View Full Version : How to beat the Golden State Warriors

DarrinS
04-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Starts at 1:30

First ingredient: Have a monster game from your point guard. :depressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXWE9TlYxHU

BatManu20
04-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Step 1: Injure Steph Curry and/or Klay Thompson.

hater
04-08-2016, 12:11 PM

Cosign tbh. Spurs are very mismatched in this matchup. Sucks

I would also like an injury to Bugut. Him alone owns our entire bugman roster

DarrinS
04-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Cosign tbh. Spurs are very mismatched in this matchup. Sucks

I would also like an injury to Bugut. Him alone owns our entire bugman roster

Where is our biggest mismatch?

hater
04-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Where is our biggest mismatch?

U serious?

Bogut completely owns our bugs

Lamarcus can't even dominate Barnes in the post. They are defensively quicker than him

Duncan is a walking talking mismatch

Klompson is bigger than any our guards

Eliancito runs circles around both our PGs and Green and Kawhi

Should I keep going?

DarrinS
04-08-2016, 12:19 PM
U serious?

Bogut completely owns our bugs

Lamarcus can't even dominate Barnes in the post. They are defensively quicker than him

Duncan is a walking talking mismatch

Klompson is bigger than any our guards

Eliancito runs circles around both our PGs and Green and Kawhi

Should I keep going?

You eventually got it right. :lol

hater
04-08-2016, 12:20 PM
You eventually got it right. :lol

Sad thing is Eliancito is not even our top 3 mismatches :lol

Top is our bugs vs bogut tbh. We have no prayer if we can't overcome that one

Next is Lamarcus inability to score

Third one is Duncan looking like 42 year old Robert Chief Parish

DarrinS
04-08-2016, 12:23 PM

Top is our bugs vs bogut tbh. We have no prayer if we can't overcome that one

Next is Lamarcus inability to score

Third one is Duncan looking like 42 year old Robert Chief Parish

:lol

Blake
04-08-2016, 12:27 PM
fO9gVkdy3aE

NameLess Scrub
04-08-2016, 12:28 PM
How to beat the Warriors:

1. Be able to make bad shots
2. Be able to get away with fouls
3. Have a league MVP playing for cheap
4. Draft weird, mismatch causing talent for about 3-4 years straight
5. Turn crappy shooters into competent ones
6. Hire Mark Jackson, then fire him

hater
04-08-2016, 12:28 PM
:lol

It is

baseline bum
04-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Score more points then they do. :pop:

Kawhitstorm
04-08-2016, 12:58 PM
First ingredient: Have a monster game from your point guard. :depressed

Bucks, Spurs, Nuggets, Wolves & Pistons beat them with just an average game from their PGs.

Meanwhile, the Raptors, Cripples, OKC & Wiz LOST despite their point guard going nuclear.

The KEY has has been attacking Draymond w/ Monroe, LMA, Drummond, Towns....Randle.:lol Otherwise, teams need a bunch of TWO-WAY perimeter players like the Celtics who could wear out Curry/Klay on BOTH ends.

The Jazz gave them a couple of tough games despite starting a 3rd string PG b/c Favors owns Draymond.:wakeup

Beaverfuzz
04-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Bucks, Spurs, Nuggets, Wolves & Pistons beat them with just an average game from their PGs.

Meanwhile, the Raptors, Cripples, OKC & Wiz LOST despite their point guard going nuclear.

The KEY has has been attacking Draymond w/ Monroe, LMA, Drummond, Towns....Randle.:lol Otherwise, teams need a bunch of TWO-WAY perimeter players like the Celtics who could wear out Curry/Klay on BOTH ends.

The Jazz gave them a couple of tough games despite starting a 3rd string PG b/c Favors owns Draymond.:wakeup

Yes, it's all about Draymond. Spurs didn't keep going at him after he came back in, in the second. And make Curry play some real defense, run him around!

Texas_Ranger
04-08-2016, 01:07 PM

Cry Havoc
04-08-2016, 01:36 PM

If we held Curry to 20 ppg we would win that series in 5.

He is absolutely our biggest mismatch. He's the biggest mismatch in the league. He warps defenses even more than LeBron does because you have to respect his range to ~35 feet.

hater
04-08-2016, 01:39 PM
If we held Curry to 20 ppg we would win that series in 5.

He is absolutely our biggest mismatch. He's the biggest mismatch in the league. He warps defenses even more than LeBron does because you have to respect his range to ~35 feet.

If we stop Bogut from playing like prime Tyson Chandler IMO we can win even easier.

That's our biggest problem. We are basically playing vs a prime Tyson Chandler in the paint. It's suicide.

Now tell me.which one is more a realistic option. Bring Bogut back to earth or stop Elian??

spurraider21
04-08-2016, 01:42 PM
imo we need some nasty

AFMadison
04-08-2016, 01:52 PM
imo we need some nasty

SpursforSix
04-08-2016, 02:01 PM
imo we need some nasty

I agree. They just don't have that guy. Maybe need to put Simmons in there in spurts and tell him to be physical. But would be better to have a big with that reputation and attitude.
I'm not sure Pop would allow it anyway. But they needed it last year vs. Paul and they need it this year vs. GSW.

They play an incredibly soft game tbh.

Cry Havoc
04-08-2016, 02:05 PM
If we stop Bogut from playing like prime Tyson Chandler IMO we can win even easier.

That's our biggest problem. We are basically playing vs a prime Tyson Chandler in the paint. It's suicide.

Now tell me.which one is more a realistic option. Bring Bogut back to earth or stop Elian??

I wasn't commenting on what was more realistic, just on what was giving us bigger problems.

I don't think Bogut will be as much of a problem in the playoffs.

DarrinS
04-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Lay off the crack. The only thing he did all that well was rebound.

TDomination
04-08-2016, 02:17 PM

I wonder how Boban would do against Bogut? He would at least have size and be able to shoot over him. But he would be terrible if he needed to switch off of a pick and roll which would most likely happen.

sammy
04-08-2016, 02:27 PM
We need to play physical on Curry & Thompson!
Stop with the switching and stay on your man! This is how they got open 3's with our players switching off to double team!
Injure that bastard Bogut and big mouth Green! That bitch Green should have been thrown out after his 1st T and continued to bitch at the refs and should've gotten his second T!
Pop needs to get on these refs to call the fucking moving screens and BS hand slaps on our players, especially for Kawhi who is not getting any respect and they give calls for GS scrubs!

hater
04-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Lay off the crack. The only thing he did all that well was rebound.

Watch the game next time.

He was swatting shots, altering shots, doing alley hoops and bullying every spur out there.

Watch the game next time

hater
04-08-2016, 02:28 PM
I wonder how Boban would do against Bogut? He would at least have size and be able to shoot over him. But he would be terrible if he needed to switch off of a pick and roll which would most likely happen.

We definitely need to try him. At the very least, Boban has the physicality to annoy ppl. At least annoy the mofo. Bogut is as comfortable playing the spurs as an old sock :lol

sammy
04-08-2016, 02:29 PM
I wish we had Butler! He could've helped against Green & Bogut but alas we got Bonner (sigh):bang

tmtcsc
04-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Bogut?

https://media.giphy.com/media/10687lEgzWJ1BK/giphy.gif

hater
04-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Bogut?

https://media.giphy.com/media/10687lEgzWJ1BK/giphy.gif

He was prime Tyson Chandler last night.

Watch the game next time

SpursforSix
04-08-2016, 02:49 PM

Watch the game next time

21 minutes, 3-3 shooting, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks
not to mention his overall defense

pretty efficient game

hater
04-08-2016, 03:00 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say we have no shot if we gonna make Bogut look like Dikembe Mutombo

DarrinS
04-08-2016, 03:00 PM

Watch the game next time

He was pretty efficient, but lol "prime Tyson Chandler"

RD2191
04-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Tbh we just don't have enough offense to beat the dubs in a 7 game series. Unless everyone has a monster defensive series and we can slow the game down we simply aren't beating the dubs. Shut Curry and Klay down and Green, Barnes and Iggy go off. Tbh instead of trying to shut their big 2 down we should focus on their role players.

DarrinS
04-08-2016, 03:01 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say we have no shot if we gonna make Bogut look like Dikembe Mutombo

Same number of blocks as Danny Green

hater
04-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Insert boban vs bogut. Miller vs Elian. Play less manure and jim. More Kmart. sadly its come down to this.

DMC
04-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Bogart isn't an issue. The problem is Curry drawing a double team on the break leaving basically everyone else open to waltz down the middle while Tim is back putting his legs together and Tony is looking a Pop for some radio controlled commands.

LakerHater
04-08-2016, 11:40 PM
Put in Andre Miller to bang around Curry

ElNono
04-09-2016, 10:54 AM
The biggest problem with that team is that they're really good. As a team.

There's no "let Curry have his and stop everyone else" with them. They move and execute very, very well. They're not as unselfish as our 2014 Spurs, but they bought in that you gotta move the ball and work on screens, execution on every possession in order to win. They're motivated (which can be rare for a defending champ) because they know they're a special group.

Canyonero
04-09-2016, 11:34 AM
If you want to win a game, you have to score more points than your opponent

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/108209071/john_madden.jpg