PDA

View Full Version : It's time to face reality: the Warriors are simply the better team.

Uriel
04-10-2016, 08:30 PM
The Spurs are an elite team, and in many other years, we might have won the championship.

But this Warriors team might be the best in NBA history. They're young, athletic, talented, deep, and they're better than us at nearly every position. The only game we beat them in, they played without half their rotation on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, and even then, we only barely squeaked by.

We might get lucky and win a game or two in the playoffs. But I just cannot envision a scenario in which we beat them in a 7-game series with Game 7 in Oracle, short of Curry tearing his ACL.

It pains me to my soul to admit it, but the Warriors are, quite simply, the better team.

timtonymanu
04-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Why don't you post an article about this like you always do?

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 08:32 PM
This has been obvious for months, I don't know why anybody would deny it in the first place:lol

mexicanjunior
04-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Agreed...Spurs are not even in the same league.

DPG21920
04-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Spurs are definitely capable of beating GS and have more head room to improve based on what we've seen in the 4 games this year. GS is better, but not by much if SA plays their best. It's just that SA has little margin for error where GS has a decent amount.

But if the Spurs just improve their shooting (which is not unreasonable at all to assume) they can win and should have. They should have won tonight. The only thing was shooting but Spurs won every where else. If they just shoot bad vs terrible they win tonight.

DMC
04-10-2016, 08:35 PM
I've been telling you this all season. We were beaten like refugees in the opening round last year. They won the ring. We got Aldridge and Tim basically enrolled at Shady Acres. We played great RS ball, against shitty teams trying to find their rhythm and dealing with all sorts of adversities. We should be thankful we have a playoffs again to watch. Tim will likely retire having never missed the playoffs, with 5 rings. Do you really expect a 1st year hybrid team to beat a team poised to win 73 games, a defending champion at that?

It could happen. We've killed giants before. We might be out of stones for our sling however.

Darius Bieber
Spurs are barely top 5 in the league. Clippers, Cavs and OKC would all destroy the Spurs in a series.

fresnodog
No doubt in my mind. But fuck them anyways and there bandwagon fans.

DarrinS
04-10-2016, 08:36 PM
Uriel is such a huge pussy. Male? Female? Who can tell?

DMC
Agreed...Spurs are not even in the same league.
This isn't true. They are the only team in the league that's in the same league, and one of the few who've beaten GS this year.

Uriel
Why don't you post an article about this like you always do?
I can actually do that for you if you really wanted me to. But it hurts too much to even go to any NBA-related websites right now.

UZER
04-10-2016, 08:37 PM
The only team that can beat the Warriors in the playoffs is the Spurs. None of this matters until they meet.

ElNono
04-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Not worried, gimmicky team has 2nd round ceiling, tbh

spurs10
04-10-2016, 08:38 PM
Tonight's loss was a surprise and an embarrassment. It's sure got to be motivational!

DarrinS
04-10-2016, 08:39 PM
I can actually do that for you if you really wanted me to. But it hurts too much to even go to any NBA-related websites right now.

:depressed the feels :depressed

Darius Bieber
04-10-2016, 08:39 PM
This isn't true. They are the only team in the league that's in the same league, and one of the few who've beaten GS this year.

By that logic, the Wolves, Lakers, Bucks, and Celtics should be part of this league as well.

ducks
04-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Boris changes everything

Budkin
04-10-2016, 08:43 PM
Boris changes everything

Pop has the strategy he needs. We'll see what happens.

Mugen
04-10-2016, 08:43 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/WellmadeThunderousFlatfish.gif

ducks
04-10-2016, 08:45 PM
@JMcDonald_SAEN

Btw, I'm pretty sure Pop opened the 4Q against GS with the home streak on the line with a lineup that has never played together before.

DMC
04-10-2016, 08:47 PM
By that logic, the Wolves, Lakers, Bucks, and Celtics should be part of this league as well.

So then you're saying A+B=C is the same logic as A or B = C.

Chris
04-10-2016, 08:47 PM
I've been telling you this all season. We were beaten like refugees in the opening round last year. They won the ring. We got Aldridge and Tim basically enrolled at Shady Acres. We played great RS ball, against shitty teams trying to find their rhythm and dealing with all sorts of adversities. We should be thankful we have a playoffs again to watch. Tim will likely retire having never missed the playoffs, with 5 rings. Do you really expect a 1st year hybrid team to beat a team poised to win 73 games, a defending champion at that?

It could happen. We've killed giants before. We might be out of stones for our sling however.

Your post: It runs deep. :tu

Darius Bieber
04-10-2016, 08:48 PM
So then you're saying A+B=C is the same logic as A or B = C.

Nope. Just saying your example of why the Spurs are in the same league as the Warriors doesn't have merit.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 08:49 PM
FUCK THIS SHIT.

K...
04-10-2016, 08:49 PM
if the spurs win it's bc one of the players, Diaw, LMA, kawhi,parker in terms of likeliness....becomes the best player in the series.

Or Pop massively overcoaches the no spine Kerr.

DMC
04-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Nope. Just saying your example of why the Spurs are in the same league as the Warriors doesn't have merit.

Then you don't understand logic. You should stop using the term.

Spurs are 6 games back of the Warriors with 65 wins. The next closest team is what, 12 games back of the Spurs?

Spurs are the only team capable of beating the Warriors in a series. I didn't say why they were in the same league. Again, you don't understand how logic works.

K...
04-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Not worried, gimmicky team has 2nd round ceiling, tbh

lol, the spurs or the worriers? Which is more gimmicky?

DMC
04-10-2016, 08:51 PM
FUCK THIS SHIT.
Do it, I dare you. Take the entire bottle.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Do it, I dare you. Take the entire bottle.
i'm going to drink a 40 of everclear tonight fuck this shit

Darius Bieber
Then you don't understand logic. You should stop using the term.

Spurs are 6 games back of the Warriors with 65 wins. The next closest team is what, 12 games back of the Spurs?

Spurs are the only team capable of beating the Warriors in a series. I didn't say why they were in the same league. Again, you don't understand how logic works.

The Warriors and Spurs' records are inflated. This league is very top heavy. Not a lot of good teams at all - teams both the Warriors and the Spurs are expected to beat. That's why the Spurs' record is so good, while their play has been lackluster at best.

ElNono
It's never time to face reality until it's win or go home, tbh

daslicer
04-10-2016, 08:54 PM
So much fear Spur fans have of this Warrior teams its pretty pathetic. Not even in '02 did spur fans have this type of fear of the Lakers despite suffering the traumatic '01 sweep.

dunkman
04-10-2016, 08:55 PM
This was a meaningless game. Won or lost, the Spurs have the #2 seed in the West and HCA if they reach the finals.

If Pop has a plan for the Warriors, he will show it only in the WCF if those teams get there.

DPG21920
04-10-2016, 08:55 PM
The Warriors and Spurs' records are inflated. This league is very top heavy. Not a lot of good teams at all - teams both the Warriors and the Spurs are expected to beat. That's why the Spurs' record is so good, while their play has been lackluster at best.

This is just not true at all. At all. You don't get this many wins by being "lacklustre". You don't have one of the best point differentials of all time by being lackluster. Everyone played the same teams as SA did, but SA won more and by a bigger margin.

Everything we've seen says SA is right there. Right there. There is plenty of room for SA to improve vs GS and I think they are doing things that are repeatable which is the key.

SpurPadre
04-10-2016, 08:56 PM
I'm of the belief that you can't make absolute statements like that until you get ousted in the playoffs...but yeah, our chances look very slim.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 08:57 PM
fuck this shit
fuck ass

just fuck ass

UNT Eagles 2016
I'm gonna drink a 40 of everclear tonight

Ice009
I don't give up. Unlike most of the pussies here on the forum and half the team. If you guys want to give up, curl up in the fetal position and stop posting.

midnightpulp
So much fear Spur fans have of this Warrior teams its pretty pathetic. Not even in '02 did spur fans have this type of fear of the Lakers despite suffering the traumatic '01 sweep.

:lol Yes we did.

And the Spurs did too. They had a 4th quarter lead against the '02 Lakers in every game, and shit the bed in all of them but 1.

We're seeing a similar mental blockage from our guys against the Warriors. That, and the Warriors are just more talented.

daslicer
04-10-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm gonna drink a 40 of everclear tonight

Go get somebody pregnant hopefully you succeed this time around.

Mikeanaro
This was a meaningless game. Won or lost, the Spurs have the #2 seed in the West and HCA if they reach the finals.

If Pop has a plan for the Warriors, he will show it only in the WCF if those teams get there.
NO! HE MUST SHOW THE PLAN NOW SO ALL THESE COCKSUCKERS CAN FEEL BETTER! NOW IS THE TIME! TIME IS NOW! IS TIME NOW!!!

DMC

You cannot say their record is better than their play. It doesn't make sense. They aren't competing against past Spurs teams. They are competing against whomever is on their schedule. They have a larger margin of victory on average than ever in the history of the franchise. However GS is just that good. They are head and shoulders better than SA on offense, and almost as good, if not as good, on defense.

Aldridge, a guy ST called a soft pussy for years, is our best player on offense and one of the top defenders on the team. Then you have KL who didn't have a 3pt shot when he came into the league as our 2nd best on offense, competing for best on both offense and defense, then you have a very steep dropoff to role guys and washed up "big 3" guys. Manu still plays with intensity and is still a threat, but as a whole, the Spurs are now a new guy and KL, with the rest of the role players popping in and out of relevance like whack-a-mole. We have 65 fucking wins with that and people are slitting their throats over a regular season loss and calling the entire season over.

UNT Eagles 2016
Go get somebody pregnant hopefully you succeed this time around.
at least I'd have something to live for for a change

midnightpulp
04-10-2016, 08:59 PM
I don't give up. Unlike most of the pussies here on the forum and half the team. If you guys want to give up, curl up in the fetal position and stop posting.

Nothing wrong with having hope, you just have to be aware of the fact that we're a huge underdog. Saying the Warriors are a beast isn't giving up hope, just stating the obvious, like I'm sure Buster Douglas thought entering the ring against Tyson.

DMC
04-10-2016, 09:00 PM
at least I'd have something to live for for a change

Just make the call or shut up about it.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Just make the call or shut up about it.
call?

daslicer
04-10-2016, 09:01 PM
:lol Yes we did.

And the Spurs did too. They had a 4th quarter lead against the '02 Lakers in every game, and shit the bed in all of them but 1.

We're seeing a similar mental blockage from our guys against the Warriors. That, and the Warriors are just more talented.

I can't recall fans on the old Spurs Report making threads proclaiming the Lakers are the greatest of all time or worshiping Kobe and Shaq. Yes people knew the odds were against the spurs back then but no one threw in the towel until the series was over in '02. I can't even recall the Lakers getting any love after winning in '02 against the Spurs. All they got was hate. This new generation of fans are just weak in my eyes that's how I see it.

DMC
04-10-2016, 09:02 PM
call?
You keep talking about having nothing to live for. Stop whining like a pussy and kill yourself or shut up about it.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 09:03 PM
You keep talking about having nothing to live for. Stop whining like a pussy and kill yourself or shut up about it.
i'm gonna go get drunk... i'm over 21 so it's not illegal mods

LkrFan
04-10-2016, 09:04 PM

:lol

Ice009
04-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Nothing wrong with having hope, you just have to be aware of the fact that we're a huge underdog. Saying the Warriors are a beast isn't giving up hope, just stating the obvious, like I'm sure Buster Douglas thought entering the ring against Tyson.

I know they're good, but if you give up, you don't have a chance to win. A lot of fans here have simply given up, and it even seems like some of the players do too at times. That's not the attitude you've got to have if you want to win. You can use that in anything. Not just Basketball.

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 09:10 PM
Have they beaten the Spurs in a PLAYOFF series yet?:wakeup

~O~
04-10-2016, 09:23 PM
I see Golden State as a legitimate/authentic version of the Lakers and a more exciting younger version of the Spurs. Its the system they play and the players within the system. A hybrid of triangle(Various cuts of wings and guards) and the Spurs system (Pace, Ball movement, Misdirection).

The players in the system are too young and too motivated. The two core players at the heart of their system doubted and hated by fans of teams because they were doomed to become irrelevant by the quality the Warriors displayed and the reputation they built. They've peaked and matured too young with an unexpected leader in Stephen Curry. This is an group of players but the front office did the real damage placing these players together.

As for them being the better team. They are. I've gone over the stats too much to care to look at them. Kawhi would dominate in their system if you replaced him Iguodala.

There's not enough young versatile players like Leonard that can score in out of the paint in various ways on the Spurs. Danny Green and Mills kill me with that. The core Spurs players are all but spent. I think Manu and Parker still got what it takes.

I still feel Tim Duncan is saving it but he has looked aged. Its realistic.

The thing about this season in this forum was brushing off things as meaningless. The ideal for these players is to have the most championships they can for the most bragging rights. That's the ultimate goal. Make the meaningless approach less of an every day thing and make the meaningful more valuable.

ffadicted
04-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Meh... We shouldn't have that awful of a shooting game again, and they won't either... I don't think any of the regular season meetups will tell us anything about the playoffs.

Keepin' it real
04-10-2016, 09:30 PM
It's time to face reality

https://resizing.flixster.com/NG9aUH6dLDCYpeLEPrO5CeCAJMU=/800x1200/v1.bTsxMTE3NzI3ODtqOzE3MDQ3OzIwNDg7ODAwOzEyMDA

Capt Bringdown
04-10-2016, 09:41 PM

This. I'm seeing complete own-age, from Pop all the way down to the ballboys. Spurs have the look of a team that knows they're beat. The Warriors have Curry, and he is in god-mode.
It looked the the cosmos was aligning just right for TD to go out a champion, ala the Admiral. But...

It all comes down to one player: Curry. Who put the fucking speed in his cornflakes?

I recall an espn piece a while back with the thesis that the Warriors were revolutionizing basketball - that somehow they've unleashed the previously power of 35-foot jumpshots in the basketball universe, and now the game is changed forever.
No way - Curry is as freakish as a 10-foot tall center. It ain't gonna happen again.
Bad, bitter luck for the Spurs and their fans.

dabom
04-10-2016, 09:44 PM

:lol

dabom
04-10-2016, 09:46 PM

:wow

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 10:19 PM

Spurs DICTATED the pace but lost b/c they couldn't hit the broadside of the barn.

daslicer
04-10-2016, 10:22 PM
Spurs DICTATED the pace but lost b/c they couldn't hit the broadside of the barn.

I agree.

hater
04-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Sure they are. No doubt.

Only retard spursfans would disagree

spursreport
04-10-2016, 10:29 PM
I see Golden State as a legitimate/authentic version of the Lakers and a more exciting younger version of the Spurs. Its the system they play and the players within the system. A hybrid of triangle(Various cuts of wings and guards) and the Spurs system (Pace, Ball movement, Misdirection).

The players in the system are too young and too motivated. The two core players at the heart of their system doubted and hated by fans of teams because they were doomed to become irrelevant by the quality the Warriors displayed and the reputation they built. They've peaked and matured too young with an unexpected leader in Stephen Curry. This is an group of players but the front office did the real damage placing these players together.

As for them being the better team. They are. I've gone over the stats too much to care to look at them. Kawhi would dominate in their system if you replaced him Iguodala.

There's not enough young versatile players like Leonard that can score in out of the paint in various ways on the Spurs. Danny Green and Mills kill me with that. The core Spurs players are all but spent. I think Manu and Parker still got what it takes.

I still feel Tim Duncan is saving it but he has looked aged. Its realistic.

The thing about this season in this forum was brushing off things as meaningless. The ideal for these players is to have the most championships they can for the most bragging rights. That's the ultimate goal. Make the meaningless approach less of an every day thing and make the meaningful more valuable.

You were one of those dumbfucks who said the Panthers would beat Denver in the Super Bowl. Shut the fuck up, dumbass.

Ice009
04-10-2016, 10:33 PM

Pretty solid statement. The question is, why is the Spurs offense so putrid against the Warriors? The Spurs can't seem to score against them at all. I think one reason is because Kawhi settles for jumpshots. If he could get to the rack and finish or draw fouls, I think it would make it a lot easier for everyone on the team.

Green needs to get his head out of his ass. I am now officially on him. I've let it go all season, but now I'm going to get on him hard for stinking up the joint. This guy has got to be a mental weakling to still be missing shots. I've got more confidence in my shot than he seems to have in his, and he's got a world class shooting coach to help him with correcting technique, plus almost unlimited practice time. I have no idea why he's been so bad. It's gotta be all mental with him. His shots look off as soon as they leave his hand. Time to go into hot mode for the next 3 months, Danny. Wake the fuck up and get your head on straight. Start shooting straight instead of releasing bricks. 2004 Hedo Turkoglu could have shot straighter than you have most of this season. Truly pathetic season he's had from outside the arc. I hope Curry hasn't intimidated all the shooters in the league.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 10:34 PM
You were one of those dumbfucks who said the Panthers would beat Denver in the Super Bowl. Shut the fuck up, dumbass.

:wow

random21
04-10-2016, 10:47 PM
If these guys knock out the Spurs in the western conference finals, then post all these horrible pussy posts... Way too early for this....

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Spurs opened this game as 5.5-point favorites, too:(

tbdog
04-10-2016, 10:52 PM
For that last time ffs, we lost by 6 without TD and Diaw, miss Leonard missing everything, parker and Green playing like ass, Curry going off in the third, Refs not calling some big plays like Curry 3rd foul in the 2nd, and Pop refusing but hiding to play the high and low, horns, the loop, the baseline hammer, and Leonard and LMA pick n roll.

UZER
04-10-2016, 10:54 PM
As long as the Spurs get the series against GS to 2-2, they Spurs will pull off the win.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Spurs opened this game as 5.5-point favorites, too:(

I noticed that. Vegas loves to overrate the Spurs.

TampaDude
04-10-2016, 11:03 PM
We'll see how it goes with our lineup fully healthy and in playoff mode. The real season starts next weekend.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

spurtech09
04-10-2016, 11:05 PM
Regular season...There was no reason to win tonight....Spurs will step there game up come play-off time.......Everybody needs to Chill Lax...

spurtech09
04-10-2016, 11:06 PM
We'll see how it goes with our lineup fully healthy and in playoff mode. The real season starts next weekend.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!Yes

Mugen
04-10-2016, 11:40 PM
:lol This game was actually the most encouraged I've been of the Spurs chances' against Golden State this year tbh (that 1 win included)....

I don't think they'll beat the Warriors in a playoff series but I thought they did some pretty good things tonight without arguably their 3rd most important player against them in Bobo. I think they can defend GS better than any other team and Aldridge has looked more and more comfortable against their defense. The lack of outside shooting and Porky/Danny being terrible against them is obviously concerning but I think the Spurs will have a puncher's chance in a potential series.....

~O~
04-11-2016, 01:05 AM

Jokes on you. I don't watch football or the Super Bowl. You've got me confused with someone else so calm ovaries. You're still pissed about the Golden State game. I doubt you have a drip of humility in your blood.

KimmyGib
04-11-2016, 01:33 AM
I think it's been pretty clear that the Warriors are the best team in the league for some time now. That's not to say the Spurs can't beat them when the WCF rolls around. While they did have another abysmal offensive night against GS, they showed encouraging signs in their defense and aggressiveness.

Uriel
04-11-2016, 02:08 AM
Buck Harvey's column today for the Express-News:

It’s the year 2001, and Kobe Bryant is about 2,001 memorable moments away from retirement. He has an in-his-prime Shaquille O’Neal next to him. And after they alternate taking apart the Spurs in the Western Conference finals, one Spurs official shrugs and smiles weakly.“There’s not much we can do against THAT,” he says.

Gregg Popovich fears his players feel as helpless. “You know it’s not the character,” he says after the Lakers crush the Spurs by 39 points in one game, “so you have to wonder if it’s their belief.”

The current Spurs aren’t there yet, but they are on their way. The franchise hasn’t seen a conference opponent as superior as the Warriors since the Lakers after the turn of the century.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/article/As-before-Spurs-belief-will-be-tested-7240344.php?t=6f98bc8834927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium

99 Problems
04-11-2016, 02:14 AM
Pops playing tricks. It might go 7 but we got their measure if we healthy.

SAGirl
04-11-2016, 02:18 AM
Frankly not worried. We got this!

As ElNono said we got to worry about the Cavs and what they have been up to lately.

Proxy
04-11-2016, 02:21 AM
the reality is that they were at a disadvantage when SA beat them, and SA was at a disadvantage when they beat us. Exluding G1 I guess

having Bobo out there could've changed the outcome tonight. Maybe SA wins, maybe they don't lose by much, or maybe the same shit happens. I significant variable was missing tonight though. A starter wasn't dressed out.

SAGirl
04-11-2016, 02:38 AM
You cannot say their record is better than their play. It doesn't make sense. They aren't competing against past Spurs teams. They are competing against whomever is on their schedule. They have a larger margin of victory on average than ever in the history of the franchise. However GS is just that good. They are head and shoulders better than SA on offense, and almost as good, if not as good, on defense.

Aldridge, a guy ST called a soft pussy for years, is our best player on offense and one of the top defenders on the team. Then you have KL who didn't have a 3pt shot when he came into the league as our 2nd best on offense, competing for best on both offense and defense, then you have a very steep dropoff to role guys and washed up "big 3" guys. Manu still plays with intensity and is still a threat, but as a whole, the Spurs are now a new guy and KL, with the rest of the role players popping in and out of relevance like whack-a-mole. We have 65 fucking wins with that and people are slitting their throats over a regular season loss and calling the entire season over.
Very eloquent description. Specially bc as much criticized as LMA was he's stepped up big time once Timmy knees started failing. Also how Kawhi made a giant leap to an all-star and our best player.

Now, I was pessimistic just a day ago about our team but I have turned around and changed my mind. But those hoping for Timmy and Manu another season will be disappointed. POP is putting young guys in uncomfortable situations, sitting Kawhi on purpose so he can develop Kyle Anderson in games, it's obvious, playing Boban and Simmons end of the bench guys to close out games at times. Having Mils making PG plays to close out games.

The reason should be clear. It's Timmy and Manu's last season. The record does not matter so much as getting these new guys experience. The last GSW game Kawhi got free reign to do whatever he wanted in offense. It's part of his development too. It didn't necessarily result in good shots for him or others. He still has a lot to learn at the star franchise cornerstone level player. Ppl forget he's still 24 and just now bearing this burden. Next season some Tim or Manu not being here, thins like this are part of his development.

It helps us this season still bc whatever improved production and lessons learned you can get from the young/new players will translate fir the postseason, but even this late guys, especially younger guys are still trying to get better. So Kyle struggled in his Denver game, Kawhi here, so what? That is nit how we are going to play in the playoffs bc there our veterans will be around and its not then development time. That is when we will see Pop's real hand. Bc it isn't even about hiding it this late. He's still developing young guys. I think the team is so old and hasn't found itself before in this marked hybrid status that some fans just don't recognize it.

Prior changes in roles and offense were more subtle. This one is the most drastic we have faces so far ans it will become even more drastic next season so Pop is doing whatever he can to get guys ready and speed developments I'd he can.

It will help him in th off-season too to assess what the team needs to strengthen.

You guys just don't recognize what you are watching.

Chillen
04-11-2016, 02:50 AM
They will more than likely finish at 73-9 unless Memphis can pull off a huge upset, so yes they are the better team right now the defending NBA champs. If the Spurs can make it to the WCF, it's up to them to control their own destiny if the Warriors make it that far (which looks likely) by dethroning them. All the pressure is now on this Warriors basketball team to ring, the Spurs just have to show up and try and dethrone them.

james evans
04-11-2016, 03:38 AM
For that last time ffs, we lost by 6 without TD and Diaw, miss Leonard missing everything, parker and Green playing like ass, Curry going off in the third, Refs not calling some big plays like Curry 3rd foul in the 2nd, and Pop refusing but hiding to play the high and low, horns, the loop, the baseline hammer, and Leonard and LMA pick n roll.
add in that popovich basicially let curry have his way with parker and mills guarding him. If I'm a coach, Barnes is gonna have to score 40 to beat me.

kobyz
04-11-2016, 04:52 AM
They are so competitive on every aspect of the game, very underrated about them is how they even with their small ball lineups they still give great fight and not let other team punish them with bigger lineups on the boards...

kobyz
04-11-2016, 05:01 AM
First helf should have been like 10 points lead for the Spurs but ended with tie score, that where you can saw Warriors mental toughness adventge over the Spurs, Spurs as a team lacking thoughness...

emanueldavidginobili
04-11-2016, 05:03 AM
Steph Curry is the truth I can't remember a player where you just can't shut him down, the kid is something else

DeRozan m8
04-11-2016, 05:45 AM

I enjoyed this tbh

:bobo

lebomb
04-11-2016, 06:07 AM
The Warriors are better. Its pretty clear.

Chinook
04-11-2016, 06:41 AM
I guess Uriel has found some random advanced stat that puts the Warriors up.

DJR210
04-11-2016, 07:13 AM
Spurs are going to have to play mistake free and shoot 85% to have a chance. We may even need a Warriors injury or 3.

LkrFan
04-11-2016, 07:22 AM
This is just not true at all. At all. You don't get this many wins by being "lacklustre". You don't have one of the best point differentials of all time by being lackluster. Everyone played the same teams as SA did, but SA won more and by a bigger margin.

Everything we've seen says SA is right there. Right there. There is plenty of room for SA to improve vs GS and I think they are doing things that are repeatable which is the key.

No. You won all those games because the league sucks as a whole right now. There are like a handful of good teams out there. The Spurs feasted off of mediocrity.

But when facing a juggernaut, it took an uncharacteristically off night by the FMVP (14 points scored) for you guys to eek out an 8-pt win at home. Otherwise, them Dubs breaking out the brooms on a 65-win team. Let det sink in. :)

:downspin:

LkrFan
04-11-2016, 07:24 AM

Dubs D had something to do with that. ;)

Uriel
04-11-2016, 07:28 AM
I guess Uriel has found some random advanced stat that puts the Warriors up.
FiveThirtyEight's CARMELO projections rank the Warriors above the Spurs.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-nba-picks/

MVPCues
04-11-2016, 07:36 AM
i'm gonna go get drunk... i'm over 21 so it's not illegal mods

You act like you're 13, and that is giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Uriel
04-11-2016, 07:38 AM
From the Express-News. David West, on the Warriors:

“They’re the best,” West said, “and we’re chasing them.”
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/The-chase-for-41-0-is-over-7240342.php?t=627ea37447927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium

NameLess Scrub
04-11-2016, 08:19 AM
They're gimmicky, but their gimmick is good enough.

At this point I'd be surprised if the Spurs come up with anything that gives them more than 2 wins in a series that's not a really bad shooting night from Curry/Klay.

I also expect whatever bad officiating allows those guys to slide their butts into defenders or engage and shove them to continue.

Spurs are in the hands of luck from now on as far as I'm concerned. I'll still watch of course.

dbreiden83080
04-11-2016, 08:20 AM
We will see if putting their foot on the gas all year long will come back and hurt the Warriors. The last few weeks in particular they have really grinded this out, to get that record. Curry logging 70 minutes in back to back nights. I am curious to see if the gas tank gets a little empty deep in the playoffs..

hater
04-11-2016, 09:18 AM
Glad most fans are waking up to reality :tu

NameLess Scrub
04-11-2016, 11:50 AM
We will see if putting their foot on the gas all year long will come back and hurt the Warriors. The last few weeks in particular they have really grinded this out, to get that record. Curry logging 70 minutes in back to back nights. I am curious to see if the gas tank gets a little empty deep in the playoffs..

One of the last hopes. Sadly, they're young.

Proxy
04-11-2016, 11:57 AM
It'll be an upset for SA to get to the finals, but knowing Boris was out and that Kawhi was off offensively leaves me a bit more optimistic than the wrist-slicing levels so many seem to have settled at. Momentum and the psyche of individual players can change a lot after two rounds of playoff games.

Pop played Martin and Boban last night... that's him still feeling it out, and filling the rotation holes that Bobo and TD's absence left.

Kawhitstorm
04-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Pretty solid statement. The question is, why is the Spurs offense so putrid against the Warriors? The Spurs can't seem to score against them at all. I think one reason is because Kawhi settles for jumpshots. If he could get to the rack and finish or draw fouls, I think it would make it a lot easier for everyone on the team.

I feel like the Spurs/Duds series is going to end up like the 2000s Lakers/Celtics Finals except it would be the '08 Celtics (Duds) vs. '10 Lakers (Spurs) & obviously it would be the Duds w/ the HCA. It's going to be an ISO heavy halfcourt slugfest with ugly results.

Allen+Pierce/Curry+Klay
Rondo/Iggy
KG+Perk/Draymond+Bogut
Tony Allen+Cassell/Livingston+Rush
House/Barbosa
Posey/Barnes
PJ/Ezeli
Powe/Speight
Fat Baby/Sideshow Bob

Kawhi+LMA & Manu+West/MVPau+Kirby(35% usuage rate:wow)
Danny+Porker/Metta+Fisher
Tim/Bynum
Boris/Odumb
Patty/Farmar
Kyle/Walton:lol
K-Mart/Vujacic:lol
Simmons/Shannon Brown:lol
Boban/Mbenga:lol

In 2010, the Lakers w/ HCA barely beat the Celtics who lost Perk during the series & were playing w/ a post-injury KG & Ray Allen w/ shattered ankles.:lol Let's just hope the Clips w/ cripple a couple of the Duds rotation players & I'm hopefully that D-West will take out Curry if things start getting out of hand.:toast

Frank Dux
04-11-2016, 12:06 PM
GS is the defending champion, on a historic run and beat the Spurs 3-1 in the regular season. Clearly, they deserve the title of better team. However, I haven't lost all hope for SA's ability to beat them. It would require some magic from the basketball Gods but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Some times the better team loses.

JR3
04-11-2016, 12:06 PM
I'm not sold on this just yet. In 2014 the Spurs had another level we didn't even know about until late first round against Dallas. Our defense has been good enough to beat the Warriors... The offense and shooting can improve easily come playoffs. Pop ran zero playoff style offensive plays for easy baskets last night. He is saving those and it will be a different game come the playoffs. We have the tools to beat them. No Diaw was a big deal too.

PopTheGOAT
04-11-2016, 12:16 PM
All of you are just in your feels rn, tbh. If I had to put a million dollars on a team, it would be GS. However, I think it's only about 60/40 odds between GS and SA respectively. And damn it, those odds are good enough for me. The Spurs WILL make the WCF and I will watch it with strong hopes that they come out victorious.

quentin_compson
04-11-2016, 12:20 PM
If those two teams were to meet in the playoffs, it would be an uphill battle for our guys for sure. That doesn't mean I think the Spurs can't beat the Warriors, but it's going to be tough, very, very tough.

In both their home games, the Spurs had some success in slowing down the pace. That seems to be a recipe for being able to defend the Warriors better than at the juggernaut pace they like to play.
The problem is, in slowing down the game, the Spurs were also having trouble getting their own offense going. Sure, they can and should do better than last night when they often didn't even move the ball or try to set a screen but just handed it around at the perimeter. But even in the win in March, the Spurs were struggling offensively.

SpursforSix
04-11-2016, 12:23 PM
GS is the defending champion, on a historic run and beat the Spurs 3-1 in the regular season. Clearly, they deserve the title of better team. However, I haven't lost all hope for SA's ability to beat them. It would require some magic from the basketball Gods but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Some times the better team loses.

I agree. And that's what all sports fans have to do at some point. Hope to beat a better team.