PDA

View Full Version : Not worried about the Dubs, tbh...

ElNono
04-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Cute little team that media loves because they're basically full of Lakerfans...

Only reason they won last season is because they didn't have to face the champ Spurs, tbh, and because Lebron can't win without Ray Allen... lmao @ Delly being the best player on that team.

Main concern for the Spurs is avoiding the Clippers... CP3, now that's the best PG in the NBA, and Doc obviously knows how to outcoach Pop...

baseline bum
04-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Only reason they won last season is because they didn't have to face the champ Spurs, tbh, and because Lebron can't win without Mike Miller... lmao @ Delly being the best player on that team.

FIFY

ElNono
04-09-2016, 11:14 AM
FIFY

true tbh... my bad, you're completely right

Budkin
04-09-2016, 11:17 AM
ElNono dropping truth bombs

SAGirl
04-09-2016, 11:40 AM
I hope you are right.
Probably depends on some vets we have having some vintage games. :toast

spursistan
04-09-2016, 12:04 PM
I hope you are right.
Probably depends on some vets we have having some vintage games. :toast
i think elnono is trolling..he was singing their praises in the other thread :lol..

they are an awesome team, no question. we go into that matchup as underdogs even if we beat them Sunday..As much as the Spurs have upgraded in upper level talent from 2014, this Warriors team still dwarfs us on top of running a sound system....but, you know shit happens in sport: players inexplicably freeze, shots stop falling for some and never seem to do for others; fluke bounces; bodies gets worn down and injuries happen, coaches get outchoached (yeah, i still think Pop has something up his sleeve and he defeinteley seems locked more this season and pretty aware, maybe knows, that this could be Tim/Manu last ride etc..).etc...

kaji157
04-09-2016, 12:04 PM
I donīt think that we have dont have to worry about that, but i do think the warriors have to worry about LAC first, this year they wont have a cakewalk like last year filled with injuries.

If OKC wins one more game i think they clinch the 3rd seed, Clippers are ending the season on top of their game while OKC has been doubtful at most.

OKC is 54-25 while LAC is 51-28 OKC is playin the Kings tonight, they should win. (then they have us and the Lakers)

Clippers on the other hand would have to win out and they face Dallas, Memphis and Phx.

apalisoc_9
04-09-2016, 12:28 PM
I already brought my Clippers jersey tbh.

dabom
04-09-2016, 12:34 PM
OP a top 5 poster. Holding the fort down. :claw

spursistan
04-09-2016, 12:47 PM
going to make a final prediction after tomorrow game..As of this post, I think Warriors in 5, sadly....Spurs are too proud, too good at home, to get swept..

daslicer
04-09-2016, 01:08 PM
going to make a final prediction after tomorrow game..As of this post, I think Warriors in 5, sadly....Spurs are too proud, too good at home, to get swept..

Won't happen I have no respect for people who give up this early in the game. Historically a team that has won as many games as the spurs don't get swept or lose in 5. It took the 72 win bulls six games to take out the 64 win Sonics. If the spurs go down it will be in 6 or 7. I still believe the spurs have a 50-50 chance against this warriors team.

DarrinS
04-09-2016, 01:28 PM
I'm worried about them. They got that "beautiful game" going (damn copy cats), they're deep, and well coached.

Pako
04-09-2016, 01:36 PM
Spurs has the arsenal to punish the Warriors and that is posting up their little front court to death. Even our bench has the ability to post up decently. Spurs will win in 6 if ever we meet them in the West finals.
Their front court will get tired containing our strength in a seven game series. Also, their shooting percentage will be impacted when the pressure kicks in and the defense intensify.
Last year's final, only Lebron can post up in the Cavs and they almost won.

Sean Cagney
04-09-2016, 01:45 PM
I'm worried about them. They got that "beautiful game" going (damn copy cats), they're deep, and well coached.

There good, that is for certain.

Sec24Row7
04-09-2016, 01:49 PM
BoBo was the key to beating them last time... ball gets stuck in the post when aldridge posts barnes... and they can get away with a double... bobo just kills them.

DarrinS
04-09-2016, 01:56 PM
BoBo was the key to beating them last time... ball gets stuck in the post when aldridge posts barnes... and they can get away with a double... bobo just kills them.

Yep, high IQ player

spurs10
04-09-2016, 01:56 PM
They are beatable if we play them when we are in rhythm and focus. The two times we have lost to them didn't look like we were either of those two things and Parker on Curry for most of the game is just not going to happen.

polandprzem
04-09-2016, 01:57 PM
I'm also not worried about the best basketball team in a history of the sport

spurs10
04-09-2016, 01:58 PM
BoBo was the key to beating them last time... ball gets stuck in the post when aldridge posts barnes... and they can get away with a double... bobo just kills them. And this! :bobo

SAGirl
04-09-2016, 02:03 PM
i think elnono is trolling..he was singing their praises in the other thread :lol..

they are an awesome team, no question. we go into that matchup as underdogs even if we beat them Sunday..As much as the Spurs have upgraded in upper level talent from 2014, this Warriors team still dwarfs us on top of running a sound system....but, you know shit happens in sport: players inexplicably freeze, shots stop falling for some and never seem to do for others; fluke bounces; bodies gets worn down and injuries happen, coaches get outchoached (yeah, i still think Pop has something up his sleeve and he defeinteley seems locked more this season and pretty aware, maybe knows, that this could be Tim/Manu last ride etc..).etc...

I thought he was trolling bc of all the praise for CP3, but it's an optimistic thread of a cheeky nature and there are too many threads of the pessimistic variety so I joined in the optimism with a subtle jab at him bc if Manu and TD play like they did the last game against GSW we ain't winning.

Truth be told I am more pessimistic when it comes to GSW and not bc of GSW. We are too flawed. I feel our current team is too old. It will require a nirvanistic performance from all of them and I don't think our guys collectively got it. Boris has been incredibly inconsistent all season. Kmart can score but he's terrible defensively. He in fact might be a better Patty, bc Patty has been terrible both ends. D west is a terrific offensive player but a traffic cone on defense and not a rim protector. Danny has been slumping all season. TD is missing layups all the time. Kyle is a youngster, and a question mark. Manu hasn't looked good in a consistent fashion, specially against the good defensive teams. He's prone bad TO and those are death against GSW. Tony and the SL offense are a question mark. LMA and Kawhi depend too much on Tony to get their own game going since he handles the ball so much and runs the offense. I also feel like we are stuck in between two eras. The system was built based on what the big 3 could do, now it's kinda tried to move away from that, but not quite. They are not exactly ideal complements to the young players. Guys don't necessarily fit together. GSW has none of these problems.

Still it matters not. I hope we do play well and I will enjoy watching our games regardless of the outcome. If we can't defeat them, so be it. I will not be sour over what are Tim/Manu's last season. But that us just me. I am sure there will be cliff jumping.

spurs10
04-09-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm also not worried about the best basketball team in a history of the sport Thank God we are not playing the Spurs! I wouldn't go as far to say history, but we are the most winning of any team in any team sport for > 15 years!
:flag:

Leetonidas
04-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Clippers will upset GS in the 2nd round tbh its time they finally got to the WCF. Griffin will get green ejected from all his flopping quickly imo

ElNono
04-09-2016, 02:06 PM
OP a top 5 poster. Holding the fort down. :claw

bro, you should send a cease and desists letter to the mods every time they delete one of your threads, IMO

(cue spurraider21 dog licking bone gif)

ViceCity86
04-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Cute little team that media loves because they're basically full of Lakerfans...

Only reason they won last season is because they didn't have to face the champ Spurs, tbh, and because Lebron can't win without Ray Allen... lmao @ Delly being the best player on that team.

Main concern for the Spurs is avoiding the Clippers... CP3, now that's the best PG in the NBA, and Doc obviously knows how to outcoach Pop...

Last year you and others weren't worried about the Clippers.I believe you said Spurs in 5 over LAC,even though the evidence was clear as day they would be nightmare matchup just like the Warriors this year.

dabom
04-09-2016, 02:11 PM
bro, you should send a cease and desists letter to the mods every time they delete one of your threads, IMO

(cue spurraider21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31905) dog licking bone gif)

I got temp invisbanned after the warriors game. For like 12 hours and shit. I demand some answers. Slomo

T_L_P
04-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Spurs aren't winning it all this year.

We just need to accept this and move on. No shame in being second to an all-time great team.

spurs10
04-09-2016, 02:19 PM
I thought he was trolling bc of all the praise for CP3, but it's an optimistic thread of a cheeky nature and there are too many threads of the pessimistic variety so I joined in the optimism with a subtle jab at him bc if Manu and TD play like they did the last game against GSW we ain't winning.

Truth be told I am more pessimistic when it comes to GSW and not bc of GSW. We are too flawed. I feel our current team is too old. It will require a nirvanistic performance from all of them and I don't think our guys collectively got it. Boris has been incredibly inconsistent all season. Kmart can score but he's terrible defensively. He in fact might be a better Patty, bc Patty has been terrible both ends. D west is a terrific offensive player but a traffic cone on defense and not a rim protector. Danny has been slumping all season. TD is missing layups all the time. Kyle is a youngster, and a question mark. Manu hasn't looked good in a consistent fashion, specially against the good defensive teams. He's prone bad TO and those are death against GSW. Tony and the SL offense are a question mark. LMA and Kawhi depend too much on Tony to get their own game going since he handles the ball so much and runs the offense. I also feel like we are stuck in between two eras. The system was built based on what the big 3 could do, now it's kinda tried to move away from that, but not quite. They are not exactly ideal complements to the young players. Guys don't necessarily fit together. GSW has none of these problems.

Still it matters not. I hope we do play well and I will enjoy watching our games regardless of the outcome. If we can't defeat them, so be it. I will not be sour over what are Tim/Manu's last season. But that us just me. I am sure there will be cliff jumping. Well of course Tim and Manu are "too old." As long as we are not depending on them too much- at issue is whether we are 'too young' with LMA and Kawhi being very new to playing together. As you said, how TP does as a facilitator will determine a lot. I see Bobo, LMA, Kawhi, and Green being capable of playing elite defense against these guys when it matters. :ihit

If we can't put the ball in the Pacific ocean, miss lay-ups, etc. it will be tough. :lol

ElNono
04-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Last year you and others weren't worried about the Clippers.I believe you said Spurs in 5 over LAC,even though the evidence was clear as day they would be nightmare matchup just like the Warriors this year.

I'm not big on excuses, but too many injured guys last year... Tiago, Tony... Manu and Tim were gassed as hell...

But, sure, I can be wrong, tbh... rare, but it can happen.

polandprzem
04-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Thank God we are not playing the Spurs! I wouldn't go as far to say history, but we are the most winning of any team in any team sport for > 15 years!

Well you need to worry about Boston Celtics then

ViceCity86
04-09-2016, 02:33 PM
I'm not big on excuses, but too many injured guys last year... Tiago, Tony... Manu and Tim were gassed as hell...

But, sure, I can be wrong, tbh... rare, but it can happen.

Tiago injury sucked.He was playing his best ball of his career at end of last year.Tony been on fast slide and decline since 2013 WCF.

SAGirl
04-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Well of course Tim and Manu are "too old." As long as we are not depending on them too much- at issue is whether we are 'too young' with LMA and Kawhi being very new to playing together. As you said, how TP does as a facilitator will determine a lot. I see Bobo, LMA, Kawhi, and Green being capable of playing elite defense against these guys when it matters. :ihit

If we can't put the ball in the Pacific ocean, miss lay-ups, etc. it will be tough. :lol

But we have depended on them. The bench revolves around Manu TBH. They go as he goes. If Manu plays well they have a chance. If Manu is cold, getting a penchant for heroballing, throwing the ball all over its finit. Pop has tried to fit in Patty as more of a playmaker, but he's not. Kyle joined this party too late and he's a question mark. He has several things he can do well, but the bench doesn't complement him, in the way the use him and this season was not about him.

TD is our best rim protector but he affects us offensively. His presence in the paint occupies premium space. If he's missing layups and having to come outside and switch and getting blown by, frankly you are better off playing KA.

Tony... too much said about him elsewhere . Still a very important role both ends, handles the ball, runs the offense, gets the ball to guys in good spots, or doesn't, etc.

All 3 are still very important to our team to minimize their roles and say as long as we don't expect too much we'll be fine. We can be fine against ok regular season teams, not GSW.

Both guys have too prominent roles

spurs10
04-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Well you need to worry about Boston Celtics then We've won a couple of games this year too. Just saying it's a little early to anoint a team that has one championship against a broken down Cavs " the greatest team in basketball history." We have given away a lot games this season and still have a ridiculous record. If GSW wins out they will have the best record in the "regular season"- good for them if it leads to the :lobt2:.

DMC
04-09-2016, 03:15 PM
Now we need a "blessing in disguise" thread for the upcoming beatdown at home Sunday.

GSH
04-09-2016, 03:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7y9POoa.gif

polandprzem
04-09-2016, 03:27 PM
We've won a couple of games this year too. Just saying it's a little early to anoint a team that has one championship against a broken down Cavs " the greatest team in basketball history." We have given away a lot games this season and still have a ridiculous record. If GSW wins out they will have the best record in the "regular season"- good for them if it leads to the :lobt2:.

As of right now it seems like they are the best. And that matters now. And to say not to be worry about them when they have a historic year? It is a bit delusional. Cause even though they had one win more then us we got to be worried about them having advantages against us.
We do also are worried about Clips who are 4th in the conference.

spurs10
04-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Now we need a "blessing in disguise" thread for the upcoming beatdown at home Sunday. :lol

Dro210
04-09-2016, 03:40 PM

Right on... but I think CP3 and Clips are outta gas. He's had to use a lot of energy keeping them afloat while Blake's been out. I noticed he was running out about a week before he announced he wouldn't play for Team USA, which confirmed it. Blake won't be back to 100% this year either. Wish they could give gsw a run for their money in the 2nd Round, but I doubt it.

Splits
04-09-2016, 04:05 PM
It will require a nirvanistic performance from all of them

First time in ST history someone has used this (non) word. I'm so in love with you.

and I don't think our guys collectively got it.

WTF? I don't love you anymore.

Spurtacular
04-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Doc obviously knows how to outcoach Pop...

No.

SAGirl
04-09-2016, 04:09 PM
First time in ST history someone has used this (non) word. I'm so in love with you.

WTF? I don't love you anymore.
Lol love sense of humor. I like to create my own words.
Patented: the verb to Nostradamus.
As in I am pessimistic about our team, but I am not going to Nostradamus a defeat for us.

Frankly, I don't even care about the results of Sunday's game, but it will be interesting.

spurs10
04-09-2016, 05:50 PM
But we have depended on them. The bench revolves around Manu TBH. They go as he goes. If Manu plays well they have a chance. If Manu is cold, getting a penchant for heroballing, throwing the ball all over its finit. Pop has tried to fit in Patty as more of a playmaker, but he's not. Kyle joined this party too late and he's a question mark. He has several things he can do well, but the bench doesn't complement him, in the way the use him and this season was not about him.

TD is our best rim protector but he affects us offensively. His presence in the paint occupies premium space. If he's missing layups and having to come outside and switch and getting blown by, frankly you are better off playing KA.

Tony... too much said about him elsewhere . Still a very important role both ends, handles the ball, runs the offense, gets the ball to guys in good spots, or doesn't, etc.

All 3 are still very important to our team to minimize their roles and say as long as we don't expect too much we'll be fine. We can be fine against ok regular season teams, not GSW.

Both guys have too prominent roles Well said, especially about Manu with the bench. I'm expecting a 'leave it all on the floor' type effort from the Big 3 and just feel hopeful that they have some players that will allow them some breathing room. :lma and :claw are going to be even more prominent, as well as Bobo, Green, Patty, West, and Anderson in their supporting roles.

SAGirl
04-09-2016, 06:08 PM
Well said, especially about Manu with the bench. I'm expecting a 'leave it all on the floor' type effort from the Big 3 and just feel hopeful that they have some players that will allow them some breathing room. :lma and :claw are going to be even more prominent, as well as Bobo, Green, Patty, West, and Anderson in their supporting roles.
Now this is definite spirit that does get me riled up!!!!!!

skulls138
04-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Sorry but to count TD out is treasonous. He got schooled a bit last game but if you dont give the man a chance at redemption just hand in your Spurs fan badge now. Seriously, I bet he missed a layup a time or two even in his prime. Now everything negative he does its "goodbye Duncan, thanks for the memories". Been saying the same thing for years now, about Ginobili too.

Just a thought but what if Duncan came off the bench? In the starting you have LMA and Diaw and off the bench Duncan and West. I bet Duncan and Ginobili would compliment each other nicely. Duncan can be clever and get himself open for Ginobilis passing

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Sorry but to count TD out is treasonous. He got schooled a bit last game but if you dont give the man a chance at redemption just hand in your Spurs fan badge now. Seriously, I bet he missed a layup a time or two even in his prime. Now everything negative he does its "goodbye Duncan, thanks for the memories". Been saying the same thing for years now, about Ginobili too.

Just a thought but what if Duncan came off the bench? In the starting you have LMA and Diaw and off the bench Duncan and West. I bet Duncan and Ginobili would compliment each other nicely. Duncan can be clever and get himself open for Ginobilis passing

I think virtually everybody here agrees that Duncan shouldn't be starting vs. GS, tbh..

spurs10
04-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Now this is definite spirit that does get me riled up!!!!!!
:flag: :flag:

UNT Eagles 2016
04-09-2016, 07:08 PM

Isn't that how we won the last game? Always have to keep a center in there and LMA is our best center so he gets the start and the majority of the PT.

Hoops Czar
04-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Even Memphis racked up 28 first quarter point vs GS, smdfh.

Hoops Czar
04-09-2016, 07:44 PM

Nono, you know we've talked about having crack for breakfast and the effects it can have on one's brain when posting. I better not see a thread about dat historic defense until you come down from this high.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Even Memphis racked up 28 first quarter point vs GS, smdfh.
Minus Conley, Gasol, Zeebo, Wright, Chalmers. Amazing

99 Problems
04-09-2016, 07:49 PM
We dismantled the Heat in their prime. + I feel their dream run with injuries, refs, circus shots will tumble.

spursistan
04-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Spurs mightily struggle on offense against them while scrub teams raping their D :lmao

Hoops Czar
04-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Minus Conley, Gasol, Zeebo, Wright, Chalmers. Amazing

Memphis's backups running through that GS defense like a mack truck :lol Please someone, tell me more about the Spurs #2 in FG% and #2 3pt FG% and #3 in offensive efficiency.

sasaint
04-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Memphis's backups running through that GS defense like a mack truck :lol Please someone, tell me more about the Spurs #2 in FG% and #2 3pt FG% and #3 in offensive efficiency.

Apparently the Spurs are not the only team that occasionally plays down to the level of the opponent.

Spurs9
04-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Curry loves to showboat and be the center of attention like a litle kid tbh

Budkin
04-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Spurs mightily struggle on offense against them while scrub teams raping their D :lmao

Spurs are intimidated by them at Oracle it's clear.

random21
04-09-2016, 11:03 PM
The 2011-2014 OKC teams were more intimidating to me... Spurs can take care of business vs these jump shooting lovers

weeks
04-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Their offense seems better than our defense .our offense can't seem to overwhelm their defense. Troubling

Slomo
04-10-2016, 03:35 AM
I got temp invisbanned after the warriors game. For like 12 hours and shit. I demand some answers. Slomo (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=121)

:lol "invisibanned"

You did have your thread starting privileges revoked for a few hours after starting several threads with the exact same point, to say nothing about the fact that there's a lot of other existing threads on the same subject.

So you are basically having a meltdown because you couldn't create a thread every time you had the same thought. You were forced to post in existing threads.

So here are your answers:
- Stop being a drama queen
- Use other buttons beside the "post new thread"
- Say thank you, because ST is the only forum that tolerates you - for now

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 03:46 AM
I don't know why people here keep comparing Spurs-Warriors games to how the Warriors struggle vs. non-threatening teams, tbh:lol..there's no comparison, they obviously don't play with the same intensity vs. teams like the depleted Grizzlies, Timberwolves, etc..

Excluding the Warriors, there are 9 good to great teams in the league(10 games over .500 or better as a barometer), this season..Golden State is 20-2 vs. those teams, which is outrageous..7 of their 9 losses have been against average or worse teams(Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Lakers, Portland, Milwaukee, Minnesota)..they have a tendency to coast, which is fairly common among elite teams in recent years..

dabom
04-10-2016, 03:48 AM
:lol "invisibanned"

You did have your thread starting privileges revoked for a few hours after starting several threads with the exact same point, to say nothing about the fact that there's a lot of other existing threads on the same subject.

So you are basically having a meltdown because you couldn't create a thread every time you had the same thought. You were forced to post in existing threads.

So here are your answers:
- Stop being a drama queen
- Use other buttons beside the "post new thread"
- Say thank you, because ST is the only forum that tolerates you - for now

It also said I didn't have privileges to view other posters. I call that "invisabanned" :lol

dabom
04-10-2016, 03:51 AM
I don't know why people here keep comparing Spurs-Warriors games to how the Warriors struggle vs. non-threatening teams, tbh:lol..there's no comparison, they obviously don't play with the same intensity vs. teams like the depleted Grizzlies, Timberwolves, etc..

Excluding the Warriors, there are 9 good to great teams in the league(10 games over .500 or better as a barometer), this season..Golden State is 20-2 vs. those teams, which is outrageous..7 of their 9 losses have been against average or worse teams(Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Lakers, Portland, Milwaukee, Minnesota)..they have a tendency to coast, which is fairly common among elite teams in recent years..
By that thinking you have to understand the Spurs coast all year until the playoffs. Marquee games doesn't change that.

spurs10
04-10-2016, 03:54 AM

Excluding the Warriors, there are 9 good to great teams in the league(10 games over .500 or better as a barometer), this season..Golden State is 20-2 vs. those teams, which is outrageous..7 of their 9 losses have been against average or worse teams(Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Lakers, Portland, Milwaukee, Minnesota)..they have a tendency to coast, which is fairly common among elite teams in recent years.. Their chance to surpass the Bulls' and "they obviously don't play with the same intensity"...:bullshit.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 04:03 AM
By that thinking you have to understand the Spurs coast all year until the playoffs. Marquee games doesn't change that.

My point is that it's silly to think they play with the same intensity vs. Minnesota as they do vs. San Antonio or OKC or Cleveland..

They probably believe they can coast vs. shitty teams and pull out wins at the end, which is something they have consistently done, all season..

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 04:05 AM
Their chance to surpass the Bulls' and "they obviously don't play with the same intensity"...:bullshit.

It's human nature to play down to the competition when your confidence is sky high and you believe you can pull wins out of your ass, especially at this point of the season..

They probably believed they would still win the Minnesota game, even when they were down by 7 with a minute left..

Perry Mason
04-10-2016, 08:53 AM
It's human nature to play down to the competition when your confidence is sky high and you believe you can pull wins out of your ass, especially at this point of the season..

They probably believed they would still win the Minnesota game, even when they were down by 7 with a minute left..

And they didn't. Therefore that is a weakness. It also shows they get tired. It also shows the pattern that they struggle against certain types of players (athletic wings, fast pgs, skilled 4's and 5's) who are not all on the elite teams. It also shows luck as to all the OT wins.

It also shows mental weakness. Overconfidence quickly becomes despondency when adversity arises.

ElNono
04-10-2016, 10:40 AM
And they didn't. Therefore that is a weakness. It also shows they get tired. It also shows the pattern that they struggle against certain types of players (athletic wings, fast pgs, skilled 4's and 5's) who are not all on the elite teams. It also shows luck as to all the OT wins.

It also shows mental weakness. Overconfidence quickly becomes despondency when adversity arises.

The Duncan era Spurs did that all the time. You could even argue they did it much, much worse than these Dubs in years where they were the defending champs. I wouldn't call Duncan or those teams "mentally weak", tbh, it's just natural...

There's also another factor: they're the champs and they have a target on their backs. Every little team is going to come out and play extra hard and motivated against them, since they're basically measuring themselves against the best...

Hoops Czar
04-10-2016, 01:33 PM

It's probably a combination of one team play down to the their opponent's level while the other exceeds their own level of play. When you have a chance to play against a team having a historic season, you tend to make shots you don't normally make, get rebounds you don't normally get, block shot you don't normally block, create TO's you don't normally create, etc. Right up until crunch time which is usually the point in time where you realize who you are and you fall flat on your face. But that doesn't excuse the Warriors poor defense since the break and why any team good or bad can stack up points against them except for the team ranked second in FG% and third in offensive efficiency.

spurs10
04-10-2016, 03:06 PM

They probably believed they would still win the Minnesota game, even when they were down by 7 with a minute left.. I get what you mean 'human nature' wise and have seen us do it often. I just don't think they had Memphis 'right were they wanted them.' It was only with the grace of God- or the refs- they won the game by one point. They are going for the record and I hope they come in to the game tonight over confident- it almost got them last night.

daslicer
04-10-2016, 03:19 PM
I'll worry about them only if the spurs are facing elimination against them in the playoffs. Until that happens I'm not going to worry.

Holden_Caulfield
04-10-2016, 03:27 PM
more worried about the refs late in games against the dubs, tbh

DPG21920
04-10-2016, 03:29 PM
In order for SA to play GS, they have to be in the WCF and that means they are playing well. Spurs have the best shot out of anyone to beat GS, but as you can see, SA's margin for error is significantly less than GS's. It's probably not a great sign that GS has beat down SA twice and Curry/Klay have been relatively quiet.

ElNono
04-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Nono, you know we've talked about having crack for breakfast and the effects it can have on one's brain when posting. I better not see a thread about dat historic defense until you come down from this high.

Is 11 AM considered breakfast still, tbh? :lol

TD 21
04-10-2016, 05:02 PM

Fine, but then don't trumpet their record against good to great teams, when many of those games were pulled out of their ass.

Their expected record is a whopping 7 games worse than their actual one, by far the biggest differential I've ever seen.

In 82 games, virtually everyone will win a few of those per season and generally the good to great teams more obviously, but that differential is so astronomical, it goes beyond "how great they are" or "how well they execute". They're historically lucky.

The good news is, their luck is beginning to reverse. Were it not for disgraceful officiating last night, they'd have lost again.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2016, 05:31 PM

Still it matters not. I hope we do play well and I will enjoy watching our games regardless of the outcome. If we can't defeat them, so be it. I will not be sour over what are Tim/Manu's last season. But that us just me. I am sure there will be cliff jumping.

Awesome awesome post :tu

ElNono
04-10-2016, 06:06 PM

I'm playing with house money, tbh... and there's also the fact that too many times people have doubted Timmy and Manu, and they still have managed to take us to the promised land. I don't know if they'll be able to this time around (and I mean the playoffs, not these silly regular season games), but, why not give those legends the benefit of the doubt? It doesn't cost us anything.

Spurs9
04-10-2016, 06:09 PM
I have a feeling we will get blown out of our building tbh

ElNono
04-10-2016, 08:15 PM
predictable game, predictable outcome... omg Pop is just running circles around Kerr... by the time the playoffs roll around, they won't know what hit them...

webshad
04-10-2016, 08:19 PM
predictable game, predictable outcome... omg Pop is just running circles around Kerr... by the time the playoffs roll around, they won't know what hit them...

Hope so man! I hate the momentum shift though. :depressed

AFMadison
04-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Not gonna lie, this game gave me some confidence about this team winning the ship.

dbestpro
04-10-2016, 08:44 PM
The Spurs played, but had very little reason to exert a full effort. Nothing changed from this morning for the Spurs. Playoff time will be different. Tbh, this was nothing more than a scrimmage for the Spurs. The loss just put that much more pressure on the dubs. Imagine, having the best record in basketball, and not winning the championship.

ElNono
04-10-2016, 08:45 PM
The Spurs played, but had very little reason to exert a full effort. Nothing changed from this morning for the Spurs. Playoff time will be different. Tbh, this was nothing more than a scrimmage for the Spurs. The loss just put that much more pressure on the dubs. Imagine, having the best record in basketball, and not winning the championship.

Yup, you get the sense the more we played them, the more we get used to them, tbh... no more blowouts or shit like that...

spurs10
04-10-2016, 09:09 PM
The Spurs played, but had very little reason to exert a full effort. Nothing changed from this morning for the Spurs. Playoff time will be different. Tbh, this was nothing more than a scrimmage for the Spurs. The loss just put that much more pressure on the dubs. Imagine, having the best record in basketball, and not winning the championship. It's true they must be wondering if we could possibly be this bad offensively. The pressure will be on them to win it all with this gaudy RS record. I thought our D was great, but we no longer have anyone that can score except for LMA. He was great tonight.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 09:09 PM
fuck this shit

The Reckoning
04-10-2016, 09:10 PM
jinx thread tbh

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Damn, they are 21-2 vs. the top teams now:wow

ElNono
04-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Damn, they are 21-2 vs. the top teams now:wow

flukeish... there's really only 3 top teams in the league, tbh... Spurs, Dubs, Cavs... in that order...

wingster
04-10-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm legit not worried.
We'll breeze by the first round..and 5 in OKC series.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-10-2016, 09:36 PM
I'm legit not worried.
We'll breeze by the first round..and 5 in OKC series.

This, although that OKC series could run long if we dont get the 2-0 advantage, I dread going 1-1 to that Methlahoma to deal with refKC

Spurtacular
04-10-2016, 09:53 PM
The GS losses, the Spurs were inconsistent and did not play up to their capabilities. A lot of missed makable shots in the last two. I'll be honest; I think GS is very beatable (though giving away HCA sucks). But it's not like early in the season when I worried that they might be an unstoppable force. I actually think SA is in GS's heads. That's why Gaymond was trying to be all gracious in his post game remarks.

SAGirl
04-10-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm playing with house money, tbh... and there's also the fact that too many times people have doubted Timmy and Manu, and they still have managed to take us to the promised land. I don't know if they'll be able to this time around (and I mean the playoffs, not these silly regular season games), but, why not give those legends the benefit of the doubt? It doesn't cost us anything.
We,all are, Spurs are. We should just enjoy it. Not likely to be around for next season and if we keep this Tony and Danny plus the youngsters we have in the bench with a vet or two on the cheap I am very much less optimistic about u.s. Stoll good enough to be a playoff team maybe, but so are several teams that this,season we consider mediocre. So jyst enjoying this.
And it's not over yet.:toast