PDA

View Full Version : Spurs best win this year?

spursistan
04-10-2016, 11:26 PM
If you come to think about it we haven't had that one single great, comprehensive performance or you what would call "statement game" :lol. I would say second half of the Cavaliers game was the best the team has looked against decent to good competition..

wingster
04-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Warriors, Thunder...maybe the comeback vs NO

spurtech09
04-10-2016, 11:34 PM
Beginning of the season was pretty good...than from there not that much blowout games....close games....

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 11:40 PM
Damn, just looked at the schedule, I didn't realize they have been so unimpressive on the road, tbh:lol..

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2016, 11:41 PM
Spurs have yet to beat a 50 win team on the road this season.

Best win of the season for me was against Cleveland.

dabom
04-10-2016, 11:42 PM
"Statement games" :lol

Hoops Czar
04-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Damn, just looked at the schedule, I didn't realize they have been so unimpressive on the road, tbh:lol..

I'm surprised... you're not usually two steps behind.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 11:44 PM
I'm surprised... you're not usually two steps behind.

Not a very interesting NBA season, tbh, too many horrible teams in the West..waiting for round 2 of the playoffs..

spursistan
04-14-2016, 08:52 PM

OKC-- a 55 win-team- has better net-rating on the road against quality opponent than the Spurs..

Warriors blow the entire league out of water..

SAGirl
04-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Bench performance on the road not the same, Patty notably. Also Pop has rested players on the road the most.

freetiago
04-14-2016, 10:34 PM
Those road numbers are concerning tbh. OKC/Warriors at least maintain offensive efficiency on the road. Spurs drop in Ortg and increase in Drtg.

101A
04-14-2016, 10:43 PM
Dallas last night. Finished with no serious injuries.

hater
04-15-2016, 06:31 AM
We beat golden state. A team that completely and utterly owns us. That's clearly best win of season.

daslicer
04-15-2016, 07:32 AM
Doesn't matter spurs have the second best road record in the league. They will beat OKC in round 2 it all comes down to getting past the warriors. I believe the spurs can beat OKC and cavs at home or on the road. It really comes down to if the spurs can beat the warriors on the road.

hater
04-15-2016, 07:50 AM
Doesn't matter spurs have the second best road record in the league. They will beat OKC in round 2 it all comes down to getting past the warriors. I believe the spurs can beat OKC and cavs at home or on the road. It really comes down to if the spurs can beat the warriors on the road.

Just forget about choking Lamar and go to Boban Marjanovic every time down the court. That plus hopefully a couple of small nagging injuries on the worriers and we might have a shot in hell. Probably a 1% chance but its a chance

NameLess Scrub
04-15-2016, 08:25 AM
Just forget about choking Lamar and go to Boban Marjanovic every time down the court. That plus hopefully a couple of small nagging injuries on the worriers and we might have a shot in hell. Probably a 1% chance but its a chance

We can sub Boban in for offense and out for defense I guess...

We can also replace all NBA refs with FIBA ones and see how much that helps.

sananspursfan21
04-15-2016, 09:14 AM
The second game against Golden State. I expect the conference finals (wood knocking) to look a lot more like that game. Wasn't the best the Spurs have looked at all, but it gave a little hope that there's a chance even if the offense still sucks.

wildbill2u
04-15-2016, 09:34 AM
If you come to think about it we haven't had that one single great, comprehensive performance or you what would call "statement game" :lol. I would say second half of the Cavaliers game was the best the team has looked against decent to good competition..

The win against the Dubs was satisfying and important for morale, but the best game we played was against OKC after the last GSW loss. Two reasons: It came after the loss to the Dubs and showed our resilience.

Russo21
04-15-2016, 09:55 AM
The win against the Dubs was satisfying and important for morale, but the best game we played was against OKC after the last GSW loss. Two reasons: It came after the loss to the Dubs and showed our resilience. Agree with both points, was important to see LMA perform in that Win compared to the first loss. And to come back and beat the Thunder after losing to GSW was great, I think that avoided a 2 game losing streak for the entire season? Unless someone can correct me I can't remember losing 2 straight this season. Apart from those 2, it was a rather uneventful and statement free season. No over-time games either I believe? Weird for a 67 win season to seem so cruisy.

04-15-2016, 11:04 AM
Their dominating win at home against the Heat after that meltdown in Charlotte two nights prior.

NameLess Scrub
04-15-2016, 11:07 AM
Agree with both points, was important to see LMA perform in that Win compared to the first loss. And to come back and beat the Thunder after losing to GSW was great, I think that avoided a 2 game losing streak for the entire season? Unless someone can correct me I can't remember losing 2 straight this season. Apart from those 2, it was a rather uneventful and statement free season. No over-time games either I believe? Weird for a 67 win season to seem so cruisy.

Didn't they lose 3 straight ending the season, Warriors/Nuggets/Thunder?

Russo21
04-15-2016, 11:59 AM
Didn't they lose 3 straight ending the season, Warriors/Nuggets/Thunder? You are right I just double checked. How'd they lose to the Nuggets grr. That one loss cost us a full season of not losing 2 games in row once, doh! I didn't watch that game btw that's why i forgot about it lol. A pretty damn good job to go a whole season and not lose consecutive games until the final week. Mighty impressive!

Leetonidas
04-15-2016, 11:59 AM
The spurs had some nice decisive wins last season and got owned in round 1. health is most important tbh

Leetonidas
04-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Didn't they lose 3 straight ending the season, Warriors/Nuggets/Thunder?

warriors twice and the nuggets when pop sat half the team. didn't lose to OKC

Russo21
04-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Didn't they lose 3 straight ending the season, Warriors/Nuggets/Thunder? Yeah I forgot we tanked against the Nuggets, my bad! Impressive to go nearly the whole season not losing 2 straight until the very end. And It took guys being rested and injured during those 3 losses. We were kinda on pace for 70 if we took all of them. But they weren't going for 70 anyway.

Russo21
04-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Health is most important yes. Any update on LMA's pinky finger? Was anyone else banged up or just LMA?

SAGirl
04-15-2016, 12:10 PM
Agree with both points, was important to see LMA perform in that Win compared to the first loss. And to come back and beat the Thunder after losing to GSW was great, I think that avoided a 2 game losing streak for the entire season? Unless someone can correct me I can't remember losing 2 straight this season. Apart from those 2, it was a rather uneventful and statement free season. No over-time games either I believe? Weird for a 67 win season to seem so cruisy.
We skidded the end bc Pop wanted to get a lot of playing time for Kmart and started resting players. We went on a bit of a losing skid.

SAGirl
04-15-2016, 12:13 PM
You are right I just double checked. How'd they lose to the Nuggets grr. That one loss cost us a full season of not losing 2 games in row once, doh! I didn't watch that game btw that's why i forgot about it lol. A pretty damn good job to go a whole season and not lose consecutive games until the final week. Mighty impressive!
Patty as PG combined with Kmart in your backcourt will do that. They choked the Denver game in the last minute.

NameLess Scrub
04-15-2016, 12:17 PM
warriors twice and the nuggets when pop sat half the team. didn't lose to OKC

Thanks. I was thinking about the tanking loss to the Thunder at some other point.

I. Hustle
04-15-2016, 12:20 PM
Health is most important yes. Any update on LMA's pinky finger? Was anyone else banged up or just LMA?

Bobo's muscles were abducted

NameLess Scrub
04-15-2016, 12:21 PM
Yeah I forgot we tanked against the Nuggets, my bad! Impressive to go nearly the whole season not losing 2 straight until the very end. And It took guys being rested and injured during those 3 losses. We were kinda on pace for 70 if we took all of them. But they weren't going for 70 anyway.

I believe the Warriors are the 1st team to ever go with no b2b losses for a full regular season.

Spurs could have easily done that too. They're basically a 70 win, no b2b losses team that just let go at the end due to seed clinching. They could have possibly break the Celtics home record record if they pulled that last Warriors game.

littlecoyotecoin
04-15-2016, 01:14 PM
Yeah I forgot we tanked against the Nuggets, my bad! Impressive to go nearly the whole season not losing 2 straight until the very end. And It took guys being rested and injured during those 3 losses. We were kinda on pace for 70 if we took all of them. But they weren't going for 70 anyway.

We also had an overtime game towards the end. So, they made you wrong on both counts toward the end, there. It was quite a boring end to the season, actually, except for getting to see Boban play, etc.

DMC
04-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Statement games are made in the final game of the Finals. Everything else is a question.

south side spur
04-15-2016, 06:37 PM
In March vs Thunder. That was the best I personally saw the defense play this season. Westbrook and Durant were held to 16 fgs -41 fgas. Westbrook was rattled some because he wasn't getting those bullshit foul calls he normally gets penetrating like a runaway train and expecting a call. The defensive effort was even more impressive considering Parker, Green, Ginobili and Mills were 2 fgs -23 fgas. For the Spurs to be successful in these playoffs Kawhi and Aldridge have to carry the load on offense as long as the team defense is sound and that's the way it was this game.

Kawhitstorm
04-15-2016, 07:03 PM

Let's see:

OKC (Season opener/LMA's debut)
(http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43121" OKC[/URL] (LMA's debut) [URL="http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43121)OKC (Restgate)

@GSW (Tim: DNP)
@GSW (Diaw: DNP)

@LAC (Kawhi: DNP)

@Cavs (Tim: DNP)
@Tor (Kawhi: Flu)

Blew the Wiz/Hornet/Denver(Rest) game

Close loss @Chi/@Indy/@Hou

One LEGIT double digit loss @ NO

maverick1948
04-15-2016, 10:25 PM
GSW 34 and 7
SAS 27 and 14
Cle LAC and TOR 24 and `17

The road wins of the best 5 in the league.

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2016, 10:30 PM
Let's see:

OKC (Season opener/LMA's debut)
(http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43121" OKC[/URL] (LMA's debut) [URL="http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43121)OKC (Restgate)

@GSW (Tim: DNP)
@GSW (Diaw: DNP)

@LAC (Kawhi: DNP)

@Cavs (Tim: DNP)
@Tor (Kawhi: Flu)

Blew the Wiz/Hornet/Denver(Rest) game

Close loss @Chi/@Indy/@Hou

One LEGIT double digit loss @ NO

That doesn't really change my point, though..

I said they haven't had an impressive road win, I didn't say that they can't get an impressive W on the road:lol

sexinthatsx
04-15-2016, 10:35 PM
It's the stigma that spurs have not had to play any overtime games except for one of the games to end the season with the Thunder. So to answer your question, the best win this year is all the wins except for the losses and the overtime game :toast

Kawhitstorm
04-15-2016, 10:43 PM
I said they haven't had an impressive road win, I didn't say that they can't get an impressive W on the road:lol

It's fairly obvious they have been feasting at home & they didn't have all their horses against the top 5 teams.

Otherwise, they got the Celtics/Heat/Hawks/Blazers who are all very good home teams.

04-15-2016, 11:13 PM
We can sub Boban in for offense and out for defense I guess...

We can also replace all NBA refs with FIBA ones and see how much that helps.
We all remember how Duncan performs with Fiba refs smfh

spursistan
05-11-2016, 01:42 AM
The writing was on the wall.. when it comes our reg season performance against the other top 5 teams, this team didn't show anything despite the gaudy record and Point differential...

the struggle against the same Thunder playing on B2B and coming off a loss to the Wolves in that March game was pretty telling..microcosm of the series..OKC still in it late despite Westbrook/Durant playing below-par..

Kawhitstorm
05-11-2016, 03:49 AM
The writing was on the wall.. when it comes our reg season performance against the other top 5 teams, this team didn't show anything despite the gaudy record and Point differential...

the struggle against the same Thunder playing on B2B and coming off a loss to the Wolves in that March game was pretty telling..microcosm of the series..OKC still in it late despite Westbrook/Durant playing below-par..

Losing a series to a team running 90s isolation offense & has a scrub like Roberson in their starting lineup. :lmao

Trying to beat ISO ball w/ ISO ball.:pop: