PDA

View Full Version : I remember when everyone thought we were gonna lose to OKC because we got swept...

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Act like you've been here before Spursfans...

Dancelot
04-10-2016, 08:23 PM
^this

mexicanjunior
04-10-2016, 08:24 PM
These Warriors aren't OKC, they have skins on the wall.

Darius Bieber
04-10-2016, 08:24 PM
lol at comparing the Warriors to OKC. That Spurs team in 2014 were on a mission and lightyears better than the trash team this year. Spurs will get dominated in the playoffs.

SpursFan86
04-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Did OKC win 72-73 games in 2014?

I mean I get what your saying, but it's really not comparable. 2014 Thunder weren't nearly as good as the Warriors.

siraulo23
04-10-2016, 08:26 PM
Spurs treated this game like its the finals and still lost at home

DMC
04-10-2016, 08:28 PM
All the new players cannot be expected to have "beautiful game" performance in the 1st year, especially the really new ones. Just accept your season thus far and eat your burritos.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-10-2016, 08:31 PM
kek you're really comparing OKC to Golden State? No remote comparison between the two.

tbdog
04-10-2016, 08:32 PM

BS. Pop still isn't calling certain plays against the Dubs. No high and lows for LMA for eg. No Horns. No zipper loop. Pop didn't play Diaw and TD. This was another look on how to defend them more than how we play offense against them.

spursmvp
04-11-2016, 12:27 AM
We need cp3 to injure curry just like he did to ibaka.

coachmac87
04-11-2016, 12:31 AM
OP isn't comparing teams lmao

Spurs got owned by every single contender that year in the regular season. They were written off on this forum by MANY during that time.

Not saying things will be the same outcome...but we've gotten over hurdles before and this one doesn't seem impossible

spurs10
04-11-2016, 12:36 AM
Spurs treated this game like its the finals and still lost at home If you think Boris Diaw and Tim Duncan are going to be benched in the Finals then...sure. If you think Kevin Martin is going to play the entire 4th quarter in the Finals then.... sure. Did you pay attention to the line-up when we went into the 4th quarter- after Steph "went off on us" in the 3rd- and we were down i point. That squad out there gave up a boatload of points before LMA came back in and almost saved us.

Hoops Czar
04-11-2016, 12:38 AM
I remember when everybody here was already game planning for Miami in the finals and then the backdoor sweep happened.

soxxx
04-11-2016, 12:38 AM
Act like you've been here before Spursfans...
They all forget, or how about when this whole board thought we were gunna lose to the Lakers in 2013 because the Blazer blew us out at home.

Obstructed_View
04-11-2016, 12:41 AM
The Spurs are in exactly the same place they were before today: Underdog to dethrone the defending champions.

DenialTwist
04-11-2016, 01:37 AM
OKC in 2014 wasn't even half the team this Warriors juggernaut is. No comparison.

siraulo23
04-11-2016, 01:38 AM
If you think Boris Diaw and Tim Duncan are going to be benched in the Finals then...sure. If you think Kevin Martin is going to play the entire 4th quarter in the Finals then.... sure. Did you pay attention to the line-up when we went into the 4th quarter- after Steph "went off on us" in the 3rd- and we were down i point. That squad out there gave up a boatload of points before LMA came back in and almost saved us.

im talking about effort wise, you could tell the spurs wanted to win this badly, this is probably the hardest they played all year

pop put in those lineups because he was trying hard to find lineup combinations that can work and leonard and aldridge cant play 48 minutes

houston spurs fan
04-11-2016, 01:39 AM
Did OKC win 72-73 games in 2014?

I mean I get what your saying, but it's really not comparable. 2014 Thunder weren't nearly as good as the Warriors.
The teams in the WC were wayyyyyyy better in 2014. Their win total just like ours is super inflated.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-11-2016, 01:45 AM

What? No we didnt

Spurs 4 The Win
04-11-2016, 01:47 AM
If you think Boris Diaw and Tim Duncan are going to be benched in the Finals then...sure. If you think Kevin Martin is going to play the entire 4th quarter in the Finals then.... sure. Did you pay attention to the line-up when we went into the 4th quarter- after Steph "went off on us" in the 3rd- and we were down i point. That squad out there gave up a boatload of points before LMA came back in and almost saved us.

This. Lol Boban played most of the 4th. We played the first home game against them like it was the finals. This game was way more unpolished and sloppy with experimental lineups, shitty reffing, and easy missed shots and we still almost won. Im certainly not pessimistic after this game. Im unchanged on my view of this matchup.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-11-2016, 01:49 AM
The teams in the WC were wayyyyyyy better in 2014. Their win total just like ours is super inflated.

Agree and disagree. Aldridge helps us get wins much easier than we used to against regular season opponents. Our age was affecting us in some of the matchups. Probably a little bit of both.

spurs10
04-11-2016, 02:06 AM
This. Lol Boban played most of the 4th. We played the first home game against them like it was the finals. This game was way more unpolished and sloppy with experimental lineups, shitty reffing, and easy missed shots and we still almost won. Im certainly not pessimistic after this game. Im unchanged on my view of this matchup.
Exactly we are not playing Boban, Martin, and Anderson for large portions of the 4th quarter of the WCF. In fact I'd be surprised if any of them get minutes at all.

The first time they played in SA was indeed a lot more indicative of how we will approach this team.