win record, but it really doesn't matter.

I vote for Health and Rest!

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-06-2016, 11:29 AM
He's done for the season mate.

You guys are right. Last report was he was expected back at the end of the season. I guess the recent revaluation suggested otherwise. Well, the Grizz don't have a shot at winning either one of those guys games. But hopefully, they give it their all against GS on Saturday.

gameFACE
04-06-2016, 11:35 AM
It's pretty amazing but the Spurs are pretty well rested right now, tbh. No need to rest on Thursday. No need to rest anyone until the last two games. That would be almost a whole week off before the playoffs.

I'd love the Spurs to win at GS on Thursday and totally fuck up their psyche. Win at their gym and rob them of 73 wins at the same time. Even if that means GS wins in SA on Sunday. Because the Spurs don't give a shit if they don't go perfect at home but GS has been chasing the Bulls record for a while.

NameLess Scrub
04-06-2016, 11:46 AM
To think if Jeremy Lin didn't own us...we would have had a real chance at home court...

Badley Beal breaking LaMarcus ankles for a winning 3 and the Pacers game return to mind.

steeledl
04-06-2016, 02:10 PM
We aren't getting HCA even if we try. The only reason I'd even consider trying Thursday in Oakland is to put pressure on the warriors and make them keep grinding because the season is taking a toll on them

on the other hand, I don't want to give them the satisfaction of beating us in a game we go all of in. I'd rather just try to win our home gave vs them on last game of the season. Idk.

Spurtacular
04-06-2016, 02:44 PM
I think it's amazing that while the Warriors have had this historical season, one week from the end, there's still a mathematical chance that they could end up as the #2 seed overall despite their record pace.

I've also wondered what it would do to them to be tracked down in this season -- of all seasons -- by a team that doesn't really seem to care much about records.

With that said, I don't think the Spurs can realistically catch the Warriors and I think the typical Pop play here is to rest on Thursday and not show GST anything.

Way to temper my enthusiasm :lol:

GS is definitely cracking, though. They were up 75-60 on Minnie. And Kerr is talking about pressure. They're a high strung team.

look_at_g_shred
04-06-2016, 02:48 PM
They've rested enough. Play em.

TampaDude
04-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Tomorrow night's game is on TNT. Pop will tank that game like a mofo. I'll bet the starters don't even travel to Oakland. :hat

SAGirl
04-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Rest. As it stands, I think the Spurs are on the better end of the bracket for the WC final four, assuming seeding holds. I prefer OkC to the Clippers. I think the Clips are deeper, especially with the returning Griffin. With the Thunder, it's really just Durant/Westbrook. I know he had a good series against the Spurs last year, but imo Ibaka has kind of fallen off. I also like the Clips facing the Warriors. Lots of bad blood there.

The undefeated at home record would be nice, so would derailing the Warriors chase for the all time win record, but it really doesn't matter.

I vote for Health and Rest!
Frankly if the Clippers were not such chokers, they have a small chance to even defeat them. CP is a dog of a PG, and they will get boards and paint points. They now have athletes in the perimeter too. Its just where GSW excels (clutchness) Clippers lack.

But it is far from a cakewalk for GSW.

Old School 44
04-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Frankly if the Clippers were not such chokers, they have a small chance to even defeat them. CP is a dog of a PG, and they will get boards and paint points. They now have athletes in the perimeter too. Its just where GSW excels (clutchness) Clippers lack.

But it is far from a cakewalk for GSW.

The Clips will get a chance to backup their "lucky" statement from last year's playoffs. I forget who said it, but someone from the Clips said the Warriors were "lucky" they didn't have to face them or the Spurs in the playoffs last year. Imo, this is the best rivalry series in the NBA right now. These teams just don't seem to like each other.

And like you said, it's far from a cakewalk for the Warriors.

Old School 44
04-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Tomorrow night's game is on TNT. Pop will tank that game like a mofo. I'll bet the starters don't even travel to Oakland. :hat

This just announced. The Spurs have called up the entire Austin Spurs roster for the Warriors game on TNT.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/834/044/hi-res-2e189901174a6b3bd92042733dd0e473_crop_exact.jpg?w= 650&h=432&q=85

TampaDude
04-06-2016, 05:00 PM
This just announced. The Spurs have called up the entire Austin Spurs roster for the Warriors game on TNT.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/834/044/hi-res-2e189901174a6b3bd92042733dd0e473_crop_exact.jpg?w= 650&h=432&q=85

Now THAT would be funny as hell. I wonder how much the NBA would fine the Spurs for doing that. :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Lot of hoping that the Warriors will be tired in the playoffs after going for 72 but don't forget the first round gives everyone a lot of rest.

Chillen
04-06-2016, 06:11 PM
I say go full strength at Warriors, rest the Denver game. If Spurs rest their starters vs Warriors, Warriors should to that team is looking tired now.

Kikoluna
04-06-2016, 06:12 PM
Play them. Stop being a little *****