PDA

View Full Version : AI season 5

spurs=bling
09-28-2005, 07:54 PM
'Idol' Gets In Gear for Its Fifth Season

September 28, 2005
"American Idol" has been out on the road since August 18, when it launched the search for the guys and gals who will compete in the fifth season of TV's No. 1 talent competition. Thousands of hopefuls have been flexing their vocal chords in hopes of becoming the next KELLY CLARKSON, RUBEN STUDDARD or CARRIE UNDERWOOD.

ET is with PAULA ABDUL, RANDY JACKSON, SIMON COWELL and RYAN SEACREST when the three judges and the show host head out on the road to decide just which of the thousands of crooners gets a ticket to Hollywood.

"You always try to find someone different each year," Simon says. "I was worried that we were going to get a lot of blonde girls trying to be Carrie Underwood. The second person we saw was like a clone of Carrie."

And Randy agrees, commenting, "We are trying to find someone unique. We are always trying to find someone different, but that has great, great talent."

"I feel bad when they are a little delusional and don't realize that they don't hear what we hear," Paula contributes. "So it is a little unnerving. I feel bad when they are good singers, but they are missing an element that they don't understand that they are missing. You either come in and wow the judges or you don't."

The Memphis auditions had to be cancelled due to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, but Greensboro, NC, and Las Vegas, NV, have been added to this season's audition tour. Auditions will be held at the Greensboro Coliseum on Monday, Oct. 3, and the Las Vegas Convention Center on Monday, Oct. 10. So if you think you have what it takes to be the next FANTASIA, these two cities are your last chance to try out for season five.

But keep in mind what Randy says, "It is the fifth season. Everyone has seen who America has voted for. Dude, if you don't come close to that, what are you doing?"

Tune in to ET tonight to get the judges' take on what we can expect from the next group of "American Idol" wannabes, when the reality series returns to FOX in January 2006.

Will it be the guys or the gals who rule this season?

yo hf3 go sign up :lol

tw05baller
09-28-2005, 08:23 PM
they need another william hung

spurs=bling
09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
they need another william hung
:lmao
hf3 should be the next william hung :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
09-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Edit: Nevermind lol

tw05baller
09-28-2005, 08:48 PM
kelly klarkson
rueben stutter
fantasia burrito
kerri underwood

Edit: ohh ok

spurs=bling
09-28-2005, 08:52 PM
add HF3 on that list. :lol

Sonia_TX
09-28-2005, 10:40 PM
kelly klarkson
rueben stutter
fantasia burrito
kerri underwood

Edit: ohh ok

Ok are you joking with this or do you really NOT know how to spell?

Horry For 3!
09-28-2005, 10:56 PM
:lmao
hf3 should be the next william hung :lol
huh, American Idol sucks

spurs=bling
09-28-2005, 10:56 PM
huh, American Idol sucks
:lol :depressed

Horry For 3!
09-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Actually the only good thing about American Idol, is the try-outs so you can laugh at all the people makin fools of theirselves

spurs=bling
09-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Actually the only good thing about American Idol, is the try-outs so you can laugh at all the people makin fools of theirselves

yeah and everyone here at spurstalk could hear you sing on tv.
but noo you don't want to. :depressed

Horry For 3!
09-28-2005, 11:06 PM
yeah and everyone here at spurstalk could hear you sing on tv.
but noo you don't want to. :depressed
I do not want to make it on American Idol....:lol

spurs=bling
09-28-2005, 11:07 PM
I do not want to make it on American Idol....:lol
loser :td