Maybe he'll finally get enough attention for himself

Just see this over and over again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9nyiwaTIg

SpursforSix
04-13-2016, 07:06 PM
I hope he suffers a life ending injury.

steeledl
04-13-2016, 07:07 PM
I'll tune in tonight. I hope he has a great game..... Really is the end of an era. I've seen so much of his career..... I was a teenager when he was the biggest star in the game and everybody wanted those alien Kobe shoes that were like boats. I hated him for a lot of his career but only because he was such a great player.

in2deep
04-13-2016, 07:09 PM
http://www.chestnuthilllocal.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Kobe.jpg

tholdren
04-13-2016, 07:18 PM
Gregg Popovich: "Kobe is an iconic figure who will be missed, but as time goes on, it'll all pass, too. You haven't spent a lot of time thinking of Magic or Michael, I'm sure, Larry, Hakeem, so on and so forth. People take their places and life goes on for all of us."

Obstructed_View
04-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Kobe lived rent free long enough for me to make this in photoshop, so about 20 minutes.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/home/Spurstalk/Byefelicia_zpshxykojhr.jpg

Dex
04-13-2016, 07:27 PM
How I will feel after the last game of Kobe's farewell tour:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/7f/7f77546945f948560cdc26b12b99d5ccd390c2e39d2849d342 3ae7608dac066a.jpg

tholdren
04-13-2016, 07:28 PM
lord of the rings. go away

baseline bum
04-13-2016, 07:30 PM
I can't front, he was one of my favorite players to ever watch, and I watched lots of his prime years when I lived in LA. Don't get me wrong, I was always rooting for him to lose (except vs Sacramento, I wanted the Spurs to be the team to end their dynasty), but I can't imagine being a basketball fan and not enjoying watching the guy play. I hope he ends up landing a spot on ESPN or TNT.

Obstructed_View
04-13-2016, 07:32 PM
I hope he suffers a life ending injury.

:lmao

steeledl
04-13-2016, 07:33 PM
I can't front, he was one of my favorite players to ever watch, and I watched lots of his prime years when I lived in LA. Don't get me wrong, I was always rooting for him to lose (except vs Sacramento, I wanted the Spurs to be the team to end their dynasty), but I can't imagine being a basketball fan and not enjoying watching the guy play. I hope he ends up landing a spot on ESPN or TNT.

He would be good on TNT. He is a. Pretty straight shooter.....keeps it real and ain't scared to hurt feelings .

Kawhitstorm
04-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Gregg Popovich: "....as time goes on, it'll all pass, too. You haven't spent a lot of time thinking of Magic or Michael, I'm sure, Larry, Hakeem, so on and so forth. People take their places and life goes on for all of us."

Obstructed_View
04-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Gregg Popovich: "....as time goes on, it'll all pass, too. You haven't spent a lot of time thinking of Magic or Michael, I'm sure, Larry, Hakeem, so on and so forth. People take their places and life goes on for all of us."

exstatic
04-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Bye, Felicia...

Old School 44
04-13-2016, 07:39 PM
I have no problem with his game. It's all world. He was incredible to watch. It's his arrogance more off the court that I can't stand. For his sake, when he goes into the HOF, I hope he doesn't give a Jordan-like speech.

spurraider21
04-13-2016, 07:39 PM
I'll let you choose your sentence.

Death or exile?

Spur|n|Austin
04-13-2016, 07:41 PM
:lol

+1

baseline bum
04-13-2016, 07:42 PM
I'll let you choose your sentence.

Death or exile?

Can I have a conjugal with Blake's wife first before going to the gallows?

BD24
04-13-2016, 07:46 PM
:bobo

Dex
04-13-2016, 07:48 PM
I have no problem with his game. It's all world. He was incredible to watch. It's his arrogance more off the court that I can't stand. For his sake, when he goes into the HOF, I hope he doesn't give a Jordan-like speech.

Oh, you know it's coming.

This is the guy who already wrote The Letter (http://www.theplayerstribune.com/dear-basketball/)...and he hasn't even stopped playing yet.

Obstructed_View
04-13-2016, 07:53 PM

People used to say that if Allen Iverson were six inches taller, he'd be Michael Jordan. Truthfully, if AI were six inches taller, he'd be a better version of Kobe.

I don't think Kobe's speech will be like Jordan's, as Kobe wasn't ever driven to win at all costs by hate like Jordan was, Kobe was driven to sacrifice team by a desire for personal glory and adoration. Frankly, he couldn't have found himself in a better position to get it than the fans who forgave him almost immediately for driving away Jackson and Shaq.

Amazing talent, fun as shit to watch, hall of famer for sure. Also most overrated athlete in NBA history for sure, maybe in all of sports history and top 5 all-time worst teammate.

keeferob25
04-13-2016, 07:58 PM
People used to say that if Allen Iverson were six inches taller, he'd be Michael Jordan. Truthfully, if AI were six inches taller, he'd be a better version of Kobe.

I don't think Kobe's speech will be like Jordan's, as Kobe wasn't ever driven to win at all costs by hate like Jordan was, Kobe was driven to sacrifice team by a desire for personal glory and adoration. Frankly, he couldn't have found himself in a better position to get it than the fans who forgave him almost immediately for driving away Jackson and Shaq.

Amazing talent, fun as shit to watch, hall of famer for sure. Also most overrated athlete in NBA history for sure, maybe in all of sports history and top 5 all-time worst teammate.

How long have you been in my head :wow ???

Kawhitstorm
04-13-2016, 08:05 PM

He was too fake, too corny, too much on that I-wanna-be-like-Mike steez when he was playing w/ Shaq that I couldn't stand him.

DarrinS
04-13-2016, 08:07 PM

Not TNT. He'd lobby to get Ernie, Kenny, Barkley, and Snack removed. :lol

Kawhitstorm
04-13-2016, 08:09 PM

Ronaldo is the equivalent of Kirby.:lol

Old School 44
04-13-2016, 08:20 PM
Oh, you know it's coming.

This is the guy who already wrote The Letter (http://www.theplayerstribune.com/dear-basketball/)...and he hasn't even stopped playing yet.
Yeah... I can only imagine what he will say about Shaq, Howard, Bynum, Malone and Horry to name a few. The letter's hilarious. When I first read it, my first thought was, "Who does this shit?".

rastaspur
04-13-2016, 08:21 PM
Cosign on the one of the most overrated nba players of all time. One thing is for certain. He is a unanimous selection to the selfish all stars. Most selfish athlete of all time. Prince nassem hamed also reminds me of kobe. Just a cocky douchebag.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-13-2016, 08:21 PM
Great memories from Kobe's career!
https://antistratfordian.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/last-kobe-in-paris.gif?w=770

jdelar03
04-13-2016, 08:28 PM
I've got the same message i've always had for him :flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:f lipoff:

Ditty
04-13-2016, 08:42 PM
For you Kobe my friend:

http://i.imgur.com/MZ6WEAp.gif

DeRozan m8
04-13-2016, 08:53 PM
Kobe - You were never as good as you thought you were.
The ego got to your head and made for an embarrassing 'farewell tour'.
3 seasons too late mind you, thanks for the laughs...1-14, most missed shots ever, 12th all time, etc....

So glad I won't have to watch you again.

Cheers

jdelar03
04-13-2016, 10:33 PM
I've got the same message i've always had for him :flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:f lipoff:

james evans
04-13-2016, 10:39 PM
I'm sad to see Kobe go. No more automatic wins for us vs the lakers

Mouth is Bleeding
04-13-2016, 10:43 PM
Many ppl will be perplexed when he announces that he wants to play on in a few months.

He'll be like an old boxer who can't walk away for good.

pgardn
04-13-2016, 10:54 PM

Final Jeopardy is over.

We have a winner.

bigfan
04-13-2016, 10:59 PM
Adios you ball hogging prima donna locker room poison!

LoneStarState'sPride
04-13-2016, 11:02 PM

Well said.

Clipper Nation
04-13-2016, 11:04 PM
I can't imagine being a basketball fan and not enjoying watching the guy play.

What's enjoyable about watching a role player chuck bricks every night? Did you also enjoy watching Antoine Walker play?

Keepin' it real
04-13-2016, 11:04 PM
You really think Kobe is going to visit spurstalk to read your "special" message? LOL

HI-FI
04-13-2016, 11:18 PM

agree with this as well.

I really hated him for most of his career, I knew he was a cancer and sociopath early on. Though tbh, I've enjoyed his last few seasons, how much of a hole he put the Lakers into. He's still easily a HoFer and one of the greatest villains the league has ever seen, which is great for entertainment value, but there's some justice to how his career has ended.

timtonymanu
04-13-2016, 11:23 PM
rofl no words from Duncan in that tribute I noticed. Probably didn't give a fuck.

lefty
04-13-2016, 11:24 PM
:lol Spurm fan is so bitter

:lol Prime Kirby OWNED the Spurms tbh

CapitalEmm
04-14-2016, 12:32 AM
http://www.waxxtv.com/wp-content/uploads/Kobe6.jpg

cjw
04-14-2016, 12:42 AM
Players with at least four scoring titles...
Jordan (10)
Wilt (7)
Gervin (4)
Iverson (4)
Durant (4)

Sorry Kobe, maybe you should look up to these guys. We know you rode Shaq and Pau to those titles anyway.

AFMadison
04-14-2016, 12:46 AM
Damn the haters, Kobe is one of the greatest whether you like him or not

Kool Bob Love
04-14-2016, 12:52 AM
Damn the haters, Kobe is one of the greatest whether you like him or not

Obstructed_View
04-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Kobe - You were never as good as you thought you were.
The ego got to your head and made for an embarrassing 'farewell tour'.
3 seasons too late mind you, thanks for the laughs...1-14, most missed shots ever, 12th all time, etc....

So glad I won't have to watch you again.

Cheers

Kobe was accused of intentionally giving away leads late in games so he could be the hero and hit the game winning shot when he was in high school.

Obstructed_View
04-14-2016, 06:37 AM
Oh well, regular season is over. Time to stop focusing on regular season players.

cd98
04-14-2016, 08:04 AM

Maybe Kibe will ask Pop to induct him into the HOF with this speech.

BillMc
04-14-2016, 08:08 AM
Oh well, regular season is over. Time to stop focusing on regular season players.

This. :bobo

TampaDude
04-14-2016, 08:32 AM
Helluva show last night, Kobe. No playoffs for you, again. Enjoy your retirement. You can pass the time watching Timmy get #6. :lobt2:

hater
04-14-2016, 08:44 AM
:lmao broke record for most FGs missed in a game ever

Commands #1 in most career field goals missed with an insurmountable lead of 1060 missed shots more than #2 guy :lol

Keepin' it real
04-14-2016, 12:34 PM
I hope Kobe haters are listening to The Herd today. Jason Whitlock is guest hosting, and he is blasting Kobe for being the most selfish and narcissistic star ever. Called last night's game hot garbage. He's not holding back anything.

And conversely, Russell and Kanell are basically genuflecting.

hater
04-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Who?

NameLess Scrub
04-14-2016, 12:53 PM
Not TNT. He'd lobby to get Ernie, Kenny, Barkley, and Snack removed. :lol

:lol

DarrinS
04-14-2016, 02:03 PM
I hope Kobe haters are listening to The Herd today. Jason Whitlock is guest hosting, and he is blasting Kobe for being the most selfish and narcissistic star ever. Called last night's game hot garbage. He's not holding back anything.

And conversely, Russell and Kanell are basically genuflecting.

https://amp.twimg.com/v/c662157e-c4e8-4c51-ad90-bd0010656e9f

BD24
04-14-2016, 02:17 PM
No Idea who Jason Whitlock was before, I am a fan though after hearing him call out Kobe on his bullshit.

steeledl
04-14-2016, 02:46 PM
No Idea who Jason Whitlock was before, I am a fan though after hearing him call out Kobe on his bullshit.

One of the biggest racist in sports media. Also, always wants a hot take .