PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Dubs strategy

$pursDynasty
04-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Many have posted that Pop will rest players so as to not give away any strategic adjustments before the potential meeting in the WCF. The more I think about that line of thinking the more it pisses me off. It makes it seem like Pop believes that the Spurs can only beat the Dubs by tricking them, and if he reveals his trick now it won't be effective later. I guess by using it to steal one of the first two games and then just protect the home court. If you legitimately think your team is better, then why hide in the regular season? By this logic the Spurs should lie down every time we face any potential threat in the regular season so as to not tip our hand. I am not saying reveal your strategic playoff adjustments these last two dubs games but don't go hiding either.

IF I were the Dubs if the Spurs were to just lie down these last two games, I wouldn't be all worried that, man the last time we saw them at full strength we lost. I would be thinking that these bitches are so scared they are hiding some secret trick to unveil game one and if they are that mentally weak once we handle that adjustment, we own them. Now if Pop wants to rest players tonight just to rest them...cool, but this "strategic thinking" looks too much like cowardice. There is NO way I would let them easily win on Sunday, 41-0 record aside many Spurs teams have put a lot of sweat equity into building this mansion sized home of Spurs dominance of the Warriors in SA in the Dubs heads, to just give it up without a fight. It might be as important as any defensive adjustments in the WCF's were we both to get there.

z0sa
04-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Pop gave away more than he probably wanted to last game vs the Dubs.

$pursDynasty
04-07-2016, 09:36 AM
if that is the case then don't do the adjustment just have the guys go out and play hard, take :clawoff of Raymond and play them straight up, just with intensity and intelligence. If they do that whose to say we can't win both games?

cutewizard
04-07-2016, 09:38 AM
:bobo

elemento
04-07-2016, 09:40 AM
We saw what's going to happen in the last match

Defensively - Switch everything.

Offensively - post them up with Diaw and play Aldridge inside when they go small. Barnes can't guard Diaw and Aldridge is too big for them. If they play a regular lineup, the Spurs can counter it easily.

Fireball
04-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Spurs barely defeated the Dubs at home with "the adjustment" ... Kerr is no slouch ... he will react accordingly ... then its over in 5-6 games

TampaDude
04-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Strategy?

Tonight:

http://lparchive.org/Battlefield-3/Update%2006/1-qWGDER3.jpg

Sunday:

http://www.infostormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/nuke-bomb.jpg

steeledl
04-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Pop gave away more than he probably wanted to last game vs the Dubs.

I think he felt like he had to for the teams confidence and maybe even his own.