PDA

View Full Version : 41 vs 73

spurs10
04-09-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm sure we've all heard our team's mantra we don't "care" and I don't think it's a big deal to them. Still I don't see us forfeiting the games- we've always played hard at home. GSW has been plenty vocal about how much it means to them and I hope they wear themselves out. Just wonder if we will be playing possum a bit and simply sizing them up. Game 41 might be even more interesting, as we are looking to see OKC soon after.
:flag:

MVPCues
04-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Personally, I think whoever Pop plays will be trying extremely hard on Sunday. The question is how bad Pop will want it and how long he sticks with the starters if they play at all.

Obstructed_View
04-09-2016, 03:10 PM
It'd be nice to see the Spurs take something seriously just to see if they can. At least Pop hasn't given them excuses to lose against the Warriors this year.

spurs10
04-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Personally, I think whoever Pop plays will be trying extremely hard on Sunday. The question is how bad Pop will want it and how long he sticks with the starters if they play at all. I think so as well and think it will go unspoken.

It'd be nice to see the Spurs take something seriously just to see if they can. At least Pop hasn't given them excuses to lose against the Warriors this year. Yes indeed. I think 39-0 is amazing in itself and speaks volumes about this team.

RD2191
04-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Ok

hater
04-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Meaningless

spurs10
04-09-2016, 04:02 PM
Meaningless
If you put any regular season wins above winning it all....yeah. They are not mutually exclusive though and I go to a lot of games....winning is always better than losing. The rest of the season will only have as much meaning for the playoffs as in how it makes us better.

spurs10
04-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Ok :flag: Well one of those records is toast tomorrow. GSW is going for it...will be interesting if we do. :flag:

UNT Eagles 2016
04-09-2016, 07:44 PM
If the Grizzlies win tonight, pretty much guarantees the Dublets rest tomorrow. Go Grizzlies

spursistan
04-09-2016, 07:49 PM
If the Grizzlies win tonight, pretty much guarantees the Dublets rest tomorrow. Go Grizzlies
Dublets have hard on for the Spurs..we've become cupcake matchup for them..scrub teams like Memphis/Wolves scoring in bunches while we seem to struggle offensively :lol

spurs10
04-09-2016, 08:07 PM
If the Grizzlies win tonight, pretty much guarantees the Dublets rest tomorrow. Go Grizzlies Go Grizz!!

PopTheGOAT
04-09-2016, 09:37 PM
OKC game will be battle between second units tbh, so Spurs should have that one

DMC
04-09-2016, 09:42 PM
I would LOVE to see Pop sit his starters at home. That would send the biggest "fuck you" to the league, the media, Jordan, everyone. If they all play they'll just be risking getting someone injured to do what exactly? Prevent the RS record or go perfect at home? Big fucking deal. I'll take the 40 -1.

siraulo23
04-09-2016, 10:45 PM
i hope the spurs win tomorrow vs the warriors for obvious reasons but lose vs OKC so media doesnt talk about that shit every playoff game in SA

SAGirl
04-09-2016, 10:55 PM
Personally, I think whoever Pop plays will be trying extremely hard on Sunday. The question is how bad Pop will want it and how long he sticks with the starters if they play at all.
^ This whoever plays will want to win, but what Pop's plan is will not necessarily reveal anything we haven't seen already.
Personally, I just want guys to stay healthy and get their rhythm.

spursistan
04-09-2016, 11:01 PM
^ This whoever plays will want to win, but what Pop's plan is will not necessarily reveal anything we haven't seen already.
Personally, I just want guys to stay healthy and get their rhythm.
Should we beat the Warriors, I could see Pop throwing the last home game to 2nd stringers( Kyle/Boba..co) and put pressure on them to bring 41-0 :lol..OKC will likely be resting their stars in the last game..

soxxx
04-09-2016, 11:01 PM
Give Golden State the 73 wins, they would then be under immense pressure to win the finals. 41-0 is a cool record but who really cares? no one talks about best home records, heck I had to look up who had the best home record and it was apparently the 85-86 Celtics, no one cares.

spurs10
04-10-2016, 12:05 AM
I don't think Pop will say a word about how to approach the game. i think our team is going to punch them in the face.

Budkin
04-10-2016, 12:09 AM
I don't think Pop will say a word about how to approach the game. i think our team is going to punch them in the face.

I was thinking that too until I realized Diaw wasn't playing. Gonna be tough without him but I think our guys are as tired of their bullshit as everyone else. We owe them.

spurs10
04-10-2016, 12:27 AM
I was thinking that too until I realized Diaw wasn't playing. Gonna be tough without him but I think our guys are as tired of their bullshit as everyone else. We owe them. Didn't know Bobo was still out. All the more good reason to knock'em out.

SAGirl
04-10-2016, 12:40 AM
Should we beat the Warriors, I could see Pop throwing the last home game to 2nd stringers( Kyle/Boba..co) and put pressure on them to bring 41-0 :lol..OKC will likely be resting their stars in the last game..
Yes I can see that too. He's letting them close out games that are still on the line and keeps finding ways to put them in simulated pressure situations to push them.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 12:41 AM
Didn't know Bobo was still out. All the more good reason to knock'em out.
Anderson is going to have to score on Bogut and Green in the post... ugh.

spurs10
04-10-2016, 01:21 AM
Anderson is going to have to score on Bogut and Green in the post... ugh.
Yeah it's a funny thing what a difference Boris makes against this team. Just hope he won't be out long. Haven't really read anything about his condition yet and I'm sure they aren't saying much. Ugh is right!

webshad
04-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Give Golden State the 73 wins, they would then be under immense pressure to win the finals. 41-0 is a cool record but who really cares? no one talks about best home records, heck I had to look up who had the best home record and it was apparently the 85-86 Celtics, no one cares.

:lol funny

04-10-2016, 11:46 AM
It appears I'm in the minority when I say I want that 41-0 home record.

I especially don't want GS to be the team to spoil it.

will_spurs
04-10-2016, 12:25 PM

I especially don't want GS to be the team to spoil it.

If a record seems within reach, why not try to grab it?

Death In June
04-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Momentum going into the playoffs is nice. Dropping to .500 in their last 10 games would be a little worrisome. But, the more interesting streak is protecting home court against that team since the mid 90s. Let them believe it's impossible to win in San Antonio.

spurs10
04-10-2016, 01:46 PM

I especially don't want GS to be the team to spoil it. I'm not sure you are in the minority. I see no good reason not to protect home court and get in playoff playing condition. We limped into the playoffs last year- lost the last game and lost HCA. It didn't work out so well. I hope to see us play hard, protect home-court, and if we make history on the way- right on. I'm aware our 2 seed is set and am thinking more of getting our rhythm and winning mindset going.

As for GSW I'd like to quote the boxing coach Cus D'Amato, "Everybody's got a plan...until they get punched in the face." :ihit
Metaphorically speaking of course! :bobo

BillMc
04-10-2016, 01:58 PM
I'd like the record. And I'd like to prevent GS from getting the record, no lies. But I want a ring for our guys more. So, I guess, I want to see them go for it tonight but if Pop plays it conservatively, I'll begrudgingly accept it. (What choice do we have? :lol)

BillMc
04-10-2016, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure you are in the minority. I see no good reason not to protect home court and get in playoff playing condition. We limped into the playoffs last year- lost the last game and lost HCA. It didn't work out so well. I hope to see us play hard, protect home-court, and if we make history on the way- right on. I'm aware our 2 seed is set and am thinking more of getting our rhythm and winning mindset going.

As for GSW I'd like to quote the boxing coach Cus D'Amato, "Everybody's got a plan...until they get punched in the face." :ihit
Metaphorically speaking of course! :bobo

This.

spurs10
04-10-2016, 02:33 PM
I'd like the record. And I'd like to prevent GS from getting the record, no lies. But I want a ring for our guys more. So, I guess, I want to see them go for it tonight but if Pop plays it conservatively, I'll begrudgingly accept it. (What choice do we have? :lol) I'm with you Bill! I'm thinking if this were the playoffs Bobo might be playing- so I don't think Pop is going to take any chances. Let's hope he let's them play - and as you say doesn't "play it too conservatively."

Gummi Clutch
04-10-2016, 03:25 PM
You guys are sucha bunch of defeatist faggots.

Spurtacular
04-10-2016, 03:44 PM
IMO, Spurs need this one for psychological leverage.