PDA

View Full Version : warriors fans not impressed with kawhi

JohnnyMax
04-08-2016, 07:04 AM
I'm 99% sure if Kawhi was ours we would complain about him being too passive on offense when it counts most.

Flame me - but he's just not an all-time, mega-star guy. Still the best two way player, who's improved on offense ... but that's it.

Steph, Jordan, Bird, Lebron, Magic (in his own way) ect ... will(ed) their teams to wins in the 4th ... All the time. They take the game over.

My point is - for all the love I see him get on this board, I wonder what we'd be saying if he dissapeared when the game was on the line as a Warrior.

It's not a lack of passion, it's a lack of skill
He's just not a real #1 option on offense. He's not a guy who can take over a game offensively.

Doesn't mean he's not a great player though

A little like criticizing Steph for not locking people down

Spurs Talk has a thread titled Barnes>Kawhi lol

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/4137358.phtml

hater
04-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Truth bombs from retarded fans imo

Splits
04-08-2016, 07:07 AM
My point is - for all the love I see him get on this board

DarrinS
04-08-2016, 07:25 AM
Truth bombs from retarded fans imo

^Our retarded fans agree with their retarded fans

TheDoctor
04-08-2016, 07:34 AM
I don't know what this fuckers are talking about. It's extremely difficult to be "active" when you're double and triple teamed every-time you touch the ball. Because no other Spur was shooting well (including LMA being injured), the lanes were hella closed. But every-time Kawhi went to the line he raped those niggas. I guess they think Klay is better because Klay can go off once in a while for 40+ points against scrubs? All in all, Kawhi played his game. He managed 23 points (8/12 FG, 2/3 3Pt) and was basically the only one who offensively succeeded against the Worriers' defense.

Harry Callahan
04-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Leonard got the hell beaten out of him with few whistles. This has been an ongoing theme for months now and Kawhi is sick of it. Opponents try to stick their knees into him as he drives all the time or bump him and he is strong enough to play through it.

Rainbow Warrior fans thought the NBA was invented in 2010 or 2011. Their opinions are meaningless.

I'm not impressed with 15-20 offensive fouls/moving screens every game by Bogut and Green.

GSW has had to endure ONE extended run in the playoffs facing injured teams for the most part (*).

Harry Callahan
04-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Leonard got the hell beaten out of him with few whistles. This has been an ongoing theme for months now and Kawhi is sick of it. Opponents try to stick their knees into him as he drives all the time or bump him and he is strong enough to play through it.

Rainbow Warrior fans thought the NBA was invented in 2010 or 2011. Their opinions are meaningless.

I'm not impressed with 15-20 offensive fouls/moving screens every game by Bogut and Green.

GSW has had to endure ONE extended run in the playoffs facing injured teams for the most part (*).

LongtimeSpursFan
04-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Some of us fans who are objective have made the same comments. Most Spurs fans overrate Kawhi because he's a good guy and a feel good story. In reality Kawhi is a great defensive player with some offensive skill but doesn't have the ability to take over games or make anyone better.

random21
04-08-2016, 08:00 AM

Great points, they had a cupcake walk to the title last year... One play that made me turn off the tv was when that retard draymond set an obvious moving screen on Kawhi to get a layup. Kawhi being an obvious top 5 player in the league and gets no calls like he's Jonathan simmons

DarrinS
04-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Some of us fans who are objective have made the same comments. Most Spurs fans overrate Kawhi because he's a good guy and a feel good story. In reality Kawhi is a great defensive player with some offensive skill but doesn't have the ability to take over games or make anyone better.

Lol

Keepin' it real
04-08-2016, 08:32 AM
He must take more than 12 shots in a game of this magnitude.

RD2191
04-08-2016, 08:34 AM
The fuck do dubs fans know about basketball? They sucked for how many years?

SPURt
04-08-2016, 08:50 AM
If last night was the only game they've seen Kawhi those uninformed opinions are possible. When Pop has Tony bring up the ball and puts Kawhi in the corner possession after possession what is Kawhi supposed to do? Take a rebound and chuck a three immediately after crossing half court?

Comparing Kawhi to Steph isn't fair shot attempt wise because Curry has way more control over the amount of shots he takes. If Curry had only taken 9 shots or so going into the 4th Kerr would be bitching at his team. Pop on the other hand didn't do that last night.

The biggest problem are the no calls on Kawhi. It's getting ridiculous. Kawhi only scored 4 points less than Curry and that includes uncharacteristically missing 3 freebies. I'm totally fine with Warrior nation under estimating Kawhi.

sananspursfan21
04-08-2016, 09:03 AM
Huh. I've watched him take over a few games...

daslicer
04-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Not shocked since Laker fans have never been impressed with spur players. Hell they thought prime Tim was overrated when he won his MVP awards.

EIC
04-08-2016, 09:11 AM
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5048e660e4b0bd178ab35a57/50f1c974e4b07e77c465685a/5636a00be4b088f9f336258e/1446465972741/?format=1000w

Horse
04-08-2016, 09:29 AM
http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/4137358.phtml
Meanwhile Iggy and David lee won the finals for you

NameLess Scrub
04-08-2016, 09:38 AM

It is evident he has been getting fed up by looking at this body language.

I hope he doesn't get too frustrated (and mostly nobody injures him), specially if the pattern of Warriors getting away with that holds in the playoffs.

He might need to be ready to play through that.

Russ
04-08-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm 99% sure if Kawhi was ours we would complain about him being too passive on offense when it counts most.

Flame me - but he's just not an all-time, mega-star guy. Still the best two way player, who's improved on offense ... but that's it.

Steph, Jordan, Bird, Lebron, Magic (in his own way) ect ... will(ed) their teams to wins in the 4th ... All the time. They take the game over.

My point is - for all the love I see him get on this board, I wonder what we'd be saying if he dissapeared when the game was on the line as a Warrior.

Kawhi is a product of the Spurs coaching staff and system.

You can't "create" the killer instinct of a Michael Jordan that way -- that's the one thing the Spurs' system can't do.

A player either has that (or doesn't) way before he reaches the NBA.

RD2191
04-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Kawhi is a product of the Spurs coaching staff and system.

You can't "create" the killer instinct of a Michael Jordan that way -- that's the one thing the Spurs' system can't do.

A player either has that (or doesn't) way before he reaches the NBA.
Lol. No.

Rob123
04-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Lol. No.

Lol. Yes.

loveforthegame
04-08-2016, 11:47 AM
They must have been really impressed with the rest of the team.

hater
04-08-2016, 11:51 AM
^Our retarded fans agree with their retarded fans

Oh you do? Ok thanks for sharing retard :lol

RD2191
04-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Lol. Yes.
Umm no. Fucking faggot. What makes Kawhi a system player? Explain, pussy.

RD2191
04-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Oh you do? Ok thanks for sharing retard :lol

How bout them Grizz?

DarrinS
04-08-2016, 12:10 PM
"He's not a guy who can take over a game offensively."

Lol, short-term memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStaqzqPKUI

Spurs9
04-08-2016, 12:11 PM
:cry

GSH
04-08-2016, 12:17 PM
The Warriors were the anal sphincter of the league for almost the whole history of the franchise. Now they've had a few good seasons, and they're all pretty sure that Jordan guy, whoever he was, would be a distant third all-time, behind Curry and Thompson.

Struggling to figure out why any Spurs fan would give a rat fart about what they think.