PDA

View Full Version : what does parker do, tbh?

Pages : [1] 2

Holden_Caulfield
04-10-2016, 08:16 PM
watching this game, and the game at oracle, not sure he does anything for the team :(

SpursforSix
04-10-2016, 08:17 PM
watching this game, and the game at oracle, not sure he does anything for the team :(

It's like shelling out money for a pair of Beats but getting a couple of tin cams and some string.

Spurs9
04-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Can we trade Parker for Kimba? :cry

itzsoweezee
He is absolutely terrible. His jumper, that was ok for a couple of seasons, has gone back to being shit

RD2191
Suck dick.

SpursforSix
04-10-2016, 08:30 PM
Can we trade Parker for Kimba? :cry

Fuck...could we even trade him for Barrea..

slick'81
04-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Dribble dribble dribble shooot

AZK619
04-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Head of the snake.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 08:33 PM
I applauded his play throughout the 1st half of the season, he was playing like an All-Star caliber player..in the 2nd half of the season, he has been one of the worst PGs in the NBA among playoff teams, unfortunately..

Hopefully there's a middle ground somewhere, rather than a progressive decline like last season..

apalisoc_9
04-10-2016, 08:40 PM
I said he was an all-star caliber player a few months ago but now its getting evident that hes no longer a player you can rely on in the next three years. His midrange is just broke now.

SouthernFried
04-10-2016, 08:49 PM
I applauded his play throughout the 1st half of the season, he was playing like an All-Star caliber player..in the 2nd half of the season, he has been one of the worst PGs in the NBA among playoff teams, unfortunately..

Hopefully there's a middle ground somewhere, rather than a progressive decline like last season..

Something happened to him. Cuz I agree with you totally. Parker was playing as good as I've ever seen him the first half. Then around the All-Star break, he stopped. I think it's something else besides the physical. He's either pissed off at the new ISO game that doesn't need him as much. Mad he wasn't considered an All-Star and is moping. Or, he found a bookie in Vegas and is making a fortune betting against the Spurs.

ElNono
04-10-2016, 08:50 PM
He drives Harrison Barnes to the games, tbh

Mouth is Bleeding
04-10-2016, 08:51 PM
The bigger his role against great teams the more he hurts us.

He needs to play a minimal role on offense and whenever not able to give 100 percent on D he should be pulled immediately.

Holden_Caulfield
04-10-2016, 08:51 PM
as bad as parker has been lately, the bench "pgs" has been worse :(

without his speed and mid-range falling and the fact that he hasn't really adjusted to be the facilitator, he wont be the starter next season. a new horizon awaits. hopefully he proves me wrong during the playoffs though

SouthernFried
04-10-2016, 08:53 PM
as bad as parker has been lately, the bench "pgs" has been worse :(

without his speed and mid-range falling and the fact that he hasn't really adjusted to be the facilitator, he wont be the starter next season. a new horizon awaits. hopefully he proves me wrong during the playoffs though

Tony Parker + Danny Green = 6 points
Mills = 7 points
Manu = 8 Points

Nah, Tony is not been playing better than either of the backups. And he's getting played many MILLIONS to do exactly that. Arghhh...lol

Clipper Nation
04-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Same things he's always done. Steal money from the Spurs franchise, dribble out the shot clock, chuck bricks, freeze out his team's best players due to pure jealousy, get outplayed by his backups, choke in the playoffs, and inhale every morsel of food within a twelve-mile radius.

DarrinS
04-10-2016, 09:04 PM
He's gritty and plays that lockdown defense, tbh

Mouth is Bleeding
04-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Sleep with teammate's wife also!

I think Tim, Manu and Pop secretly hates him but in recent years has nursed him for the good of the team and a winning is everything mentality.

Maybe one day the truth will come out about what a shitty teammate he can be.

Woj will have the scoop.

Slime Baller
04-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Totally separate from the what he does question--how many more years of Parker do the Spurs have?

RD2191
04-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Same things he's always done. Steal money from the Spurs franchise, dribble out the shot clock, chuck bricks, freeze out his team's best players due to pure jealousy, get outplayed by his backups, choke in the playoffs, and inhale every morsel of food within a twelve-mile radius.

J_Paco
04-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Totally separate from the what he does question--how many more years of Parker do the Spurs have?

Two more years on $14 million each, I believe.

He's looked like complete trash that last two months. Fuck, it really is sad to see him fading like this for a second season in a row.

vander
04-10-2016, 09:23 PM
well, he does at least make the defense move a little bit. defending those postups and iso's is pretty relaxing for the defense

DMC
04-10-2016, 09:26 PM
What he does: nothing lately

What he needs to do: Without his ability to go on a tear in the paint and collapse the defense, Spurs are a fish out of water. Parker needs to attack. He cannot see the court well enough to do anything else and he's spent an entire career doing just one thing.

DeRozan m8
04-10-2016, 09:27 PM
He continues to get money he doesn't deserve tbh

6 point back court against Warriors is not gonna win us shit.....so fucking pathetic

ElNono
04-10-2016, 09:31 PM
You're all ungrateful bastards, tbh... spoiled Spursfan quickly forgets what a treat is November Parker... he's basically the best PG in the league in that month, and never gets recognition for it...

dabom
04-10-2016, 09:33 PM
You're all ungrateful bastards, tbh... spoiled Spursfan quickly forgets what a treat is November Parker... he's basically the best PG in the league in that month, and never gets recognition for it...

This shit wouldn't happen if he could stay in shape during the offseason without out having to play for his country. :lol

cd98
04-10-2016, 09:36 PM
He's done as a top tier scorer. He's done as a major impact player. If he was even border line all star, we could win it all. Not to crap on him. He's been a great point guard for us. It's just Father Time took his inhuman speed and that jump shot he used to hit time and again no longer falls.

NASpurs
04-10-2016, 09:37 PM

Savage :lol

Slime Baller
04-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Two more years on $14 million each, I believe.

He's looked like complete trash that last two months. Fuck, it really is sad to see him fading like this for a second season in a row.

It's a bummer. He looked good before the All Star Break. Contract wise, yeah--two more. But do we think the Spurs would sign him again for loyalty's sake?

Oof. I don't have the level of irrational hatred of Tony some here do; I'm just worried the miles have added up. Last year, there was the hamstring. This year? No excuse. Just plain runnin' out of gas at the end of the season.

apalisoc_9
04-10-2016, 09:39 PM
:lmao

RD2191
04-10-2016, 09:40 PM
He's done as a top tier scorer. He's done as a major impact player. If he was even border line all star, we could win it all. Not to crap on him. He's been a great point guard for us. It's just Father Time took his inhuman speed and that jump shot he used to hit time and again no longer falls.
That and the league has some monster PG's, especially out West. Paul, Damian, Westbrook, Curry, I mean Parker is pretty much getting outplayed at his position every night against top competition.

Spurtacular
04-10-2016, 09:41 PM
#KawhiDamageControl

/thread

Gagnrath
04-10-2016, 09:45 PM
He was never all that consistent with the jumpshot he had streaks and stretches here and there for a month or two when it looked to be developing but never really got there.

His defense can occasionally be decent but was never more than slightly above average. He has never had great passing skills or ball placement.

He had a great first step and the ability to finished with contact and that's where he was best he developed a decent ability to find the open man on a drive as well be now that he can't drive regularly that isn't really useful.

cd98
04-10-2016, 10:38 PM
I disgree. When Parker was in the MVP conversation as recently as 3 years ago, he could knock down that midrange jumper especially on the pick and roll. Defenders totally respected him on it. He can't make it anymore and I don't know why. Defenders are letting him have it again, like 10 years ago when he was a shakey shooter.

james evans
04-10-2016, 10:42 PM
5 more years left. Remember, he wants to play 20

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 10:42 PM
5 more years left. Remember, he wants to play 20

:lol

gambit1990
04-10-2016, 10:53 PM
would love to trade him this offseason.

AZK619
04-10-2016, 11:18 PM
Words of wisdom. :tu

tmtcsc
04-10-2016, 11:20 PM
Agreed. It may never happen but I'd love to see him and Green shipped out of here. Both are past their expiration dates. Danny's still relatively young but making $$ apparently made his shot disappear.

dabom
04-10-2016, 11:28 PM
Agreed. It may never happen but I'd love to see him and Green shipped out of here. Both are past their expiration dates. Danny's still relatively young but making $$ apparently made his shot disappear.

You have to change your gif brah. I swear I watch it like 10 times everytime it shows up. :lol

LongtimeSpursFan
04-10-2016, 11:29 PM
Kawhis sheets the bed and OP starts a Parker thread.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 11:38 PM
Parker's in a difficult situation, as are the Spurs as a whole, tbh..his transition to old age is much more difficult than Duncan's(relatively easy transition as a big with a defensive mindset) or Manu's(still the lead playmaker off the bench)..

How exactly do you utilize an ancient 6'1" player that isn't a natural spot-up shooter and isn't a great playmaker? It's probably a very difficult task for Parker as an individual and Pop as a coach, it's likely a constant struggle figuring out when to be aggressive vs. deferring..

gambit1990
04-10-2016, 11:39 PM
earlier this year in the trade deadline thread i proposed tp, green, bonner for dragic, whiteside, mcroberts, and gerald green... and people on this forum hated it :lol

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 11:41 PM
earlier this year in the trade deadline thread i proposed tp, green, bonner for dragic, whiteside, mcroberts, and gerald green... and people on this forum hated it :lol

It's not bad on paper, but Pop would never coach Whiteside and Gerald Green, tbh:lol..

coachmac87
04-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Parker's in a difficult situation, as are the Spurs as a whole, tbh..his transition to old age is much more difficult than Duncan's(relatively easy transition as a big with a defensive mindset) or Manu's(still the lead playmaker off the bench)..

How exactly do you utilize an ancient 6'1" player that isn't a natural spot-up shooter and isn't a great playmaker? It's probably a very difficult task for Parker as an individual and Pop as a coach, it's likely a constant struggle figuring out when to be aggressive vs. deferring..

Honestly..the only thing for him to start doing is like a million catch and shoot drills. He needs to become a shooter..but what's crazy I think he kinda has the potential.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 11:51 PM
Honestly..the only thing for him to start doing is like a million catch and shoot drills. He needs to become a shooter..but what's crazy I think he kinda has the potential.

He does need to become a better shooter, but realistically, he probably shouldn't be starting anymore at his age and with his mileage..the PG position in today's NBA is much more difficult to hide than somebody like Tim at C..it's not the old NBA, where you could have a role player playing PG(like Derek Fisher) and succeed..all the other relevant teams have dynamic PGs starting, right now..

It would be cool to experiment with having him come off the bench and see how he does(I think he would do well in that role IMO), but the Spurs don't have an alternative for experimentation..Patty is not a PG, and you aren't going to start 59-year old Andre Miller:lol

UZER
04-10-2016, 11:56 PM

Many people saw this Parker coming years before his decline. Instead of improving the other aspects of his game to prepare for it, he chose to keep playing for France.

DeRozan m8
04-10-2016, 11:56 PM
He'd be solid coming off the bench as he knows the system, that's about all he has going for him these days.

We need a smart IQ PG dude to come in and learn the system in the off season tbh
He can work with the new SG we get too.

Imagine freeing up the $25m or so these two scrubs take from us annually.

This isn't the old days, we need to change the back court to move forward tbh

coachmac87
04-10-2016, 11:59 PM
Many people saw this Parker coming years before his decline. Instead of improving the other aspects of his game to prepare for it, he chose to keep playing for France.

No I just think when he hit the wall he hit it hard. And IMO I think he finally realized it THIS year..I think he always thought he'd recover and have his legs back but they never came back ever since the hamstring injury..

vander
04-11-2016, 01:38 AM

yep, many knew when he was in his prime that his game wouldn't age well, some didn't even like his previous contract. the time to complain about Parker is long past, and those who do it are pretty simple

DMC
04-11-2016, 01:41 AM
Tony has been down the road too many times. He approaches it now like a union worker. Time to make the doughnuts... I've made the doughnuts (and then ate them).

Remember this:

E7cYZ09t6kc

That's gone.

gambit1990
04-11-2016, 06:00 PM
this is more of a problem than people are willing to admit... or they just aren't smart enough to realize.

we cannot afford the person who has the ball the most being so ineffective.

SouthernFried
04-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Thing is...Parker was playing some of the best basketball I've seen from him, right before the all-star break. His shooting percentage was way up, and he was shooting jumpers consistently.

What happened after the all-star break? You don't go from playing great, to being too old to play...in one month. I honestly believe something else is going on here.

Whether Pop asked him to tone it down to get LMA into the game, whether he had an injury. Remember him sitting one game with an injury, and Andre started and played great...then Parker didn't want to sit again after that, and came back next game and played great. Something else is going on here. That...or he's found a good bookie to bet against the Spurs with.

gambit1990
04-11-2016, 06:13 PM
parker doesn't want his role minimized further tbh.

he's never gotten the love td or manu did.

and now kawhi and la are the stars.

if his role gets smaller, he has to worry about getting dropped... by a chinese shoe company.

SASdynasty!
04-11-2016, 07:21 PM
And eliminate Chris Paul from the playoffs...that is until the Spurs went another direction and minimized Parker's role.

By the way, good luck with CP3 getting out of the second round this year! I'm starting to think he may never make a Conference Finals in his career. And that with a stacked team and championship coach. It's sad, really.

gambit1990
04-11-2016, 08:06 PM
idk if there was ever any truth to that parker for cp3 trade a few years ago... but if we had had cp3... we would've repeated already tbh.

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Shooting/scoring in the 2nd half of the season for starting PGs(following the halfway mark/42 games):

TS%
Curry 61.6
Lowry 58.6
Paul 58.4
Teague 57.4
Walker 56.6
Barea 56.6
Isaiah Thomas 56.5
Lillard 56.2
Westbrook 56
Irving 55.1
Rubio 55.1
Jackson 54.4
Dragic 53.3
Rondo 51.9
Mack 51.5
Russell 51.5
Rose 50.5
Parker 50.5
Payton 50.3
Wall 50.2
Mudiay 46.3
Ish Smith 45.3%

PPP
Curry 1.27
Walker 1.17
Paul 1.15
Barea 1.15
Lowry 1.13
Isaiah Thomas 1.13
Lillard 1.12
Irving 1.1
Teague 1.09
Jackson 1.05
Westbrook 1.03
Dragic 1.01
Rose 1
Russell 1
Rubio 0.95
Wall 0.95
Parker 0.94
Mack 0.93
Payton 0.92
Ish Smith 0.9
Mudiay 0.9
Rondo 0.87

gambit1990
04-11-2016, 09:11 PM
parker is still really good :madrun the spurs need him :cry:cry:cry

SupremeGuy
04-11-2016, 09:15 PM
You're all ungrateful bastards, tbh... spoiled Spursfan quickly forgets what a treat is November Parker... he's basically the best PG in the league in that month, and never gets recognition for it...:lol

MultiTroll
04-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Another trend seen with Parker in seasons 2nd half and especially this past month.....

Often when he does pass the ball, he waits until the shot clock is below 5. Still takes a couple dribbles, fakes a drive and shot and dumps it off hot potato style to an unsuspecting Spur. Who then has to grab the hot potato and chuck it up before the shot clock goes off.

Parker: "see see I passed it!". :rolleyes

gambit1990
04-12-2016, 01:49 AM
tony will make his first pass of the possession with around 14 seconds left on the shot clock... a few seconds later, he will get the ball back and then do this:

Often when he does pass the ball, he waits until the shot clock is below 5. Still takes a couple dribbles, fakes a drive and shot and dumps it off hot potato style to an unsuspecting Spur. Who then has to grab the hot potato and chuck it up before the shot clock goes off.

lefty
04-12-2016, 02:59 AM
Another trend seen with Parker in seasons 2nd half and especially this past month.....

Kawhitstorm
04-12-2016, 03:03 AM
Shooting/scoring in the 2nd half of the season for starting PGs(following the halfway mark/42 games):

TS%

Parker 50.5
Payton 50.3
Wall 50.2

PPP

Wall 0.95
Parker 0.94

Cot damn, I didn't realize Wall has been THIS shitty since the half-way mark of the season.:lol

Kevin Johnson was basically a rich-man's Porker & he got phased out by the Suns when he lost his speed/quickness in his early 30s. The Suns had the luxury to do so b/c they had Kidd/Nash.:lol

Isiah Thomas also knew when to call it quits despite being 32 since he had nothing to prove by trying to comeback from an achilles injury. Let's just hope Tony's achilles pops this upcoming summer, it's been begging to be let out. (I believe the Spurs will get an injury exception & Ty Lawson needs to be saved!)

DenialTwist
04-12-2016, 05:49 AM
Kevin Johnson was basically a rich-man's Porker & he got phased out by the Suns when he lost his speed/quickness in his early 30s. The Suns had the luxury to do so b/c they had Kidd/Nash.:lol

Isiah Thomas also knew when to call it quits despite being 32 since he had nothing to prove by trying to comeback from an achilles injury. Let's just hope Tony's achilles pops this upcoming summer, it's been begging to be let out. (I believe the Spurs will get an injury exception & Ty Lawson needs to be saved!)

Great point! Isiah Thomas knew when to call it quits, Tony Parker doesn't. If he is the starting point guard next season, the spurs will suffer the next few years. How anyone can watch last year's playoffs, this entire season and those 4 warriors games and think the Spurs are going to beat them in a 7 game series with Tony Parker and Danny Green? Parker is useless. Danny parties too much. Pop wants to trot Parker out there until he is 40 years old for goodness sakes. They don't have a contingency plan for developing a young pg to take Tony's spot. Sad.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2016, 07:34 AM
Cot damn, I didn't realize Wall has been THIS shitty since the half-way mark of the season.:lol

Wizards fans think most of their players phased out Wittman and are trying to get him fired..probably accurate:lol

gambit1990
04-20-2016, 12:09 AM
6 points on 3-9 shooting, plus 4 assists tonight. amazing performance.

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2016, 12:22 AM
6 points on 3-9 shooting, plus 4 assists tonight. amazing performance.

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2016, 12:26 AM
Kiwi with 13pts on 4-10 shooting :lol watch out Steph Curry!

DenialTwist
04-20-2016, 04:14 AM
Kiwi with 13pts on 4-10 shooting :lol watch out Steph Curry!

Spurs won't see Curry if they can't get past OKC. Tony is being guarded by Farmar and Munford. He'll have a harder time against Westbrook and Foye.

freetiago
04-20-2016, 04:22 AM
Should have taken Lawson and tried to develop him like I said tbh. Being next to cancers drained all his talent but he was a 15/9 player on terrible teams with no spacing. There isn't gonna be a market for PGs this offseason that are remotely attainable for the Spurs.

dwayne shintzius
04-20-2016, 11:33 AM
sloppy play; turns it over and then looks around for the call instead of getting back on defense. we're in trouble when he's not facing d league point guards in the 2nd round. at least patty is finding his groove.

Spur|n|Austin
04-20-2016, 03:55 PM
Bunch of fatties complaining about a top NBA point guard :lol

gambit1990
04-20-2016, 04:24 PM
one thing that bothers me about parker is that... even though he's lost a step, he still needs to use his quickness more. that's when he's most valuable to us. his quickness allows him to score easier and breaks down opponents defense.

i hate how he walks the ball up the court like it's a pet dog with three legs. he lets the defense settle, get in position, get comfortable.

what i'd like to see from parker:
-be quick more often
-hold the ball less
-cut to the basket when he doesn't have the ball

i'd rather him get more shots up than him be our game manager.

parker should have a good series. we'll see what happens.

04-20-2016, 05:13 PM
He wasn't playing like an All Star at any point this season :lol

He was hustling on D and picking his spots, and had a few games where it looked like he found that extra step or five he's been missing the last three years. Now he's regressed a bit as well all knew he would, mostly on the defensive end, imo. Not much we can do about it, I thought we were done beating this dead horse tbh :lol

PopTheGOAT
04-20-2016, 09:41 PM
shoot the damn floater, Tony

pgardn
04-20-2016, 10:00 PM
So who takes his minutes?

Oh. that guy is not on our team.
Our guards are weak. That's the way it is.
And the bottom line is he has the best handles on the team.

We have zero chance without him. Keep complaining. Like we have not been over this 1000Xs
When we get a better PG let me know.

Holden_Caulfield
04-22-2016, 10:53 PM
cant even dominate farmar :lol

i honestly thought he would do really well in this series. oh well.

ernest787
04-22-2016, 11:30 PM
I'm not a parker hater and in fact get tired of the Parker hate on this board...

But, it doesn't look like he has much left in the tank. I understand we run the offense through Kawhi and LMA now, but it doesn't seem like he can get the corner anymore. There was a play this evening when they passed it up court and it was him with Farmer in front of him and I think it was Zbo kind of back in the lane. 2 years ago, Tony turns that into a one man fast break. Tonight he pulled the ball into the corner and waited for everyone.

We really need him to be a legit third option, especially as the playoffs go on.

gambit1990
04-23-2016, 12:12 AM
2 points on 1-8 shooting, 7 assists but 3 turnovers. was -11 (the worst on the team), patty was +14 (second to boris).

MaNu4Tres
04-23-2016, 12:15 AM
All-Star Tony Parker has been gone for over 2 years now. Every now and then he has a decent game, but they are waaay too far in between.

I hope he retires sometime in the next 14 months.

dabom
04-23-2016, 12:15 AM
Dapattygod

SASdynasty!
04-23-2016, 07:20 AM
Oh I don't know, only runs the offense far better than anyone else on the team? Once again, he leads the team in assists, which is the only thing a point guard is supposed to do. Not many point guards historically led their team in scoring for like 7 years in a row. Sorry you guys were spoiled with that for so long and still expect that after 15 years in the league (even when you complain when he does). Can you imagine Duncan leading the team in scoring in his 15th season? Neither can I.

boutons_deux
04-23-2016, 07:49 AM
TP + PM vs MEM = 4 pts, 4 TOs

Tony has degraded into "no-score-first AND no-pass-first" PG

ceperez
04-23-2016, 08:03 AM
The big problem.... Spurs don't win a championship with Parker playing badly.

My take, he's not motivated to play well when he doesn't really have to.

boutons_deux
04-23-2016, 08:35 AM
The big problem.... Spurs don't win a championship with Parker playing badly.

My take, he's not motivated to play well when he doesn't really have to.

I think Tony has become totally disinterested in playing anymore. He's not into the team and game. He's had a great career, is very wealthy, and now he's cheating the team by disinterestedly going through the motions. Even Tim still watches the game from the bench, applauds, cheers on his teammates, while detached Tony's eyes-glaze-over.

DarrinS
04-23-2016, 08:55 AM
2 points on 1-8 shooting, 7 assists but 3 turnovers. was -11 (the worst on the team), patty was +14 (second to boris).

Patty had a pretty crappy stat line. Shows how meaningless +- is.

SASdynasty!
04-23-2016, 09:20 AM
TP + PM vs MEM = 4 pts, 4 TOs

Tony has degraded into "no-score-first AND no-pass-first" PG
Except that he leads the team in assists pretty much every game. He's a pass-first point guard now like everyone wanted.

SASdynasty!
04-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Patty had a pretty crappy stat line. Shows how meaningless +- is.
Lol, these guys use single-game +/- when it's convenient but go to raw stats when their guy puts them up. If they have neither, they find some other advances metric. Goal posts.

gambit1990
04-23-2016, 12:30 PM
+/- isn't the big deal. just thought i'd point out the difference.

DAF86
04-25-2016, 03:01 AM
Hate to admit it but it's gotten to the point where you have to accept that he's probably our weakest link right now. It's scary to think how good this team could be just with a 2nd tier level PG like Eric Bleadsoe, Brandon Knight or Jeff Teague instead of him.

We all knew he wasn't going to age as well as Tim and Manu due to playing style but he shouldn't be as bad as he is right now. Management certainly didn't expect this drop off, taking into consideration the contract they gave him. Makes you wonder what the Spurs will do if Tony doesn't regain his form. I don't want to see him ever being traded but I also don't want to see the team getting sabotaged because of loyalty. Maybe a contract reconstruction ala Jefferson. Is that even possible?

spurraider21
04-25-2016, 03:25 AM
Hate to admit it but it's gotten to the point where you have to accept that he's probably our weakest link right now. It's scary to think how good this team could be just with a 2nd tier level PG like Eric Bleadsoe, Brandon Knight or Jeff Teague instead of him.

We all knew he wasn't going to age as well as Tim and Manu due to playing style but he shouldn't be as bad as he is right now. Management certainly didn't expect this drop off, taking into consideration the contract they gave him. Makes you wonder what the Spurs will do if Tony doesn't regain his form. I don't want to see him ever being traded but I also don't want to see the team getting sabotaged because of loyalty. Maybe a contract reconstruction ala Jefferson. Is that even possible?

SASdynasty!
04-25-2016, 09:06 AM

Tony's PER36 in the Memphis series:

15.8/7.7 on 42%. Obviously not his best PER36 numbers, but you're not getting those PER36 numbers from anyone else on the team for scoring and distributing.

DAF86
04-25-2016, 12:00 PM

"Look, he's Argie. He must hate Parker" :cry

Check my posting history son.

Diego20
04-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Tony's PER36 in the Memphis series:

15.8/7.7 on 42%. Obviously not his best PER36 numbers, but you're not getting those PER36 numbers from anyone else on the team for scoring and distributing.

What about talking about his PER? 12,85 :lol

He's 86 out of 158 players, and talking about PGs, he's 19 out of 33.

SASdynasty!
04-25-2016, 02:09 PM
What about talking about his PER? 12,85 :lol

He's 86 out of 158 players, and talking about PGs, he's 19 out of 33.
Oh, you're using the stat that has Boban and David West above Aldridge? How about no.

gambit1990
04-25-2016, 02:36 PM
averaged 9.8 points, 4.8 assists, 2.3 turnovers against a stacked memphis team :lol

SouthernFried
04-25-2016, 02:42 PM
I hope Parker comes around for the rest of playoffs.

But, what's that old saying about hope? - "Put your hopes in one hand, and shit in the other...see which one fills up first."

K...
04-25-2016, 03:08 PM
averaged 9.8 points, 4.8 assists, 2.3 turnovers against a stacked memphis team :lol

Didn't need to score in blow outs, made timely baskets, ran the spurs admittedly bad offense. I mean I grade him as a c+ type grade. No fail no honor role.

SASdynasty!
04-25-2016, 03:14 PM
Pretty decent for 22 minutes a game...significantly more assists than anyone else on the team because he's looking to distribute first obviously. Could have easily scored 15-20 but at some point we have to translation the offense, which he's doing perfectly. Parker dropped 25/10 on really high efficiency on a much better Grizzlies team in a WCF sweep.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Parker had by far the worst on/off numbers of any player in the Memphis series, while posting a 47.5 True Shooting %..the worrisome part isn't just his struggles, but also that he had the highest usage % of any Spur in the 1st round, too..

Hopefully he was just coasting vs. the poor competition..

gambit1990
04-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Parker dropped 25/10 on really high efficiency on a much better Grizzlies team in a WCF sweep.
it's 2016 last time i checked. maybe you should get over one game? :lol

K...
04-25-2016, 06:05 PM

but that don't apply when it's your boy patty and your reliving the 2014 finals.

Not to mention "hey guys, game 3"

apalisoc_9
04-25-2016, 07:28 PM
Hes there so that he can have the highest usage ratr out of any player in the team.

pgardn
04-25-2016, 07:36 PM

So who are you playing in place of Parker?

And are you leaving him on the bench, or what?

Cmon coach dumbfck? What?

SASdynasty!
04-25-2016, 08:53 PM
That was his average for the series numbnuts.

gambit1990
04-25-2016, 09:59 PM
but that don't apply when it's your boy patty and your reliving the 2014 finals.

Not to mention "hey guys, game 3"
you're retarded. next.

So who are you playing in place of Parker?

And are you leaving him on the bench, or what?

Cmon coach dumbfck? What?
i would start manu, mills, miller over him.

That was his average for the series numbnuts.
you said he dropped, not that he averaged that. glad he did so good back then. too bad he couldn't average 25 & 10 against famar and company. he didn't even average half that.

gilmor
04-25-2016, 11:15 PM

sook
04-26-2016, 01:07 AM
The spin on some of those reverses...craftiest player to ever play the game. :wow

gilmor
04-26-2016, 01:09 AM
With Curry sidelined.. Paul breaking his hand.. Looks like Porker will be unchallenged going to the Finals..

Snaq O'Meal
04-26-2016, 01:10 AM
The spin on some of those reverses...craftiest player to ever play the game. :wow

You're inviting trouble here with posts like this. :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2016, 01:11 AM
Great thread if I do say so myself, tbh :toast

DAF86
04-26-2016, 01:12 AM
Tony for Beaverly and Ariza. Do it.

http://cdn.hark.com/images/001/462/422/1462422/original.jpg

sook
04-26-2016, 01:17 AM
He's not as good as he used to be, but comeon....give the guy a 1 on 1 matchup and most of the times he is crafty and fast enough to exploit it. One of the SA's biggest weapons whether you guys like to admit it or not.

The reason he doesn't shine is because he's been really unselfish and has been letting Kawhi take the limelight (which he does deserve).

Ditty
04-26-2016, 01:17 AM
Has Ariza even made a 3 pointer this series against the Warriors? He was one of my favorite players in the league when he was in LA, now he looks slow out there and can't shoot anymore :lol.

sook
04-26-2016, 01:18 AM
With Curry sidelined.. Paul breaking his hand.. Looks like Porker will be unchallenged going to the Finals..

Best PG in the post season by far, unless some people prefer Lollard.

Has Ariza even made a 3 pointer this series against the Warriors? He was one of my favorite players in the league when he was in LA, now he looks slow out there and can't shoot anymore :lol.

Brewer made his first in the last 20 games or so:lol

DAF86
04-26-2016, 01:19 AM
He's not as good as he used to be, but comeon....give the guy a 1 on 1 matchup and most of the times he is crafty and fast enough to exploit it. One of the SA's biggest weapons whether you guys like to admit it or not.

The reason he doesn't shine is because he's been really unselfish and has been letting Kawhi take the limelight (which he does deserve).

You haven't really been paying atention son. :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2016, 01:23 AM
Don't let Manu fans influence you when it comes to Parker

DAF86
04-26-2016, 01:27 AM
Don't let Manu fans influence you when it comes to Parker

Manu fan that said this when Parker was indeed playing well.

Parker has been awesome this season.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 01:33 AM

Ariza was a shitty 3 point shooter in LA, he just got hot in the playoffs. Dude wasn't even as good as Aminu.:lol

Rockets are an idiotic team that gives the green light to Josh Smith/Brewer to launch 3.

DAF86
04-26-2016, 01:43 AM
Ariza was a shitty 3 point shooter in LA, he just got hot in the playoffs. Dude wasn't even as good as Aminu.:lol

Rockets are an idiotic team that gives the green light to Josh Smith/Brewer to launch 3.

This season he shot 37% on 6 attempts per game. A couple of seasons ago he shot 40% on 6 attempts per game. He isn't a dead eye shooter but for a 3 and D guy coming off the bench he would be more than respectable.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 01:51 AM
This season he shot 37% on 6 attempts per game. A couple of seasons ago he shot 40% on 6 attempts per game. He isn't a dead eye shooter but for a 3 and D guy coming off the bench he would be more than respectable.

I'm talking about his career in LA

04-26-2016, 02:48 AM
OP should post up here more often.

Brazil
04-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Parker had by far the worst on/off numbers of any player in the Memphis series, while posting a 47.5 True Shooting %..the worrisome part isn't just his struggles, but also that he had the highest usage % of any Spur in the 1st round, too..

Hopefully he was just coasting vs. the poor competition..

I would not over analyse Spurs stats on this first round tbh... competition was the worst I've seen. If already easy for starters it was even much easier for players coming off the bench and statistically Kyle Anderson was wort Spurs player tbh... :lol (in b4 SAGirl to the rescue). Everybody was more or less coasting even Pop tbh..

Now there is no denial from me that Tony looks quite bad out there for 2 months or so tbh... it is what it is... I wish he had the luxury like others to stat pad with the second unit but unfortunately that's not a luxury that Spurs can afford. Ideally tho for him, it would be much better to play off the bench at this point of his career.

Dude is one of the most unselfish nba player ever, he is washed up, everybody knows it, he knows it but he again sacrifices his own stats and boddy and go out there against the starters of the league, drive to the basket and get shoved by opponent interior defense. He should tell Pop fuck that, start Patty and let me do the business against second units but no he says yes sir. A truly all time great.

Kawhitstorm
04-29-2016, 08:32 PM
Who is the best PG at the moment?:wakeup (Rank 'em)

SupremeGuy
04-29-2016, 08:34 PM
I can't wait to see the parkerstans claim parker is the best of that group. :lol

dabom
04-29-2016, 08:40 PM

honestfool84
04-29-2016, 08:48 PM
Why does everyone keep misspelling Parker's name? Don't be lazy... Fix the typo.

lilbthebasedgod
04-29-2016, 08:51 PM
Parker > Hill > Patty > Cojo

spursparker9
04-29-2016, 09:09 PM
"[Duncan's] longevity is just unbelievable,” point guard Tony Parker said. "He's still working the same at 40 years old as he was when he was a double MVP in (2002 and 2003)."

"I want to go to 20 seasons, hopefully, with the Spurs," he said. "I would be 38 by that time. … Twenty seasons will be enough."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25571153/tony-parker-says-he-wants-to-play-20-seasons-for-the-spurs

SpursforSix
04-29-2016, 09:24 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25571153/tony-parker-says-he-wants-to-play-20-seasons-for-the-spurs

Yeah...that sounds like way too long.

TheGreatYacht
04-29-2016, 09:32 PM
Damn, we're lucky :wow

Clipper Nation
04-29-2016, 09:35 PM
He was misquoted. He really said he wanted to gain 20 more pounds.

K...
04-29-2016, 09:41 PM
uh i'd go cojo, parker, hill mills....unless i was ranking undersized 2 guards and then mills goes #1

K...
04-29-2016, 09:42 PM
Why does everyone keep misspelling Parker's name? Don't be lazy... Fix the typo.

They aren't smart people so when a joke was made last year, they hold onto it as a religion.

K...
04-29-2016, 09:44 PM
Last years news ...shame yourself. obv hes playing out the contract. If he can't stay healthy he'll retire and he'll be benched as soon as we get a decent full time PG.

Clipper Nation
04-29-2016, 09:44 PM
1. CoJo
2. MVPatty
3. Hill

Unranked: Porker

apalisoc_9
04-29-2016, 09:52 PM
1. CoJo
2. MVPatty
3. Hill

keeferob25
04-29-2016, 09:54 PM
1. Cojo (A)- Most consistent, and highly efficient. Added bonus for completely outplaying the overrated starter (who's an allstar)
2a. G. Hill (B+)- Less consistent but highly efficient so far in the playoffs. Bit more responsibility than Patty and is the only consistent help for PG13.
3. Patty (B+) - Like Cojo he has outplayed his starting PG. Great 3 pt shooting. Still slightly dependent on Manu and still a defensive issue.
4. Parker (C) - Least efficient by far against the least talented opponent so far. Sort of inexcusable but that series was a gimmie so we will see this next round.

SpursforSix
04-29-2016, 09:57 PM
Ty Lawson says hello

CGD
04-29-2016, 10:01 PM
Anyone else get the feeling George comes back after the following season when he's an UFA?

NASpurs
04-29-2016, 10:02 PM
They aren't smart people so when a joke was made last year, they hold onto it as a religion.

Worst poster on the site. Congrats man!

It takes a lot to be shit tier on this site. It's quite the accomplishment.

SAGirl
04-29-2016, 10:08 PM
1. Cojo (A)- Most consistent, and highly efficient. Added bonus for completely outplaying the overrated starter (who's an allstar)
2a. G. Hill (B+)- Less consistent but highly efficient so far in the playoffs. Bit more responsibility than Patty and is the only consistent help for PG13.
3. Patty (B+) - Like Cojo he has outplayed his starting PG. Great 3 pt shooting. Still slightly dependent on Manu and still a defensive issue.
4. Parker (C) - Least efficient by far against the least talented opponent so far. Sort of inexcusable but that series was a gimmie so we will see this next round.
Good ranking. I agree with you. :toast

Uriel
04-29-2016, 10:10 PM
I wonder if Parker will be willing to take a backup role in the twilight of his career.

Kawhitstorm
04-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Anyone else get the feeling George comes back after the following season when he's an UFA?

I'm hoping Porker is forced to retire like Nash next summer (2017), so PATFO can bring back G.Hill. (Bird tried to trade him for Teague so he's most likely not going to re-sign w/ the Pacers)

MultiTroll
04-29-2016, 11:01 PM
He was misquoted. He really said he wanted to gain 20 more pounds.
Or "Take 20 more shots per game."

Darius Bieber
04-29-2016, 11:42 PM
1. CoJo
2. MVPatty
3. Hill
4. Beno Udrih
4. Chris Quinn
5. Jacque Vaughn
6. Injured TJ Ford
7. Darius Washington
8. Nick Van Exel
9. Charlie Ward
10. Damon Stoudemire

fify

LongtimeSpursFan
04-30-2016, 02:17 AM
Lol. These agenda minded posters thinking Hill , mills, or cojo could ever demand the respect that defenses gave to Parker.

04-30-2016, 02:57 AM
Parker and the point guard situation needs to be dealt with sooner or later. A championship contender like the Spurs can't afford to have a handicap at the starting PG position. They just can't. The NBA is in a golden age of elite point guards and many of them are hitting their primes. Westbrook, Curry, and Irving will likely stand in the Spurs'way for many playoffs to come.

Parker needs to turn into Kidd 2.0 to be even remotely viable and he doesn't look to be making much progress. He really needed to do it during this season but his 3 or shot is barely there and his defense is as inconsistent as ever. Maybe he can pull it together next season or maybe he just doesn't have the talent to do so.

I highly doubt the Spurs will trade Parker. Best case scenario, the Spurs bring in a young "back up" point guard who will eventually get more and more minutes over Parker until Parker is finally replaced and moved to the bench.

SASdynasty!
04-30-2016, 03:52 AM
Parker and the point guard situation needs to be dealt with sooner or later. A championship contender like the Spurs can't afford to have a handicap at the starting PG position. They just can't. The NBA is in a golden age of elite point guards and many of them are hitting their primes. Westbrook, Curry, and Irving will likely stand in the Spurs'way for many playoffs to come.

Parker needs to turn into Kidd 2.0 to be even remotely viable and he doesn't look to be making much progress. He really needed to do it during this season but his 3 or shot is barely there and his defense is as inconsistent as ever. Maybe he can pull it together next season or maybe he just doesn't have the talent to do so.

I highly doubt the Spurs will trade Parker. Best case scenario, the Spurs bring in a young "back up" point guard who will eventually get more and more minutes over Parker until Parker is finally replaced and moved to the bench.
When Parker stops leading this team in assists and isn't the second-best guard in FG% in the league (behind Curry), let's talk.

Spurs in last 4 playoff runs:

6-0 when Parker leads team in scoring for series.
1-1 when Duncan leads team in scoring for series.
1-1 when Kawhi leads team in scoring for series.

DenialTwist
04-30-2016, 05:24 AM

I agree. If they don't have a contingency plan to replace Tony Parker or have him come off the bench next season the spurs will have a hard time competing with the Warriors the next few years. It's the one position that they can't afford to to have a weakness in this "elite point guard" era. Especially in Kawhi and Aldridge's prime.

ElNono
05-06-2016, 09:49 PM
not sure anymore, tbh

LongtimeSpursFan
05-06-2016, 09:50 PM
He's been very efficien tonight

Keepin' it real
05-06-2016, 09:53 PM
what does Parker do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prqGjQz3L3k

HarlemHeat37
05-06-2016, 09:54 PM
He was really solid on offense in the 1st quarter, tbh..horrible in the 2nd, though..

SASdynasty!
05-06-2016, 09:54 PM
Twice as many assists as the rest of the team again, as usual. No one else on this team knows how to set anyone up anymore. It's sad.

ElNono
05-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Twice as many assists as the rest of the team again, as usual. No one else on this team knows how to set anyone up anymore. It's sad.

bro, we're playing iso ball... 2-7 is turrible and he keeps getting burned by freaking Roberson... I want November Parker back...

spurraider21
05-06-2016, 10:05 PM
I want 2012 Parker back...
fify

K...
05-06-2016, 10:10 PM
He sellls watches. I don't mills selling watches.

HarlemHeat37
05-06-2016, 10:37 PM
He had a really nice 3rd quarter, tbh..

spurraider21
05-06-2016, 10:45 PM
scapegoats make people feel better

gives an easier answer, quick fix... state of mind

midnightpulp
05-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Playing well this game.

Danny is also playing well. Spurs putting up a good game on the road and should be leading by 7-8 points right now. Freethrows costing us. What else is fuckin' new?

ElNono
05-06-2016, 10:50 PM
It's not fingerpointing... I mean, there's much more terrible guys Pop is playing like West or Fathead... I just miss November Tony...

K...
05-06-2016, 11:00 PM
17 points MF,

K...
05-06-2016, 11:01 PM
MF

ElNono
05-06-2016, 11:02 PM
legit great 2nd half, tbh.... gotta recognize...

midnightpulp
05-06-2016, 11:03 PM
legit great 2nd half, tbh.... gotta recognize...

Client predictably disappeared.

When is he going to give us two good games in a row?

Holden_Caulfield
05-06-2016, 11:04 PM
hes doing everything in the 2nd tbh :toast

ElNono
05-06-2016, 11:07 PM

He's 38, mid... you get what you can... he was actually pretty good in the 1st half... fueled the run that put us up 15....

Seventyniner
05-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Last time the Spurs played at OC in the playoffs, Parker sat out the second half. He was motivated tonight.

spurraider21
05-07-2016, 02:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b4D0M9zTRw

spurraider21
05-07-2016, 02:40 AM
aside from the 2 FT's, this was his most clutch play

https://i.gyazo.com/c75278266eedae799f2035d2c3d4d2b1.gif

honestfool84
05-07-2016, 02:44 AM
YES! That rebound was huuuuge!

Dro210
05-07-2016, 03:02 AM

YES! That rebound was huuuuge!

Agreed... Also thought the play where he got to the rim with around 7 minutes to go was big.

MI21
05-07-2016, 04:33 AM

:lol Ibaka not bodylining that ball, what a pussy.

DAF86
05-07-2016, 04:43 AM

He has played well every game on this playoff 'till this one. So his ratio is 6 to 1, tbh. Pretty damn good.

tholdren
05-07-2016, 08:41 AM
what does parker do? bail out KL

DarrinS
05-07-2016, 08:44 AM
what does parker do? bail out KL

tholdren
05-07-2016, 08:47 AM
I find it laughable too. You would assume a real FMVP wouldn't have to rely on so many others to be considered - the man... role player

DarrinS
05-07-2016, 08:48 AM
I find it laughable too. You would assume a real FMVP wouldn't have to rely on so many others to be considered - the man... role player

Salty

tholdren
05-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Salty
why? Spurs won. KL just needs to get it together before WCF or he will be exposed.

gambit1990
05-11-2016, 08:16 PM
average less assists than draymond & lowry in the 2016 nba playoffs.

gambit1990
05-12-2016, 10:38 PM
play 13 more minutes than andre miller in an elimination game while getting one less assist and having two more turnovers than a 40 year old pg.

Beaverfuzz
05-12-2016, 10:40 PM
He's going to Sizzler!

gambit1990
06-22-2016, 07:32 PM
average 9.8 points, 4.8 assists, 2.3 turnovers against a stacked memphis team :lol

play 13 more minutes than andre miller in an elimination game while getting one less assist and having two more turnovers than a 40 year old pg.
and today against serbia:

Parker's final performance in Paris likely wasn't the one he envisioned. He finished with 10 points on 1-of-11 shooting and added six assists.

this is more of a problem than people are willing to admit... or they just aren't smart enough to realize.

we cannot afford the person who has the ball the most being so ineffective.

look_at_g_shred
06-22-2016, 08:07 PM
Eat cap space (pun intended)

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Be a top-3 scorer on the team and lead the team in assists like he has his whole career.

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Wohoo! Andre Miller! The man who scored 2 points on 33% shooting and had 4 assists in garbage time! Amazing!

gambit1990
06-23-2016, 11:43 AM
Be a top-3 scorer on the team and lead the team in assists like he has his whole career.
:lol he's the starting pg you dumbass, leading the team in assists is literally the least he can do.

Wohoo! Andre Miller! The man who scored 2 points on 33% shooting and had 4 assists in garbage time! Amazing!
parker got benched with 7 minutes left to go in the third and never returned. the spurs looked a lot better in the second half than the first. go watch it, miller controls the tempo, has great court vision.

gambit1990
06-23-2016, 11:46 AM
parker fans stills using "he leads the team in assists" :lol

if we're so lucky to have a different starting pg next year... guess what? he'll lead the team in assists too.

gambit1990
06-23-2016, 12:05 PM
and you can cite those numbers... but even then andre miller outplayed tp. in an elimination game. embarrassing.

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 12:27 PM
and you can cite those numbers... but even then andre miller outplayed tp. in an elimination game. embarrassing.
So now scoring 1/3 the points on worse shooting is playing better? Got it.

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 12:30 PM
parker fans stills using "he leads the team in assists" :lol

if we're so lucky to have a different starting pg next year... guess what? he'll lead the team in assists too.
Let's see him do it for 15 years in a row...and lead the team in scoring for a bunch of them.

dabom
06-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Parker was already on a sharp decline in 2014. He was a bum these last 2 playoffs. Do people still think scoring is enough to offset his lack of playmaking/defense? He is a liability especially vs championship caliber teams that can easily take advantage. He has no 3 point shot, he can't do his tear drop anymore, and jumper is shot when you really need it. He also doesn't get to the free throw line anymore. :lol

Does anyone still fucking defend him? :lmao

gambit1990
06-23-2016, 12:35 PM
So now scoring 1/3 the points on worse shooting is playing better? Got it.
andre miller shot 1/3... but had 2 more rebounds, 1 more assist, and 2 less turnovers than parker. parker played for 23 minutes. miller? 9.

tp was also -9 that game, miller was +9.

and some stuff doesn't show up in the boxscore, stuff i previously mentioned: miller's control of tempo & court vision.

gambit1990
06-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Let's see him do it for 15 years in a row...and lead the team in scoring for a bunch of them.
i don't need that from our next starting pg. i just need him to be better than tony parker is at the present moment.

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Parker was already on a sharp decline in 2014. He was a bum these last 2 playoffs. Do people still think scoring is enough to offset his lack of playmaking/defense? He is a liability especially vs championship caliber teams that can easily take advantage. He has no 3 point shot, he can't do his tear drop anymore, and jumper is shot when you really need it. He also doesn't get to the free throw line anymore. :lol

Parker's 2014 "sharp decline":

Only All-Star on Spurs
Only All-NBA player on Spurs
Leads team in scoring throughout the regular season
Leads team in assists throughout the regular season
Leads team in scoring throughout the playoffs
Leads team in assists throughout the playoffs
Leads team in scoring in the Finals
Bails Spurs out of only elimination game with 32 points

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 12:46 PM
andre miller shot 1/3... but had 2 more rebounds, 1 more assist, and 2 less turnovers than parker. parker played for 23 minutes. miller? 9.

tp was also -9 that game, miller was +9.

and some stuff doesn't show up in the boxscore, stuff i previously mentioned: miller's control of tempo & court vision.
2/4/3/0/0 on 33% shooting

Amazing garbage-time stats in a blowout loss. If this is the type of thing you're looking for, then you're right: Parker's not your guy.

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 12:51 PM

No 3 point shot? You do realize he shot 43% last year and 42% this year from 3 right?

You know that Steph Curry has never shot better than 45% from 3 right?

dabom
06-23-2016, 12:52 PM
No 3 point shot? You do realize he shot 43% last year and 42% this year from 3 right?

You know that Steph Curry has never shot better than 45% from 3 right?

He shot 0% in the clippers series.... :lmao

dabom
06-23-2016, 12:53 PM
I'm not here to argue with porker slurpers. :lol

dabom
06-23-2016, 12:56 PM
Only player worse on the roster is Fathead. :lol

gambit1990
06-23-2016, 12:56 PM
2/4/3/0/0 on 33% shooting

Amazing garbage-time stats in a blowout loss. If this is the type of thing you're looking for, then you're right: Parker's not your guy.
parker isn't my guy.

i guess parker's your guy so feel free to pay him $14,000,000 to get you 6 points and 3 assists.

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 12:58 PM
Of course not, that would require facts. It works better to just say, "Hey guise! Porker droppded off in 2014 big time! I promise!"

dabom
06-23-2016, 12:59 PM
Of course not, that would require facts. It works better to just say, "Hey guise! Porker droppded off in 2014 big time! I promise!"

At least you acknowledged you are a porker slurper. Good job. :toast

K...
06-23-2016, 12:59 PM

There isn't an argument. Some people think Parker is needs to leave this year, others would prefer he stay pending a replacement. Gambit is neither, just a twat who likes to complain about a player whom geehe has no control over.

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 01:00 PM
parker isn't my guy.

i guess parker's your guy so feel free to pay him $14,000,000 to get you 6 points and 3 assists.
Well of course when you consider that Parker's never been (and never will be) paid a top-30 salary in the league, you realize you've done pretty well, considering Parker has been a top-5 player multiple seasons.

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 01:02 PM
At least you acknowledged you are a porker slurper. Good job. :toast
Definitely a fan of TP and the rest of the team. Must suck to hate the players on your "team."

K...
parker isn't my guy.

Ok, I guess you don't have to pay him. We were gonna bill you for a fractional share (1/100) but you're right, you should only patty the salaries you like not the ones you are contractually obligated. Like my apartment is hot this month, so I'm going to ask the lessor to rebate my rent.

dabom
There isn't an argument. Some people think Parker is needs to leave this year, others would prefer he stay pending a replacement. Gambit is neither, just a twat who likes to complain about a player whom geehe has no control over.

Gambit is just getting at and having his last word. Like he should. He is also doing a service for a lot of posters that have the same view and agree with him.

SASdynasty!
06-23-2016, 01:07 PM
Ok, I guess you don't have to pay him. We were gonna bill you for a fractional share (1/100) but you're right, you should only patty the salaries you like not the ones you are contractually obligated. Like my apartment is hot this month, so I'm going to ask the lessor to rebate my rent.
Or better yet, since Parker was only making $1.5 million in 2005 after helping the Spurs win 2 championships (top 3 scorer, assist leader) and since we were pretty sure he was going to win FMVP in 2007, let's retroactively increase his pay. Maybe we can go back in time and pay him the $10-15 million he was worth back then. Then we could predict his 2015 decline (and injuries), and adjust his paycheck beforehand (again, with a time machine).

keeferob25
06-23-2016, 01:13 PM
At the end of the day the likely contenders for next year (other than us) are: LAC, OKC, CLE, GSW just as they were this year. Those teams trot out the following PGs on a nightly:

Russell Westbrook (a walking triple double)
Chris Paul (near perfect PG)
Kyrie Irving (when "on" is literally un-guardable)
Steph Curry (nothing needs to be said)

We are trotting out an over the hill PG that can no longer beat his man off the dribble and honestly Parker can barely get clear even with a pick set. None of the PGs in todays league have to break much of a sweat guarding Parker and they damn sure don't have to break a sweat scoring on him. Facing these teams, we lose the PG battle by a catastrophic LANDSLIDE straight out of the gate...on both ends. How can ANYONE picture us winning a championship next year with a PG that the best you can hope for is that he's NOT A LIABILITY...the hell with actually being a plus?? That's insane. The best Parker can do is be demoted to the bench (he's not getting traded). At that point, we have one of the best backups in the league that has a better chance at winning his match-up. The issue of course is then, who starts?

TheGoldStandard
06-23-2016, 01:22 PM
At the end of the day the likely contenders for next year (other than us) are: LAC, OKC, CLE, GSW just as they were this year. Those teams trot out the following PGs on a nightly:

Russell Westbrook (a walking triple double)
Chris Paul (near perfect PG)
Kyrie Irving (when "on" is literally un-guardable)
Steph Curry (nothing needs to be said)

We are trotting out an over the hill PG that can no longer beat his man off the dribble and honestly Parker can barely get clear even with a pick set. None of the PGs in todays league have to break much of a sweat guarding Parker and they damn sure don't have to break a sweat scoring on him. Facing these teams, we lose the PG battle by a catastrophic LANDSLIDE straight out of the gate...on both ends. How can ANYONE picture us winning a championship next year with a PG that the best you can hope for is that he's NOT A LIABILITY...the hell with actually being a plus?? That's insane. The best Parker can do is be demoted to the bench (he's not getting traded). At that point, we have one of the best backups in the league that has a better chance at winning his match-up. The issue of course is then, who starts?

Well, the problem is he goes the wrong direction on most of those screens because he's looking for a jump shot and not looking to drive and kick. He gets caught in no mans land when they switch and the defender basically sags off allowing him to take a bad shot so he tries to pass and its a turnover. Almost everyone goes under those screens too, they're not afraid of his shooting

SpursforSix
06-23-2016, 01:25 PM
I really don't think any posters hate Parker or dispute that he can still play in the NBA. But to even most casual fans, paying him that kind of money for that long was ridiculous and it was pretty easy to predict the effect it was going to have on the team's ability to bring in players.

At this point, it is what it is. I hope they can trade him. If not, I hope they can bring in a starting point guard and let Tony come off the bench.

As keeferob said, all of the real contenders have great point guards and Parker will get exposed against any of them in a playoff series. Not that Conley is on the level of all of those guys but he'd be a significant improvement over Parker.

keeferob25
06-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Well, the problem is he goes the wrong direction on most of those screens because he's looking for a jump shot and not looking to drive and kick. He gets caught in no mans land when they switch and the defender basically sags off allowing him to take a bad shot so he tries to pass and its a turnover. Almost everyone goes under those screens too, they're not afraid of his shooting

Spot on!

SpursforSix
06-23-2016, 01:47 PM

Spot on!

This is what leads to him wasting so much time on the shot clock. As you said, he goes around the wrong side of the pick, then has to back out. Then he usually takes a dribble or two to try to penetrate, then backs out and does it again. Then finally passes to Leonard with about 4 or 5 seconds left. Forcing Leonard into an immediate decision to either drive or take a fall away jumper.

keeferob25
06-23-2016, 01:48 PM
I really don't think any posters hate Parker or dispute that he can still play in the NBA. But to even most casual fans, paying him that kind of money for that long was ridiculous and it was pretty easy to predict the effect it was going to have on the team's ability to bring in players.

At this point, it is what it is. I hope they can trade him. If not, I hope they can bring in a starting point guard and let Tony come off the bench.

As keeferob said, all of the real contenders have great point guards and Parker will get exposed against any of them in a playoff series. Not that Conley is on the level of all of those guys but he'd be a significant improvement over Parker.

Totally agreed. Many simply associate being critical with being negative or "hating". It CAN be but it can also be honesty. And Parker is just not a starter on a championship squad in TODAY'S NBA. Conley would be a massive upgrade even if he's definitely not in their category simply because he can penetrate, finish with both hands on both sides and he's a capable shooter. Those WERE things Parker did well for us for a long time but its just not the case anymore. The bench is what's best for him at this point.

gambit1990
06-23-2016, 02:37 PM
wtf? i made a thread in january saying i wanted to trade him. you don't remember? i owned you in that thread too.

:lmao are you for real? i'm not saying the spurs should magically reduce his salary to a rate he deserves. i want him traded, he still get paid dumbass.

gambit1990
08-22-2016, 05:05 PM
retire from international play without an olympic or fiba world cup medal.

apalisoc_9
08-22-2016, 11:37 PM

SASdynasty!
08-23-2016, 07:51 AM
FMVP & Eurobasket gold more than makes up for it.

Diego20
08-23-2016, 08:12 AM

:cry FMVP :cry

gambit1990
08-23-2016, 10:08 AM
finals mvp has nothing to with international play :lol
winning it against boobie gibson :lol

winning against: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/Eurobasket_2013_participants_-_en.svg/680px-Eurobasket_2013_participants_-_en.svg.png "more than makes up for" not winning a medal in worldwide competition :lol
france winning a bronze in worldwide competition with parker doesn't play :lol

SASdynasty!
08-23-2016, 10:50 AM
:cry FMVP :cry
Parker and Dirk are the only international players to win FMVP. The NBA is far and away the best worldwide stage for basketball. The olympics are great, except the best players don't even play most of the time. Serbia won silver for crying out loud. And FIBA is even worse for top players not even playing. FMVP is the highest individual basketball honor that exists, and Parker and Dirk won it by outplaying a guy who will go down as a top-3 player of all time.

gambit1990
08-23-2016, 11:01 AM
Parker and Dirk are the only international players to win FMVP. The NBA is far and away the best worldwide stage for basketball. The olympics are great, except the best players don't even play most of the time. Serbia won silver for crying out loud. And FIBA is even worse for top players not even playing. FMVP is the highest individual basketball honor that exists, and Parker and Dirk won it by outplaying a guy who will go down as a top-3 player of all time.

the 2007 cavs roster was a fucking joke.
trying to lump parker playing against boobie gibson with dirk's legendary playoff run. parker has never carried the spurs the way dirk carried the mavs the postseason he won.

SASdynasty!
08-23-2016, 01:37 PM

the 2007 cavs roster was a fucking joke.
trying to lump parker playing against boobie gibson with dirk's legendary playoff run. parker has never carried the spurs the way dirk carried the mavs the postseason he won.
That 2007 Cavs squad wrecked the Billups/Rip/Wallace/Tayshaun/Webber/McDyess Pistons, a team that swept the Howard/Turkgolu/Hill Magic. They also beat the Kidd/Carter/Jefferson Nets that run.

They weren't garbage at all and it would have been a good series if Parker didn't elevate him game into another stratosphere because the fact was that Duncan and Ginobili had below-average series.

The only reason you say that team was garbage is because they got swept. They were better than the '03 Nets but nobody thinks that because the Nets took 2 games that series.

Play Boban
08-23-2016, 10:33 PM
The way I see it the only thing Tony does is bang his teammates' wives and girlfriends.

gambit1990
08-23-2016, 10:51 PM
That 2007 Cavs squad wrecked the Billups/Rip/Wallace/Tayshaun/Webber/McDyess Pistons, a team that swept the Howard/Turkgolu/Hill Magic. They also beat the Kidd/Carter/Jefferson Nets that run.

They weren't garbage at all and it would have been a good series if Parker didn't elevate him game into another stratosphere because the fact was that Duncan and Ginobili had below-average series.

The only reason you say that team was garbage is because they got swept. They were better than the '03 Nets but nobody thinks that because the Nets took 2 games that series.
pistons were old, the magic never accomplished anything, neither did kidd's nets.

you saying the cavs roster wasn't garbage at all :lol

do you even know who was on that cavs team? know who played the most minutes in the finals outside of lebron? boobie gibson, drew gooden, larry hughes, zydrunas ilgauskas, aleksander pavloic :lmao

they had NO shot blockers. perfect for a score first pg to win finals mvp.

dabom
08-23-2016, 10:53 PM
pistons were old, the magic never accomplished anything, neither did kidd's nets.

you saying the cavs roster wasn't garbage at all :lol

do you even know who was on that cavs team? know who played the most minutes in the finals outside of lebron? boobie gibson, drew gooden, larry hughes, zydrunas ilgauskas, aleksander pavloic :lmao

they had NO shot blockers. perfect for a score first pg to win finals mvp.

We all know Tony shrinks vs elite 7 footers or shot blockers his whole career.

gambit1990
08-23-2016, 11:00 PM
We all know Tony shrinks vs elite 7 footers or shot blockers his whole career.
who parker had to face in the 2007 nba finals: boobie gibson and an old ass eric snow :lol

Hoops Czar
08-23-2016, 11:52 PM

How many does Paddy Mills have?

dabom
08-23-2016, 11:57 PM

This suggests Porker is in Patty's stratosphere or of equal players.

gambit1990
08-24-2016, 12:01 AM
same amount as parker. patty hasn't retired from international play though.

and the spurs are paying parker $11 million more.

SASdynasty!
08-24-2016, 07:11 AM
How many does Patty have?
How many does Kawhi have?
How many does Duncan have?

dabom
08-24-2016, 07:34 AM

What have they won without each other? :lol

gambit1990
08-24-2016, 11:04 AM

same amount as parker. patty hasn't retired from international play though.

and the spurs are paying parker $11 million more.

he'll have more than parker ever will.

has more than parker ever will.

oh, and this thread is about parker btw. keep deflecting though :lol

SASdynasty!
08-24-2016, 11:18 AM
he'll have more than parker ever will.

has more than parker ever will.

oh, and this thread is about parker btw. keep deflecting though :lol
If by deflecting you mean to say that international accomplishments mean very little compared to NBA accomplishments, then I guess I'm deflecting. Give me Duncan and Parker all day over Olympic gold Manu and Carmello.

gambit1990
08-24-2016, 11:24 AM
If by deflecting you mean to say that international accomplishments mean very little compared to NBA accomplishments, then I guess I'm deflecting. Give me Duncan and Parker all day over Olympic gold Manu and Carmello.
the title of the thread: what does parker do, tbh?

Diego20
08-24-2016, 01:17 PM

Duncan has a bronze medal (2004), TP doesn't.

From Downtown
08-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Duncan has one actually (maybe more than one even)

gambit1990
08-24-2016, 02:06 PM
parker still has a chance to get in my good graces. he has to change the way he plays though. i won't hold my breath.

he dribbles like cp3 and nash but gets significantly less out of doing so.

his athleticism is declining... everyone on here can agree to that, yes? and he's never had court vision like his contemporaries. even westbrook managed to average damn near twice as many assists as parker last season.

so why start someone who's not that athletic and without court vision at pg? parker was having some trouble keeping up with his man in the olympics. he's not going to get better defensively.

dejounte murray is 6'5 with a 6'9.5 wingspan.

parker was always a scoring point guard. we don't need that with kawhi/lma/gasol in the starting lineup.

SASdynasty!
08-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Duncan has a bronze medal (2004), TP doesn't.
Arguably the most embarrassing Olympic finish of all time.

U.S. Men's Olympic basketball without Duncan: 133-2
U.S. Men's Olympic basketball with peak Duncan: 5-3

Conclusion: The olympics basically mean nothing.

gambit1990
08-24-2016, 03:19 PM
you're the one who asked.

the answer is more than parker.

SASdynasty!
08-24-2016, 09:23 PM
you're the one who asked.
That's the point of a rhetorical question.

james evans
08-27-2016, 06:12 AM

umm, I think we can blame that on Larry Brown giving Lebron and Melo's minutes to Richard Jeffferson. Don't ya think? Brown simply didn't know what the fuck he was doing overcoaching a team with that talent and for some reason, I feel popovich is gonna make the same mistakes in 2020.

K...
08-27-2016, 08:02 AM
umm, I think we can blame that on Larry Brown giving Lebron and Melo's minutes to Richard Jeffferson. Don't ya think? Brown simply didn't know what the fuck he was doing overcoaching a team with that talent and for some reason, I feel popovich is gonna make the same mistakes in 2020.

Hence the conclusion. It doesn't mean bean anything unless you are a non-nba player.

If you've ever followed the nba you know that Nike calls the shots on those dream teams. Can't let those Adidas players get big minutes.

Clipper Nation
08-27-2016, 09:31 AM

That isn't more embarrassing than Team France going from Silver without Porker in 2000 to not even qualifying for the Olympics at all with Porker in 2004.

SASdynasty!
08-27-2016, 01:16 PM
That isn't more embarrassing than Team France going from Silver without Porker in 2000 to not even qualifying for the Olympics at all with Porker in 2004.
It's MUCH more embarassing. Good thing no one cares about Olympic basketball anymore, especially the top players.

dabom
08-27-2016, 01:20 PM
It's MUCH more embarassing. Good thing no one cares about Olympic basketball anymore, especially the top players.

Why was Tony still playing in the Olympics if he didn't care about it? You people make no sense. :lol

gambit1990
08-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Eurobasket gold more than makes up for it.
"the olympics don't matter but eurobasket does" :lmao

dabom
08-27-2016, 01:44 PM
"the olympics don't matter but eurobasket does" :lmao