PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green is F'ing terrible.

thispego
04-10-2016, 07:38 PM
If you can't hit spot up 3's, Danny, you are a liability and worthless to the team

midnightpulp
04-10-2016, 07:53 PM
But his defense and RPM metrics :cry

LongtimeSpursFan
04-10-2016, 08:03 PM
And some people said he was worth 12-15 million a year. 3D player that can't hit a three

DeRozan m8
04-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Yep, time to offload this contract in the offseason

midnightpulp
04-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Yeah, but the metrics!

midnightpulp
04-10-2016, 08:05 PM
And :lol he'll get a pass this game from the usuals while Parker is skewered.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Sucks, they have a 0% chance of winning anything with this version of Green, unfortunately..

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2016, 08:10 PM
That club he's gonna be at with Draymond after the game boutta be LIT

spurs10
04-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Sucks, they have a 0% chance of winning anything with this version of Green, unfortunately.. Truth

midnightpulp
04-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Sucks, they have a 0% chance of winning anything with this version of Green, unfortunately..

I wonder how Chinook will spin this.

As I've said, and now am being proven right on, Danny is a D-League level talent, but his tremendous work ethic, character, and teaching by the Spurs org. got him much, much further than players of comparable ability typically go, which is to the Euroleague or China.

webshad
04-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Popovich gave the game away with that lineup starting the 4th QTR. :depressed

timtonymanu
04-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Not gonna lie. This is very discouraging from Green. Spurs might as well lose in the 2nd round if he's going to keep playing like this.

SouthernFried
04-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Parker and Green are both terrible on Offense.

You cannot win much, when both your guards don't score.

mexicanjunior
04-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Amnesty that motherfucker...he is Dleaguer masquerading as an NBA player. We are the idiots that resigned him though.

Chomag
04-10-2016, 08:13 PM
He rather go clubbing then work on his game

thispego
04-10-2016, 08:14 PM
Spurs are weak

midnightpulp
Parker and Green are both terrible on Offense.

You cannot win much, when both your guards don't score.

So are Mills and Manu.

The whole perimeter/backcourt is burning garbage offensively aside from Leonard, who can't seem to carry the load without help.

davi78239
Trade this summer. He'll be back on the block .Book it .

AZK619
04-10-2016, 08:15 PM
He is garbage, trade him for a PG

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 08:16 PM
I wonder how Chinook will spin this.

As I've said, and now am being proven right on, Danny is a D-League level talent, but his tremendous work ethic, character, and teaching by the Spurs org. got him much, much further than players of comparable ability typically go, which is to the Euroleague or China.

Meh, there's nothing complicated about it..

He went from being a perennial high-volume 40% 3-point shooter and a 45% playoff shooter to a 32% 3-point shooter, which makes him a liability on offense..nothing else has changed..

I don't know if I've ever seen a shooter forget how to shoot to this extent, it's puzzling and mind-boggling..

UZER
04-10-2016, 08:18 PM
And :lol he'll get a pass this game from the usuals while Parker is skewered.

As he should. Nobody even guards him on the Pick n rolls. He actually helps the D when they set a pick for him because he lets the D sagg. And he has no business being the guy making the entry pass to the post for the same reason. 14 years in the league and still can't pull up off a screen consistently.

Keepin' it real
04-10-2016, 08:20 PM
But his defense and RPM metrics :cry

SouthernFried
04-10-2016, 08:21 PM
So are Mills and Manu.

The whole perimeter/backcourt is burning garbage offensively aside from Leonard, who can't seem to carry the load without help.

Manu and Mills are better than Parker and Green. And Parker and Green are our starting guards.

Thing is, everyone knows Parker can score. There is something else going on here, imho.

midnightpulp
04-10-2016, 08:22 PM

He went from being a perennial high-volume 40% 3-point shooter and a 45% playoff shooter to a 32% 3-point shooter, which makes him a liability on offense..nothing else has changed..

I don't know if I've ever seen a shooter forget how to shoot to this extent, it's puzzling and mind-boggling..

You have to remember that "perennial" as related to Green is 3 seasons (as a key Spurs rotation player). As we know, the differences between shitty players, role players, and stars is the ability to do it season after season, consistently, for a decade or more. Great role players like Fisher, Horry (aside from '04 :cry), etc didn't have these kind of Green type fluctuations.

Teams have either adjusted now that they have a 3 good seasons worth of film on him, or he mentally couldn't handle the pressure of that contract and expectations. Probably a bit of both.

Chris
04-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Get his 3 blocked by Raymond in garbage time :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2016, 08:24 PM
No one is taking that drunk fucking scrub from us :lmao

3 more years of D-League Danny

Chris
04-10-2016, 08:25 PM
D-League Danny

:lol

tholdren
04-10-2016, 08:25 PM
And some people said he was worth 12-15 million a year. 3D player that can't hit a three

Chinook

AZK619
04-10-2016, 08:27 PM
he is going to be clubbing with the Splash Twinks, no big deal for him

tholdren

It's typical for players to think they made it, slack on work, then fall off. You were fooled. I was not. Sorry broseph

HarlemHeat37
You have to remember that "perennial" as related to Green is 3 seasons (as a key Spurs rotation player). As we know, the differences between shitty players, role players, and stars is the ability to do it season after season, consistently, for a decade or more. Great role players like Fisher, Horry (aside from '04 :cry), etc didn't have these kind of Green type fluctuations.

Teams have either adjusted now that they have a 3 good seasons worth of film on him, or he mentally couldn't handle the pressure of that contract and expectations. Probably a bit of both.

His % of open looks is the same as previous seasons, tbh..teams wouldn't just randomly adjust to him all of a sudden after he's done it for 3 seasons, including high-profile playoff runs..

Maybe it's the pressure of the contract, it's quite possible, in addition to the change in playing style..I don't think it has anything to do with opposing teams adjusting, though, there's nothing that supports that..I've seen fluctuations to a similar extent(Derek Fisher shot under 30% from 3 after a stretch of 40s IIRC and bounced back), so we'll see if his shot bounces back or if it's going to be a permanent decline(which is also something we've seen from other players and quite possible)..

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 08:30 PM
It's typical for players to think they made it, slack on work, then fall off. You were fooled. I was not. Sorry broseph

You were saying the same shit when he was shooting 40% from 3, which is just illogical:lol..nobody passes up a 40+% shooter that plays defense and rebounds, it's one of the most desired traits in today's NBA..

If the Spurs want to trade Green, they could easily do it in today's analytically-minded league IMO..they won't trade him, though, it makes more sense to bank on his shot returning, especially with the cap blowing up..

mexicanjunior
04-10-2016, 08:31 PM
No one will take that piece of shit off our hands, he needs to be waived ASAP...

Mikeanaro
04-10-2016, 08:31 PM
:lol Cantinflas

tholdren
04-10-2016, 08:33 PM
You were saying the same shit when he was shooting 40% from 3, which is just illogical:lol..nobody passes up a 40+% shooter that plays defense and rebounds, it's one of the most desired traits in today's NBA..

If the Spurs want to trade Green, they could easily do it in today's analytically-minded league IMO..they won't trade him, though, it makes more sense to bank on his shot returning, especially with the cap blowing up..
Right, I was saying he was a one dimensional turd being masked by a great defensive scheme. So you were fooled and I was not

midnightpulp
04-10-2016, 08:34 PM
His % of open looks is the same as previous seasons, tbh..teams wouldn't just randomly adjust to him all of a sudden after he's done it for 3 seasons, including high-profile playoff runs..

Maybe it's the pressure of the contract, it's quite possible, in addition to the change in playing style..I don't think it has anything to do with opposing teams adjusting, though, there's nothing that supports that..I've seen fluctuations to a similar extent(Derek Fisher shot under 30% from 3 after a stretch of 40s IIRC and bounced back), so we'll see if his shot bounces back or if it's going to be a permanent decline(which is also something we've seen from other players and quite possible)..

Also, his shot looks mechanically bad. He's drifting on a lot them.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Right, I was saying he was a one dimensional turd being masked by a great defensive scheme. So you were fooled and I was not

The great defensive scheme that falls off significantly when he's off the floor:lol

Everybody already knew that he can't dribble or create for himself, that's nothing new..the only difference is the shooting, which is what he's paid to do, and now he can't do it anymore..

FYI, he was really solid vs. the Warriors in the previous 2 games, hopefully the Spurs get more of that, as opposed to his pathetic performance tonight..maybe he was hungover:lol

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-10-2016, 08:36 PM
As others have already said on here, he's too busy clubbing to get his shit together. He'll probably post pics of himself shitfaced on Twitter tonight. fucking unreal

still.focused
04-10-2016, 08:37 PM

He was after the previous 2 yrs
The guy they paid isnt the same guy that showed up this yr

dbestpro
04-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Danny Green is Jarren Jackson 2.0. Big pay equals poor play.

tholdren
04-10-2016, 08:39 PM
The great defensive scheme that falls off significantly when he's off the floor:lol

Everybody already knew that he can't dribble or create for himself, that's nothing new..the only difference is the shooting, which is what he's paid to do, and now he can't do it anymore..

FYI, he was really solid vs. the Warriors in the previous 2 games, hopefully the Spurs get more of that, as opposed to his pathetic performance tonight..maybe he was hungover:lol

No it doesnt. You think it does because you take who fanny matches up against at the beginning of the game to make analysis. You fail to take into account when he gets scored on or he doesn't rotate,etc. Why I kept posting in the game thread when he did give up PTs.

Keep using analytics and you'll keep turds like green.

In the end, I was correct, and you were wrong. It's all about character. Green is the weak link on the spurs in that category as well.

tmtcsc
04-10-2016, 08:41 PM
I've been saying this shit all year long. F'ing terrible.

Budkin
04-10-2016, 08:41 PM
TDN tbh

ElNono
04-10-2016, 08:42 PM
@Woj
Danny Green has been playing with an injured wrist all season long from spinning turntables...

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 08:42 PM
No it doesnt. You think it does because you take who fanny matches up against at the beginning of the game to make analysis. You fail to take into account when he gets scored on or he doesn't rotate,etc. Why I kept posting in the game thread when he did give up PTs.

Keep using analytics and you'll keep turds like green.

In the end, I was correct, and you were wrong. It's all about character. Green is the weak link on the spurs in that category as well.

Um, no, you've been extremely wrong for years, bro:lol..he was a starter for a Finals team and a championship team..

Trying to claim a W in 2016 for something you've been saying since 2012 about a player that was a key starter on 2 Finals teams and a title team is one of the biggest reaches I've ever seen on this forum, tbh..

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2016, 08:43 PM
@Woj
Danny Green has been playing with an injured wrist all season long from spinning turntables...
Chingo Bling needs to hit that **** with a bottle at Club Rio

K...
04-10-2016, 08:43 PM
no man, matty B gave the cursed iphone 6

Atl Spur
04-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Backcourt outscored 51-6! Wow...... NO HEART!!!

tholdren
04-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Um, no, you've been extremely wrong for years, bro:lol..he was a starter for a Finals team and a championship team..

Trying to claim a W in 2016 for something you've been saying since 2012 about a player that was a key starter on 2 Finals teams and a title team is one of the biggest reaches I've ever seen on this forum, tbh..
I was correct about green. You were wrong. Living in the past ain't cool bro

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 08:48 PM
I was correct about green. You were wrong. Living in the past ain't cool bro

Yes, you were right that Green would never be a key starter on a championship team:lol..good call, tbh..

RD2191
04-10-2016, 08:49 PM
Our shooting guard cant shoot.

Taking it to the Hole
04-10-2016, 08:51 PM
In Parker and Green's defense, all of our guards sucked tonight. Patty couldn't hit a shot and Kelvin "Instant Offense" Martin wasn't much better. When your whole backcourt sucks your not going to win that many games. I saw no heart tonight in this team. Usually our vets are there to steady us but tonight everyone looked afraid even DWest. Pathetic performance.

tholdren
04-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Yes, you were right that Green would never be a key starter on a championship team:lol..good call, tbh..

Link or didn't happen

DeRozan m8
04-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Backcourt outscored 51-6! Wow...... NO HEART!!!

Exactly.

Green and Parker are fucking pathetic.

This pathetic duo will ensure we don't win a ring anytime soon tbh

RD2191
04-10-2016, 08:58 PM
:lol Cantinflas

Soy barrendero

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Link or didn't happen

Seriously?

tholdren
04-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Seriously?
No. Go trump.

ElNono
04-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Danny got paid and he's living the life, tbh, can't complain about that...

Funny too because that shit happens to a lot of players in a lot of teams, but the Spurs have been dodging that bullet for a while... until now I guess...

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Mails it in better than UPS, tbh

Mikeanaro
04-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Soy barrendero
:lmao
El viejo Popovich me paga por barrer el AT&T, y luego me permite jugar con sus Spurs.

Keepin' it real
04-10-2016, 09:03 PM
No one will take that piece of shit off our hands, he needs to be waived ASAP...

I was thinking the Spurs might do just that. There's no point in keeping him. His confidence is gone, making him an extreme liability.

spurs10
04-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Hey everybody Danny has been partying pretty damn hard this season and doesn't need everyone coming down on his ass. It's not like he's being paid millions of dollars to play for the Spurs! Danny don't let the haters stop you from being yourself! :cooldevil I hope you and Draymond tear it up tonight. :elephant

Keepin' it real
04-10-2016, 09:04 PM

Funny too because that shit happens to a lot of players in a lot of teams, but the Spurs have been dodging that bullet for a while... until now I guess...

Jaren Jackson 2.0

tholdren
04-10-2016, 09:05 PM

Wait, you mean green is not professional, immature, and not a fit for spurs?

Mikeanaro
04-10-2016, 09:06 PM

Well yeah, but he is expendable too and Spurs operated with lot of time to right that mexican pessimist ship.

DeRozan m8
04-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Mails it in better than UPS, tbh

Your track record of supporting losers....

You'll always put an idiot ahead of the team

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2016, 09:11 PM
Your track record of supporting losers....

You'll always put an idiot ahead of the team
I made ST aware of his clubbing ways, fuck you talking about Aussie

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Is Danny still on social media, tbh? My nigga needs to get on the Aldridge plan and turn that shit off..

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 09:20 PM
fucking Demarco Murray of the NBA

fuck this shit

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Most overpaid douche in pro sports history

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 09:28 PM

2014 Thabo is one that comes to mind for a spot-up shooter & 2003 Horry for a playoff proven shooter.

DMC
04-10-2016, 09:31 PM
Popovich gave the game away with that lineup starting the 4th QTR. :depressed
Which is what Pop wanted you to think. He was going to lose. Might as well do it with an overt display of laissez-faire attitude.

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Derek Fisher shot under 30% from 3 after a stretch of 40s IIRC and bounced back), so we'll see if his shot bounces back or if it's going to be a permanent decline(which is also something we've seen from other players and quite possible)..

Fisher declined when he had to come off the bench thus couldn't get the same looks he was feasting on playing w/ Shaq.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Lol the loss is a blessing in disguise, and 100% meaningless, all this did was ramp up the pressure on the Warriors and take pressure off of us, anyone who cant see that is a fool

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 09:36 PM
2014 Thabo is one that comes to mind for a spot-up shooter & 2003 Horry for a playoff proven shooter.

I thought of Thabo, but he only had 1 40+% shooting season that also had high volume..the rest were less than 2 3PA/g

I've been looking up some shooting numbers of key role players of the past, only found 2 decent examples, so far:

Fisher: 39.7%, 41.3%, 40.1% then had an atrocious 29.1% for 1 season and subsequently reverted to positive shooting in the next few years
Jr Smith: 39%, 40.3%, 39.7% then a 33% season

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Jr Smith: 39%, 40.3%, 39.7% then a 33% season

I thought of JR too but he takes terrible shots & isn't necessarily a spotup shooter. He has been zigging & zagging his entire career.:lol

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 09:47 PM
I thought of JR too but he takes terrible shots & isn't necessarily a spotup shooter. He has been zigging & zagging his entire career.:lol

Ya, I'm not sure if there's a precedent..like you said, Fisher's down season came when he transitioned to a bench role..

It's definitely not something that has occurred more than a handful of times in the 3-point era IMO..you can find players that aren't great shooters that had horrible shooting years compared to their career averages(Batum, Ariza, etc) but I'm not sure if you can find a spot-up shooter that went from a consistent high-volume 40+% to a 32% shooter in less than 1 full season..

LongtimeSpursFan
04-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Should have kept Ferrari

spursistan
04-10-2016, 09:53 PM

It boils down to that, tbh..I think he would have had an even more awful year had he bolted elsewhere..The vast decline of his FT shooting (87 to 75) is also another sign that someone isn't putting enough work in the gym..

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Ya, I'm not sure if there's a precedent..like you said, Fisher's down season came when he transitioned to a bench role..

It's definitely not something that has occurred more than a handful of times in the 3-point era IMO..you can find players that aren't great shooters that had horrible shooting years compared to their career averages(Batum, Ariza, etc) but I'm not sure if you can find a spot-up shooter that went from a consistent high-volume 40+% to a 32% shooter in less than 1 full season..

Batum was injured last season; Ariza was an overrated shooter b/c his his 2009 postseason performance & does tend to go on a drought.

Marco is shooting 30% this season but that has to do w/ the system.:lol

weebo
04-10-2016, 09:57 PM
You can throw patty mills and parker in there too...both are trash vs this team

Gagnrath
04-10-2016, 09:57 PM
I know its a coaches job to try and grow players but the attempt to teach green to dribble was a failure that destroyed his shot somehow as well.... Its just weird.

skulls138
04-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Lol the loss is a blessing in disguise, and 100% meaningless, all this did was ramp up the pressure on the Warriors and take pressure off of us, anyone who cant see that is a foolI wouldnt count on pressure being what it takes to beat GS, thats a fools game. Having said that, I do feel like we still can get better and that we have more to learn from them than they of us.

ElNono
04-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Should have kept Ferrari

to be fair, Ferrrari got paid and did the exact same thing

kobyz
04-10-2016, 10:10 PM
I was the only one who called how it's gonna be after he got the contract while all of you celebrate that contract...

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 10:12 PM
I was the only one who called how it's gonna be after he got the contract while all of you celebrate that contract...

You also said the 2014 Spurs couldn't beat the Heat with Danny Green starting, tbh:lol

dabom
04-10-2016, 10:13 PM
You also said the 2014 Spurs couldn't beat the Heat with Danny Green starting, tbh:lol

K...
04-10-2016, 10:14 PM
it could also be that faggot jimmer destroying the confidence of our shooters, i mean Danny, is explainable, but add mills into the WTF forgot to shoot and then the theory has some legs.

spurspokesman
04-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Dudes confidence is shot.

SAGirl
04-10-2016, 10:48 PM
@Woj
:lmao
Well one of the highest career 3 pts shooters in Bonner had an off year for alleged elbow injury due to cell phone use.
Wow if Danny cost the Spurs a championship due time partying. In reality thought, something has to be going on. It's inexplicable.

Ice009
04-10-2016, 10:49 PM

Neither have I. With everything Green has at his disposal - from world class trainers and a world class shooting coach, plenty of practice time, no other job to go to, I don't think I could ever shoot as bad as Green has this season. It's almost impossible for a shooter as great as he was/is to just drop this far in an 82 game season. It's gotta be mostly mental.

Gagnrath
04-10-2016, 10:54 PM
Does coach pop owe Cpt. Jack an apology?

I begin to question.

Ice009
04-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Would starting Manu at some point during the playoffs be any sort of viable option? Is he rested enough to take on that kind of load?

Nathan89
04-10-2016, 11:01 PM
If we can get some more ball penetration from pf position next year that would be nice. Duncan, LMA, and Green really stall the offense.

SAGirl
04-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Would starting Manu at some point during the playoffs be any sort of viable option? Is he rested enough to take on that kind of load?
He's too old to play major minutes and you gut the bench. Sending DNny to the bench was discussed all season and didn't happen once. He got benched for other guys at times, but never lost his spot.

tholdren
04-11-2016, 05:52 PM
He's too old to play major minutes and you gut the bench. Sending DNny to the bench was discussed all season and didn't happen once. He got benched for other guys at times, but never lost his spot.

Start martin. If green is as good of a defender then he will.bolster the defense of the bench. All the starters would benefit from martin stretching the defense. Spurs are playing 4v5 on offense with green

SAGirl
04-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Start martin. If green is as good of a defender then he will.bolster the defense of the bench. All the starters would benefit from martin stretching the defense. Spurs are playing 4v5 on offense with green
It's a possibility Pop has explored already. The problem with that is that Danny already gets very difficult defensive assignments to begin with covering for Tony. But it's a possibility if Pop feels he can getaway with it and not get burned.

tholdren
04-11-2016, 06:28 PM
It's a possibility Pop has explored already. The problem with that is that Danny already gets very difficult defensive assignments to begin with covering for Tony. But it's a possibility if Pop feels he can getaway with it and not get burned.
Defense isn't the Spurs problem. Danny played no part in good defense last night. Spurs problem, as it has been, is scoring. Danny got beat by anyone and everyone last night. He had a PF iso him and get and and 1. He had all 120 lbs of curry knock him over to get an and 1. The Danny Elite Defense crap is tiresome

Mikeanaro
04-11-2016, 07:21 PM
DG D is kinda passive and his 3 pointer is GOOOOONEEEEE, whats left?

Dancelot
04-11-2016, 10:24 PM
:lol I guess Stephen Jackson was right, he is better than Danny Green.

Ice009
04-11-2016, 10:44 PM
:lol I guess Stephen Jackson was right, he is better than Danny Green.

Stephen was better than him, but not the season that he said he was. That's the main issue I had with Stephen that season. He was playing like one of the worst players in the NBA and he had the audacity to say that he's better than some of the players ahead of him in the rotation. If he actually played anywhere near his best, then yes, his statement would have been correct. At the time he said that, he was darn lucky to even be in the NBA let alone in the Spurs rotation. We saw what happened when he was let go and tried players for the Clippers. He was washed up at that point. I still think he would have cranked it up one more time in the playoffs that season because he's a playoff performer, and that is the main reason that I loved him and wanted him back on the team. No matter what team he's been on, every time that he's made the playoffs, he's usually raised his game. We saw that when he went all out against OKC the season before, so I really do think he could have helped us in the playoffs.

I'd almost take playoff Stephen Jackson over Danny Green right now. DG is missing SJ's mental toughness, and I really do think Danny's problem is mostly mental.

Budkin
04-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Unless he does something notable in the playoffs, he needs to be traded. Enough is enough. I'm tired of defending his performances.

Dancelot
04-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Stephen was better than him, but not the season that he said he was. That's the main issue I had with Stephen that season. He was playing like one of the worst players in the NBA and he had the audacity to say that he's better than some of the players ahead of him in the rotation. If he actually played anywhere near his best, then yes, his statement would have been correct. At the time he said that, he was darn lucky to even be in the NBA let alone in the Spurs rotation. We saw what happened when he was let go and tried players for the Clippers. He was washed up at that point. I still think he would have cranked it up one more time in the playoffs that season because he's a playoff performer, and that is the main reason that I loved him and wanted him back on the team. No matter what team he's been on, every time that he's made the playoffs, he's usually raised his game. We saw that when he went all out against OKC the season before, so I really do think he could have helped us in the playoffs.

I'd almost take playoff Stephen Jackson over Danny Green right now. DG is missing SJ's mental toughness, and I really do think Danny's problem is mostly mental.
:boboWord

DarrinS
04-11-2016, 11:10 PM
I have the strangest feeling that DG is going to be HUGE in these playoffs. Flame me if I'm wrong.

RD2191
04-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Unless he does something notable in the playoffs, he needs to be traded. Enough is enough. I'm tired of defending his performances.
Truth bomb.

Rito3d30
04-12-2016, 02:23 AM

Enough is enough
I'm tired of him missing wide open shots after shots after shots:wakeup

DenialTwist
04-12-2016, 05:53 AM
Tony Parker used to be able to help Danny get open threes because he could find wrinkles in the defense and penetrate into the paint, but 2016 Parker isn't capable of doing this anymore. Danny cannot shoot off the dribble so that initiation of the offense starting with Parker or ball movement from the team is his only hope.

Agloco
04-12-2016, 06:23 AM

this. Most of his shots aren't even close these days.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-12-2016, 06:44 AM

Funnily enough these two are players who have had wild 3 point shooting fluctuations throughout their careers :lol

Rob123
04-12-2016, 08:28 AM
Yeah I think ya'll are missing the bigger picture here. Danny green goes as the point guards go. He has one offensive talent and that's hit shots if he's in rhythm. Unfortunately he's having a hard time getting in rhythm because the balls not coming to him as predictably because he's not open as often. The reason he's not open as often is because a) teams have made it a point to run him off the line, and b) the guards aren't penetrating enough to move the defense like in 2013-2014 which is partly a result of patty and parker sucking and partly a result of our new reliance on the mid range shot.

Basically the team went all in on a new way to play the game when they got LMA and it has left some of the 2014 guys without a purpose in the new offense.

Yes in an ideal world Danny Green would be able to adapt his game and man up but he cant he's a mediocre player with one talent that has fallen by the way side and I'm not sure it's fair to beat up on him for it.

It's the same with Tony Parker, the guy just doesn't have it anymore and it's not quite his fault he's just old and his game could never adapt to his age.

The only guy that's struggling that has all the tools and all the ability to fix it is Kawhi, which is a good thing and a bad thing. We'll find out what he's made of and if he's the real deal over the next year, but if he proves to be nothing more than what he is at this current moment which is a stellar defender and an offensive role player we're going to need to find some more talent to be serious contenders again.

Spurs9
04-12-2016, 09:12 AM
I have the strangest feeling that DG is going to be HUGE in these playoffs. Flame me if I'm wrong.
I'm with you there, DG has been coasting, his time is in the playoffs. He just has to keep shooting them and he will get back to normal. In the 14' run, did he have a good shooting season prior to playoffs? I can't remember. This team needs to get back to the ball movement we had in the championship run. The spurs need to watch some tape. The last few games have just been mostly iso against a good defender. We need to make teams work on defense with ball movement and getting easier looks. Everything against dubs was a grind for the most part the other night. Added with tons of layups and other bad defensive mistakes, we weren't that far off from them as a team. Once we get 2 playoff rounds under us and the guys get in more rhythm, I still think we can win the west.

thispego
04-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Yeah I think ya'll are missing the bigger picture here. Danny green goes as the point guards go. He has one offensive talent and that's hit shots if he's in rhythm. Unfortunately he's having a hard time getting in rhythm because the balls not coming to him as predictably because he's not open as often. The reason he's not open as often is because a) teams have made it a point to run him off the line, and b) the guards aren't penetrating enough to move the defense like in 2013-2014 which is partly a result of patty and parker sucking and partly a result of our new reliance on the mid range shot.

Basically the team went all in on a new way to play the game when they got LMA and it has left some of the 2014 guys without a purpose in the new offense.

Yes in an ideal world Danny Green would be able to adapt his game and man up but he cant he's a mediocre player with one talent that has fallen by the way side and I'm not sure it's fair to beat up on him for it.

It's the same with Tony Parker, the guy just doesn't have it anymore and it's not quite his fault he's just old and his game could never adapt to his age.

The only guy that's struggling that has all the tools and all the ability to fix it is Kawhi, which is a good thing and a bad thing. We'll find out what he's made of and if he's the real deal over the next year, but if he proves to be nothing more than what he is at this current moment which is a stellar defender and an offensive role player we're going to need to find some more talent to be serious contenders again.

Haha blaming others for DG shooting 30% :lol

elemento
04-12-2016, 09:15 AM

I guess we all want you to be right tbh.

FromWayDowntown
04-12-2016, 09:27 AM

xtremesteven33
04-12-2016, 09:49 AM
I think Danny will be fine come playoff time but Pop does have that flexibility to start Ginobili or KMArt if he needs to. Also Danny shouldnt throw a fit about it either. Pop has trusted him all year to prove himself and it looks like he just hasnt shown he could be the Green of old.

palangi
04-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Trade Danny Green to the Lakers who have a ton of cap space and need perimeter players. Get Jordan Clarkson who is a restricted free agent. They have Russell To play the point.

We now have our PG of the future. and can even look to trade Tony.

DJR210
04-12-2016, 01:18 PM
That club he's gonna be at with Draymond after the game boutta be LIT

Hell yeah.. The club is where he's ballinnnnnnnnn

Also.. :lol at the group that thinks this POS is gonna magically turn into himself come playoff time. Dude got paid and retired. He's accomplished his goal.

TheGreatYacht
04-12-2016, 01:26 PM
Hell yeah.. The club is where he's ballinnnnnnnnn

Also.. :lol at the group that thinks this POS is gonna magically turn into himself come playoff time. Dude got paid and retired. He's accomplished his goal.
Someone needs to throw a bottle at this wide open front rim bricking mf :lol

The funniest part about those people is they think he's still an elite defender lmao, dude has mailed it in all season. He dgaf anymore

Brazil
04-12-2016, 01:27 PM
:cry but but we just need him to be a threat :cry

steeledl
04-12-2016, 01:52 PM
If we can get some more ball penetration from pf position next year that would be nice. Duncan, LMA, and Green really stall the offense.

Name some realistic options that fit that mold....

spursistan
04-12-2016, 01:56 PM
judging by his "whipping boy" history, he is real candidate for Pop to sour on in the off-season should his crappy play lead among others to our demise..I wouldn't rule our a trade in the off-season or draft day if PATFO see an upgrade potential in the back-court....

JR3
04-12-2016, 01:56 PM
I'm so fed up with dgreen... He can make it up o me by catching fire in the playoffs. I'll forgive him forever.

San Antonio Slayer
04-12-2016, 02:05 PM
DG can't drop 3 pointers like Neal or Belli but I love how he is able to defend Harden and Curry at home win. shots will fall. we should trust him until he is in the family!

BillMc
04-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Having two elite perimeter defenders is a real advantage and one of the reasons we've come back to contention since 2012. Danny makes mistakes on that end, but he's a real asset overall. Not sure what's happened to his shot. Give him an off season to fix it before contemplating moves.

Budkin
04-12-2016, 02:07 PM
He's basically Hedo Turkoglu in 2004 at this point.

steeledl
04-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Having two elite perimeter defenders is a real advantage and one of the reasons we've come back to contention since 2012. Danny makes mistakes on that end, but he's a real asset overall. Not sure what's happened to his shot. Give him an off season to fix it before contemplating moves.

This is team needs to improve this offseason . Parker will regress further.... We can't have a Danny green Parker back court next year and expect to compete. We don't have a lot of flexibility right now.... Best case is Timmy (sad to say this) and Manu retire and we move greens contract.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Spurs aren't going to move Green, tbh..it makes much more sense, especially financially, to wait and see if this season was an anomaly..if he ultimately reverts to last year's version of himself, there's literally no realistic alternative that could match his output for a similar salary..

BillMc
04-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Spurs aren't going to move Green, tbh..it makes much more sense, especially financially, to wait and see if this season was an anomaly..if he ultimately reverts to last year's version of himself, there's literally no realistic alternative that could match his output for a similar salary..

This

itzsoweezee
04-12-2016, 02:55 PM

This is on point. It's also why I want Manu to start. He's the only one that can get Danny good looks that are in rhythm, rather than the stupid bail out shots he's forced to chuck up right now.

G-Dawgg
04-12-2016, 03:07 PM
He's an excellent defender. We've had a phenomenal year defensively and a huge part of that is because of Danny's defense. However he's a liability on offense and against Golden State, plain and simply his stellar defense is not enough to make up for how useless he is on offense. Defense normally wins championships, but the name of the game is still to score more than the opponent in order to win. And if nobody can score, than what good is defense? Don't take this literally, but even if our defense was godly enough to hold the opposing team to 0 points in a whole game, we'd still need somebody on our team who can score at least 1 point in order to win. There's 2 sides to the game. -Defense without offense is just defense.....

DJR210
04-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Someone needs to throw a bottle at this wide open front rim bricking mf :lol

The funniest part about those people is they think he's still an elite defender lmao, dude has mailed it in all season. He dgaf anymore

:lol if i run into this recycling fuck at Noche Caliente best believe we're having words

tholdren
04-12-2016, 03:59 PM
He's not the defender spurs fans make him out to be

DarrinS
04-12-2016, 04:08 PM
He's not the defender spurs fans make him out to be

Has anyone else blocked a Curry 3?

DenialTwist
04-12-2016, 04:26 PM
They just need to get a decent starting point guard and Danny will play better. Trade Tony Parker and Mills for Jeff Teague and look for a better backup pg.

tholdren
04-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Has anyone else blocked a Curry 3?

Lol. Work for espn?

ceperez
04-12-2016, 04:52 PM
He just needs to get the ball at the right spots at the right time to shoot in motion. Parker has done a poor job.

UZER
04-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Not hitting 3s is having the biggest impact no doubt, but it's amplified by the fact the guy literally cannot dribble more than two times without committing a turnover. That's is just inexcusable for a starting 2 guard in the NBA. He is rendered completely useless on offense if he's not hitting the 3. It becomes 4 on 5.

Then with parkers issues, it's 3 on 5.

ViceCity86
04-12-2016, 07:21 PM
He's basically Hedo Turkoglu in 2004 at this point.

tholdren
04-12-2016, 07:51 PM
but can he block curry 1 time? That's the real question.

Rob123
04-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Haha blaming others for DG shooting 30% :lol

Guy you have to be either mentally retarded or 500 pounds and never played basketball. I never once blamed anyone for Danny greens shooting in fact I said he was a bad player. I did however outline how to make the most of his limited talents which we are not currently doing.

...idiot

tholdren
04-12-2016, 08:06 PM
] 500lb idiot

DarrinS
05-01-2016, 10:54 AM

Shameless bump :lol

lefty20
05-01-2016, 11:05 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkWm5IpCcAEDtVD.jpg

Here's to hoping he keeps it up :toast

GSH
05-01-2016, 11:32 AM

Or a couple of extended breaks between series. :D

You earned it. I hope you get to do it 11 more times.

DPG21920
05-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Thispego :lmao

LaMarcus Bryant
05-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Thispego :lmao

Pego looking like that fetus Quatto in that guys belly on Total Recall

thispego
05-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Obviously we have me to thank for this thread for turning Danny's shooting around. Thanks, me.

BillMc
05-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Or a couple of extended breaks between series. :D

Just what the doctor ordered!:king

spursistan
05-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Save some for dem worriers DG :cry

mookie2001
05-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Shoulda been a Patty Mills thread.

tholdren
05-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Danny Green was PUTRID this year shooting the ball. Had a great game 1 versus the Thunder, but this type of play should have been happening the whole year. Its why the spurs paid him. I say TRADE NOW WHILE STOCK IS HIGH!

tholdren
05-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Danny green shoots like shit for one year = Outlier

Danny Green plays like shit during whole playoffs = too small sample size

Danny Green shoots great for one game = Best Player Ever

Gotta Love Spurstalk - Where knee-jerk reactions are almost as rampant as stats out of context.