PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Warriors would sweep 96' Bulls

littleavery1948
04-10-2016, 09:16 PM
All this hate coming from older players; no one can stop Steph. The GOAT would destroy dad killer. Bogut and Green would destroy the Bulls' bigs. Rodman was great, but he did nothing on offense. The GSW can score; all 12 players can hit the three better than Dad Killer. Pippen was right when he said that there would be a sweep; he just picked the wrong team. The Warriors might get swept by the Dream Team, but I would call a close series tbh.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Not sweep, but they would probably beat them in 5 IMO..Dad Killer would have a game where he gets 20+ phantom calls, per par..

Imagine the Warriors traveled as little as those Bulls did, too:lol..

Mitch
04-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Would be new for them to have to defend the half court line

Cessation
04-10-2016, 09:19 PM
:lmao:lmao

DMC
04-10-2016, 09:20 PM
If they could hand check Curry that could change things.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 09:20 PM
This is also ignoring the likelihood that Dad Killer would be in prison or at the very least, banned from the league, if he played with today's exposure to the personal lives of pro athletes..

hitmanyr2k
04-10-2016, 10:06 PM
The Bulls feasted on under-sized teams with no bigs. Jordan and Pippen used to dunk on 7 footers because they felt like it :lol They would run a train on Bogut and whatever other scrub GS had and LIVE in the paint.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 10:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfuXXzLUAAAJvuy.jpg

UZER
04-10-2016, 10:16 PM
On D the Bulls would look like the Glove's face when White chocolate crossed him up on that one play. :lol

Warriors in 5 or sweep.

apalisoc_9
04-10-2016, 10:27 PM
In 5? Wow...the bulls got their 72 in a league that eas deficient in talent and had numerous expansion teams.

If the Bulls played in todays league, they wouldnt even make it past the Detroit Pistons of today.

sook
04-10-2016, 10:35 PM
I agree , Bulls toy with them for one game, but then end it in 5.

daslicer
04-10-2016, 10:36 PM
Bulls would sweep them.

hater
04-10-2016, 10:45 PM
:lmao terrible thread

The soft ass spurs have 65 wins this year. This record by worriers means nothing.

The spurs led by role player Leonard and choking Lamar have 65 wins :lmao

midnightpulp
04-10-2016, 10:58 PM
As I said in another thread:

58-60 wins. They probably win the East, but lose to the Warriors in 5 or 6.

Howeva...

If they make some trades and shed the Wennington, Kerr (great shooter, but he wouldn't able to keep up defensively today), Jud Buechler fat and shore up their rotation by modern standards, they win it all.

I don't think you get how dangerous a Rodman, Kukoc, Pippen, Jordan, Harper (6'6" playing point guard, and very good defensively) lineup is in today's game. They would be able to switch on everything even better than Warriors can and would eat pick-and-roll sets alive. They'd swarm the shit out of the paint. Or could just play straight with Rodman at C. Or even bring in Longley off the bench to matchup with the Gasols, Duncans, Boguts. Kukoc is the perfect stretch 4, as well. Wardell still gets his, but :lol Klay, Harrison Barnes, Barbosa, Iggy, doing anything against that defense. I also think Rodman makes Raymond's life Hell. Rodman is basically the archetype of a modern positionless defender. Fast hands, fast feet, tons of length, ultra fast first jump and second jump.

I'm no fan of that team, but let's not get stupid.

I don't get the attempted myth busts regarding the second 3 peat Bulls? The (starting) roster on that team transitions perfectly to the modern game. The only concern is the depth. If anything, the teams that would have the most trouble today are our beloved Spurs prior to '04 and the 3 peat Lakers. And that's nothing against the greatness of both, but modern rules aren't favorable to the style and roster builds of those squads.

Molotov
04-11-2016, 03:16 AM
Why so obsessed with bench scrubs? Teams only play 7 or 8 players in the playoffs anyway, so in a 7 game series it would be the same, and Chicago has the far superior core to the Warriors, as well as having played against the far better competition in the 90s. Chicago never needed a deep bench because they could count on superstars Jordan and Pippen to carry them, who would get bulk of the minutes during playoffs and regular season, about 40 minutes each, followed by Rodman with 35 minutes. They only had a 7 man rotation in 96', of Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Harper, Longley, Kerr, who all got at least 20 minutes each. Harper was a 20 ppg scorer first 10 years in the league, while being long 6-6 and a good defender, when he came to Chicago his minutes dropped drastically so he played his role, he'd be shitting on :lol today's NBA. Longely was a solid, 7-2, 270, he had 9 pts and 5 boards, in talent rich 96', in today's NBA with such a lack of real centers he'd be a top 5 big, dropping 15 pts, 8 boards easy. Kerr most accurate 3 point shooter in NBA history I'm sure would do well in todays NBA that caters to guards, while playing of Jordan and Pippen penetration all day. The rest of the filler scrubs don't even matter, since they would hardly get any minutes, PERIOD.