PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge post ups against Dray and Bogut...

apalisoc_9
04-08-2016, 12:15 AM
Yeah, very inefficient. It's just not his optimal offensive game. Hes been garbage against the warriors in all the games they played. He scored 26 once, but in over 35 posessions. That's atrocious.

100%duncan
04-08-2016, 12:17 AM
I actually think he was fine before injury. Looked like the pace slowed down. He had 2 which rimmed out. Also, there was generally more good coming off it than the "beautiful game :cry" again, pre-inury.

midnightpulp
04-08-2016, 12:17 AM
They have one of the best post-up defenses in the league, which is why I find it more than strange that everyone here is advocating "POST UP!!!"

Like I said in another thread about this topic, the Warriors' weakness is guarding penetration.

apalisoc_9
04-08-2016, 12:19 AM
I actually think he was fine before injury. Looked like the pace slowed down. He had 2 which rimmed out. Also, there was generally more good coming off it than the "beautiful game :cry" again, pre-inury.

Hes been awful in all the games.

I'm just hoping Pop has an Ace card he doesnt want to show because force feeding Aldridge isnt going to cut it.

100%duncan
04-08-2016, 12:21 AM
Hes been awful in all the games.

I'm just hoping Pop has an Ace card he doesnt want to show because force feeding Aldridge isnt going to cut it.

I feel like you have to establish it early, else you have to do something else.

DMC
04-08-2016, 12:22 AM
Aldridge was playing too fast, trying to out-quick the Warriors instead of playing the Spurs way. Pop is experimenting, and Pop is one person who should never go to Vegas because any time he has some cute gamble it bites him right in the ass.

Mnky
04-08-2016, 12:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HSdSUwD.gif

Aldridge will be a jump shooter in the playoffs. Boris and Kawhi will post

04-08-2016, 12:32 AM
Spurs can do whatever they damn well please and be successful. But, whatever they do, they just need to sack up and quit being tentative mental midgets. It's just basketball, they'll still get paid, and their families will still love them...

Kawhitstorm
04-08-2016, 12:32 AM
Yeah, very inefficient. It's just not his optimal offensive game. Hes been garbage against the warriors in all the games they played. He scored 26 once, but in over 35 posessions. That's atrocious.

Bruh, when he scored 26 at AT&T he missed a bunch of FACE UP JUMPERS OUTSIDE THE PAINT otherwise he caved in Draymond's chest in the post.

In the 1st quarter, he had two shot rim out then dislocated his pink & was totally out of rhythm thereafter. He's a rhythm player so he had to get feed early & often since Kawhi can score at will against Barnes.

Kawhitstorm
04-08-2016, 12:33 AM
Spurs can do whatever they damn well please and be successful. But, whatever they do, they just need to sack up and quit being tentative mental midgets. It's just basketball, they'll still get paid, and their families will still love them...

Manu/Patty needs to read this...D-West is just useless.

Tully365
04-08-2016, 12:37 AM
He scored 26 once, but in over 35 posessions. That's atrocious.

It was 25 FGA, not 35: http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400828923

You're always so disingenuous when you argue...
BTW, Kawhi was 5-14 in that game. And the Spurs won.

pgardn
04-08-2016, 12:47 AM
They have one of the best post-up defenses in the league, which is why I find it more than strange that everyone here is advocating "POST UP!!!"

Like I said in another thread about this topic, the Warriors' weakness is guarding penetration.

Aldridge got out worked by Green for whatever reason.

Boris can indeed post up on this team. Of course we need to hit some outside shots, but I firmly believe we can pound them if necessary. Tim was just awful. He is better than this. He will be better, he can't stand to suck... too proud, he will find a way to be useful in limited time against this bunch.

DMC
04-08-2016, 12:48 AM
Tim is too fucking old to "find a way". He hasn't found a way all year. He'd be best to be benched against the Warriors, he's a huge liability out there.

Kawhitstorm
04-08-2016, 12:50 AM
Tim is too fucking old to "find a way". He hasn't found a way all year. He'd be best to be benched against the Warriors, he's a huge liability out there.

Diaw is going to start & Tim can come off the bench to play against Ezeli. D-West should be out of the rotation & just play garbage minutes against Speights.

SpurPadre
04-08-2016, 12:53 AM

But even when we penetrated, the Dubs got a lot of stripped balls out of them. Their perimeter D is where we need to truly exploit them. That's where Danny needs to come in.

apalisoc_9
04-08-2016, 12:58 AM
It was 25 FGA, not 35: http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400828923

You're always so disingenuous when you argue...
BTW, Kawhi was 5-14 in that game. And the Spurs won.

You dont even know the difference between possesion and fga? Go fuck yourself

spursistan
04-08-2016, 01:20 AM

Tully365
04-08-2016, 01:20 AM

Drama queen:lol

Also, you spelled possession wrong, twice.

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2016, 01:49 AM

It's tough to watch this nigga operating down low in this match up, tbh:lol..

apalisoc_9
04-08-2016, 01:52 AM
Drama queen:lol

Also, you spelled possession wrong, twice.
Fuck your speelling clown

It's tough to watch this nigga operating down low in this match up, tbh:lol..

So shitty. Nigga cant back down anyone not named terrence jones or Juluis Randle...

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2016, 01:53 AM

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2016, 01:54 AM

So shitty. Nigga cant back down anyone not named terrence jones or Juluis Randle...

Hopefully the Spurs get Dallas in round 1, they're in the bottom 5 at defending PFs, this season:lol

Tully365
04-08-2016, 02:15 AM

:lol so mad

PopTheGOAT
04-08-2016, 02:20 AM

Yep, while I think Aldridge can have success posting Raymond, (if Bogut's on him, we have better options offensively) getting to the rim is key. If Spurs beat the Dubs in the POs it's because Kawhi had a great series. If he is aggressive and goes to the rim, no one on the Dubs is stopping him. I like his mid range game, but he needs to make them fear the drive first.

SayTown
04-08-2016, 02:46 AM
I wonder how effective it would be if Spurs ran a play from the past where the big men would set a screen for each other and run pick and roll like when Duncan would get the ball at the high post and Robinson would come set a screen for him. It seems like when LMA gets the ball Bogut and especially Green are completely up in his space and could get screened easily.

cd021
04-08-2016, 03:44 AM

Green is the best post defender in the league. I think Bogut is in the top five. Duncan has always struggled to post Bogut up. He is strong and hard to back down. He also has a 7'7 wingspan.

Posting up may really only be an effective option for Leonard, Diaw, and Anderson.

Chinook
04-08-2016, 05:56 AM
I just think LMA and the other post players have to be prepared for GS slapping down. That's normally bad defense, but the Warriors get away with some fouls while also just having guys with quick hands. If they go up expecting to be hit, it'll be much more obvious to the refs that a foul occurred (there'd be a meat-slapping sound while there wouldn't be a scramble for the ball), not to mention that it would give them a chance at and-one plays if they could actually finish through contact.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-08-2016, 07:08 AM
Please, LMA was even trying his hardest. This is Pop fuckin' w/ the Warriors and giving them a false sense of security. Warriors played their hardest while the Spurs were just going through the motions last night. LMA has owned Green in all his meetings prior to this season. Pop is just wanting film on the Warriors defensive sets as he knew Kerr would adjust since the last time they played them.

I knew the Spurs were going to lose this game as they werent going to put maximum effort to try and win. I take nothing from this game other than the fact Pop just wanted some more film for the playoffs.

Splits
04-08-2016, 07:23 AM

Please do show your math of "over 35 possessions"

25fga + 2 FT possessions (if those weren't and-1s) + 2 turnovers -1 steal? That's 28, not "over 35". He had an inefficient game, but who calculates or discusses production that way? Do we get to count the 13 rebounds against that number? So it is 26pts on 15 possessions? Or are you talking about post-touches? If so, use the right term and you're the one who should go fuck yourself for expecting people to understand whatever the fuck you're talking about.

mando6599
04-08-2016, 08:59 AM
I didn't see the game, but was LMA hurt or get hurt in the game? How and what injury?

kaji157
04-08-2016, 09:02 AM

Well, sorry to wake you, but pounding inside is the only way the Spurs have a chance to beat these guys, we anre not going to beat them with Parker and Ginobili at this point in their careers.

daslicer
04-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Can't gauge LMA's performance off of this game since his hand was messed up and it clearly effected his shooting and rhythm. LMA stated after the game his hand bothered him.

NameLess Scrub
04-08-2016, 09:14 AM
I didn't see the game, but was LMA hurt or get hurt in the game? How and what injury?

He got his pinky dislocated when Bogut blocked his shot against the board.
LaMarcus said he felt his finger off before the game or something like that.. weird.

Not meaning to blame him, but I don't know he attempted a reverse layup under the basket.
He played into Bogut's block, and he seemed to have space to take the shot over the defender.

NameLess Scrub
04-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Please, LMA was even trying his hardest. This is Pop fuckin' w/ the Warriors and giving them a false sense of security. Warriors played their hardest while the Spurs were just going through the motions last night. LMA has owned Green in all his meetings prior to this season. Pop is just wanting film on the Warriors defensive sets as he knew Kerr would adjust since the last time they played them.

I knew the Spurs were going to lose this game as they werent going to put maximum effort to try and win. I take nothing from this game other than the fact Pop just wanted some more film for the playoffs.

Honest question.

If Pop is able to do that, given Kerr is an old, experienced man coaching a championship team, who played with Pop and elite coaches and players for years, wouldn't that make Kerr look a bit stupid that he can be tricked like that?

Horse
04-08-2016, 09:37 AM
I recall a highlight film before the season started of aldridge destroying the Warriors. They also dislocated his finger no foul call. And those fuckers get away with swiping down like they're karl Malone

boutons_deux
04-08-2016, 10:36 AM
GSW were sagging quite a bit on his post ups, while the left-open Spurs shot horribly for 3 qtrs.

Splits
04-08-2016, 01:04 PM

Please do show your math of "over 35 possessions"

25fga + 2 FT possessions (if those weren't and-1s) + 2 turnovers -1 steal? That's 28, not "over 35". He had an inefficient game, but who calculates or discusses production that way? Do we get to count the 13 rebounds against that number? So it is 26pts on 15 possessions? Or are you talking about post-touches? If so, use the right term and you're the one who should go fuck yourself for expecting people to understand whatever the fuck you're talking about.

Answer the question or go fuck yourself.

sasaint
04-08-2016, 01:09 PM
He got his pinky dislocated when Bogut blocked his shot against the board.
LaMarcus said he felt his finger off before the game or something like that.. weird.

Not meaning to blame him, but I don't know he attempted a reverse layup under the basket.
He played into Bogut's block, and he seemed to have space to take the shot over the defender.

I thought that at the time. Just go up and dunk on the front side of the basket!

apalisoc_9
05-22-2017, 10:58 PM
"4" down :lmao

spursistan
05-22-2017, 11:03 PM
"4" down :lmao
:lmaoo

RD2191
05-22-2017, 11:06 PM

Where the fuck is that film? TBH