PDA

View Full Version : Could Have Used Guys like Simmons and Miller Last Night

MoSpur
04-11-2016, 06:23 AM
It wouldn't have hurt. IJS

bklynspursfan
04-11-2016, 08:26 AM
Pop hasn't even used Miller against them yet. I think that will be 1 of the several things he throws at them that they haven't seen yet.

tmtcsc
04-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Pop hasn't even used Miller against them yet. I think that will be 1 of the several things he throws at them that they haven't seen yet.

Anderson should have shot the ball in your sig video. He was wide open.

tmtcsc
04-11-2016, 08:35 AM
It wouldn't have hurt. IJS

I would have liked to see what Miller could offer against Curry.

MoSpur
04-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Since it seemed like Pop didn't really care all too much about winning last night, why not put Simmons in the game to see how could have done defensively against Thompson. Maybe Miller to post up on offense. I mean it seemed like he was throwing out all kinds of lineups out there, why not give them some burn.

emanueldavidginobili
04-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Definitely could have used Simmons yesterday especially because he is a slasher and no one else was driving to the basketball, jump shot jump shot jump shot....brick brick brick

gambit1990
04-11-2016, 06:16 PM
i'm all for patty starting and miller being his backup.

gambit1990
04-11-2016, 06:19 PM
what i suggested in early february:

let's start patty and simmons.

the regular season is for tinkering.

patty is faster, can shoot better, and has better court vision than parker. he also doesn't need the ball in his hands to still operate and be effective: patty makes better cuts and can set up behind the three like parker never could.

with patty starting, that would offset missing the only thing danny provides on offense: the three. i appreciate him as a player and him giving up money to stay but i feel like what he provides he could replicate off the bench.

i would starts simmons over green because he can do exactly what green can't: cut and handle the ball. he's our most athletic and explosive player. dunks aren't everything, but they sure are efficient. i'd rather someone dunk than someone attempt an awkward lay up. simmons is a better passer too. so not only can he cut and dunk, he can cut and make a smart play.

tp off the bench would have an easier time scoring against a teams' second unit. he also has chemistry with boris. patty has chemistry with la.

Holden_Caulfield
04-11-2016, 07:08 PM
simmons should be the backup 3, anderson is way too passive.

tholdren
04-11-2016, 07:19 PM
he traveled

Obstructed_View
04-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Rasual Butler would sure have been nice in spots since Danny Green can't hit the side of a barn.

ace3g
04-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Is a bit odd or maybe not (CIA Pop) that Miller is the only player on Spurs roster to not play against the Warriors this season.

Poolboy5623
04-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Miller not playing much in reg season, just means he won't play at all in playoffs. There's no smoke screen, here.

TDomination
04-11-2016, 08:27 PM
We could have used them but it looked to me like Pop wanted to see more of Kmart and Boban, especially in the 4th. This was obvious that Pop wanted to see what options he will have come playoff time as opposed to doing everything he can to win the game.

jdelar03
04-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Lol if andrea miller is the secret warriors killer i think we are in for a big let down

bklynspursfan
04-12-2016, 05:24 PM

1 of the biggest weaknesses in his game... There's time for him to develop though

bklynspursfan
04-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Is a bit odd or maybe not (CIA Pop) that Miller is the only player on Spurs roster to not play against the Warriors this season.

I think he can/will be used if they play. They like to slow the game down and go in the post... Our 2nd unit won't have much of that, especially if Diaw starts. Miller is perfect to post those guys and settle the 2nd unit, and slow things down.

MoSpur
04-13-2016, 10:42 PM
These two should get 8-12 minutes a game in the playoffs. Miller is a really smart ball player. Simmons is great at drawing fouls and always seems to get the and 1.

bigfan
04-13-2016, 11:01 PM
Have to say Miller is a surprise.

DenialTwist
04-14-2016, 04:44 AM
They could've used Simmons against the warriors too. He ain't afraid to attack the basket. Spurs were scared to score the ball in that last warriors game down the stretch. It was like hot potato out there. If Simmons was there he would've tried to dunk on Bogut or Dramyond.