JohnnyMax
04-09-2016, 03:57 PM

Budkin
04-09-2016, 04:11 PM
They are going for the record.

GSH
04-10-2016, 12:43 AM
They are going for the record.

I hope they get it. That would make it all that much sweeter if they get knocked out short of the Championship. Since I'm hoping they fall, I might as well hope they fall really hard.

I'm not one to hope for a player to get injured. But if one of the Warriors' starters gets knocked out in an unnecessary game, because they were worried about a stupid record? Kerr will go down as one of the stupidest fucking coaches in history. And I'd laugh my ass off, because I can't stand that little prick - I don't care if he did play for the Spurs.

He's gambling a LOT on a regular-season record. It's stupid. And if nothing bad happens, it just means he's lucky, not that he's a good coach.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 12:45 AM
I hope they get it. That would make it all that much sweeter if they get knocked out short of the Championship. Since I'm hoping they fall, I might as well hope they fall really hard.

I'm not one to hope for a player to get injured. But if one of the Warriors' starters gets knocked out in an unnecessary game, because they were worried about a stupid record? Kerr will go down as one of the stupidest fucking coaches in history. And I'd laugh my ass off, because I can't stand that little prick - I don't care if he did play for the Spurs.

He's gambling a LOT on a regular-season record. It's stupid. And if nothing bad happens, it just means he's lucky, not that he's a good coach.
Do you think we win that game 7 in SA if Dirk comes back healthy? I think the Mavs ride that momentum into SA and crush us, sweep the Nets and Cuban gets his ring 8 years early. Eh.

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 01:02 AM
Do you think we win that game 7 in SA if Dirk comes back healthy? I think the Mavs ride that momentum into SA and crush us, sweep the Nets and Cuban gets his ring 8 years early. Eh.

Dirk was terrible defensively in that series, it was the equivalent of the Cavs losing Love.:wakeup

daslicer
04-10-2016, 01:13 AM

Spurs would have still won that series. '03 Duncan was at his best no way the Spurs lose game 7 plus Robinson was still quick and fast enough to guard Dirk.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Dirk was terrible defensively in that series, it was the equivalent of the Cavs losing Love.:wakeup
It doesn't matter. It's Dirk. The Mavs that year were the equivalent of this year's Warriors until they completely choked their 10+ game lead over us in the second half of the season or so. They were mighty, mighty capable.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 01:17 AM
Spurs would have still won that series. '03 Duncan was at his best no way the Spurs lose game 7 plus Robinson was still quick and fast enough to guard Dirk.
The Spurs were kind of ghastly that year (particularly on offense) once you got past Tim. Really one of the most surprising title runs ever, made possible in part by the Mavs' collapse, the Lakers being bored after winning the last 3 titles (and Shaq's toe problems that year), the myriad of Kings' injuries, the East being lousier than ever... etc.

daslicer
04-10-2016, 01:28 AM
The Spurs were kind of ghastly that year (particularly on offense) once you got past Tim. Really one of the most surprising title runs ever, made possible in part by the Mavs' collapse, the Lakers being bored after winning the last 3 titles (and Shaq's toe problems that year), the myriad of Kings' injuries, the East being lousier than ever... etc.

You are implying the Spurs were lucky and I disagree with that notion. Spurs threw away game 1 in that Mavs series by screwing around. They should have been up in that series originally 2-0 if they didn't botch up the first game in which they blew a double digit lead. Mav fans never complain about that series because even they know it was only close because the spurs fucked around a lot in the games they lost. Both losses the Spurs suffered were from blowing leads. Also the Lakers being bored is a bunch of bs they were always super motivated against the Spurs. Shaq also had the toe problem in '02 and I remember it because he brought it up 50 times in the '02 spurs series just to slight Duncan's first MVP award so I'm not buying that bs argument. The Spurs nearly beat the lakers in '02 the difference in '03 was the Spurs had Jax,Ginobili, which gave the spurs enough fire power to beat them considering in the '02 playoffs they lost every game by a margin of a few points. Spurs owned the Kings during the regular season and they matched up better with the kings than the Lakers. Bowen always shut down Peja and Tim owned Webber. You must have been 5 years old during that run.

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 01:32 AM
It doesn't matter. It's Dirk. The Mavs that year were the equivalent of this year's Warriors until they completely choked their 10+ game lead over us in the second half of the season or so. They were mighty, mighty capable.

:lmao

The Mavs almost blew a 3-0 lead to the BABY Z-Bo led Jail Blazers & needed 7 games against a Kings squad that lost Webber in Gm 2. (Van Exel had to play in God Mode to pull it out)

Besides, we're talking about the same Dirk that got handled 1-on-1 by Haslem & Stephen Jackson/Barnes before Carlisle/Kidd showed him the way. They lost 4-1 to a Bibby led team despite having Walker/Jamison/Nash/Finley/Dirk.

Spurtacular
04-10-2016, 01:34 AM
Warriors want Duncan on the court, I guess.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 01:40 AM
You are implying the Spurs were lucky and I disagree with that notion. Spurs threw away game 1 in that Mavs series by screwing around. They should have been up in that series originally 2-0 if they didn't botch up the first game in which they blew a double digit lead. Mav fans never complain about that series because even they know it was only close because the spurs fucked around a lot in the games they lost. Both losses the Spurs suffered were from blowing leads. Also the Lakers being bored is a bunch of bs they were always super motivated against the Spurs. Shaq also had the toe problem in '02 and I remember it because he brought it up 50 times in the '02 spurs series just to slight Duncan's first MVP award so I'm not buying that bs argument. The Spurs nearly beat the lakers in '02 the difference in '03 was the Spurs had Jax,Ginobili, which gave the spurs enough fire power to beat them considering in the '02 playoffs they lost every game by a margin of a few points. Spurs owned the Kings during the regular season and they matched up better with the kings than the Lakers. Bowen always shut down Peja and Tim owned Webber. You must have been 5 years old during that run.
I was 8, then turned 9 in March 2003. Jax, Manu, Tony were all exciting and awesome at times but inconsistent turnover machines at other times. The main thing we had going for us was the team rallying around David due to it being his last year. But the year had quite a few tumults and tribulations, particularly from November thru January. Kings won the first game of the season series that year, by at least 20 on our home court. We had a bunch of other bad losses that year, like blowing a 19 point 4th quarter lead at home to the lowly Sonics (Brent Barry beat us with the game winning shot), blowing a 14 point mid 4th quarter lead to the godawful pre-Carmelo Nuggets in Denver, losing both times to the Knicks despite having solid double digit leads in the second half, losing in Atlanta to the atrocious Hawks (Jet Terry beat us), in Golden State to the Warriors who had nobody, to the lowly Clippers in LA... just too many bad losses to count on both hands combined.

It was a really thrilling and unexpected run. Nobody really expected anything out of the Spurs in the first few months of the season, analysts all kinda thought of us as "just another team in the mix", expecting us to bow out in the 2nd round or so per par. That was part of what made the spring surge so amazing.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 01:51 AM
:lmao

The Mavs almost blew a 3-0 lead to the BABY Z-Bo led Jail Blazers & needed 7 games against a Kings squad that lost Webber in Gm 2. (Van Exel had to play in God Mode to pull it out)

Besides, we're talking about the same Dirk that got handled 1-on-1 by Haslem & Stephen Jackson/Barnes before Carlisle/Kidd showed him the way. They lost 4-1 to a Bibby led team despite having Walker/Jamison/Nash/Finley/Dirk.
Ummmmmmmmm......... How old are you? Z-Bo was a reserve power forward who barely played any meaningful rotation minutes... In case you do not remember, those teams were "led" by the likes of Rasheed Wallace, Bonzi Wells, Damon Stoudamire, Scottie Pippen and Arvydas Sabonis... when 'Sheed needed a breather, the Blazers were more likely to go smallish with one of Ruben Patterson or Qyntel Woods off the bench as opposed to Randolph. Randolph and Patterson actually got into a fist fight near the end of that season. :lol

SAGirl
04-10-2016, 02:21 AM
Warriors want Duncan on the court, I guess.
I though the same. Saving Bogut for TD.

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 02:22 AM
Ummmmmmmmm......... How old are you? Z-Bo was a reserve power forward who barely played any meaningful rotation minutes... In case you do not remember, those teams were "led" by the likes of Rasheed Wallace, Bonzi Wells, Damon Stoudamire, Scottie Pippen and Arvydas Sabonis... when 'Sheed needed a breather, the Blazers were more likely to go smallish with one of Ruben Patterson or Qyntel Woods off the bench as opposed to Randolph. Randolph and Patterson actually got into a fist fight near the end of that season. :lol

Dumbass, that was Z-Bo's coming out party & he was the reason for the Blazers making it a series after being inserted into the starting line-up.

Fireball
04-10-2016, 02:27 AM
Duncan will not play tonight

SAGirl
04-10-2016, 02:53 AM
Duncan will not play tonight
Is that a guess?

Fireball
04-10-2016, 03:46 AM
Is that a guess?

yeah ... I just do not see Pop playing him 3 games in 4 nights ... with Diaw still out it might be possible, but given how bad Timmy looked against the Dubs I would try some other things ...

Budkin
04-10-2016, 12:49 PM
yeah ... I just do not see Pop playing him 3 games in 4 nights ... with Diaw still out it might be possible, but given how bad Timmy looked against the Dubs I would try some other things ...

Timmy has a ton of pride. He wants these fuckers tonight.