PDA

View Full Version : Talent Agent Advice

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Do any of you know anything about the Entertainment field- more specifically Modeling?

There is an agency in town, Casting America, that has offered to sign me to a two year Talent Management Contract.
I have a letter stating their intent. However, the offer is conditional on my taking acting/ modeling classes and putting together a portfolio.
The agency provides these things but I would have to raise my own funds through sponsors- like a beauty pageant contestant.
For the classes, head shots, composite cards etc my estimated expenses are $6, 890 dollars. This amount would be less if I chose not to opt for the nice but not necesary things like a website and lifetime Vip membership on the auditon page.

The man I have been speaking to Lew Carr, the president and CEO, of the agency has made a good pitch. But then again that is his jon.

This post has two purposes;
1) If any of you have any reason, no matter how insignificant that I should not proceed. please tell me.

(Don't laugh at me if this is an obvious scam. I honestly don't know any better)

2) If this is legit, I need ideas about where to go to ask for sponsors.

Thanks all.

SWC Bonfire
09-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, keep in mind that this guy makes money off of you whether you make it big or not.

Perhaps you should try doing commercials for the World Car dealerships. :lol

MannyIsGod
09-28-2005, 04:02 PM
I don't have any personal experiences with modeling agencies (:lmao I know you guys are SHOCKED) but I would be very leery of any situation like this where you have to put up a large sum of money up front.

It just sounds fishy. Hopefully someone here has better insight into things.

Shelly
09-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Angel, read this and then read it again.

http://www.modelingscams.org/

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 04:06 PM
The guy said I could get started in acting for the $ 300 the class cost and about another $ 40 for a head shot.

The fact that they want to charge me anything concerned me because it was my impression that if you were a real talent, agencies invested the money in you knowing they'd make that and some back.

Shelly
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/services/model.htm

angel_luv
Awesome Shelly! Thank you! I will read it right now!

From the site you gave me

Two of the most common things offered by modeling scam artists are modeling photos of a quality or quantity which new and aspiring models do not need, and training which a model does not need, or if it is needed, the reputable agency provides it free.

Ha! I thought so!

nkdlunch
09-28-2005, 04:09 PM
There is an agency in town, Casting America, that has offered to sign me to a two year Talent Management Contract.
I have a letter stating their intent. However, the offer is conditional on my taking acting/ modeling classes and putting together a portfolio.

This is an obvious Scam! Not a huge one, but they would be happy to make a few hundred bucks off you. It's happened to many girls I know.

King
No, absolutely do not do it. ANY agency that asks you for money up front is not legit. I've done this for about nine years, and I have two agents, and I worked at an agency for about a year, so I know a bit about it. I can give you a list of reputable agents in and around the area if you're interested.

These operate by pretty much offering anyone and everyone the opportunity to be a model/actor/actress. Basically, it's anyone that's willing to pay their fees, use their photographers, etc. Agents do NOT care where you get your pictures done, or who does them. They don't care where the picture reproductions are made. They don't stand to make any money off of that.

A headshot session for acting might run about $200-500. Nils Juul Hansen is an excellent photographer in Austin (http://www.nilsjuulhansen.com/) that doesn't charge near that.

Reproductions can be made for $100+ (for about 250 copies). (Anderson Graphics in LA charges about $150 for 250 copies, for example.

Acting classes are available for anywhere from $50 and up. CK McFarland in Austin is a great example. She's about $150 for seven weeks.

Compare those numbers with the seven grand they're asking for. I can guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you will not get a cent back of the money that you give them. You don't need sponsors for acting and modeling.

Reputable agencies do not charge you any money to be represented by them. They make money if/when you make money through an agency fee (standard is 15%) in Texas.

If you're serious about doing it, check with modeling agencies around town.

Condra Artista, Calliope, and Avant are three San Antonio agencies that have been around forever.

Shelly
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=modeling+scams

Serioulsy, you shouldn't have to pay anything. Especially almost $7000 dollars! (did I read that correctly?)

Steve Perry
09-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Stay away from my agent,,,,,,,

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/mouse-on-pc.jpg

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 04:14 PM
No, absolutely do not do it. ANY agency that asks you for money up front is not legit. I've done this for about nine years, and I have two agents, and I worked at an agency for about a year, so I know a bit about it. I can give you a list of reputable agents in and around the area if you're interested.

These operate by pretty much offering anyone and everyone the opportunity to be a model/actor/actress. Basically, it's anyone that's willing to pay their fees, use their photographers, etc. Agents do NOT care where you get your pictures done, or who does them. They don't care where the picture reproductions are made. They don't stand to make any money off of that.

A headshot session for acting might run about $200-500. Nils Juul Hansen is an excellent photographer in Austin (http://www.nilsjuulhansen.com/) that doesn't charge near that.

Reproductions can be made for $100+ (for about 250 copies). (Anderson Graphics in LA charges about $150 for 250 copies, for example.

Acting classes are available for anywhere from $50 and up. CK McFarland in Austin is a great example. She's about $150 for seven weeks.

Compare those numbers with the seven grand they're asking for. I can guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you will not get a cent back of the money that you give them. You don't need sponsors for acting and modeling.

Reputable agencies do not charge you any money to be represented by them. They make money if/when you make money through an agency fee (standard is 15%) in Texas.

Condra Artista, Calliope, and Avant are three San Antonio agencies that have been around forever.

If you have any people in San Antonio I could contact about getting modeling work, I would appreciate the information.
All I want is an honest evaluation and obviously I do not know where to get it.

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Thank you all so much for your help!

SWC Bonfire
09-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Good luck.

King
09-28-2005, 04:22 PM
If you have any people in San Antonio I could contact about getting modeling work, I would appreciate the information.
All I want is an honest evaluation and obviously I do not know where to get it.

Avant Models and Casting
210-308-8411
Owner's name is Diane, unless she's sold within the past year.

Condra Artista Agency - http://condraartista.com/
210-492-9947
Julie Condra

Calliope
210-804-1055

Chic Studios
210-614-2442

Contact them, and see what you have to do. Most will have you send in pictures and/or set up a meeting. They won't charge you a cent, though.

There are a ton in Austin, Houston, and Dallas, also - but these should get you started.

But, if there's one thing you take from this post, it's to cut off ties with the Casting America, and don't give them anything.

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Thank you so much King! You are a life saver!

Kori Ellis
09-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Listen to this advice Angel.

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Listen to this advice Angel.

I'm throwing out the Casting America right now.. except the " You're so pretty" letter he gave me.

At least the guy wasn't a complete liar! :lmao :lmao :lmao

cherylsteele
09-28-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm throwing out the Casting America right now.. except the " You're so pretty" letter he gave me.

At least the guy wasn't a complete liar! :lmao :lmao :lmao
How do you know he wasn't trying to influence your decision by blowing smoke?:D

Shelly
09-28-2005, 04:56 PM
And remember, if JIM offers you the same type of deal, RUN! RUN FAR AWAY!!!!

:)

Sportcamper
09-28-2005, 04:57 PM
"Everybody Loves Raymond" had an episode on this very subject...Where Robert Barone ...Was approached by a modeling agency who made a very appealing pitch...But they needed about 5k up front for photos... portfolio...Composite cards...etc... :smokin

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 05:04 PM
How do you know he wasn't trying to influence your decision by blowing smoke?:D

Hardy har har ! :lol

TheTruth
09-28-2005, 05:20 PM
happened to me...guy said there was a market for fat filipinos.

he was lying.

Spurfect
09-28-2005, 05:33 PM
you should never have to pay.

spurs=bling
09-28-2005, 05:35 PM

he was lying.
:lmao @ fat filipinos.

Horry For 3!
09-28-2005, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't trust that place if they are asking for all this money.

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 05:40 PM
I ripped up all the paper work and threw it away...

Now that the blinders are off they are really off. I don't know what I was thinking.
Here this guy was going to take my photos and I have never seen any of his work.

Sigh! :shootme

batman2883
09-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Damn it Angel if you really want an agent/ manager let me know ill send you my card, i can make you big baby really big

Horry For 3!
09-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Damn it Angel if you really want an agent/ manager let me know ill send you my card, i can make you big baby really big
You'll make her as big as Falls City....which isn't big at all

batman2883
09-28-2005, 05:51 PM
nah im good when it comes down to stuff like that i can get her to start off small like something on broadway then work her up the chain till she gets to star in her own movies that she herself directs and produces

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't know if I want your agent card Bat. I will take your credit card though.

Haha! Nothing like a shopping trip to help shake off the stupid. :spin

While I'm out, I'll pick you up a Rasho jersey. ;)

batman2883
09-28-2005, 05:59 PM
I hate Rasho!!!!

Horry For 3!
09-28-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't know if I want your agent card Bat. I will take your credit card though.

Haha! Nothing like a shopping trip to help shake off the stupid. :spin

While I'm out, I'll pick you up a Rasho jersey. ;)
hahahaha i'm sure bat will give you his credit card

goatchalupa
09-28-2005, 11:02 PM
All I know is to stay away from avant. They owe a friend of mine money from years ago. A few thousand bucks too, not chump change. Bad reputation, just ask around.

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the tip. = )

King
09-28-2005, 11:12 PM
I actually was with Avant for a little bit - I had the same sort of issues with them. It took me a while to get some money, but I eventually got it. It's just an agency that has been here for awhile.

Condra has the best reputation around town, but they don't take on a whole lot of new talent.

Honestly, I'd look into Austin/Dallas/Houston agencies. Dallas gets a ton of modeling work, if that's your main goal. You don't have to move there, necessarily. Just be willing to drive for auditions and go-sees, etc. I've made more than a few trips to Dallas and back, where I was actually in Dallas for less than a half hour. Truthfully, most of the work in Texas is outside of San Antonio. For over three years, I made, on average, two trips to Austin a week. It's not a pleasant thing, but it's the price of it.

Acclaim in Austin has been around for a good bit. Actors Clearinghouse is another. K Hall. Boulevard.

Reason I'd venture outside of San Antonio for representation is that, in the entertainment industry in Texas, San Antonio is almost nothing. Any notices that come through San Antonio - Austin and Dallas are going to know about them, but not necessarily vice versa. I have an agent in Austin and one in Dallas. I know about every audition in San Antonio through them, but when I was represented in San Antonio, I didn't hear about all the things going on in Austin and Dallas.

Do a search for all the agencies. Go in and talk to them. Basically, interview them, like they would you. Some may require acting classes to get in - but not through them. They don't care who you take them with, but they just want you to have experience.

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
So tell me what you do. Are you a model and/ or actor?
What was your favorite job?

kris
10-06-2005, 04:55 AM
I was a actor/model for the Stephen Stoli playhouse on Wurzbach Rd for 3 years. I did mostly underground work, but I was a major player down there. I got out because the game was becoming to commercial. $40k a year in your young 20s sounds nice, but when you think about all the dress rehearsals and photo shoots in addition to 30 hour weeks, it wears on you. If you are serious and ready to commit to a career in modeling, I can funnel you to the right people, but you got to know that not everybody you have to pay is in the wrong. Scouts and talent evaluaters have to make a living to and there's 1000s of girls dying to get a shot. Perfect 10's are a dime a dozen to them, so it's basically of chance of who catches there eye. To them people that pay show more investment, courage, commitment, and desire to be in the game. They show that's really what they want to do for life, not just some girlish dream at the moment. Top o' the line TE's get anywhere from $500 and up for a 10 minute impression and opinion with a model. The models (and sometimes actors) are guaranteed nothing but a look over.

mouse
11-09-2005, 06:01 PM

Hey King I pasted your info in an e mail to help a friend out, I hope you don't mind.

Thanks

Oh, Gee!!
11-09-2005, 06:29 PM
If you have to give them any money for head shots or a portfolio, it's a scam.

angel_luv
11-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Wow! Turns out my quack of an agent may not have been entirely useless!

This morning I found a phone message from Third Coast Casting, a division of Beth Sepko Casting.
http://www.bethsepkocasting.com/beth_sepko_what_we_do.cfm

They want me to be an extra in a movie! It's nothing huge of course but it sounds really fun and it is a paid position. :elephant
I need to be in Austin early Monday morning.

The reason Beth Sepko knows about me is because when I met my agent
(months ago) he gave me a profile application form to mail in. It is not his company or anything.
I decided it couldn't hurt to put my name and profile out there so I mailed in the paperwork and quite honestly forget about it.

Needless to say this was a very pleasant surprise. :fro Just pray they let me switch my hours at the mall!

King
11-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Beth Sepko is quite legit. She's becoming the biggest casting director in Austin. Good person to know. Sweet as hell, too. Extra work is interesting, just be ready for long hours - and truthfully, not a lot of pay. It'll probably be $75 for a 12 hour day. Good experience, though.

Third Coast is the main extras casting agency around. Chances are, you'll get calls in the future from them about other movies. If you agree to do one movie, you're in the system of people they call.

Good luck and have fun with it. Any idea which movie it is?

King
11-24-2005, 11:26 AM
A few more things -

Extras are going to be assigned to a PA (Production assistant). Don't be surprised when he/she is an ass - it's an ego thing. Especially the one in charge of the extras, because that's essentially the lowest rung on the ladder. Don't take it personal.

Be ready to wait - and wait - and wait. We've shot scenes that are two minutes in the movie, and take literally 20 hours to film (over the course of two or three days). It's going to get boring at times - but if you've never seen how a movie is made, it's as close to it as you'll get (assuming you're on set, and not in extras holding) and it's a great way to learn.

Some movies treat the extras bad - as far as second rate food (burgers instead of steak, etc) to what the cast/crew is eating - and some treat them really well. It all depends on the director, actually.

It's not glitz and glamour. Movie sets are actually VERY boring places. But, again - it's a hell of an experience if you've never done anything like it. You'll have fun, I'm sure.

angel_luv
11-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it all in mind! I hope it all works out for me to go because it would be a brand new and great experience.

SA210
11-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Angel Luv, I think we can better give advice when there are pictures.

:lol just kidding, hope all goes well. Happy Thanksgiving.

angel_luv
11-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Wow the paparazzi are after me already?!???! Cool! :lol

SA210
11-24-2005, 12:18 PM
^^^ :lol hey, that's cool your'e in that field. In a couple of months I'll be directing an independent film I'm writing; a comedy. It's always been my dream to make movies.

Banjo Boy
11-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Talent advice from a call screener :Priceless :lmao

angel_luv
11-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Good luck and have fun with it. Any idea which movie it is?

I don't know what movie.. guess I'll find out. =)

King
11-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Talent advice from a call screener :Priceless :lmao

And someone who is SAG eligible, with two agents, and about 14 movies/tv shows of experience.

And, yeah - I screen calls.

angel_luv
11-24-2005, 08:09 PM
And someone who is SAG eligible, with two agents, and about 14 movies/tv shows of experience.

:rolleyes Don't listen to them.

What have you been in? :)

mugatu
11-25-2005, 12:39 AM

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/0-king-toots-his-horn.jpg

CharlieMac
11-25-2005, 12:43 AM
In America's Next Top Model Tyra Banks says that if a talent agency wants you, they'll never have you spend one cent on anything. So you know, she's probably right.

Mr. Defense
11-25-2005, 02:33 AM
Wow! Turns out my quack of an agent may not have been entirely useless!

This morning I found a phone message from Third Coast Casting, a division of Beth Sepko Casting.
http://www.bethsepkocasting.com/beth_sepko_what_we_do.cfm

They want me to be an extra in a movie! It's nothing huge of course but it sounds really fun and it is a paid position. :elephant
I need to be in Austin early Monday morning.

The reason Beth Sepko knows about me is because when I met my agent
(months ago) he gave me a profile application form to mail in. It is not his company or anything.
I decided it couldn't hurt to put my name and profile out there so I mailed in the paperwork and quite honestly forget about it.

Needless to say this was a very pleasant surprise. :fro Just pray they let me switch my hours at the mall!

Thanks for the Heads Up about the Casting Co. :tu

AFE7FATMAN
11-25-2005, 02:41 AM
Stay away from my agent,,,,,,,

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/mouse-on-pc.jpg

I thought your agent was in Dallas

Suns Fan
11-25-2005, 03:18 AM
KING And someone who is SAG eligible, with two agents, and about 14 movies/tv shows of experience.

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/0-king-toots-his-horn.jpg

:lmao

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 03:32 AM
well i got my fuckin head shot and resume ready.

let me know if this shit is legit Angel.

if so? i'll give them a call. supplemental income will come in handy. :tu

Dan Rather
11-25-2005, 03:45 AM
well i got my fuckin head shot

That was one huge lens :lmao

Lee Harvey Oswald
11-25-2005, 03:47 AM

Was you in Dallas?

Suns Fan
11-25-2005, 03:48 AM

Which head?

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 03:49 AM
Was you in Dallas?

you fucking patsy...pipe down.

as in down yu mouf, beyatch...:lol

MannyIsGod
11-25-2005, 03:53 AM
Man, Mouse has become the most annoying poster on this board. Way to go bud.

AFE7FATMAN
11-25-2005, 04:03 AM

Just think Manny, you at one time had the potential to be the most annoying.

By the way Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional.

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 04:05 AM

oh, i'm sure i can top him. :lol

c'mere mouse, i'll give you conkey so you can stand tall...:lmao

dude, mouse, i told you to call me, we had mad leftovers bro...we still got a virgin pecan pie from marie callendars or whatever you call that place...

well..don't count on the pie bro...as a matter of fact...forget i mentioned any pie...

Troll
11-25-2005, 04:20 AM

http://www.altsounds.com/i/babycrying.jpg

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 04:22 AM
okay, so fuck it, mouse, you got some memory lying around for my pos computer?

and a 56K modem for the black slot? (insert sexual joke here)

mouse
11-25-2005, 04:37 AM

At least I can walk upright.

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/0-manny-sucks.jpg

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 04:38 AM
hey, shortstuff!!!

i'm talkin to you!!!

wassuuuppp!

i'll go by your pad RIGHT NOW, i got some leftovers and i need those computer parts bro...

Suns Fan
11-25-2005, 04:40 AM
You notice Manny won't tell Bigzax shit. But loves to pick on Midgets :lmao

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 04:41 AM
Manny has told me stuff before...even called me an asshole at the last GTG...:depressed :cry

but he ain't afraid...:tu

mouse
11-25-2005, 04:41 AM
hey, shortstuff!!!

i'm talkin to you!!!

wassuuuppp!

i'll go by your pad RIGHT NOW, i got some leftovers and i need those computer parts bro...

we already spoke on the phone, If your bi polar ass comes over ? it will be the last time.

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 04:42 AM
so your saying there's a chance....?

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 04:43 AM
oh, don't worry man, i locked up evil bigzak...this is Good Bigzak...pinkie swear bro...:tu

mouse
Manny has told me stuff before...even called me an asshole at the last GTG...:depressed :cry

but he ain't afraid...:tu

Manny has told me shit at GTGs also, I guess it's ok to be an an ass hole in person. just not in the club?

bigzak25
:flipoff

bigzak25
^evil bigzak

sorry...i hate when i have to whip it out...:lmao

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 04:44 AM
oh, i think assholes are encouraged here...actually. :tu

mouse
11-25-2005, 04:45 AM

I find many posters annoying also, But like others in here, I show some class and keep it to myself.

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 04:46 AM
fuck that...speak your mind...got somethin to say? say it. :tu

mouse
11-25-2005, 04:48 AM
The funny part is? 1/2 the screen names Manny hates are not even mine.:lmao

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 04:50 AM
i think he's talking bout the other half that are though...:lmao

mouse
11-25-2005, 04:54 AM
i think he's talking bout the other half that are though...:lmao

And this is New? There are many times I am on the rag, and I don't come to the club to say who is annoying, Besides this topic is about Talent why would someone hijack it to bash anyone? Look at my sig To be honest I think Manny is Bi polar also.

One minute he's telling us at the GTG he won't sit next to that ass hole Tpark the next minute he hugging him, Maybe he's is going through some personal matters so I will cut him some slack. He's lucky I am a midget , I would have done whoop his ass, :smokin

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 04:55 AM
for a 56K and some memory?

i'll be your bodyguard...for 6GTG's only.

then your on your own again...:lol

mouse
11-25-2005, 04:57 AM
for a 56K and some memory?

i'll be your bodyguard...for 6GTG's only.

then your on your own again...:lol

I got rid of all that crap. we are moving in Jan, all I have is your cheesy cd roms you left.

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 05:01 AM
I got rid of all that crap. we are moving in Jan, all I have is your cheesy cd roms you left.

:pctoss

so r u going into hiding?

i gotta tell you man, i'm proud of you...

i hated seeing my friend mouse live in a hole in the wall...:lmao :p

Suns Fan
11-25-2005, 05:02 AM
He better hide before Manny finds his ass :lol

bigzak25
11-25-2005, 05:06 AM
He better hide before Manny finds his ass :lol

or worse yet, GayAbc...:lmao :p

MannyIsGod
11-25-2005, 07:00 AM
I find many posters annoying also, But like others in here, I show some class and keep it to myself.
Show some class? That would be a first for you. You choose the worst times to make jokes over and over again, and most of the time they're not even funny. Your schtick has gotten older faster than your hairline races up your head.

We get it, you have nothing to do but create screen names and post lame ass jokes.

SequSpur
11-25-2005, 07:11 AM
the screen name shit is definitely getting old.

mouse
11-25-2005, 07:38 AM
the screen name shit is definitely getting old.

I know for a fact you have more than one Biooch. and stop hijacking topics.

mouse
11-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Show some class? That would be a first for you.

You have to start somewhere, maybe I can set an exzample for you also.

You choose the worst times to make jokes over and over again,

I had no idea my timing was off, maybe you can help me in that department,

and most of the time they're not even funny.

Pssssst! I got news for you , your no Chris Rock yourself.

when your ready to have a joke off at the next gtg? just let me know monkey boy.

Your schtick has gotten older faster than your hairline races up your head.

Just beacuse your thick ass hairline puts Eddie Munster to shame, does not give you the right to use this forum for personal attacks.

Are you sure this is not someone else using Manny's screen name? He would never resort to making fun of a persons weight, height, or baldness,
He has way to much class for that,

We get it, you have nothing to do but create screen names and post lame ass jokes.

about time you caught on welcome to the club.

Good thing your not a moderator this website would be almost empty, It would just be you , and a few other constipated assholes making fun of people who don't have hair growing on half there faces,

SequSpur
11-25-2005, 08:00 AM
I know for a fact you have more than one Biooch. and stop hijacking topics.

:lol

Look whose talking.

I got one screen name. Fool.

mouse
11-25-2005, 08:10 AM
Hey Sequ ! Kim just got back from walmart on DeZavala and It has lots of parking and many Tvs with dvd still in the store. Hurry!

JoeChalupa
11-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Damn, I need a PC boost. New Hard Drive needs to be loaded with some nice snacks.

And on a side note....some just don't get it. I enjoy the trolls.

mouse
11-25-2005, 09:20 AM
.some just don't get it. I enjoy the trolls.

Trust me at one time so did Manny, It depends who is behind the screen name. If it was LJ who was Mugatu ? Manny and others would be laughing their ass's off. At one time the Club was a place to have fun, Now everyone is using it to post dead relatives to help find a job, It started to get to serious, I am sure Kori would have maybe had made this site where you can only have one screen name per e mail account if she was not happy with our trolls. I guess times have changed maybe Kori will have to change the description of the forum from The Club Discuss anything that is on your mind. Let it all hang out :) to The Club Discuss only topics that are worthy of reading and don't use more than one screen name :lmao

well If manny can keep from making re seeding hairline jokes? I will not use more than two screen names till Xmas, lets see if he will go along with my Olive branch :smokin

angel_luv
11-25-2005, 03:24 PM
You guys always come in my threads, post utter nonsense, and forget all about me.
Thanks! :rolleyes

Mr. Defense
11-25-2005, 03:58 PM
^
who forgot about you?

we're just bumping your thread up. we helpin u out lady!

remember, update this thread after the job...details are requested. :tu

angel_luv
11-25-2005, 04:02 PM
You guys are the best- coming up with two extra pages of baloney just for me! A thousand thank you's! :lol

I am waiting for my confirmation call back. There is a recording saying that everyone is out of the office because of the Thanksgiving holiday but that they will be calling in to check messages.

I am sure that I am not the only person they have to call which may also explain the delay.

I will definitely tell you everything when I get back Monday! =)

Mr. Defense
11-25-2005, 04:20 PM
cool babygirl, remember, we bump you cuz we love you...:lol :p

anyway, i NEED a southtexas agent, so keep me informed. :tu

Samr
11-25-2005, 09:52 PM

At least Manny has hope for the future.

Er.....this thread is funny.

ShoogarBear
11-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Angel, here's your role: a woman in love with a big, ugly brute.

I see Academy Award nomination.

timvp
11-26-2005, 04:42 AM

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/0-manny-sucks.jpg

Vashner
11-26-2005, 06:31 AM
http://www.five.tv/media/image/11737856.jpg

Victor Newman
11-27-2005, 12:22 PM

which movies you been in? I am on my way to Block buster now.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-27-2005, 02:18 PM

he was lying.

angel_luv
11-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Still waiting on my final confirmation call.

I just now got ahold of a real person and I am booked- now I just need details.

So far I know that I have to be in Austin around 1 a.m.

I also know that my scene is going to be in a functioning restuarant, which is the reason for the early shoot. We have to be done before they open.

King- The movie is called Coyote and is being directed by Richard Linklater
( School of Rock and Bad News Bears)

George W. Bush
11-27-2005, 07:56 PM
^Good luck and be careful darlin.

Do not trust ANYONE. And be AWARE of your surroundings.

This could all be wonderful and on the up and up, but you have to be ready, always. :tu

Now go break a leg. :lol

angel_luv
11-27-2005, 08:17 PM
^Good luck and be careful darlin.

Do not trust ANYONE. And be AWARE of your surroundings.

This could all be wonderful and on the up and up, but you have to be ready, always. :tu

Now go break a leg. :lol

Thanks! I leave in a few hours. Whoosh! =)

Pistons < Spurs
11-27-2005, 08:18 PM

I also know that my scene is going to be in a functioning restuarant, which is the reason for the early shoot. We have to be done before they open.

WOW! That sounds great Angel. I hope you have a blast. If nothing else, I'm sure it will be a great learning experience.

Good luck, and have fun!

BTW, I decided to google the movie, and found some info on it. You may have already seen it, but I figured I'd post it just in case.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/11/01/news/food.t.php

spurs=bling
11-27-2005, 08:19 PM

take care angel. and if something don't seem right you know what to do.

angel_luv
11-27-2005, 08:26 PM
WOW! That sounds great Angel. I hope you have a blast. If nothing else, I'm sure it will be a great learning experience.

Good luck, and have fun!

BTW, I decided to google the movie, and found some info on it. You may have already seen it, but I figured I'd post it just in case.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/11/01/news/food.t.php

I hadn't seen this. Thanks so much for posting it.

Haha I wonder what movie I am really in- real title I mean. =)

Silver21_Black20
11-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Good Luck!! :D

Looter
11-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Make sure you are wearing a FSP tee shirt , and thank Kori and LJ when you win the Oscar.

angel_luv
11-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Make sure you are wearing a FSP tee shirt , and thank Kori and LJ when you win the Oscar.

I would wear a Going for Quattro shirt if they were made and in a bright color.

Do they give Oscars for best in background? :lol

Mr. Defense
11-27-2005, 08:44 PM
http://k04.com/pics/29519072389.gif

King
11-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Good luck to you. Richard Linklater is a very nice guy.

I actually think that movie is called 'Fast Food Nation.'

angel_luv
11-27-2005, 09:10 PM

Thank you for all your help! = )

^^^ :lol hey, that's cool your'e in that field. In a couple of months I'll be directing an independent film I'm writing; a comedy. It's always been my dream to make movies.

Save me a part in it! :)

Cant_Be_Faded
11-27-2005, 09:15 PM

send me a pic of your headshots

angel_luv
11-27-2005, 09:18 PM

I don't do shots! :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
11-27-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't do shots! :lol

when u get the professional headshots done
let me know

angel_luv
11-27-2005, 09:25 PM
let me know

I was kidding, although I really don't have any yet.

Is there a reason you want me to send you one?

Deadbeat Dad
11-27-2005, 09:32 PM

How about a full body shot?

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/mouse-on-pc2.jpg

bigzak25
11-27-2005, 09:42 PM
let me know

i have my headshot. and my resume. you got the agent hookup?

holla if ya hear me.

if your just gonna use it to masturbate? nevermind. :lol

bigzak25
11-27-2005, 09:43 PM
How about a full body shot?

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/mouse-on-pc2.jpg

thats just GREAT mouse, NOW i'm hungry again....you asshole...:lmao

Pistons < Spurs
11-27-2005, 09:46 PM

me too.

bigzak25
11-27-2005, 09:49 PM
angel, are you going alone?

don't you have a friend or relative that could go with you?

King
11-27-2005, 09:53 PM

If you're thinking of her safety, she doesn't have anything to worry about. If it's a Linklater movie, it's a professional deal. There will be PAs, loads of extras, and crew. It'll be a legit movie set - and she'll be fine.

They don't really like guests being brought to the sets - and there's a chance that person would be in extras holding for about 10 hours.

angel_luv
11-27-2005, 09:54 PM

No none of my friends love me enough to go on a middle of the night road trip. :lol

SA210
11-28-2005, 12:54 AM

:tu ok Angel, I'm in the middle of finishing up the script. I'll let you know about it and we'll see what's up. Seriously, can u get a headshot?

angel_luv
11-28-2005, 12:59 AM
:tu ok Angel, I'm in the middle of finishing up the script. I'll let you know about it and we'll see what's up. Seriously, do u have a headshot?

I'm sorry. I don't have a headshot. Beth Sepko just asked for a photograph. This is a current one.

http://tinypic.com/hwe1yf.jpg

SA210
11-28-2005, 01:04 AM
Cool^^^thanks. If you have any questions on my film, just PM me. I'd rather not say too much about the script in the forum. Good luck with Austin too. :)

angel_luv
11-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Thanks so much! I am off! Whoosh!

angel_luv
11-28-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm back!

The shoot was fun but I am exhausted. I have a new respect for actors. My role was by no means difficult but the waiting around and repetition alone is draining.

The productions crew was super nice. Everyone was kind and helpful. They provided us with breakfast before and I could have had lunch too afterwards had I waited around for it.

I will post more details about the actual scene later but right now I must sleep. I have been up 25 hours. :sleep :sleep :sleep

JoeChalupa
11-28-2005, 12:31 PM
That is great! Hope all goes well.

Pistons < Spurs
11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm back!

The shoot was fun but I am exhausted. I have a new respect for actors. My role was by no means difficult but the waiting around and repetition alone is draining.

The productions crew was super nice. Everyone was kind and helpful. They provided us with breakfast before and I could have had lunch too afterwards had I waited around for it.

I will post more details about the actual scene later but right now I must sleep. I have been up 25 hours. :sleep :sleep :sleep

Glad you had a good time.

Now get some sleep!

Jimcs50
11-28-2005, 01:01 PM
And remember, if JIM offers you the same type of deal, RUN! RUN FAR AWAY!!!!

I have a deal for her involving a movie career....I will be her co star and all it involves is some mild nudity.

angel_luv
11-28-2005, 05:50 PM
For those of you who wanted details, I jotted down some notes throughout the morning. =)

While we waited to be taken on set, all us extras stayed at the Main Base holding area. It was literally a warehouse that had been semi cleared. Off to the side was a bunch of dishwashers and fridges etc.
One of the actors told me we were only a few blocks away from the location where Office Space was shot.

All the people I met were very devoted to their craft. I met an aspiring director who has actually assited with several movies. The one I remember him mentioning was " Dude where is my car?".

I met a women who is in the running to star in Chruch's chicken's latest nationwide commercial as well as people involved in several smaller projects.

I was one of the few people there who did not have an agent. The upside to that is that, unlikely the majority, all the money I made today is mine.

It took a long time for us to get the set. I don't think I am exagggerating when I say that at least half of my time there was waiting.
The director was trying to tweak a previous scene and that is what delayed us.
After several false alarms we were finally taken over to the set. We drove in big vans- not exactly a stretch limo. Still there was a general excitement about going to the set.

The set was an actual resturant- the name of which slips my mind. It was a hamburger joint.

I had first arrived at the set before being taken to base and was allowed to watch a few minutes of set up. I was amazed about how much time and energy goes in to producing even the smallest scene.

I am still not postitive what the premise and point of the movie is.
The scene I was in is the movie opener. In it a man takes his tray from the counter, walks through the resturant, and joins his family.
Simple enough right? When I was there we did at least twenty takes for that scene alone.

My job as background was to visit with my table companions and eat a hamburger and french fries.
The hamburger was seriously the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten at a resturant. That is unfortunate because I think they fed us food that the existing resturant actually serves. Out of fairness though, I am sure the food was sitting out for quite a while.

There was a funny moment for me in the first take. I bit into the hamburger and it was so gross I wanted to spit it out. But then I remembered I was on camera and had to change my almost grimace to a grin.

For the rest of the shoot I used every creative bone in my body to be in character without eating that nasty hamburger. I was at a tremendous advantage in that because my table had " just" gotten their food.
I focused in on the pre- eating stuff- put my napkin on my lap, poured out and salted my fries, smiled at my friends, sipped my drink. I learned how to time it perfectly so that I was just bringing my hamburger to my mouth as the scene ended.

To keep it realistic, on some takes I took big bites of the hamburger. I think I deserve and Oscad for that alone.

After our main scene, the director focused on shooting specifics sides of the resturant. None of the shots he took will be seen for more than a second. It is all just background- kids running around, people joining friends, or going for refils.

I don't know that I will be able to see myself in the movie although one of the producers assistants told us at the beginning to act it up because we were prominant.

Our table was in the corner but only a row away and kitty corner from the
" hero's" table.

I saw the director, Richard Linklater ( School of Rock and Bad News Bears.) He was short. He was watching our progress on one of the camera screens. Most of the cast instruction came from the Assistant Director.

Our crew coordinator was a tad eccentric but nice.

The costume director was great at taking what people had a creating a nice look. She had me pair my new t-shirt with an older jacket I'd brought and the effect was super cute. I have a brand new outfit now. =)

A lot of the people had collaborated on projects before and used our down time to catch up.
I met a lot of commited actors , all of whom were very helpful. Some talked to me about how to get an agent and what to avoid. Several people said that to be a true actor you need to either be filling a role or taking classes- in other words always working.

There was so much going on that I know I missed some things. I would love to be an extra again.

I was blessed ( several more seasoned people confirmed it) to work with an all around high class staff. I couldn't have asked for a better first time on set.
Besides the fun memories, the biggest thing I left with was a great appreciation for all the preparation and effort it takes to produce the t.v. shows I watch.
I really think everyone should be an extra once in their life. I promise you that you'll view actors differently.

Thanks for all of those who gave me advice and everyone who wished me luck. =)

SpursWoman
11-28-2005, 05:59 PM
So, besides you, who is starring in this movie? ;) :lol

angel_luv
11-28-2005, 06:31 PM
So, besides you, who is starring in this movie? ;) :lol

;) :lol

The article I read names Catalina Sandino Moreno ("Maria Full of Grace") as the star. But I heard a rumor around the cast that Greg Kinnear is in it also.

angel_luv
11-28-2005, 06:39 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460792/

Fast Food Nation (2006)
Directed by
Richard Linklater

Writing credits
Richard Linklater (screenplay)
Eric Schlosser (book)
(more)

Add to MyMovies IMDbPro Professional Details

Genre: Thriller <<<<<< Interesting!

Tagline: Are we what we eat?

Plot Outline: An ensemble piece examining the health risks involved in the fast food industry and its environmental and social consequences as well.

Production Notes/Status:
Comments:
Status Updated: 8 May 2005
Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

Dude! It had better not be my scene! My best in background Oscar is at stake :lol

Credited cast:
Catalina Sandino Moreno
(more)

Language: English
Color: Color

PakiDan
11-28-2005, 06:44 PM

I'm not trying to be an ass... but King you sound like you know everyone in Hollywood on a personal level.... I'd be interested to know what credits you have????

ShoogarBear
11-28-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm not trying to be an ass... but King you sound like you know everyone in Hollywood on a personal level.... I'd be interested to know what credits you have????

http://www.radaronline.com/after-dark/0826_12.jpg

"Come over here and hug my credits!"

Looter
11-28-2005, 08:15 PM

King knows some real Heavy duty big wigs in HollyWood, how you think he got a job as a call screener ? :lmao

bigzak25
11-28-2005, 08:25 PM
True Pimp Niggas don't talk bout it.

So from now on. My career is under wraps.

You'll just have to wait...

but look for a fat bald guy on the sopranos or curb your enthusiam in a few months...thas all i'm sayin...:lol

oh shit...BigPussy is gonna kill me for that one...

and i told LJ that the topless dance bet is still on. :tu

but i'm trying to lose weight...i don't want dio staring at my tits. :lmao

King
11-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Edit...PM instead

JoeChalupa
11-28-2005, 08:35 PM
I sometimes do the weather but I don't like to brag about it.

Looter
11-28-2005, 08:45 PM
If you rent the movie RUDY? there is a part when he is on the football field and if you look into the crowd, and use the pause button at the right time? you can see my friends elbow.

Clandestino
11-28-2005, 08:53 PM
this thread is fucking great!

and mouse and his screen names are hilarious... it is evident that manny and jekka were meant for each with every post they make.. i think they are pms'ing 24/7/365

TheSuckUp
11-28-2005, 08:55 PM
I think Manny and Jekka are the couple of the year!!!

SA210
11-28-2005, 08:57 PM
If you rent the movie RUDY? there is a part when he is on the football field and if you look into the crowd, and use the pause button at the right time? you can see my friends elbow.
"Rudy" is the greatest.

SA210
11-28-2005, 09:00 PM
My 1st time on a film set was when I was a stand-in/photo double for the "Selena" film. Being part of that film crew was one of the greatest times I ever had. It was a dream come true, and I wanted more.

Looter
11-28-2005, 09:02 PM
My ex roommate was in the movie Brave heart, if you look in one of the battle scenes you can see the back of his head real quick. You have to use the slow motion ,

thispego
11-28-2005, 09:17 PM
lol, ehh, how much did YOU have to pay angel?? that is the main question

angel_luv
11-29-2005, 10:08 AM
lol, ehh, how much did YOU have to pay angel?? that is the main question

What do you mean how much did I have to pay? It was an acting job. They hired all of us extras.

ShoogarBear
11-29-2005, 05:30 PM
I dominated my fourth-grade class play. :smokin

tlongII
11-29-2005, 05:53 PM
I was an extra in a movie many years ago. I think it was called The Last Innocent Man or something like that. Ed Harris was the star. I was incredibly good although my acting career fizzled soon afterwards.

angel_luv
12-14-2005, 05:56 PM
I heard today on the radio (96.1) that Avril Lavigne landed herself a role ( not sure how big) in " Fast food Nation."

I went online for more info and found the following:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/awards/afm/feature_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001392708
Fast Food Nation
(HanWay Films)
Richard Linklater's new film is an adaptation of Eric Schlosser's nonfiction tome "Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal," about the American fast-food pandemic. An ensemble piece, it follows a number of different characters and their interlinked story lines, set in and around the town of Cody, Colo. The movie, which was expected to start shooting in late October or early November, stars recent Oscar nominee Catalina Sandino Moreno (2004's "Maria Full of Grace"), along with Greg Kinnear, Ethan Hawke, Kris Kristofferson, Patricia Arquette and Avril Lavigne. Jeremy Thomas produces. "Nation" will be released domestically by Sony.

AND

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1513552/11112005/story.jhtml

There are so many rumors surrounding this movie. I can't wait to see what it ends up being about and who all is in it- besides yours truly! :)

Silver21_Black20
12-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Let us know when you get another part in a movie angel_luv...

Shelly
12-14-2005, 08:07 PM
My sister was an extra in Jumping Jack Flash starring Whoopie Goldberg.

Terrible movie

Shelly
12-14-2005, 08:07 PM
My sister was an extra in Jumping Jack Flash staring Whoopie Goldberg.

Terrible movie

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Mrs. Chopper and I were both movie extras a couple of times in college. It was fun, but you'd have to sit around all day for a handful of takes and then you'd get paid $50 bucks for wasting your entire day. There are movies being shot here in NM all of the time, so anyone who is young that has an interest in that sort of thing that doesn't want to move to LA could find a lot of movie work here.

King
12-14-2005, 08:14 PM
A lot of Richard Linklater's movies have very limited release (Tape, A Waking Life, Live from Shiva's Dance Floor), so there's a chance it may not end up in San Antonio theaters. Not sure when it's due for release, but keep an eye on the SXSW listings and Austin Film Fest listings - because they'll likely show it - seeing as how he's usually involved with them.

His movies are mainly low budget, and aren't going to get a lot of theaters - but it'll almost definitely be in AFF or SXSW - and then perhaps picked up for wider release. You'd be surprised at how many movies go this route. Donnie Darko to name one.

angel_luv
12-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Well so much for my big debut. :lol

I would like to see it in the theater if possible. :) But I really just need the film on DVD so I can freeze frame and look for me. =)

angel_luv
12-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Let us know when you get another part in a movie angel_luv...

If it happens, I sure will! :)

Cant_Be_Faded
12-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Are you wearing a Rasho or Spurs related item

Shelly
12-14-2005, 08:34 PM
If it happens, I sure will! :)

And hopefully you won't end up on the cutting room floor!

King
12-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Well so much for my big debut. :lol

I would like to see it in the theater if possible. :) But I really just need the film on DVD so I can freeze frame and look for me. =)

It'll definitely open somewhere - AFF and SXSW are actually huge deals - and you can buy tickets to see it in Austin. I'm just saying there's a good chance it won't open nationwide.

If you can swing it, buy a movie pass for SXSW - there are a ton of great movies that show there that you'll never hear about otherwise. Plus, Linklater might have a Q&A if his movie shows. A lot of directors do.

Silver21_Black20
12-14-2005, 10:47 PM
It'll definitely open somewhere - AFF and SXSW are actually huge deals - and you can buy tickets to see it in Austin. I'm just saying there's a good chance it won't open nationwide.

If you can swing it, buy a movie pass for SXSW - there are a ton of great movies that show there that you'll never hear about otherwise. Plus, Linklater might have a Q&A if his movie shows. A lot of directors do.

Hey angel_luv...if this happens, I'll go with you to Austin...Road Trip!!! :lol

ZStomp
12-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Can i go?

Silver21_Black20
12-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Can i go?

Um...

NO! :lol

angel_luv
12-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey angel_luv...if this happens, I'll go with you to Austin...Road Trip!!! :lol

We also need to take a road trip to Dallas or Houston the next time the Spurs are there. We'll be off then. =)

angel_luv
12-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Are you wearing a Rasho or Spurs related item

No, I wore this > http://tinypic.com/ims84m.jpg

King- Thanks for the info! It is early yet but how do I go about getting the tickets you mentioned?

Silver21_Black20
12-14-2005, 11:31 PM
We also need to take a road trip to Dallas or Houston the next time the Spurs are there. We'll be off then. =)

All decked out in Spurs gear...Awesome!!!!!!

angel_luv
12-14-2005, 11:42 PM
That's what I am talking about.

And just to be really crazy... let's stay for the WHOLE game! :lol

Silver21_Black20
12-14-2005, 11:47 PM
That's what I am talking about.

And just to be really crazy... let's stay for the WHOLE game! :lol

:lmao...hmmm...I wonder who you're referring to!

angel_luv
12-14-2005, 11:57 PM
...y, Z! Now you know... :lol

Silver21_Black20
12-15-2005, 12:06 AM

King
12-15-2005, 12:09 AM
King- Thanks for the info! It is early yet but how do I go about getting the tickets you mentioned?

Keep an eye on this page: http://2006.sxsw.com/

The passes can be somewhat pricey - but they get you into everything. There is a ton of interactive things there with movies, though. Q&A with actors/directors, parties, etc. It's a whole lot of fun, and you'll meet a ton of people in the business.

And this page: http://www.austinfilmfestival.com/2005/

I think SXSW is in March - and AFF is later in the year. September or October.

If you're interested in finding out about movie work, send an email to [email protected] and ask to be put on the Austin mailing list. He sends out listings of all sorts of movies and such that need actors/crew/whatnot. If you're serious about pursuing acting, you need to get experience, and there are a ton of student films through UT that need actors. He'll have notices about those, and other things also. It just gives you a heads up about what's going on in movies in Austin.

angel_luv
12-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Thanks a lot!

I've sold my soul to the mall for the holidays. Hopefully, I'll have more time come the new year. I would love to be involved with more projects.

Silver21_Black20
12-15-2005, 12:36 AM

FYI...Spurs play in Houston twice, on 3/18 and 4/19.

angel_luv
12-15-2005, 12:43 AM
FYI...Spurs play in Houston twice, on 3/18 and 4/19.

Which one we going to? = )

ZStomp
12-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Angel/S21B20Ladies...ladies...forget ya'll!! :blah :depressed

i've been a spurs fan longer than you all have...PUT TOGETHER....It was boring game......one that i didn't really want to go to..... so i earned that right..:elephant

Silver21_Black20
12-15-2005, 01:01 AM
Which one we going to? = )

Both! :D

Silver21_Black20
12-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Angel/S21B20Ladies...ladies...forget ya'll!! :blah :depressed

i've been a spurs fan longer than you all have...PUT TOGETHER....It was boring game......one that i didn't really want to go to..... so i earned that right..:elephant

Simmer Down! :lol

angel_luv
12-15-2005, 01:07 AM
Both! :D

High Five!

Simmer Down! :lol

:lol Just breathe! ;)

ZStomp
12-15-2005, 01:17 AM
*Exhales*

I lost my mind for a bit there. Can I go to Hou? I've been to the Toyota center...i wanna go! :lol

Silver21_Black20
12-15-2005, 01:19 AM
*Exhales*

I lost my mind for a bit there. Can I go to Hou? I've been to the Toyota center...i wanna go! :lol

Hmmm...ok, you can go but you're driving :)

ZStomp
12-15-2005, 01:23 AM
D'oh!

Silver21_Black20
12-15-2005, 01:25 AM
^:lol

angel_luv
12-15-2005, 01:33 AM
I guess stowing away on the Spurs plane is out of the question. :angel

Silver21_Black20
12-15-2005, 01:38 AM
I guess stowing away on the Spurs plane is out of the question. :angel

If you can figure out a way...I'm down.

angel_luv
12-15-2005, 01:49 AM
:angel

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 01:50 AM
The Victoria Crew will be making a movie very soon. Angel Luv, are you down?

angel_luv
12-15-2005, 01:59 AM
The Victoria Crew will be making a movie very soon. Angel Luv, are you down?

Care to expound on that?

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 02:02 AM
Mookie, pimpo, and I have been trying to make a movie ever since high school. Now that I am done with school, and soon to be back in victoria for a good amount of time, we will begin the production process on our indepenedent film. I have a digital camera, and will soon have access to the proper editing software.

Mookie had alot of good stuff written when we were Seniors in HS. We've been writing shit off and on for the past 5 years.

One of my pipe dreams has always been to get Bruce Bowen to be a major side-character.

RashoFan
12-15-2005, 03:07 AM
No none of my friends love me enough to go on a middle of the night road trip. :lol
I do.... :depressed

angel_luv
12-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Mookie, pimpo, and I have been trying to make a movie ever since high school. Now that I am done with school, and soon to be back in victoria for a good amount of time, we will begin the production process on our indepenedent film. I have a digital camera, and will soon have access to the proper editing software.

Mookie had alot of good stuff written when we were Seniors in HS. We've been writing shit off and on for the past 5 years.

One of my pipe dreams has always been to get Bruce Bowen to be a major side-character.

Write me a good part! = )

I do.... :depressed

Thanks Sis! :D

ShoogarBear
12-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Mookie, pimpo, and I have been trying to make a movie ever since high school.

Slow Times at Victoria High

(Damn, I wish I could Photoshop . . . )

PeterBurns
12-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Avant Models and Casting
210-308-8411
Owner's name is Diane, unless she's sold within the past year.

Contact them, and see what you have to do. Most will have you send in pictures and/or set up a meeting. They won't charge you a cent, though.

There are a ton in Austin, Houston, and Dallas, also - but these should get you started.

But, if there's one thing you take from this post, it's to cut off ties with the Casting America, and don't give them anything.

Stay away from AVANT.
Stacie had issues with them in the past

King
12-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Stay away from AVANT.
Stacie had issues with them in the past

I actually had issues with them, too, regarding payment. I know Condra has the best rep in town. Honestly, for acting, I'd look to Austin agents, anyway.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Slow Times at Victoria High

(Damn, I wish I could Photoshop . . . )

it was never going to be about high school

it's gonna be about slangin, hustlin, pimpin, and tusslin'

ShoogarBear
12-15-2005, 06:00 PM
it was never going to be about high school

it's gonna be about slangin, hustlin, pimpin, and tusslin'

And this is different from high school . . . how?

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2005, 06:11 PM
And this is different from high school . . . how?

It will be slightly more juvenile

Pistons < Spurs
12-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Hey Angel

I came across this on my Yahoo frontpage today:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051219/media_nm/fastfood_dc

Fox Searchlight on 'Fast Food' binge

By Gregg Kilday Sun Dec 18, 7:42 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox Searchlight Pictures has acquired North American distribution rights to "Fast Food Nation."

Directed by
Richard Linklater, the film is a dramatic character study about the fast-food industry based on Eric Schlosser's nonfiction best-seller. A 2006 release is planned.

The ensemble cast includes
Patricia Arquette,
Bobby Cannavale,
Luis Guzman,
Ethan Hawke, Ashley Johnson,
Greg Kinnear,
Kris Kristofferson,
Avril Lavigne,
Esai Morales,
Catalina Sandino Moreno, Lou Taylor Pucci, Ana Claudia Talancon and
Wilmer Valderrama. It was shot in Mexico, Texas and Colorado.

Linklater, who met Schlosser four years ago when the author came through Austin on a book tour, said: "The idea that came out of our meetings was that the movie would not be a documentary but a character study of the lives behind the facts and figures. I'm more interested in fiction than nonfiction. You get to the point through human storytelling."

Linklater's recent credits include "School of Rock" and "Before Sunset," for which he was nominated for an Academy Award for best original screenplay.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

angel_luv
04-14-2006, 01:17 PM
I am seriously considering trying out for this.

Jeanne Jackle
Express News column 4/14 2006

SOAPnet to conduct auditions at Sunset Station for walk-on part.

As a part of the " I Wanna Be a Soap Star Live!" tour auditions will be held May 5th at Sunset Station. Registration starts at 10 am- be punctual- and last until noon. Auditions and other activites include getting a glam makeover and head shot run from noon to 5:30.

Credentials: You have to be 18 and past stage or camera training could not hurt.

You could earn a possible walk on role on an ABC daytime drama. The auditioner who shows the most promise will be flown to Los Angelas to compete with winners from other cities.

Melmart1
04-14-2006, 01:23 PM
You should do it. What's the worst they can do, tell you no? Good Luck!

angel_luv
04-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks. I agree. Besides I think it will be fun. :)

kris
04-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Wow Angel Luv, you have really posted a lot in this thread which shows you really have the dedication to be a full fledged movie star. I didn't think you were serious before, but now that I can see that you are here's what you do:

Get in your car. Get on 281 and take a right at Durango, not East Durango, not West Durango, but Durango. Then slow your roll at Martin Luther King Street and you'll see a bearded chap named "Bullets." He's your man. Reason he's called Bullets is because everyone that has talked to him has their career take off like a speeding bullet. Best rep in town IMHO! He's going to give you the number to Sesame Street and their casting department. When you call be as professional as possible becuase Mr. Monster or Mr. Cleveland might answer and I don't want you to embarrass me. I have ties at this place and I'm really extending the olive branch as far as it goes. Congratulations Angel Luv, you are headed to the big top!!!

angel_luv
04-14-2006, 04:07 PM
I bet there are many bullets near Martin Luther King Drive. :rolleyes :lol

With your help I'll end up six feet under instead of at the big top.

But thanks, Silly.

kris
04-14-2006, 04:08 PM
I thought you had what it takes.

THOUGHT.

angel_luv
04-14-2006, 04:12 PM
My terrible, tragic, inexcusable bad!!!!!

:cry
I thought you were out to kill me but now I understand you just wanted me to make a killing. A thousand apologies oh great one! Say you will help me again Oh mighty mentor! :)

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

kris
04-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Ok I'll give you a tip:

If the talent agency needs to see you without clothes to see all of your talent, they are probably legit.

angel_luv
04-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Ok I'll give you a tip:

If the talent agency needs to see you without clothes to see all of your talent, they are probably legit.

So in other words: Hire a stunt double.

Got it. :lol :angel

Hooters Girl
04-14-2006, 05:09 PM
I know what it takes to get any part, in any movie :smokin

angel_luv
07-13-2006, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X99n9BveKns

The trailer to the movie I was an extra in. :elephant

The early scene with the family in Mickey's diner... that is the scene I was in. I was sitting on the opposite side of the main family- in the corner, almost kitty corner to the door.

I'm not in the preview.

angel_luv
07-13-2006, 07:14 PM
http://www.fastfoodnation-movie.com/

Oh my gosh... the made it an R!
:wow :oops

ShoogarBear
07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
angel's doing softcore?

ObiwanGinobili
07-13-2006, 10:04 PM
I love kris kristofferson!

spurs=bling
07-13-2006, 10:07 PM
n/m it didn't work

angel_luv
07-13-2006, 10:21 PM
I will be a little disappointed if I am not seen at all in the movie.

I was quite the actress making that disgusting excuse of a hamburger appear delicious. :lol

jman3000
07-13-2006, 10:23 PM
^^^ I thought you did a great job...

angel_luv
07-13-2006, 10:25 PM
^^^ I thought you did a great job...

Best acting you never saw, eh?

Thanks. :)

ShoogarBear
07-14-2006, 04:47 AM
I will be a little disappointed if I am not seen at all in the movie.

I was quite the actress making that disgusting excuse of a hamburger appear delicious. :lol
If you're not in the movie, you'll be in the Directors' Special Edition on DVD.

1Parker1
07-14-2006, 07:13 AM
:elephant!! Cool, now I can say I know a famous person...:)

angel_luv
07-14-2006, 01:52 PM
:) Her daughter can eat- my mother will be so proud. :lol

angel_luv
11-18-2006, 02:40 AM
http://www.myspace.com/fastfoodnation

The film finally hit theaters today. I am going to watch it at Huebner Oaks this weekend to see if I am in it. :)

kris
11-18-2006, 02:45 AM
Just remember: Make them go through the bikini and lingerie stages before you go nude.

angel_luv
11-18-2006, 03:01 AM
I don't know that I want to see the whole movie. I think the scene I was in was the first one. Maybe I can just step in to the Fast Food Nation theater for a few minutes before I go see Happy Feet.

kris
11-18-2006, 03:05 AM
Before and After is the Category.

_ _ _ a _
b_ a _
a _ _

(The second word can be spelled two ways depending on which part of the before and after you use it with. - use the animal way.)

These are the letters you need erraubsllgaa.

I have filled in the a's and b.

angel_luv
11-18-2006, 03:15 AM
Sugar
bear
all

?????

kris
11-18-2006, 03:16 AM
Sugar
bear
all

?????
:oink first try

:santahat I owe you a PS3.

angel_luv
11-18-2006, 03:22 AM
:oink first try

:santahat I owe you a PS3.

Unless you plan to teach me how to play the games on it you might as well keep it.
I have never used one before. :oops

ShoogarBear
11-18-2006, 09:42 AM
:huh

angel_luv
11-18-2006, 09:47 AM
:huh

Don't ask me- I just solved the puzzle. Kris is the genius behind it. :lol

kris
11-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Don't ask me- I just solved the puzzle. Kris is the genius behind it. :lol

It's just a before and after with angel luv's favorite poster and what she is about to do to launch her career. :donkey

angel_luv
11-18-2006, 02:55 PM
I went and saw the opening of Fast Food Nation this morning.

As expected, the scene I participated in is the first of the movie.

I am absolutely thrilled with the finish product, especially because I am in it!

It was really exciting to spot myself on the big screen, even if I was only on it for a second or two.

In case any of you go to the film, I am seated in a corner booth on the right hand of the screen- not far from the star family. My table is shown after the baseball kids run through the diner.

I wore a green shirt with a pink jacket. I know that sounds very Marv Albert :lol but the wardrobe crew suggested the combination and it looked really nice. :)

ObiwanGinobili
11-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Woot!
awesome! i will def be pointing you out to everyone when i see this flick! :)