PDA

View Full Version : Didn't watch the game. Surprised no one is blaming Kawhi...

dabom
04-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Interesting...

cjw
04-10-2016, 09:06 PM
How would you know who to blame if you didn't watch it?

DarrinS
04-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Are you kidding?

tmtcsc
How would you know who to blame if you didn't watch it?

Box score? Kawhi was bad offensively.

HarlemHeat37
He was pretty bad, tbh, but overshadowed by players that were horrendous(Green, Parker, Anderson, etc)..

midnightpulp
He's teflon.

But he also gets no perimeter scoring support, and that includes all your boys (Patty, Manu, and Green) and the guy I've been backing (Porker).

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2016, 09:09 PM
7-22

dabom
04-10-2016, 09:10 PM
He was pretty bad, tbh, but overshadowed by players that were horrendous(Green, Parker, Anderson, etc)..

His numbers are good. Even his shooting wasn't that bad. 20 points on 22 shots.
20 points
13 rebounds
5 assisst
2 steals
3 blocks

DarrinS
04-10-2016, 09:11 PM
7-22

4-37

That's MVParker vs Curry

cjw
04-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Box score? Kawhi was bad offensively.

He was bad shooting, and is in a rut. Better now than in May. Needs to get his act together if Mills, Green, etc are still going to keep struggling.

He was solid on the glass and defensively. Got two bad foul calls on clean plays.

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2016, 09:13 PM
4-37

That's MVParker vs Curry
Can you name me a series where Kiwi showed up, and didn't take 2+ games off?

SouthernFried
04-10-2016, 09:14 PM
No one is blaming Kawhi, cuz it wasn't his fault. He at least tried. Here's where the problem is...

Parker + Green = 6 points.

If your starting 2 guards can't score...do you actually think we can win anything?

siraulo23
04-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Kawhi shat the bed, played hard but still showed why he cannot carry a team in the POs

DarrinS
04-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Can you name me a series where Kiwi showed up, and didn't take 2+ games off?

No, I can't name any series where KL took the night off. I can name numerous series where Pop yanked TP.

SpursBig3s
04-10-2016, 09:16 PM
20 points
13 rebounds
5 assisst
2 steals
3 blocks

20pts on 22 shots is not good at all. However, unlike our starting backcourt, he made himself useful with his D and boards. we're not beating this team if Parker and Green combine to score less than 12 points

littlecoyotecoin
04-10-2016, 09:17 PM
No one is blaming him because most of us know that he has never been and will never be a top-tier offensive weapon. This game just further illustrates that. It's not his fault that sometimes The Spurs try to squeeze more out of him than he can give. He is an elite defender. He is not an elite offensive player. Most don't blame him for that.

Tully365
Why do you think starting a thread about a game you didn't watch is a good idea?

Kawhitstorm
He couldn't buy a jumper just like Curry in the previous game at SA.

ffadicted
pretty sure everyone is

dabom
Kawhi shat the bed, played hard but still showed why he cannot carry a team in the POs

I don't even call this a bad game. That's a Triple double statline. And he plays defense. :lol

Even if you "call" this a bad game. this is like his 2nd all year. One at toronto where he was sick. :lmao

daslicer
The one positive I saw was his rebounding was great. He was able to keep Draymond off the boards. That will come in handy during a 7 game series.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 09:19 PM
fuck this shit

spurraider21
04-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Even his shooting wasn't that bad.
7-22 :lol

DarrinS
04-10-2016, 09:22 PM
7-22 :lol

He shot poorly. How did the team shoot as a whole?

K...
04-10-2016, 09:24 PM
so unt got banned? lol...Slomo take out op too......?

spursistan
04-10-2016, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty concerned by his 3-14 shooting nights in big games we need him to come through for us..yeah, Kawhi was beast in games 3-5 of Finals 14, but so were TD/Manu/Green/Diaw in terms of presenting a threat level to the opponent..that's not the case anymore with these dudes declining or inexplicably falling off.. the end of Clippers series is still haunting..

Gagnrath
04-10-2016, 09:36 PM
I don't blami kahwi because outside of him and Aldridge the spurs had no offense. Manu came to play but he is 38 and can't carry the team on any given night anymore. Mills had moments but was cold from the arc and is a liability on defense especially against a team whose first option is their point guard. West doesn't have the legs to play the perimeter for more than about 10 minutes per game against the warriors motion bits and really doesn't intimidate as a rim protector.

The spurs need an angry Aldridge, a throwback Manu or Duncan, or either Mills or Green catching fire from 3 to beat the warriors. Kawhi and a jumpshot hunting Aldridge can beat most of the league alone but the warriors are better than that. Also curry has something weird going on... guys just don't shoot well contested shots from 5 to 8 feet behind the arc on a regular basis.

Spurtacular
04-10-2016, 09:44 PM
I don't give a sh** what stats smokescreen people want to point to. Anyone watching the game knows better. I'm not saying Kawhi can't get it done. I'm saying he didn't get it done. Fuck the Kawhi jockers making excuses.

spurraider21
04-10-2016, 09:50 PM
He shot poorly. How did the team shoot as a whole?
poorly. i didnt say kawhi was the reason we lost, or that he was our worst player. the semen shielding by dabom is predictable and pathetic, though

dabom
04-10-2016, 09:51 PM
poorly. i didnt say kawhi was the reason we lost, or that he was our worst player. the semen shielding by dabom is predictable and pathetic, though

Everyone knows you're an attention whore even when you never have any takes. :lmao

pgardn
04-10-2016, 09:52 PM
20 points
13 rebounds
5 assisst
2 steals
3 blocks

Just looks at stats to figure it out.

The engineer...

Kahwi needs help getting set up properly. The Dubs are playing him very tough and forcing him to navigate traffic off his dribble. KL is not going to beat this. He is NOT Jordan. Kahwi is not a natural basketball player. He has a god given basketball body. But his mind is not that of a guy who just has the natural ability to see space, judge situations quickly and imaginatively. He has learned through relentless practice. He has increased his skill set in an amazing fashion. It's much harder to learn the nuances of the game. He does not have that special basketball brain like Duncan, Diaw, Ginobili, or even Anderson.

You won't see him move people around. You won't see him create space on his own by moving out of an area. There are a lot of subtle things that he still has to acquire and it's not a given that he will. His incredible work ethic and the natural physical basketball body is what makes him our best player. It's not his playmaking ability requiring quick observation and evaluation outside of the play call that make him valuable, except maybe on defense.

Obvious to me anyway...

ajh18
04-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Kawhi was bad today. Had 5 points or so in the last minute when the game was already over. Couldn't hit a jumpshot, and was way too passive at times.

There were definitely people who played a lot worse than him, but he's the superstar on the team. Ultimately that means it's on him to demand the ball and take over when we need him to. We needed that today, and he didn't come through.

dabom
04-10-2016, 09:55 PM

The engineer...

Kahwi needs help getting set up properly. The Dubs are playing him very tough and forcing him to navigate traffic off his dribble. KL is not going to beat this. He is NOT Jordan. Kahwi is not a natural basketball player. He has a god given basketball body. But his mind is not that of a guy who just has the natural ability to see space, judge situations quickly and imaginatively. He has learned through relentless practice. He has increased his skill set in an amazing fashion. It's much harder to learn the nuances of the game. He does not have that special basketball brain like Duncan, Diaw, Ginobili, or even Anderson.

You won't see him move people around. You won't see him create space on his own by moving out of an area. There are a lot of subtle things that he still has to acquire and it's not a given that he will. His incredible work ethic and the natural physical basketball body is what makes him our best player. It's not his playmaking ability requiring quick observation and evaluation outside of the play call that make him valuable, except maybe on defense.

Obvious to me anyway...

If his teammates can't hit shots, the floor doesn't open. But here you are blaming him for the lack off space where he has to do it all himself. :lmao

pgardn
04-10-2016, 10:09 PM
If his teammates can't hit shots, the floor doesn't open. But here you are blaming him for the lack off space where he has to do it all himself. :lmao

You did not watch the Fckn game. I am not blaming him for anything you fool, I am telling you what he is fucktard.

You claim to be an engineer and you don't know math or physics.
You are just bad at evaluating basketball players and games if you dont have some # to cling to. You are one of the worst, unimaginative posters on this board. Try to understand this.

Creating off the dribble is not his game. He does not get low enough on his dibble and use his body, he does not feel defenders around him especially well nor does he have the handles to give us what we needed tonight. It's not his fault we lost. GS knows what he is. People are expecting too much of him IMO.

Now STFU and go study.

dabom
04-10-2016, 10:12 PM
You did not watch the Fckn game. I am not blaming him for anything you fool, I am telling you what he is fucktard.

You claim to be an engineer and you don't know math or physics.
You are just bad at evaluating basketball players and games if you dont have some # to cling to. You are one of the worst, unimaginative posters on this board. Try to understand this.

Creating off the dribble is not his game. He does not get low enough on his dibble and use his body, he does not feel defenders around him especially well nor does he have the handles to give us what we needed tonight. It's not his fault we lost. GS knows what he is. People are expecting too much of him IMO.

I can get the feel for the game by reading posts. I'm sure players were missing open 3s. The game gets tighter on your star players when that happens. Am I wrong? Faggot. :lmao

Clipper Nation
04-10-2016, 10:14 PM
He's teflon.

:lmao Come on, Mid... I know you don't actually believe that shit. The only "Teflon man" on the Spurs is your morbidly obese point guard.

K...
04-10-2016, 10:15 PM
I can get the feel for the game by reading posts. I'm sure players were missing open 3s. The game gets tighter on your star players when that happens. Am I wrong? Faggot. :lmao

engineer, boasting about reading skills? lmao

pgardn
04-10-2016, 10:19 PM

You get the feel of the game by reading posts... Jesus Fckn Christ.

Fckn idiot.

This is about as lame as it gets. You get attention and responses by making absolutely ludicrous posts that can be shot to pieces. You are an abomination of even off the cuff nonsense. Just stop.

dabom
04-10-2016, 10:20 PM
You get the feel of the game by reading posts... Jesus Fckn Christ.

Fckn idiot.

This is about as lame as it gets. You get attention and responses by making absolutely ludicrous posts that can be shot to pieces. You are an abomination of even off the cuff nonsense. Just stop.

Am I wrong? I can watch the game right now. Just tell me if I'm wrong cuck. :lmao

Tully365
04-10-2016, 10:22 PM
Everyone knows you're an attention whore even when you never have any takes. :lmao

Why do you think starting a thread about a game you didn't watch is a good idea?

dabom
Your thread not popping? :lmao

Spurtacular
Didn't watch the game

Nor did Apalisoc_9. What a freaking coincidence. :lmao

dabom
04-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Nor did Apalisoc_9. What a freaking coincidence. :lmao

Case closed. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Your thread not popping? :lmao

:lol

Tully365
04-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Of course a dumbass finds your dumb joke funny... in fact, if you just finish every sentence with a :lol, you're funnier than Richard Pryor!

Anyway, thanks again for commenting on a game you didn't watch.

pgardn
04-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Am I wrong? I can watch the game right now. Just tell me if I'm wrong cuck. :lmao

Go watch the game retard.

I will go to sleep.

Aldridge kept us in this one. They were hitting everything. Curry was just throwing everything in. They know how to play defense against us but I still think we can get them in a series. Our guards got overwhelmed by their guards. And when their bigs step out and hit 3s it's very, very difficult to beat them. We must have Boris to establish another inside threat and to punk Green and tire him. It's debilitating having to push a big guy; we need to remove Greens legs with Boris, keep him grounded.

So now you don't even need to watch.
So stfu and go study.

dabom
04-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Go watch the game retard.

I will go to sleep.

Aldridge kept us in this one. They were hitting everything. Curry was just throwing everything in. They know how to play defense against us but I still think we can get them in a series. Our guards got overwhelmed by their guards. And when their bigs step out and hit 3s it's very, very difficult to beat them. We must have Boris to establish another inside threat and to punk Green and tire him. It's debilitating having to push a big guy; we need to remove Greens legs with Boris, keep him grounded.

So now you don't even need to watch.
So stfu and go study.

Thanks. :tu But what about open threes though?

Spurtacular
04-10-2016, 10:37 PM
Of course a dumbass finds your dumb joke funny... in fact, if you just finish every sentence with a :lol, you're funnier than Richard Pryor!

Anyway, thanks again for commenting on a game you didn't watch.

Same guy, tbh.

YGWHI
04-10-2016, 10:54 PM
You did not watch the Fckn game.
I watched the game.

And the lack of space was an issue but it seems by design since Pop put LMA and Boban together some minutes in the 4th quarter...

You can keep saying Kawhi can't drive to the hoop but he's good enough to do this...

Yes, he used his body but other players have made a career with that type of Kawhi's play.

YGWHI
04-10-2016, 11:05 PM
It's not his fault we lost. GS knows what he is. People are expecting too much of him IMO.
Not sure why you say that people are expecting too much of him...He couldn't hit an ocean but they were good looks, shots that he normally makes.

But agree with you that GS knows what he is, that's why he draws a lot of GS defensive attention. Sadly Parker, Patty, Danny, no one of our guards can take advantage of that. Like they can't make an open shot when the defense collapses on LMA in the paint.

So no. It's not his fault. It's not LMA fault. The big issue is our supporting cast.

Gagnrath
04-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Kawhi had a good first quarter, OK second and then couldn't his a jumper the rest of the game... Part of it was chasing around Klay on defense all game part was just bad luck and part was warriors staying with him better.

Kahwi is a very very good ball player but I begin to doubt he has the personality to be Leader of a top basketball team. He simply isn't vocal and demonstrative enough. Aldridge isn't capable there either he personally doesn't care enough. Manu and Duncan are both on their last legs and everyone knows it. West is new and isn't a top 5 player on the team. There are very few teams without the player leadership to win Larry O'Brian trophies.

Rob123
04-10-2016, 11:20 PM

This is such a bad take. How could you have so many posts and still be so fucking retarded.

Kawhi sucked tonight; he fucking sucked. Tony and Danny suck worse but we're not depending on them to be the future of the franchise like kawhi. Kawhi just shit all over the bed tonight.

dabom
04-10-2016, 11:21 PM
This is such a bad take. How could you have so many posts and still be so fucking retarded.

Kawhi sucked tonight; he fucking sucked. Tony and Danny suck worse but we're not depending on them to be the future of the franchise like kawhi. Kawhi just shit all over the bed tonight.

Don't step up young blood. Tagged as a faggot. Serious.

Rob123
04-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Not sure why you say that people are expecting too much of him...He couldn't hit an ocean but they were good looks, shots that he normally makes.

But agree with you that GS knows what he is, that's why he draws a lot of GS defensive attention. Sadly Parker, Patty, Danny, no one of our guards can take advantage of that. Like they can't make an open shot when the defense collapses on LMA in the paint.

So no. It's not his fault. It's not LMA fault. The big issue is our supporting cast.

Fucking stop bro. Kawhi and lamarcus have each other. Who the fuck does Damian have or any other team in the league!?!? Kawhi needs to fucking win games, big games, end of story. It doesn't matter how bad tony or green sucks, kawhi needs to fucking win that's what superstars do and kawhi doesn't end of story

Rob123
04-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Don't step up young blood. Tagged as a faggot. Serious.

Oh no please don't be serious!!

dabom
04-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Oh no please don't be serious!!

I don't think you understand. :lol

Rob123
04-10-2016, 11:25 PM
I don't think you understand. :lol

How fucking retarded you are? I read your posts I promise I do, it's pretty scary.

dabom
04-10-2016, 11:27 PM
How fucking retarded you are? I read your posts I promise I do, it's pretty scary.

:sleep

LongtimeSpursFan
04-10-2016, 11:31 PM
Kawhi sucked. Trying to spin this as if he did ok. Stats aren't sheet. Hate to say it but Kawhi is no MVP.

AZK619
04-10-2016, 11:32 PM
He had a shitty game, tbh.

Pretty simple, we will need LMA and Kawhi in top form if the Spurs plan on beating the Warriors in a possible playoff matchup.
The rest of the committee can take up the slack, but these two need to get going.

Tully365
04-10-2016, 11:34 PM
1. Doesn't watch game.

2. Starts thread about game.

3. Stays online for hours debating the game & performances he didn't watch.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just watch the game?
Isn't this the definition of a vanilla fan?

SAGirl

The engineer...

Obvious to me anyway...

He will need a younger teammate who has those attributes so they can complement each other.

dabom
Been on for an hour. :lol

You got my attention. Whatcha want?

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2016, 11:36 PM
Y'all going in raw on dabom, holy shit :lol

:corn:

Rob123
04-10-2016, 11:37 PM
:sleep

Being so retarded you fall asleep is not an excuse guy.

dabom
04-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Being so retarded you fall asleep is not an excuse guy.

Brah I already forgot your name.

YGWHI
Fucking stop bro. Kawhi and lamarcus have each other. Who the fuck does Damian have or any other team in the league!?!? Kawhi needs to fucking win games, big games, end of story. It doesn't matter how bad tony or green sucks, kawhi needs to fucking win that's what superstars do and kawhi doesn't end of story

We will. :claw

Rob123
Y'all going in raw on dabom, holy shit :lol

:corn:

The guys fucking stupid, you have your moments too though.

Fans of one of the greatest sports teams ever should not be fucking stupid, end of story.

Rob123
04-10-2016, 11:40 PM
Brah I already forgot your name.

Why would I want you to know it I ain't gay guy shit get off my nuts.

YGWHI
04-10-2016, 11:44 PM
He needs a younger teammate who has those attributes so they can complement each other.

Love SAGirl's subtle...I wonder who's that boy? With high bball IQ, great playmaking skills... Even Kyle seems a better fit with Kawhi on offense than Parker/Danny at this point...

UZER
04-10-2016, 11:51 PM
He needs to scrap trying to drive as his first option and play the '95-'98 Jordan post up fadeaway style game. Then the drives will open up. He's not gifted enough athletically to do it the other way around. He gets knocked off balance on his drives too easily.

SAGirl
04-11-2016, 12:34 AM
Love SAGirl's subtle...I wonder who's that boy? With high bball IQ, great playmaking skills... Even Kyle seems a better fit with Kawhi on offense than Parker/Danny at this point...
:lol you are onto me!!! I thought I was subtle! :rollin
Frankly yes I think they can be great partners. They have had some very nice games together. Kyle always looks for Kawhi.

Kyle just needs to shoot that 3 better then it's on. He needs to get better at his own game so they respect his shot, but his best attribute is playmaking and he will get better as he matures. This season I feel he is too undeveloped offensively in his shot to help much (despite playmaking talent, it will make it hard to stay on the floor if he can't score, you understand, nor will he provide much of an outlet for Kawhi). I think off the ball he's trying to get guys in sets and trying to get them on the same page in what they want to do. He usually finds guys in general in good spots and is more capable of making a play off the dribble than Danny. I think LMA/Kyle/Kawhi has a good future.

YGWHI
04-11-2016, 12:42 AM
He usually finds guys in general in good spots and is more capable of making a play off the dribble than Danny. I think LMA/Kyle/Kawhi has a good future.
That's the part of his game I love. Unlike our starting point guard, he can create and keep our two main guys, going.

Kyle will be great. Don't trust those Kyle's haters, they're the same guys who said that Kawhi would be just a good defender.