PDA

View Full Version : Memphis is dropping down to dat 7th seed..

spursistan
04-08-2016, 10:42 PM
"just avoid them at all costs" :lol

TDomination
04-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Man I hope so!!

spursistan
04-08-2016, 10:43 PM
Spurs going to gift the Mavs the last W and their fate is sealed...Grizz will lose both vs GSW..

siraulo23
04-08-2016, 10:59 PM
But... Matt Barnes

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2016, 11:04 PM
The worst 5-8 seeds in the West in a looooooooong time:lol

apalisoc_9
04-08-2016, 11:13 PM
What Matters is that Blake Griffin is back and LA is 4th. Where do I fucking buy Clippers Jersey?

Kawhitstorm
04-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Grizz are going to lose both games to the Worriers bringing their loss total to 39 but the Clippers play both the Mavs/Grizz @ home & Barea just go injured so I'm not sure either one would even be able to beat the Cripples backups at STAPLES. (Most likely the Cripples starters will play since both are at home game, on national TV & not on a B2B)

The Cripples have bad blood w/ BOTH teams (esp. DeAndre) & Lance/Barnes talked a lot of smack when the Grizz RECENTLY beat the Cripples in Memphis led by Ray McCallum.:lol

So, if the Grizz lose all 3 they would have 40 losses & the Mavs have the tie breaker. Meanwhile, the Mavs have to play @Utah on a B2B then finish the season against the Spurs. If the Mavs lose to the Cripples/Jazz they would have 40 losses & if the Jazz win-out (@Den/Mavs/@LAL: Kobe's final game:lol) they would have 40 losses but the Grizz have the tie breaker.

It's looking like Grizz will be the 7th seed, Mavs 6th & Jazz 8th, unless Boban & 'em can win in Dallas. If the Jazz don't win out then the Rockets might sneak in but they will probably lose @ Minny to seal their fate.:lol

dbreiden83080
04-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Great always love kicking their ass.

KimmyGib
04-09-2016, 12:16 AM
Crazy to think that this season's 7th seed bound team along with 2 non-playoff bound teams were the Warrior's road to the finals one year ago. Not to mention a depleted Cavs teams for a championship.

GSH
04-09-2016, 12:21 AM
I've been saying for a while that I think the Spurs will have Memphis in the first round. If the season was just a bit longer, Memphis would have slid all the way out of the playoffs, IMO.

I think the only thing that will change is that Memphis and Dallas will switch places. Portland stays 5, Dallas 6, Memphis 7, and Utah 8. Memphis is the easiest matchup of the first round, by far. Portland could fluke out an upset of the Clippers, I guess, but I don't really see it happening. That says Spurs meet OKC in the second round, and GSW meets the Clippers.

The Finals this year will be a formality. It all comes down to whether the Spurs can beat GSW in their house.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-09-2016, 12:23 AM
I've been saying for a while that I think the Spurs will have Memphis in the first round. If the season was just a bit longer, Memphis would have slid all the way out of the playoffs, IMO.

I think the only thing that will change is that Memphis and Dallas will switch places. Portland stays 5, Dallas 6, Memphis 7, and Utah 8. Memphis is the easiest matchup of the first round, by far. Portland could fluke out an upset of the Clippers, I guess, but I don't really see it happening. That says Spurs meet OKC in the second round, and GSW meets the Clippers.

The Finals this year will be a formality. It all comes down to whether the Spurs can beat GSW in their house.

Dont completely count out the Clippers, they have just as good a shot as OKC does of getting by us. If Clippers could steal one of the first two games at Oracle that could be a long series.

SupremeGuy
04-09-2016, 12:25 AM
Anyone but the grizz :cry

:lol

Kawhitstorm
04-09-2016, 12:39 AM
Memphis is the easiest matchup of the first round, by far.

Last time the Spurs won 60+ games & faced the Grizz, it didn't end up well.:depressed

On a serious note, Kawhi/Danny will be able to save their legs for OKC/GSW while Timmay can play like it's 2013 without worrying about switching. Porker will probably get outplayed by Farmar.:lol

Portland could fluke out an upset of the Clippers, I guess, but I don't really see it happening.

The Blazers are actually a PERFECT warm-up series for the Clippers b/c the of Lillard/CJ backcourt. Blake doesn't have to guard anyone since the Blazers have no legit PFs so he should be able to ease into things.

That says Spurs meet OKC in the second round, and GSW meets the Clippers.

I've been BEGGING for that since November & it is now bound to happen.:toast

As long as there is not a 2011 Manu type injury then it seems like it.

GSH
04-09-2016, 12:49 AM
Dont completely count out the Clippers, they have just as good a shot as OKC does of getting by us. If Clippers could steal one of the first two games at Oracle that could be a long series.

I don't see any first round surprises. OKC will be a tough second-round matchup, because of their bigs. But in the fourth quarter, they turn into the Durant-Westbrook Show. I don't think they will overcome the HCA, but if they did it would be offensive boards that kill the Spurs.

I don't think Portland can get past the Clips. So if LA can make a long series against GSW, God bless'em.

The way things are shaping up, I think Memphis will give the Spurs maximum rest time after the first round sweep. That's a good place to start.

Last time the Spurs won 60+ games & faced the Grizz, it didn't end up well.:depressed

Yeah, I still have some mental scars from that one. This Memphis team is in complete disarray. If there's one matchup I wouldn't worry about, it's them.

DMC
04-09-2016, 12:51 AM
What Matters is that Blake Griffin is back and LA is 4th. Where do I fucking buy Clippers Jersey?
Check your other acct tbh

TheGreatYacht
04-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Check your other acct tbh
:lmao

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-09-2016, 07:38 AM
Jazz have an easy schedule and if they win out and Grizzlies lose then Jazz have the tie breaker.

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Memphis would be the dream series. 4 easy games. That team is lucky there is not a few more games left in the season or they would fall to 9th...

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Jazz have an easy schedule and if they win out and Grizzlies lose then Jazz have the tie breaker.

Houston has the easier schedule but they are so unpredictable....Its GSW vs ANYONE (doesnt matter), Spurs vs Memphis, OKC vs Mavs and Clips vs Blazers, those 3v6 and 4v5 rounds could produce one upset...

cutewizard
04-09-2016, 07:58 AM
im hoping for a miracle:

that the Clippers somehow eliminate the Warriors, and we get the revenge series against LA in the Western finals\

probably not happening, but hey, one curry injury and its all over for gs

Kikoluna
04-09-2016, 08:05 AM
I'm shocked some of you underestimate zbo, the guy is a beast and can beat gs AT Memphis

look_at_g_shred
04-09-2016, 12:33 PM
The reason I don't want to play Memphis is because I think it won't be good for the team going into the 2nd round in cruise control.

apalisoc_9
04-09-2016, 12:35 PM
The reason I don't want to play Memphis is because I think it won't be good for the team going into the 2nd round in cruise control.

Seriously, the most important thing is LA vs GSW and we are getting that. Go clippers!

siraulo23
04-09-2016, 09:38 PM
im legit worried about aldridge because memphis and worried about kawhi because -> barnes

pgardn
04-09-2016, 09:40 PM

This would also work out.

Then we punish the clips for last year's debacle.
Keep posting legit stuff, stay away from the other crap.

pgardn
04-09-2016, 09:41 PM
im legit worried about aldridge because memphis and worried about kawhi because -> barnes

You can find hater in the girls room.

hater
04-09-2016, 09:43 PM
But... Matt Barnes

Told u so :lmao

hater
04-09-2016, 09:43 PM

Smart brotha right here

UNT Eagles 2016
04-09-2016, 09:51 PM
im hoping for a miracle:

that the Clippers somehow eliminate the Warriors, and we get the revenge series against LA in the Western finals\

probably not happening, but hey, one curry injury and its all over for gs
One injury to any of 6-7 guys and it's all over for us, too.

Hoops Czar
04-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Shades of 2011. Nothing to see here.

pgardn
04-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Shades of 2011. Nothing to see here.

We don't have the paranoia that involves the shit town, Cleveland.
Go home to your Browns and Ernest Byner.

Kawhitstorm
04-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Its GSW vs ANYONE (doesnt matter), Spurs vs Memphis, OKC vs Mavs and Clips vs Blazers, those 3v6 and 4v5 rounds could produce one upset...

The Jazz have given the Worriers trouble b/c they have FOUR athletic/mobile bigs (Favors/Gobert/Lyles/Booker) who can switch onto Curry or guard Draymond in transition.

siraulo23
04-09-2016, 10:42 PM
Seriously tho, Barnes going ham vs the Warriors :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
04-09-2016, 11:41 PM
Dallas just has to win ONE of their next 3 games to likely clinch the 6th spot, as they hold all tiebreakers over Memphis, but it's not going to be easy... all 3 Dallas games are very hard, unless the Spurs punt #82

Ditty
04-10-2016, 12:30 AM
Glad Minnesota won! Still a small chance the Blazers get the sixth seed. I wonder if the Clipps try to tank the game against the Grizz and have them win to have a small chance at the 5th seed and hope for a Blazers loss against the Nuggets . Don't think Dallas wins the next three games to have a shot at at the 5th seed but they have been won five in a row.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 12:38 AM
Glad Minnesota won! Still a small chance the Blazers get the sixth seed. I wonder if the Clipps try to tank the game against the Grizz and have them win to have a small chance at the 5th seed and hope for a Blazers loss against the Nuggets . Don't think Dallas wins the next three games to have a shot at at the 5th seed but they have been won five in a row.
Dallas wins all the tiebreakers, so if they can go 43-39, they'll pretty much clinch the 6th seed and have a shot at the 5th seed if the Blazers lose to the Chicken Nuggets at home (unlikely, but possible)... Grizzlies will likely lose out and become the #7 seed unless Dallas loses all 3 games.

On another note, if the Mavs do win out (unlikely) they'll clinch the #5 seed, so they control their own destiny as of now.

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 12:49 AM
Dallas wins all the tiebreakers, so if they can go 43-39, they'll pretty much clinch the 6th seed and have a shot at the 5th seed if the Blazers lose to the Chicken Nuggets at home (unlikely, but possible)... Grizzlies will likely lose out and become the #7 seed unless Dallas

If the Blazers can't beat a shitty Nuggets team at home w/ seedings at stake then they might as well make the 1st rd a BYE:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 01:12 AM
If the Blazers can't beat a shitty Nuggets team at home w/ seedings at stake then they might as well make the 1st rd a BYE:lol
If Dallas wins all 3 games, the Portland outcome doesn't matter, they can go no higher than 6.

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 01:26 AM
If Dallas wins all 3 games, the Portland outcome doesn't matter, they can go no higher than 6.

Ain't no way the Mavs are winning a B2B @LAC/@Jizz especially now that Barea is injured.:lol

Spurtacular
04-10-2016, 02:20 AM

Yea, you can wear it under your Curry jersey in case the Clips pull off the upset.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 04:08 AM
Both Memphis and Dallas are horrible, tbh..would be embarrassing if either series went past 5..

Utah and Portland are very average, as well..worst 5-8 seeds in the West that I can remember..

hooperflash
04-10-2016, 04:29 AM
That would be great to play Memphis for LMA's first Spurs playoff series. He does well against the Grizz.

Old School 44
04-10-2016, 07:59 AM
The Warriors winning in pursuit of the record giving the Spurs the Grizzlies in the first round.

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-10-2016, 11:21 AM
The Jazz have given the Worriers trouble b/c they have FOUR athletic/mobile bigs (Favors/Gobert/Lyles/Booker) who can switch onto Curry or guard Draymond in transition.

Do not be a blind homer hoping that some miracle will happen. the Warriors will go 4-0 vs whoever, then 4-1 against whoever, the probably beat the Spurs 4-2, and then 4-1 to win it all. I love my Spurs but lets be real unless something odd goes down the Dubs are champs again. THEY HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 9 games to date! THEY ARE UNREAL! Unless injury or show they are tired and run out of gas, all signs show GSW as b2b champs. But that is why they play the games anything CAN happen, I am just be real...

spursistan
04-10-2016, 11:33 AM
it is amazing how shitty the bottom 4 seeds are...i would argue that the Suns team that missed the playoffs in 2014 is better than this year Portland which is going to end up as 5th seed..

Kikoluna
04-10-2016, 12:26 PM
I called a close game vs memphis. Warriors burning a lot of fuel going for the record. They will be drained come playoffs.

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Do not be a blind homer hoping that some miracle will happen. the Warriors will go 4-0 vs whoever, then 4-1 against whoever, the probably beat the Spurs 4-2, and then 4-1 to win it all. I love my Spurs but lets be real unless something odd goes down the Dubs are champs again. THEY HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 9 games to date! THEY ARE UNREAL! Unless injury or show they are tired and run out of gas, all signs show GSW as b2b champs. But that is why they play the games anything CAN happen, I am just be real...

They have been LUCKY as fuck this season including getting away w/ non-calls & opponent missing game-winners, two of which occurred against the Jazz. (They are 2007 Mavs status as far as winning coin flips)

TD 21
04-10-2016, 05:05 PM
They have been LUCKY as fuck this season including getting away w/ non-calls & opponent missing game-winners, two of which occurred against the Jazz. (They are 2007 Mavs status as far as winning coin flips)

:tu

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-10-2016, 08:10 PM
I am going to make an easy 80$ and throw 100$ on GSW to win it all. Should have done it when they were paying over 2 to 1. Lets be real here, they are the best, no one is beating them. Hope I eat crow but the NO ONE is on the same level as them.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-11-2016, 11:18 AM
If the Mavs beat the Jazz tonight, its safe to say the Spurs will be playing the Grizz in the 1st round. Even if they don't, if the Jazz beat the Mavs and beat the Lakers, and Mavs beat the Spurs (which they probably will) and Memphis loses both their games (Clips and Warriors on road), the Grizz will drop to the 7th seed.

Unless the Grizz manage to beat both the Clips and Warriors, there is a high chance the Spurs play them in the 1st round. Good news after Pop fuckin' everything up this past week by playing everyone against the Warriors on Thurs.

soxxx
04-11-2016, 11:22 AM
I want the Grizz, we would sweep them honestly.

Baseline21
04-11-2016, 11:27 AM
The mavs vs Jazz tonight is a big game and whoever wins plays Spurs and loses plays dubs.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-11-2016, 11:37 AM
The mavs vs Jazz tonight is a big game and whoever wins plays Spurs and loses plays dubs.

Not true. Jazz and Mavs both won the season series against the Grizz. The Grizz may yet still fall to the 8th seed if the Jazz win and beat the Lakers; Mavs lose and beat the Spurs; Grizz lose both of their remaining games.

If the Mavs win, this insures the Grizz fall no farther than 7th, meaning if the Mavs beat the Spurs Wed, they get the 6th seed if the Grizz just win one of their remaining games. This also means that the Rockets just have to win their two remaining games to get the 8th seed as the Jazz and Rockets split the season series and the Rockets hold the better Conf. Record.

I am rooting for the Mavs tonight, b/c this ensures that the Grizz will more than likely be the 7th seed. And if the Grizz lose tomorrow, all the Spurs would have to do is tank Wed game to ensure they play the Grizz in the 1st round.

Kawhitstorm
04-11-2016, 12:47 PM

There is STILL a good chance the Jazz will be the 6th seed if the Clippers play their starters against the Grizz (DEFINITELY losing to the Duds in the season finale). The Jazz have the tie breaker thus would leapfrog the Grizz to the 6th seed. The Mavs also could stay as the 7th seed even if they lose to the Jazz since they (Mavs) have the tie breaker against the Grizz by virtue of winning the season series.

Basically, if the Jazz beat the Mavs they would win the season series (2-1) thus would leap frog the Mavs even though they would both be 41-40. The Grizz are most likely finish 42-40 & same w/ the Mavs/Jazz. In which case, the Jazz would be the 6th, the Mavs would be the 7th & the Grizz would be the 8th.

If the Mavs lose their final 2 games (@Jazz/Vs. Spurs), the Rockets would be the 8th seed (as long as they win out: @Minny(not easy)/vs.Kings). The Mavs/Rockets split the season series, but the Rockets would have a better divisional/conference record which are the other tie breakers.

Essentially, CIA Pop can CHOOSE to play either the Grizz or the Mavs in the 1st rd: tank season finale (Mavs), send Kawhi/LMA to Dallas (Grizz). He can also choose whether the Duds play the Rockets or Grizz in the 1st rd by the same formula.:wow

Kawhitstorm
04-11-2016, 12:56 PM
I am rooting for the Mavs tonight, b/c this ensures that the Grizz will more than likely be the 7th seed. And if the Grizz lose tomorrow, all the Spurs would have to do is tank Wed game to ensure they play the Grizz in the 1st round.

I HIGHLY doubt a depleted Mavs squad beats the Jazz in Utah on the 2nd night of a B2B. I've outlined the most likely scenario after the Mavs lose to the the Jazz tonight & it INCLUDES a VERY GOOD possibility of the Spurs STILL facing the Mavs in the 1st rd or CIA Pop cuckin' the Duds/Cuban by sending the Kawhi/LMA to Dallas for the season finale.:lol (Spurs win: Mavs out of the playoffs, Duds play the Rockets in 1st rd rather than the Grizz who would ACTUALLY play the Spurs)

The other possibility of Boban & 'em beat the Mavs in Dallas, not far fetched considering how the Spurs have OWNED them this season & how depleted the Mavs are at the moment.:lol

You should actually be rooting for the Jazz since OKC would have to play them in the 1st rd instead of the Mavs. Burks (the Jazz's 6th man) came back yesterday so that should help a bit. Jazz have beef w/ Kanter so they are going to take it personal.:toast

Kawhitstorm
04-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Looks like Mavs are going to win, so the Duds now have to play the Jizz in the 1st rd. Gobert sprained his ankle & Favors is playing w/ a bum ankle, the Jizz need those two to be at their best to make it a series. (Kawhi will have a date w/ his nemesis Matt Barnes:lmao)

If the Jizz blow their season finale against the Lakers (:lol), then the Rockets are going to get the 8th seed.

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2016, 10:10 PM
Looks like Mavs are going to win, so the Duds now have to play the Jizz in the 1st rd. Gobert sprained his ankle & Favors is playing w/ a bum ankle, the Jizz need those two to be at their best to make it a series. (Kawhi will have a date w/ his nemesis Matt Barnes:lmao)

If the Jizz blow their season finale against the Lakers (:lol), then the Rockets are going to get the 8th seed.

Actually, assuming Utah loses tonight, they will be eliminated if Houston wins their next game:lol

Spurs 4 The Win
04-11-2016, 10:15 PM
It looks like we will get Memphis if we let Dallas beat us in the last game of the season, I swear to god if our bench goes off and wins that game in dallas ill be fukin pissed. Mavs could do some damage to OKC with Carslile at the helm. Meanwhile the Griz are a hot shit waiting to be quickly flushed out of the playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Looks like Houston is getting the 8 seed..

Spurs get either Memphis or Dallas, both would be very easy matchups, with the former being a little easier(although riskier, physically + Matt Barnes is on their team:lol)..

apalisoc_9
04-11-2016, 10:22 PM

Houston has the tiebreaker bro. They have a better division and confrence record. Jazz is now the 9th seed. Mavs will most likely be 6th.

spursistan
04-11-2016, 10:22 PM
yeah would rather see if Carlisle can mindfuck Donovan and extend that series to 6 games :lol..Spurs would sweep Memphis..

Kawhitstorm
04-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Actually, assuming Utah loses tonight, they will be eliminated if Houston wins their next game:lol

I thought the Jazz won the season series but they only won the two most recent meetings & lost the two earlier meetings thus the Rockets would make it by virtue of having a better conference record.

Would be hilarious if the Rockets blew the season finale but I think Rondo/Cousins aren't playing road games.:lol

Considering Gobert/Favors are limping might as well have the Worriers play the Rockets, at least it ain't the Grizz.

apalisoc_9
04-11-2016, 10:26 PM
I thought the Jazz won the season series but they only won the two most recent meetings & lost the two earlier meetings thus the Rockets would make it by virtue of having a better conference record.

Would be hilarious if the Rockets blew the season finale but I think Rondo/Cousins aren't playing road games.:lol

Considering Gobert/Favors are limping might as well have the Worriers play the Rockets, at least it ain't the Grizz.

Plus, lets hope patrick beverly can do us a favour. He might be able to westbrook 2.0 Curry or Thompson.

eDizzle20
04-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Hopefully Memphis does fall to 7. They're just so depleted I think they would be the easiest matchup. If Houston would stop being a bunch underachievers they may be able to take a game or 2 from the Warriors.

Kawhitstorm
04-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Spurs get either Memphis or Dallas, both would be very easy matchups, with the former being a little easier(although riskier, physically + Matt Barnes is on their team:lol)..

I though ST was more scared of Zaza taking out Kawhi rather than Barnes based on this season?:lol (Mejri also seems like a goon)

GSH
04-11-2016, 10:37 PM
LMAO - it could easily have come down to the Spurs tanking the last game against Dallas, to put them into the 6 slot, and Memphis into the 7. And it would be worth the tank, IMO. But then this great season could have ended up on a 5-game losing streak. How fucked up would that have been?

The only reason it won't happen? Golden State is gunning for win #73. I they weren't, they would probably have rest-tanked the last one against Memphis, just to force the Spurs' hands. Then again, if the Clippers rest against Memphis, and the Griz win, Dallas would STILL have to win the last game against the Spurs to get the 6 seed. Maybe they WANT the 7 seed, and they will be the ones to tank the last game. :lol

I love how twisted things get at the end of the season sometimes.

Keepin' it real
04-11-2016, 10:40 PM
Who owns the tiebreaker if mavs and grizz end with same record?

baseline bum
04-11-2016, 10:40 PM
LMAO - it could easily have come down to the Spurs tanking the last game against Dallas, to put them into the 6 slot, and Memphis into the 7. And it would be worth the tank, IMO. But then this great season could have ended up on a 5-game losing streak. How fucked up would that have been?

The only reason it won't happen? Golden State is gunning for win #73. I they weren't, they would probably have rest-tanked the last one against Memphis, just to force the Spurs' hands. I love how twisted things get at the end of the season sometimes.

Memphis will probably lose their road game tomorrow to the Clippers anyways, though I hope the Spurs just rest everyone in Dallas regardless.

baseline bum
04-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Who owns the tiebreaker if mavs and grizz end with same record?

Dallas, Mavs won the season series 3-1.

DesignatedT
04-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Spurs are resting at Dallas regardless. It's a b2b to end the season on the road. Nobody is going to play in that game unless Pop is going senile.

Pop will still coach for the win and if the Spurs somehow pull it out with their bench it would be hilarious and a total mind fuck for Dallas.

Looking like Memphis is pretty likely now though.

baseline bum
04-11-2016, 10:42 PM
Dallas can actually move up to the five seed if they beat the Spurs and Portland loses to Denver. Not likely, but possible.

DesignatedT
04-11-2016, 10:45 PM
The Clippers are locked in though right? Odds that they rest vs Memphis tomorrow?

Kawhitstorm
04-11-2016, 10:53 PM

OKC is most likely not sending Durant/WestBrick to SA tomorrow since it would be on the 2nd night of a B2B & they have NOTHING to play for whatsoever. (The Cavs have the tie breaker even for HCA in the Finals:lol)

Kawhitstorm
04-11-2016, 10:56 PM
Dallas can actually move up to the five seed if they beat the Spurs and Portland loses to Denver. Not likely, but possible.

Denver is basically tanking (no Faried/Gallo) & the game is in Portland. Nurkic would have to absolutely pound them inside for the Nuggets to have a chance b/c the Blazers' weakness is post defense. (Blazers most likely want to avoid OKC b/c of Kanter:lol)

larrychen21
04-11-2016, 10:56 PM
i say 99% of chance Mavs lock 6th...either Memphis lose tomorrow v.s. clippers or (if clipper starters rest tomorrow) spurs gives Mavs a pass on Wed

Everybody wants Memphis these days...a team filled with 2 D leaguers dumped by Spurs who play major minutes...they are essentially not a playoff team.

Kawhitstorm
04-11-2016, 11:04 PM
i say 99% of chance Mavs lock 6th...either Memphis lose tomorrow v.s. clippers or (if clipper starters rest tomorrow)

Clippers HATE the Grizz (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14064804/los-angeles-clippers-troll-memphis-grizzlies-twitter-ahead-monday-matchup) & Lance/Barnes talked a lot of smack when the Grizz beat them during their most recent matchup thus I would imagine the Clippers want to give them a beat-down.

q0TMm4L7QEk

Ray McCallum owned CP3 in the 4th quarter but he's no longer on the team::lol

aVjIk7vl3hQ

apalisoc_9
04-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Clippers HATE the Grizz (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14064804/los-angeles-clippers-troll-memphis-grizzlies-twitter-ahead-monday-matchup) & Lance/Barnes talked a lot of smack when the Grizz beat them during their most recent matchup thus I would imagine the Clippers want to give them a beat-down.

q0TMm4L7QEk

Ray McCallum owned CP3 in the 4th quarter but he's no longer on the team::lol

aVjIk7vl3hQ

Ray is no longer in the team? Poor nigga...he played decent in that LA game.

I guess he really doesnt have an NBA future...

Keepin' it real
04-11-2016, 11:15 PM
So in a role reversal from 2011, the Spurs will tank to face the Grizzlies. Huh...

Spurtacular
04-11-2016, 11:21 PM
Should I be rooting for Memphis to drop to the 8 (if that's even still possible)? They seem like they could challenge GS the most.

RD2191
04-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Should I be rooting for Memphis to drop to the 8 (if that's even still possible)? They seem like they could challenge GS the most.
You're basing that off of one game?

Spurs 4 The Win
04-11-2016, 11:37 PM

Lol, fuck no they cant challenge them, and its not possible for them to fall to 8

elemento
04-11-2016, 11:40 PM

Not possible. It's either Houston or Utah.

Spurtacular
04-11-2016, 11:50 PM
You're basing that off of one game?

I'm basing that on experience and their ability to grind in the playoffs. But apparently it's a moot point.

YGWHI
04-11-2016, 11:55 PM

OKC full roster tomorrow? Not sure. We sat our starters against them on the road, they will sit some people on the road too.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-12-2016, 06:39 AM
This exactly the scenario I wanted. Carlisle, like Pop, saves his best for the playoffs. He will give OKC the most run for the money even w/o Parsons.

Mavs beating the Jazz at home was the best case scenario for the Spurs to play the Grizz. This ensures that the Grizzlies can fall no lower than the 7th seed.

Grizz just need to lose tonight. Doing so will all but ensure the Spurs play them in the 1st round. Even if the Spurs beat the Mavs, the Grizz more than likely will lose to GS on Weds. It should be 1st round sweep for the Spurs.

NBAFan
04-12-2016, 11:40 AM
The match up will depend on who does Blazer wants to play 1st round Clippers or OKC? They are playing the last game of the regular season on Wednesday night.
Rocket are in most likley Jazz are out.

GSH
04-12-2016, 02:12 PM
OKC full roster tomorrow? Not sure. We sat our starters against them on the road, they will sit some people on the road too.

Oh, I'm just saying that it could happen - and thinking what a shame it would be to end a great season that way. A 5-game losing streak can't happen, without dumping the first 3 like they did.

spursistan
04-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Memphis-Spurs is going to be NBA TV material with a couple of 12:00 pm tipoff :lol...

apalisoc_9
04-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Memphis-Spurs is going to be NBA TV material with a couple of 12:00 pm tipoff :lol...

:lol

T Park
04-13-2016, 12:32 PM
I'm basing that on experience and their ability to grind in the playoffs. But apparently it's a moot point.

The Grizzlies will get blown out against either GS or SA. It's not even debatable.