PDA

View Full Version : should really worry about the refs in a matchup with GS

SpursforSix
04-06-2016, 09:29 AM
Is there any doubt who the NBA wants in the Finals?

On the ESPN NBA menu, the categories:

Scores
Teams
Stats
Standings
Players
Draft
Nothin' but Steph

I don't think there is anyway that the moving screens will get called. At least not in critical junctures.
And Kawhi is going to get hammered around the basket and is not going to get calls.

I. Hustle
04-06-2016, 09:34 AM
They just have to go all out and not let them get close.

BTW, I hammered your mom last night and she didn't make any calls either.

101A
04-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Early foul trouble for Danny Green. Sublime. Simple.

SpursforSix
04-06-2016, 09:40 AM
They just have to go all out and not let them get close.

BTW, I hammered your mom last night and she didn't make any calls either.

Liar. She was with boutons.

I. Hustle
04-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Liar. She was with boutons.

Yeah. She got spit roasted

We gave her the ol' wobbly H

SpursforSix
04-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Yeah. She got spit roasted

We gave her the ol' wobbly H

I had to look that one up. Wobbly H.

Very disrespectful.

I. Hustle
04-06-2016, 10:00 AM
I had to look that one up. Wobbly H.

Very disrespectful.

The heart wants what it wants

NameLess Scrub
04-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Early foul trouble for Danny Green. Sublime. Simple.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-06-2016, 06:15 PM
If anything the refs will favor the Spurs. The Spurs are vastly outmatched against golden state and yet the league wants close games to keep a Spurs/warriors series entertaining.

DarrinS
04-06-2016, 06:17 PM
If anything the refs will favor the Spurs. The Spurs are vastly outmatched against golden state and yet the league wants close games to keep a Spurs/warriors series entertaining.

Vastly outmatched?

apalisoc_9
04-06-2016, 06:18 PM
The moving screens is worrisosme. TD and West move on screens too, but their game is more dependnt on screen than ours...

TheGreatYacht
04-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Was thinking about this awhile back....

Does anyone actually think the NBA wants Spurs v Cavs 2.0? :lol

If GSW gets 73, it'll be damn near impossible to overcome the refs from writing their :cry great story :cry

TheGreatYacht
04-06-2016, 07:44 PM
I've never seen an and-1 get reversed at the replay booth into a charging foul. The NBA said fuck the rule book, help them at all co$t$

SpursforSix
04-06-2016, 07:45 PM

Nigga you can't be serious. They want Curry vs Lebron in the Finals.

cjw
04-06-2016, 09:36 PM
We would they want the artist recently known as Curry Bryant in the finals?

GSH
04-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Did any of you happen to watch the game last night IN OAKLAND? Minnesota shot 36 FT's, and Golden State shot 8? I guess the league doesn't want the Bulls season record to be beaten?

Obstructed_View
04-07-2016, 12:05 AM
Did any of you happen to watch the game last night IN OAKLAND? Minnesota shot 36 FT's, and Golden State shot 8? I guess the league doesn't want the Bulls season record to be beaten?

I'm sure you're driving at something, but I can't figure out what it is, as the number of FTA isn't an indication of officiating quality.

I watched the game. Minnesota went relentlessly to the rim all night, so they were going to be drawing fouls. The Dubs also turned the ball over 24 times, so there are going to be fewer opportunities to draw fouls.

What I saw was the officials overturn an and-1 with a minute to go by going to replay. I'm still bewildered that they did that. Chris Webber, doing color, was angry about that call. They awarded two phantom shooting fouls to the Dubs in the last minute, one of which was a touch on the elbow well after the shot was away. Then, finally, they allowed Curry to blatantly double dribble with 5 seconds left in a tie game. That's at least five points and a possession they took away from the visiting team in less than 60 seconds.

hsxvvd
04-07-2016, 12:35 AM
I'm sure you're driving at something, but I can't figure out what it is, as the number of FTA isn't an indication of officiating quality.

I watched the game. Minnesota went relentlessly to the rim all night, so they were going to be drawing fouls. The Dubs also turned the ball over 24 times, so there are going to be fewer opportunities to draw fouls.

What I saw was the officials overturn an and-1 with a minute to go by going to replay. I'm still bewildered that they did that. Chris Webber, doing color, was angry about that call. They awarded two phantom shooting fouls to the Dubs in the last minute, one of which was a touch on the elbow well after the shot was away. Then, finally, they allowed Curry to blatantly double dribble with 5 seconds left in a tie game. That's at least five points and a possession they took away from the visiting team in less than 60 seconds.

The Warriors have been getting this sort of late game treatment all year. Phantom calls one way, swallowed whistles the other... it's how they've pulled it if so many late game situations. It's easy to see the Curry highlights and heroics but they've come as a result of some very favourable treatment.

GSH
04-07-2016, 12:41 PM

My point is that they didn't exactly swallow their whistles. How many times have you seen a team go "relentlessly to the rim", and NOT get those calls that Minnesota was getting? I'm remembering a couple of Spurs/Dallas games where the Spurs had to quit going at the rim because they kept drawing so many offensive fouls - meanwhile Dirk couldn't be looked at on the other end, without a whistle. Even with those strange calls at the end, I'll take that same officiating against Golden State tonight.

Overturning the and-1 is something I don't understand at all, and I expected to see a mea culpa coming from the league. I didn't think that there was any circumstance where they could review a foul call, except something like the foul came after a shot clock violation. Still, if the Spurs get to go to the FT line 36 times, like Minnesota did in that game, I like the Spurs' chances. Especially since 36 FT's means a few Warriors are in foul trouble.

travis2
04-07-2016, 02:04 PM
From the "Last Two Minute" report:

Period Time Call Type Committing Player Disadvantaged Player Review Decision
Q4 00:04.9 Turnover: Double Dribble Stephen Curry CNC
Comment: Curry (GSW) takes a legal dribble on the play. His taps the inbound pass to the floor before gaining control. This does not constitute a dribble.

Q4 01:09.0 Foul: Offensive Karl-Anthony Towns Stephen Curry CC
Comment: After communicating with the Replay Center, the officials determined that Curry (GSW) was outside of the restricted area when the contact with Towns (MIN) occurred.

Q4 01:09.0 Instant Replay: Overturn Ruling CC
Comment: After communicating with the Replay Center, the officials determined that Curry (GSW) was outside of the restricted area when the contact with Towns (MIN) occurred.

The NBA office has spoken...

GSH
04-07-2016, 03:58 PM
From the "Last Two Minute" report:

Q4 01:09.0 Instant Replay: Overturn Ruling CC

The NBA office has spoken...

I swear I thought that was not reviewable. Out of bounds, or 3P line, yes. But that's a charge/block call. Maybe he made it because he said that Curry was outside the circle, but it's still a charge/block call that they reviewed. They sure as shit don't review the restricted circle for everybody, even in the last 2 minutes.

Leetonidas
04-07-2016, 04:01 PM
My point is that they didn't exactly swallow their whistles. How many times have you seen a team go "relentlessly to the rim", and NOT get those calls that Minnesota was getting? I'm remembering a couple of Spurs/Dallas games where the Spurs had to quit going at the rim because they kept drawing so many offensive fouls - meanwhile Dirk couldn't be looked at on the other end, without a whistle. Even with those strange calls at the end, I'll take that same officiating against Golden State tonight.

Overturning the and-1 is something I don't understand at all, and I expected to see a mea culpa coming from the league. I didn't think that there was any circumstance where they could review a foul call, except something like the foul came after a shot clock violation. Still, if the Spurs get to go to the FT line 36 times, like Minnesota did in that game, I like the Spurs' chances. Especially since 36 FT's means a few Warriors are in foul trouble.

I'll never forget Dirk stepping on Tim Duncan's foot and fouling him out....fuck that series Spurs-Mavs 10 years later :lol

Obstructed_View
04-07-2016, 04:32 PM
I swear I thought that was not reviewable. Out of bounds, or 3P line, yes. But that's a charge/block call. Maybe he made it because he said that Curry was outside the circle, but it's still a charge/block call that they reviewed. They sure as shit don't review the restricted circle for everybody, even in the last 2 minutes.

It's reviewable, but they are required to verify that the player's feet are outside the circle AND that he's in legal guarding position. Curry was not in legal guarding position, so there's no fucking way you call that an offensive foul.

You know what else is reviewable? The clear path foul that the Warriors committed and the refs just completely overlooked.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2016, 04:33 PM
I'll never forget Dirk stepping on Tim Duncan's foot and fouling him out....fuck that series Spurs-Mavs 10 years later :lol

Duncan and Horry constantly in foul trouble because Michael Finley and Manu were the power forwards. Ugh.

EVAY
04-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Duncan and Horry constantly in foul trouble because Michael Finley and Manu were the power forwards. Ugh.

This.

TheGreatYacht
04-07-2016, 05:38 PM
2015/2016 stats for the assigned officials tonight:

James Capers Jr
Home Team - 62.5 W/L%, 24.9FTA, 20.5PF
Away Team - 37.5 W/L%, 22.9FTA, 22.0PF

Pat Fraher
Home Team - 60.0 W/L%, 24.6FTA, 18.9PF
Away Team - 40.0 W/L%, 21.6FTA, 20.1PF

Kane Fitzgerald
Home Team - 54.2 W/L%, 24.1FTA, 21.3PF
Away Team - 45.8 W/L%, 24.0FTA, 21.5PF

james evans
04-07-2016, 05:41 PM
In all my years of watching basketball, i have NEVER IN MY LIFE seen an official reverse a foul call after reviewing. NEVER!! That shit is scary

tonight...you
04-07-2016, 05:41 PM
I've never seen an and-1 get reversed at the replay booth into a charging foul. The NBA said fuck the rule book, help them at all co$t$
That was one of the weirdest things I ever saw on a basketball court. Next to Draymond tossing bodies into the air like an ECW event and the refs think everything is just fine on all accounts.

tonight...you
04-07-2016, 05:43 PM

James Capers Jr

Pat Fraher

Kane Fitzgerald
Holy crap-snack. Now is there a way to pull up how the officials call each team...

TheGreatYacht
04-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Holy crap-snack. Now is there a way to pull up how the officials call each team...
basketball-reference.com/referees :tu

NBA.com posts ref assignments for each game in the morning

Obstructed_View
04-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Restricted Area Block/Charge Review
Since the 2012-13 season, referees have reviewed all block/charge calls when they are not reasonably certain as to whether the defender was inside or outside of the restricted area. For more information about what constitutes a block or a charge, click here). Restricted area replays are conducted only during the last two minutes of the fourth period and during all of overtime.

When conducting their review, referees attempt to confirm or overturn their original call.

The call is deemed a block if referees deem the defender was:

Not in a legal guarding position, or
In a legal guarding position, but inside the restricted area
The call is deemed a charge if the defender was in a legal guarding position and outside the restricted area.

So basically they are allowed to review it, but it's not like the NFL where they can ONLY look at if his feet were outside the circle. There's no restriction. They're supposed to look at everything in an attempt to get the call right. If Curry had position I'd be okay with reviewing it but he took the contact in his shoulder. Where his feet are doesn't mean anything at that point, and you'd think a group of people whose sole purpose in life is to get those calls right would know that.

The only thing scarier than them fucking up that and the blatant double dribble by Curry is that they issued an official statement saying that they got the calls right. That's seriously fucked up.

GSH
04-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Restricted Area Block/Charge Review
Since the 2012-13 season, referees have reviewed all block/charge calls when they are not reasonably certain as to whether the defender was inside or outside of the restricted area. For more information about what constitutes a block or a charge, click here). Restricted area replays are conducted only during the last two minutes of the fourth period and during all of overtime.

When conducting their review, referees attempt to confirm or overturn their original call.

The call is deemed a block if referees deem the defender was:

Not in a legal guarding position, or
In a legal guarding position, but inside the restricted area
The call is deemed a charge if the defender was in a legal guarding position and outside the restricted area.

So basically they are allowed to review it, but it's not like the NFL where they can ONLY look at if his feet were outside the circle. There's no restriction. They're supposed to look at everything in an attempt to get the call right. If Curry had position I'd be okay with reviewing it but he took the contact in his shoulder. Where his feet are doesn't mean anything at that point, and you'd think a group of people whose sole purpose in life is to get those calls right would know that.

The only thing scarier than them fucking up that and the blatant double dribble by Curry is that they issued an official statement saying that they got the calls right. That's seriously fucked up.

I'll be damned. Good find. I had no idea. "Legal guarding position" is subjective, so it still doesn't sit well with me. Why not review illegal screens and everything else in the last two minutes? Better still, how about lane violations? That would be fun - and it's not even subjective. Yeah, let's review every FT in the last two minutes, to see if there were any lane violations.

dbestpro
04-07-2016, 09:01 PM
All of these over the top rules is why the game is so hard to call, and why officials almost always look like the most stupid people in the building.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2016, 09:51 PM
I'll be damned. Good find. I had no idea. "Legal guarding position" is subjective, so it still doesn't sit well with me. Why not review illegal screens and everything else in the last two minutes? Better still, how about lane violations? That would be fun - and it's not even subjective. Yeah, let's review every FT in the last two minutes, to see if there were any lane violations.

And the trigger is supposed to be if they're checking his feet. He wasn't anywhere close to being on the line, so this smacks of an excuse to just change the call, which is monumentally fucked up.

All of these over the top rules is why the game is so hard to call, and why officials almost always look like the most stupid people in the building.

This. So much this. Make every remotely questionable block/charge a block, encourage so-so defenders to either try for the shot block or get the fuck out of the way. They made all these rule changes to open up the offense and make the game exciting, but instead you have second-rate defenders stepping under people while they're in the air and being rewarded for it.

spursistan
04-09-2016, 09:34 PM
yeah, you should

:lmao at the non call on Lance last shot..meanwhile Green is hacking the fuck out of opposing players with disregard to elementary rules of the game..

the league, media, and down to refs are invested in their narrative...

spursistan
04-09-2016, 09:35 PM

DMC
04-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Why should you worry about the refs? All these guys play for the same owner (Adam Silver). If the Rock is supposed to win this one, don't worry that the ref might be looking at something going on near the other corner when Stone Cold comes sliding under the bottom rope with a chair and takes out Michaels.

DMC
04-09-2016, 09:40 PM
I mean seriously, if you guys think this is all rigged, why do you watch? Everyone's getting paid either way and if it's just a production for your enjoyment and to monetize the action to the highest bidding fan base, why watch? I don't watch WWE.

Dro210
04-09-2016, 09:44 PM
yeah, you should

:lmao at the non call on Lance last shot..meanwhile Green is hacking the fuck out of opposing players with disregard to elementary rules of the game..

the league, media, and down to refs are invested in their narrative...

Just embarrassing as a basketball fan... Hard to even watch right now.

The no-call when Gaymond fouled Vince a minute earlier was even worse.

Keepin' it real
04-09-2016, 09:45 PM
I mean seriously, if you guys think this is all rigged, why do you watch?

Because.

spursistan
04-09-2016, 09:47 PM

Benoit
04-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Wait are Spurs fans going to ignore that A REF ADMITTED TO RIGGING GAMES FOR THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS?!?!?! LMFAO

tbdog
04-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Any gif of the play yet?

spursistan
04-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Just embarrassing as a basketball fan... Hard to even watch right now.

The no-call when Gaymond fouled Vince a minute earlier was even worse.

Benoit
04-09-2016, 09:50 PM
fvkKdXLwt0U
QRp17FCifjc

Harry Callahan
04-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Arms extended moving screens make it much easier to play basketball for the Rainbow Warriors. Call it the Curry Rules authored by Disney. BTW ESPN and Disney are bleeding cash and having a "Great" NBA team is needed to help monetize their poor business deal with the NBA.

Dro210
04-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Why should you worry about the refs? All these guys play for the same owner (Adam Silver). If the Rock is supposed to win this one, don't worry that the ref might be looking at something going on near the other corner when Stone Cold comes sliding under the bottom rope with a chair and takes out Michaels.

I mean seriously, if you guys think this is all rigged, why do you watch? Everyone's getting paid either way and if it's just a production for your enjoyment and to monetize the action to the highest bidding fan base, why watch? I don't watch WWE.

This is so dumb tho, and not even close to comparable... NBA players aren't acting out a script. That's naive if you don't think certain teams get favorable calls at certain times. This golden state team has been getting the treatment for the majority of the past 2 seasons, but they've been getting some really embarrassing calls/no-calls as they struggle down the stretch here. Privately, I couldn't even be proud of it if I were them tbh.

There's nothing you can do about it, you just play your best and try to overcome it. We've done it plenty of times... but it's definitely a real issue.

bklynspursfan
04-09-2016, 10:03 PM
It's not the first time. They've been helping them all year, but mostly since the ASB. GS has been sluggish, but the officials have stepped up and been ultra efficient and instrumental in some of their wins. Was a total team effort

Kawhitstorm
04-09-2016, 10:14 PM

James Capers Jr

Pat Fraher

Kane Fitzgerald

The issue is that the Worriers aren't a team that draw shooting fouls but they get away w/ BLATANT fouls so the only thing that should be relevant is that "non-calls". The league only releases a review of the final 2-minutes so it's impossible to determine a call for a non-call that the league would acknowledge BEFORE the 2 minute mark.

JVG called out the refs during the last meeting on ABC & said Kawhi has to call his own fouls. (not to mention the phantom offensive fouls) Bitch ass Ronnie Nunn is like a defense lawyer & will claim Draymond never committed a foul even if he clothlines a player at center court:

NrPdX8vhMuo

Kawhitstorm
04-09-2016, 10:17 PM
fvkKdXLwt0U

FauHYVhGrQg

DMC
04-09-2016, 10:24 PM
This is so dumb tho, and not even close to comparable... NBA players aren't acting out a script. That's naive if you don't think certain teams get favorable calls at certain times. This golden state team has been getting the treatment for the majority of the past 2 seasons, but they've been getting some really embarrassing calls/no-calls as they struggle down the stretch here. Privately, I couldn't even be proud of it if I were them tbh.

There's nothing you can do about it, you just play your best and try to overcome it. We've done it plenty of times... but it's definitely a real issue.

They play for and represent the league. Do you think a KFC would take a huge shit on one of its franchises just to prop up another? If it did, would you cry FOWL?

Haven't you noticed how Pop has become more NBA friendly after he got the USA coaching gig? It's all a product sold by the same Jews, just packaged differently in different cities.

Dro210
04-09-2016, 10:38 PM
They play for and represent the league. Do you think a KFC would take a huge shit on one of its franchises just to prop up another? If it did, would you cry FOWL?

Haven't you noticed how Pop has become more NBA friendly after he got the USA coaching gig? It's all a product sold by the same Jews, just packaged differently in different cities.

A volume shooter when it comes to bad metaphors :lol

nickdakoolkat
04-10-2016, 12:01 AM
Curry get ZERO respect or calls so theres no need to worry about the refs. The guy gets manhandled almost every game and they don't give him shit, and guys like harden and griffin barely get touched but they throw their heads back and get all kinds of calls.

spursistan
04-10-2016, 01:04 AM

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 01:06 AM
Curry get ZERO respect or calls so theres no need to worry about the refs. The guy gets manhandled almost every game and they don't give him shit, and guys like harden and griffin barely get touched but they throw their heads back and get all kinds of calls.

He was getting ZERO respect when Kawhi was trying to post him up.:lol (Kawhi gets treated just like Lance)

spursistan
04-10-2016, 01:09 AM
Watch that faggot Bogut with the moving screen here..no wonder Curry was vomiting bricks without them in the San Antonio game..

UZER
04-10-2016, 01:30 AM
Kerr is like Phil. He knows his team will get away with more so he tells them to be more aggressive defensively, especially in the 4th, because they're gonna get away with a lot of contact and slaps. But then will scream bloody murder when they get a bad call to play up the "hey we're really getting screwed here" card. That's exactly what Kerr did on that moving screen call on Speights early in the game against SA here.

Even with all the calls / no-calls they KNOW they get away with, the moment they get the short end of one that costs them playoff game, players, coaches, ESPN gonna cry about it for days, while ignoring everything else that helps them win.

Dro210
04-10-2016, 02:12 AM
Watch that faggot Bogut with the moving screen here..no wonder Curry was vomiting bricks without them in the San Antonio game..

Geez, that's so bad :lol barnes slide too, "close the gate!"

Wasn't even the one I was expecting either. There was one late where curry was already stiff arming the defender and bogut just steps into the picture and clears him out.

Kerr is like Phil. He knows his team will get away with more so he tells them to be more aggressive defensively, especially in the 4th, because they're gonna get away with a lot of contact and slaps. But then will scream bloody murder when they get a bad call to play up the "hey we're really getting screwed here" card. That's exactly what Kerr did on that moving screen call on Speights early in the game against SA here.

Even with all the calls / no-calls they KNOW they get away with, the moment they get the short end of one that costs them playoff game, players, coaches, ESPN gonna cry about it for days, while ignoring everything else that helps them win.

:tu

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 02:16 AM
Meh, they aren't any different than the 2008-2012 Celtics, 2008-2010 Lakers, etc..high-profile teams are generally permitted to get away with whatever their "specialty" is, whether it's moving screens, physical defense and hand-checking, etc..

Their egregious plays are more exposed in today's social media era, tbh..I don't think they are as bad as the previous Thunder teams, for instance..

Dro210
04-10-2016, 02:21 AM
Meh, they aren't any different than the 2008-2012 Celtics, 2008-2010 Lakers, etc..high-profile teams are generally permitted to get away with whatever their "specialty" is, whether it's moving screens, physical defense and hand-checking, etc..

No doubt about it... like I said in another thread earlier, or maybe even this one: it's nothing we haven't dealt with and overcome before.

SAGirl
04-10-2016, 03:07 AM
Wow! :wow