PDA

View Full Version : The Timberwolves and the Celtics relentlessly attacked the rim against GS...

Amuseddaysleeper
04-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Spurs aren't going to beat the Warriors settling for the jumpshot. Opposing teams want you to settle for long jumpers. The Spurs seem to be allergic to attacking the rim and even down the stretch against Utah they were settling for way too many jumpers. Considering the outside shooting slump this team is in I hope Pop focuses more on punishing GS in the paint as oppose to trying to force the issue from midrange.

coachmac87
04-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Posting up works too

Mnky
04-06-2016, 10:47 AM
You have to have ball handlers for that. A healthy manu not playing foolish will help. He has slowed down Lately. Which is good to see. Kawhi looked aggressive last night and got some fouls. Hopefully Danny doesn't get too many ideas.. Parker looked fat, but quick last night. Hopefully he remembers to pass out of the double and Triple teams. K martin can help with that. As always Aldridge will be a factor if they get him an entry pass for once. Tony had two horrible passes last night going for Duncan.. I can not believe at this stage of his career he can't get an entry pass in. Wastes a ton of hussle plays by Kawhi and lma sprinting down court and closing their man off down low. Anderson is becoming more comfortable and he looks to drive and dish to the playmakers which is something they need. .. I think Pop can dial that all in.

Chinook
04-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Spurs aren't going to beat the Warriors settling for the jumpshot. Opposing teams want you to settle for long jumpers. The Spurs seem to be allergic to attacking the rim and even down the stretch against Utah they were settling for way too many jumpers. Considering the outside shooting slump this team is in I hope Pop focuses more on punishing GS in the paint as oppose to trying to force the issue from midrange.

I still can't understand why you're on here and not Warriors World.

Chinook
04-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Anyway, what really helped the Wolves was that Towns is great at driving for a big. LMA and Diaw will have to bring something similar. Anderson needs to commit to the drive. Those guys also need to shoot, though. You won't have lanes for long if you're not knocking down outside jumpers

Spurs9
04-06-2016, 11:08 AM
LMA tbh

Amuseddaysleeper
04-06-2016, 11:42 AM
I still can't understand why you're on here and not Warriors World.

Been a Spurs fan for 20 years, but this team still has some things they can clean up. No shame in losing to the Warriors at all, but this has been one of the more frustrating Spurs teams despite their great record.

100%duncan
04-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Been a Spurs fan for 20 years, but this team still has some things they can clean up. No shame in losing to the Warriors at all, but this has been one of the more frustrating Spurs teams despite their great record.

You're frustrated because of their great record. High expectations. It's normal.

SupremeGuy
04-06-2016, 11:49 AM
Posting up works tooThis.

:lma and :claw will break them.

gameFACE
04-06-2016, 11:50 AM
LMA tbh

LMA and West, tbh. West is a bruiser. Get physical with GS.

Chinook
04-06-2016, 12:00 PM

I mean, why aren't you there making game threads and any other type you can?

benefactor
04-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Damn...Chinook is testy today.:lol

tmtcsc
04-06-2016, 12:07 PM

You have to have the players that can do it. Parker is too slow and some of the other guys are too old and don't have the lift. Young Manu and Tony would have killed them. Spurs will have to rely on mid-range game.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-06-2016, 12:11 PM
I mean, why aren't you there making game threads and any other type you can?

Ohhh, no Warriors World banned my IP address. :(

I. Hustle
04-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Ohhh, no Warriors World banned my IP address. :(

Accounts - Create

Due to the large number of idiots spamming the board. New account creation is disabled. Contact del if you feel like you are a worthy contributor and would like to register

tmtcsc
04-06-2016, 12:18 PM

Their mid-range game is good enough to beat the Warriors but you have to play solid D, limit turnovers and reduce GS's possessions with a slowed down tempo. If Green starts shooting well from 3 - the Spurs can blow out GS. His confidence is shit right now. Same thing with Patty, if he starts making his 3's consistently, look out.

GS's turnovers and shot selection is atrocious - especially right now as they crawl to the finish line. They are mentally spent.

Kawhitstorm
04-06-2016, 12:21 PM
You don't want Danny dribbling & he's the one guy they will help off when they are trapping.:lol

daslicer
04-06-2016, 12:25 PM
The Wolves have athletes in Wiggins,Shabazz,Lavigne,Towns. Outside of Kawhi,Simmons, there is nobody that jumps out athletically on the spurs. The Spurs strength against GSW is going to be the mid range jumpshot and posting up Kawhi,Diaw,LMA,West,and Duncan against GSW.

Spurs9
04-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Cavs should have never have traded Wiggins for Love. They could have kept Wiggins and signed another big for the money they paid Love.

cjw
04-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Cavs should have never have traded Wiggins for Love. They could have kept Wiggins and signed another big for the money they paid Love.

Or even traded for a Ryan Anderson type into one of their trade exception over the past year and change.

Wiggins probably would have had a much different development track on the Cavs. Less production with more efficiency.

Horse
04-06-2016, 12:46 PM
This also opens up offensive rebounding oppourtuities. I see things playing out similar to '14 the closer they get the more dominant they will be. They know they never should've lost to choke paul last season.

BOHOLANO#21
04-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Rudy Gobert's presence made the Spurs players think twice in attacking the basket!

LakerHater
04-06-2016, 03:20 PM
PnR & Screen D

Mr. Body
04-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Their mid-range game is good enough to beat the Warriors but you have to play solid D, limit turnovers and reduce GS's possessions with a slowed down tempo. If Green starts shooting well from 3 - the Spurs can blow out GS. His confidence is shit right now. Same thing with Patty, if he starts making his 3's consistently, look out.

GS's turnovers and shot selection is atrocious - especially right now as they crawl to the finish line. They are mentally spent.

I agree with this take. I can't count on Green to turn it on. But if he does, I'm not sure the Spurs can be beat. The Warriors are suffering from a downtick in their ridiculous shooting and that's affecting everything.

$pursDynasty
04-06-2016, 03:51 PM
funny how that seems to be a flaw that they have in common with the Spurs. Penetrating guards always give the Spurs fits. Westbrick especially back in the day, Monte E. with the Mavericks that year. Penetration wrecks lots of defenses, because I can't think of any team that it isn't a problem for.

Brazil
04-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Amused is a very well known cliff jumper tbh... and also the greatest spur jinxer of all time :lol

tmtcsc
04-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Golden State has been a good defensive team for most of the year but NOT great and their high-speed offense is prone to turnovers (especially from No-Look passers R.Green and Curry). They also thrive when they suck opponents in to playing their game of shooting low-percentage 3's at a fast pace. 9/10 times GSW will win that game, especially with two of the best 3 pt shooters in Curry and Thompson.

The Spurs on the other hand, have played consistently great defense - by the numbers. It's their identity and what they do. Play great defense, win the mid-range and higher percentage shot selection game. They will beat the Warriors in a playoff matchup. The Spurs excel at learning their opponents and making the proper adjustments.