PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hoping for Spurs/Mavs playoff series?

SpursforSix
04-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Not just for an easy Spurs win.

But I would love to see Dirk and Timmy go at it one more time for nostalgic reasons. Teams hated each other for a few years and had some great games/series.
Two of the best players of their generation still on their original teams going at it one last time. Presumably.

steeledl
04-07-2016, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't mind it. Easy travel. There are easier matchups though.

SpursforSix
04-07-2016, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't mind it. Easy travel. There are easier matchups though.

who? not Utah. Houston I guess. But the Mavs are a mess. Dirk not shooting well...Parsons done. Although JJ could make it damn tough on Parker.

gambit1990
04-07-2016, 02:12 PM
i want dallas to play golden state in the first round.

Sean Cagney
04-07-2016, 02:16 PM
We have played that team enough tbh. That team will do what they did two years ago and pull some win out of their ass like the Carter game and you know there is one Vintage Dirk game left too, could go 6 games just because of the intensity of the rivalry to be honest. I would rather them play Utah right now as a warmup to be honest because they have very little playoff experience and they don't have Carlisle.

steeledl
04-07-2016, 02:17 PM
who? not Utah. Houston I guess. But the Mavs are a mess. Dirk not shooting well...Parsons done. Although JJ could make it damn tough on Parker.

grizz for sure. Probably Houston and Portland.

steeledl
04-07-2016, 02:17 PM
i want dallas to play golden state in the first round.

Jazz have played warriors well in every game.

NameLess Scrub
04-07-2016, 02:21 PM
As long as Zaza doesn't break somebody's arm and Carlisle doesn't pull something off to upset the Spurs.. it could work.

SpursforSix
04-07-2016, 02:21 PM
grizz for sure. Probably Houston and Portland.

I was assuming the Grizz and Blazer's wouldn't drop far enough.

Sean Cagney makes a good point though...Mavs seem to always make it tough on the Spurs.

look_at_g_shred
04-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Nope. I really want PDX in the first round. Not really physical for our bigs, and just enough to keep our perimeter defense sharp going forward. It would still be a sweep. Plus, I think it'll give LMA a psychological boost for the rest of the post-season.

Kawhitstorm
04-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Would pay to see Dork embarrass himself on national stage, AGAIN! (Still ain't won a series since LeChoke handed them the championship...worse than Kirby/Lackers:lol)

daslicer
04-07-2016, 03:14 PM
We have played that team enough tbh. That team will do what they did two years ago and pull some win out of their ass like the Carter game and you know there is one Vintage Dirk game left too, could go 6 games just because of the intensity of the rivalry to be honest. I would rather them play Utah right now as a warmup to be honest because they have very little playoff experience and they don't have Carlisle.

Utah would be a pain in the ass. Gobert is the type of defensive big that always gives the spurs problems.

Keepin' it real
04-07-2016, 03:15 PM
I was scared of the Mavs in 2014, and the 7 game series validated my fears.

This year should be a sweep.... or 5 games max.

elemento
04-07-2016, 03:35 PM
There isn't a single team I'm scared of in the 5-8 range. I think SA can beat all of them in 5 at most.

mudyez
04-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Wasn't there something like "Duncan beat every Western Conference team but Houston in a PO series"?

So gimme Houston no matter what!

...easy travel too!

YGWHI
04-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Carlisle's team...he can make a midget -or even a mop- look like a decent NBA player in playoffs. Better Houston, I'd love to see the Spurs eliminate Harden.

tmtcsc
04-07-2016, 04:10 PM
I'm kind of 'Meh' on the first round matchups. I want GS and the Spurs to meet in the WCF.

** i take it back. Any chance to beat James Harden would be welcomed. I can't stand him, Raymond Green or Steph Curry. Perfect scenario:

Houston
OKC
Golden State
Cleveland

That would be wonderful.

Keepin' it real
04-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Why Houston? Yes they are disfunctional, but they have enough talent to push the Spurs. And Harden is so frustrating. No thanks.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-07-2016, 04:16 PM
I think it it's an easy series but JJ Barea had been on a tear and is the heart and soul of the team.

NASpurs
04-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Why Houston? Yes they are disfunctional, but they have enough talent to push the Spurs. And Harden is so frustrating. No thanks.Didn't someone say that Houston was the only Western Conference team that Timmy (or the Spurs in general) hasn't beaten in the playoffs? Bring those fuckers on.

timtonymanu
04-07-2016, 04:20 PM
People continue to overrate Houston even though Spurs raped them twice at home.

NASpurs
04-07-2016, 04:23 PM
People continue to overrate Houston even though Spurs raped them twice at home.I think you said before that Danny and LMA go off on Houston on the regular (which is true). It'll be nice to have those two feeling it going into the second round and beyond.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2016, 04:29 PM
I'd be okay with the Mavericks missing the playoffs. Fuck those guys and their shitty fans.

timtonymanu
04-07-2016, 04:38 PM
I think you said before that Danny and LMA go off on Houston on the regular (which is true). It'll be nice to have those two feeling it going into the second round and beyond.

Houston has good talent on paper for sure, but there's nothing on their team the Spurs haven't figured out. I think Wing Stop can handle Harden. It's a different ballgame when KD and WB aren't on your side to bail you out.

And yeah Danny had two of his best shooting nights from 3 against Houston this season. He's gonna need his rhythm and warming up against Harden's "defense" will be good for him.

Leetonidas
04-07-2016, 05:04 PM
I'd prefer Houston for travel reasons plus they're trash outside of Harden and spurs own Howard. either them or memphis would be the two easier outs imo

Leetonidas
04-07-2016, 05:05 PM
also fuck Zaza we dont need him injuring Kawhi or some shit

Darius McCrary
04-07-2016, 06:18 PM
I'd be okay with the Mavericks missing the playoffs. Fuck those guys and their shitty fans.

LOL

Mr. Body
04-07-2016, 06:20 PM
I want Utah to face Golden State.

I want Houston for the Spurs. Only WC team Duncan hasn't faced and beaten in the playoffs. So let's do it.

Killakobe81
04-07-2016, 06:43 PM

:lol
:toast

CubanMustGo
04-07-2016, 07:03 PM
No.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2016, 07:06 PM
I want Utah to face Golden State.

I want Houston for the Spurs. Only WC team Duncan hasn't faced and beaten in the playoffs. So let's do it.

That would be great. Duncan driving the BKL to yet another greener pasture would be incredibly satisfying.

Timothy21
04-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Memphis... four easy win

Sean Cagney
04-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Utah would be a pain in the ass. Gobert is the type of defensive big that always gives the spurs problems.

Yeah true, that is a fact. Houston would be a PITA too but easier than the other two, then again Harden has some of those games where he just goes insane on the Spurs it seems so even that would not be a sweep IMO. The later seeds can be a PITA I see, Dallas to Houston etc.

Sean Cagney
04-07-2016, 08:12 PM
I was scared of the Mavs in 2014, and the 7 game series validated my fears.

This year should be a sweep.... or 5 games max.

That Dallas team played to make the playoffs and was playing playoff type ball for a month and they were ready, very tough out they were that year.

Carlisle's team...he can make a midget -or even a mop- look like a decent NBA player in playoffs. Better Houston, I'd love to see the Spurs eliminate Harden.
Eliminate Terry one last time too :)

100%duncan
04-07-2016, 09:29 PM
Scared of Zaza

YGWHI
04-08-2016, 12:14 AM
Eliminate Terry one last time too :)

Nice! But those ugly b*tches lost against the Suns tonight, they won't make the playoffs.

Kawhitstorm
04-08-2016, 01:06 AM
People continue to overrate Houston even though Spurs raped them twice at home.

Rockets are the equivalent of the 2013 Lakers:lol (Been saying it since November)

timtonymanu
04-08-2016, 01:10 AM
Rockets are the equivalent of the 2013 Lakers:lol (Been saying it since November)

Couldn't even beat a tanking Phoenix at home but the Spurs are supposed to fear them. :lol

Russo21
04-08-2016, 10:58 AM
I love all Spurs v Mavs series so bring them on. I'd love to send Houston packing also, but games against Harden last around 7 hours with his bullshit flopping, 4th quarters alone go for 5 hours with guys just chilling at the Houston free throw line. Boring stuff.

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Looks more an more like it could be Memphis.

Sean Cagney
04-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Nice! But those ugly b*tches lost against the Suns tonight, they won't make the playoffs.

Even better to see him go out missing the playoffs and the Spurs had a hand in it handing them their asses three times in a row this season :hat
Looks more an more like it could be Memphis.

That would honestly be a good thing at this point because they are so banged up. That is a warm up.

DenialTwist
04-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Hell No. Zaza is a dirty player and he will injure a spur in game 1. And Dallas always presents problems for the Spurs, Carlisle is a great coach. Too bad Houston won't make the playoffs, the spurs would've crushed them.