PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Classes

Old School 44
04-07-2016, 05:40 PM
With the class of Shaq, Yao, AI and going into the Basketball Hall of Fame this year, I wondered what the potential classes of Tim and Manu might look like. I remember when David Robinson went in. Although it was expected, David and everyone else that year was overshadowed by Michael Jordan.

These first ballot Hall of Famers could be part of Tim and Manu's classes depending on when they decide to hang it up.

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwyane Wade
Chris Bosh

Do you think it matters to Tim and Manu who they go into the Hall of Fame with?
Personally, I'd prefer neither of them go into the Hall with KG or Kobe.

I doubt if it happens, but my scenerio, is they retire together next year and go into the HOF together. David introduces Tim, and Tim introduces Manu, and they all go to the podium to introduce Pop.

Did you know that Pop's eligible for the HOF? Here's the rule for eligibility for a coach.

A coach must be either fully retired for four seasons or, if still an active coach, have coached as either a fulltime assistant or head coach on the high school and/or college and/or professional level for a minimum of 25 years. That person will then be considered for Enshrinement in the fifth year of retirement or 26th year of active coaching.

YGWHI
04-07-2016, 05:56 PM
I doubt if it happens, but my scenerio, is they retire together next year and go into the HOF together. David introduces Tim, and Tim introduces Manu, and they all go to the podium to introduce Pop.

As a nice way to keep Kawhi and lure LMA, Pop said he'll continue coaching after Tim retires. Anyway, I have this image in my mind of how Tim/Manu intros should be and looks pretty much like you imagine.

elemento
04-07-2016, 06:00 PM
I don't think it matters.

BTW, Bosh is a great player, but he is not HOF material. I really doubt he makes it.

Old School 44
04-07-2016, 06:07 PM
As a nice way to keep Kawhi and lure LMA, Pop said he'll continue coaching after Tim retires. Anyway, I have this image in my mind of how Tim/Manu intros should be and looks pretty much like you imagine.
:toast I don't think coaches have to be retired to be in the HOF. They just need to be in the profession for 25 years, so Pop can still be there for Kawhi and LMA.

turkish spurs fan
04-07-2016, 06:59 PM
nooo bosh

Obstructed_View
04-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Not sure if you can make 11 all star games and not go to the hall of fame.

daslicer
04-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Not sure if you can make 11 all star games and not go to the hall of fame.

I always have the rule that if a player has made a minimum of 6 ASG appearances then they should get into the hall of fame.

Dro210
04-07-2016, 08:04 PM

That'd be pretty sweet...

DMC
04-07-2016, 08:22 PM
ASG appearances should have no bearing on the HOF. It's why Yao Ming made it in without ever getting out of the 1st fucking round.

lmbebo
04-07-2016, 08:36 PM
ASG appearances should have no bearing on the HOF. It's why Yao Ming made it in without ever getting out of the 1st fucking round.

Yao also was aided by his international career, being from China, etc. If it was just on his NBA accolades, he would not have made it.

DMC
04-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Yao also was aided by his international career, being from China, etc. If it was just on his NBA accolades, he would not have made it.

Bullshit. China never did shit in international ball. Yao made it because Chinese fans are nationalists fuckers to the core, openly racist and ignorant of the game itself but there are billions of the little fuckers.

cjw
04-07-2016, 11:31 PM
Bosh will be HOF. But no way he and Wade in the same class as Duncan or Manu (not retiring in next few years unless Bosh has to for health reasons).

Galileo
04-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Bosh will get in, but not on the first ballot.

Old School 44
04-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Bosh will be HOF. But no way he and Wade in the same class as Duncan or Manu (not retiring in next few years unless Bosh has to for health reasons).
Like you mention, Bosh might retire because of health reasons. DWade is 34, but has had a lot of injury issues. I wouldn't be surprised if retired within the next 2 years.

kaji157
04-08-2016, 09:48 AM

I agree that his career and Tmac“s are not HOF material, yet both will ultimately enter the HOF first because of their many allstar selections, and in Yao“s case because he was so important on the changes of the business model that Stern did to the NBA business program. While some can agree on this or not, it is reaasnable to say tha NBA business model expansion was boosted by the Chinese marker which was there mainly because of Yao Ming.

Russo21
04-08-2016, 10:49 AM
ASG appearances should have no bearing on the HOF. It's why Yao Ming made it in without ever getting out of the 1st fucking round. Yao was (and still is) a huge ambassador for the game and added an extra 1 billion NBA Fans and therefore earned shitloads of extra $$$ for the NBA (which is a business) He definitely deserved HOF. It's not always about on-court achievements, off-court matters a lot with fringe half of famers. Sad to see his career end so early, nice guy and an exceptional talent.

will_spurs
04-08-2016, 11:00 AM

Yao was voted in by the International Committee so it's 100% about him being Chinese and 0% about his NBA play (or ASG appearances).

And he made it out of the 1st round once.

DMC
04-08-2016, 03:37 PM
I agree that his career and Tmac“s are not HOF material, yet both will ultimately enter the HOF first because of their many allstar selections, and in Yao“s case because he was so important on the changes of the business model that Stern did to the NBA business program. While some can agree on this or not, it is reaasnable to say tha NBA business model expansion was boosted by the Chinese marker which was there mainly because of Yao Ming.

"because of money"

That's what I said.

DMC
04-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Yao was (and still is) a huge ambassador for the game and added an extra 1 billion NBA Fans and therefore earned shitloads of extra $$$ for the NBA (which is a business) He definitely deserved HOF. It's not always about on-court achievements, off-court matters a lot with fringe half of famers. Sad to see his career end so early, nice guy and an exceptional talent.

"money"