PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The Last Kobe thread I will ever start ...

Killakobe81
04-13-2016, 09:02 PM
My thread for sharing final thoughts on Kobe's legacy. this is not for the haters but you dont have to be a a Kobe fan or Stan to appreciate his career. Here are some great articles on agreat player whether he is top 10, 12th or 25th ...

To read about Kobe's mentors click here (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15193525/kobe-bryant-personal-mount-rushmore-mentors-starting-michael-jackson)

The King of Pop on Kobe:

"Keep doing what you're doing," Jackson implores him. "Don't come back to the pack and be normal for the sake of blending in with others. Don't dumb it down."

"This is what you love. This is your obsession,'" Bryant recalls. "He said, 'I know what it's like to be different. Embrace it.'"

"You've got to study all the greats," Jackson tells Kobe. "You've got to learn what made them successful and what made them unsuccessful."

In June, Bryant is still basking in the glow of his fourth championship, a victory over Dwight Howard and the Magic, when his cellphone jingles. It's a call from Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine, who tells Bryant how happy her son was that Bryant had "proven everyone wrong."

Jordan on Kobe:

"He has that tunnel vision where you only think about winning, not other people's perception of you," Jordan says. "You might not like Kobe, but you know what? He couldn't care less."

Perhaps you've heard the legendary tale of how Kobe once elbowed teammate Sasha Vujacic in the face during a 2004-2005 practice, causing Vujacic to burst into tears? What you do not know is that following the incident, Kobe calls Jordan, seeking his counsel. Even Kobe wonders: Has he gone to far?"Sometimes you have to be an a--hole," says Jordan today when asked about that conversation. "Sometimes your teammates are going to hate you, but all the guys I went after -- Luc Longley, Steve Kerr, Jud Buechler -- they won multiple championships, so I'm pretty sure they understand."

Magic on Kobe:

But in the winter of 2009, with the Lakers coming off a crushing Finals loss to the Celtics the previous season, Bryant arrives three hours early at the practice facility and discovers Magic sitting in the breakfast room. The two sit together, alone, for two hours, Kobe chastising Magic for being critical about him in the press, Magic challenging Kobe to use his influence in the community.

West on Kobe:

A concerned West reaches out, imploring Bryant to tap into his humility -- if such a thing even exists. "Find it," West urges him. "It will save you."

"I have always had a fondness for him as a player ...Sometimes he would disappoint me with some of things he would say, in particular to players who did not play as hard as him ...but I think on balance, this has been a remarkable player the player of the decades ...simply one of the greatest players that ever played the game.

"He was a showman , but he was also a winner. And he has left a legacy throughout the world. Millions of people love this guy and millions will miss what he was able to accomplish in his career."

... "what I admired most about from a distance since I was no longer there, was his ability to play when other players simply would not play."

Bird on Kobe:

Kobe tells Bird he was always curious about his routine, his pre-game preparation, his off-season conditioning, He asks Bird how he handled team-mates who didnt perform with the same intensity. "Larry said, "you know what? That's why you Micheal and me might have been better off playing individual sports".:lol

Hakeem on Kobe:

At first he was little awkward because it wasnt his natural movement. ...but by the time he was done he was so fluid. How quickly he got it - that was unbeliveable says Dream who worked with Dwight, Yao Lebron ...Kobe was the one who got it the fastest and used it the most" ...if you are all about ego, you dont come down to my ranch"

Kendrick Lamar Fade to Black:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a04pFOGtq3Q

Lil Wayne Kobe Bryant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCH-owsrC-A

Kobe greatness:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kobe+bryant+greatness+personi fied

Kobe's best dunks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtfZeoFU0J0

Kobe drops 45 10 and 3 on Spurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0HtbJFEzJM

Kobe drops 48 and 16 on Kings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR3kpKk0mfA

Kobe's takeover vs Pacers in the Finals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5e-hIvfWL0

Kobe Bryant one of the all-time great Lakers. He may have been a first class asshole but he was a winner. And his team-mates respected him ...

Ron Harper
Kobe’s relentlessness wasn’t just about games. Basketball was a 24/7 obsession for him. When they rolled the ball out at practice, there was no need for him to warm up. He was already warmed up at 7 a.m. He was ready to get it in. He would go at guys so hard in practice that I started to think to myself, Okay, this guy is really trying to be MJ. He’s trying to be the greatest of all-time.

Brian Shaw
If you scored on Kobe in practice, or even if you just made a nice play with him guarding you, he would not let you leave the gym unless you played him one-on-one. Who wants to play Kobe one-on-one? Nobody. But he would bug you until you finally gave in. If you crossed him over or scored on him, the rest of the team would gas it up because everybody knew how competitive he was. So they made a big deal out of it. Those early 2000s Lakers teams were full of instigators.

So this guy J.R. Rider gets to the team in 2000, and things got really interesting ...

Great Story follows:

Brian Shaw
J.R. had been a star in Minnesota and Portland. He was the go-to scorer. He also had played some really good games against the Lakers. So he came in with a lot of confidence. So one day in practice, J.R. says to Kobe, “Don’t get it twisted. I’m a star too, and I used to give you buckets.” So Kobe says, “Man, you really think you could take me? Alright, after practice, me and you. One-on-one.”

Ron Harper
Phil Jackson loved this stuff. (another asshole) He didn’t even wait for practice to end. He says, “Alright, you want to go? Everybody off the court.”

Devean George
The older players were always woofin’. If somebody scored on somebody in our practices, it was like we were at Rucker Park. “Ooooohhhhhhh! He got you! He got you, boy!”You got Shaq out there instigating stuff, “Oh! Don’t let him get you like that! Don’t let him cross you!”It was a show every day. Now you got Kobe vs. J.R. in front of everybody? Oh, my gosh. Nobody went to the showers. Everybody pulled up chairs on the sideline. It was like a heavyweight fight.

Brian Shaw
This is 22-year-old Kobe. Crazy athletic. Unlimited stamina. I mean, he kicked his ass. He pulled out everything in his bag — dunk, up-and-under, pull-up, crossover.

Devean George
Fadeaway. Left hand. Right hand. Blowing by him.

Brian Shaw
We were on the sidelines gassing it up. People are laughing, yelling, “Hey J.R., be careful what you wish for.”

Ron Harper
Guys were waving white towels, yelling, “Stop the beatdown, please! Please stop!”

Horace Grant
J.R. wanted to fight everybody in the gym.

That is the essence of Kobe Bryant .... For Full story http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kobe-bryant-lakers-retirement-teammate-tributes/

More team-mates:

Ron-ron
"We'll be on the plane," Ron Artest says. "Playing cards. Kobe will walk up, stop the game and say, 'Ron, come to the back of the plane.' Then, he'll show me some tape and say, 'Look at this. Here's what you need to do.' I'll go back to my seat, and then he'll walk up to Shannon Brown, stop the card game and do the same thing. And it doesn't matter if you're sleeping. He'll wake you up and show you things you've never thought about. He puts so much time and passion into the game. I have no problem following somebody who's worth being followed, who works as hard as me. I will follow Kobe anywhere."

Ty Lue:

"Every time we acquired a new guy," Tyronn Lue remembers, "He would play those guys one-on-one after every practice just to show them, like, ‘I'm the man, I'm the man.'"

Pau:
If you play with him, you’re looking every day at living proof of why the greats are the greats. It’s not by accident. It’s an obsession to reach that level and remain at that level. The dedication, the commitment, is such a unique thing. You don’t find it. He inspired me to be better, to see the game in a more detailed way.

We beat the Magic in the 2009 Finals, and everybody was happy, but it was different for him. It had a special meaning. Basketball was his life, and winning was his devotion. I’m not taking anything away from his family, which means the world to him, but basketball had so much depth to it.

When the Chris Paul trade, which I was going to be a part of, was vetoed in December 2011, he was like a big brother, standing up for me. At one point he told the Lakers, “If you’re going to trade him, do what you have to do and trade him. If not, leave him alone and let him play.”

We didn’t hang out that much off the court, but toward the end we had several meals one-on-one, and we would reminisce. When I was deciding whether to leave the Lakers in 2014, he came to my house in Redondo Beach. He said he wanted me to stay in L.A. and battle with him and finish our careers together. Those were his words. I told him I was in a place where I needed a change in my heart. I needed a change of air. It was one of the toughest things I’ve ever done, telling him, “I’m deciding not to play with you anymore.”

I signed with the Bulls because I wanted to put myself in position to win another title. I haven’t been able to do that. I miss him a lot. I miss his presence. I miss that attitude. Not many players have it.

The White Swan, the Black Swan, all of that, it didn’t upset me. It didn’t frustrate me. It showed he cared about me. It was tough love. He was challenging me because he expected more from me. When somebody cares about you, that’s when they challenge you. When they don’t care about you, they ignore you. That’s when you should worry.

Shaq:

“My favorite Kobe story was when we were going back and forth against Indiana and I had fouled out. So I’m thinking damn, here we go again. I [messed] up. Remember I was killing Rik Smits and I fouled out and they made that run? Everybody was worried, including [then-Lakers coach) Phil [Jackson]. And Kobe came up to me and said, ‘Don’t worry. I got it.’

CDR:

At one point it damn near came to blows because Bean will do anything for an edge. So he was elbowing me on the low for separation and I couldn’t let that go as a competitor. As a man. The refs were too scared to call the foul bc he was intimidating them all practice. But at then end it was all love. The respect is mutual. Gave me some pointers that are priceless. It’s a misconception on Bean. Ppl think he’s a sucker…hard to play with. It’s just that he expects the most of his teammates because works so hard. Easily the realist hooper I’ve met. He never lies and I respect that."

Fisher:

Game 7 in the 2010 NBA Finals against the Celtics is another vivid Kobe memory for me. He was only 6-of-24 from the field — it was one of the worst shooting performances of his playoff career — but because of his energy and physical toughness, he was still was our best player in that game, grabbing 15 rebounds to help us reach the winner’s circle again.
And that’s what people don’t realize when they highlight the number of shots Kobe has hoisted over his career. When that shot was failing him, he would still do whatever it took to help the team get the W. Hitting the glass, collecting 15 boards, or 10 assists, or three steals, or two blocked shots; it didn’t matter. He did it all, and he did it well.
Plus, none of that accounts for the brand of physical defense that Kobe brought night in and night out. Quite simply, he made it very hard for opponents — often the other teams’ best players during crunch time — to score. And his shooting woes never impacted his defense, which is a rare thing in this game, particularly now.

Im sure some hate him Smush sure does but the winners that played with Kobe, like Pau, fisher, Harper Rick Fox have love for their little brother ...

For the haters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYz0I5dE_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hi0skAwlHM&ebc=ANyPxKowatFoaFzh-AbOD0u4gZAeX_0WRJcscQ6DappgYdXhb9MVnArlFZFubcD6h1m 8xkSiWt1bHuoNZqzh0tnHHgDGtoLR_g

The true last days of Kobe Bryant:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/74309/the-last-true-days-of-kobe-bryant

Koolaid_Man
04-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Thank you Killa!!! I'm too emotional right now....I'm gonna finish this Cush.....I need the high.....you the man Killa I salute your ass !!!!!!

Killakobe81
04-13-2016, 09:48 PM
Thank you Killa!!! I'm too emotional right now....I'm gonna finish this Cush.....I need the high.....you the man Killa I salute your ass !!!!!!

A bittersweet night.:toast

mudyez
04-13-2016, 09:49 PM
He can still beat Kareem's all time scoring record...36 minutes to go (wow, they even scheduled when he is subbed to the media)

mudyez
04-13-2016, 09:51 PM
Wow, thats getting great...0/2...with one airball

mudyez
04-13-2016, 09:54 PM
0/4...already feeling bad for Kobe :(

...at least he now is starting just to turn the ball over, which he can blame on teammates.

Killakobe81
04-13-2016, 09:58 PM
0/4...already feeling bad for Kobe :(

hey post that shit in the game thread .. mud ...this is for pre-achilles Kobe ...not broken down Kobe ...take your pity in th Wed gamethread, please.

mudyez
04-13-2016, 09:59 PM
hey post that shit in the game thread .. mud ...this is for pre-achilles Kobe ...not broken down Kobe ...take your pity in th Wed gamethread, please.

thats not the game thread?

LkrFan
04-13-2016, 10:02 PM
Killa with the MF'n goods! :wow

TampaDude
04-13-2016, 10:15 PM
I was never a fan of Kobe Bryant, but I do respect his game and acknowledge that he is one of the best to ever lace them up. Win or lose, the NBA won't be the same without him.

Happy trails, Mamba...

DMC
04-13-2016, 10:35 PM
tl;dr

spurraider21
04-13-2016, 10:37 PM
what are you guys crying about, kobe retired in 2013 tbh

Killakobe81
04-13-2016, 10:38 PM
I was never a fan of Kobe Bryant, but I do respect his game and acknowledge that he is one of the best to ever lace them up. Win or lose, the NBA won't be the same without him.

Happy trails, Mamba...

Respect. He is a arrogant obsessed prick and asshole but still a great player.

Killakobe81
04-13-2016, 10:38 PM
what are you guys crying about, kobe retired in 2013 tbh

Wish he had ...

Clipper Nation
04-13-2016, 10:45 PM
Yes, let's appreciate this fraud's "legacy":

Original and permanent owner of The Bag
Zero alpha rings
The Achilles
Cucked by Karl Malone
RapedPERIOD
Two-pieced by Chris Childs
Most bricks in NBA history
Forced his way to the Lakers on draft day because he knew he couldn't carry a franchise like the Nets, Kings or Hornets
Outplayed by Austin Croshere and Tayshaun Prince on the sport's biggest stage
Shot 4-13 against a bunch of starving Angolans

Good riddance to the biggest faggot in the history of organized athletics.

midnightpulp
04-13-2016, 10:47 PM

Zero alpha rings
The Achilles
Cucked by Karl Malone
RapedPERIOD
Forced his way to the Lakers on draft day because he knew he couldn't carry a franchise like the Nets, Kings or Hornets

:lol

Chris
04-13-2016, 10:50 PM
tl;dr

Beat me to it :lol

BD24
04-13-2016, 10:52 PM

Zero alpha rings
The Achilles
Cucked by Karl Malone
RapedPERIOD

:bobo

Killakobe81
04-13-2016, 11:07 PM
Beat me to it :lol

Gtfo but thanks for showing me dmcs stupid response

Mitch
04-13-2016, 11:07 PM
:tu Honor greatness

DMC
04-13-2016, 11:28 PM
:tu Honor greatness
Get on your knees and I will allow you to do just that.

Killakobe81
04-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Mamba Day:

Records/Achievements owned by Kobe Bryant

- 5 NBA championships
- 3rd all-time in regular season scoring (trails Malone and Jabbar)
- 3rd all-time in playoff scoring (trails Jordan and Jabbar)
- 2nd most points (81) in a single game
- Tied for most all-star MVP's (4)
- 18 ASG appearances
- 11 first team All-NBA selections
- 2 Finals MVP's
- 1 Regular season MVP
- 62 points in only 3 quarters vs. Mavs
- 24 career 50 point games (Had to change this as I was typing nicca now has 60!!! IDGAF how many shots it took to get that last one?!)
- 6 60 point games!!!
- 112 40 point games
- Kobe has dropped at least 40 on every NBA team (EXCEPT the Lakers of course) ...
- 2 Olympic Gold Medals -
- 2nd highest Scoring game in NBA history

And ...

Most Seasons played for a single NBA Franchise: 20
Most All-Star Game MVP awards won, career: 4 (tied with Bob Pettit)
Most All-Star Game field goals made, career: 115
Most offensive rebounds in an All-Star Game: 10
Most All-NBA Total Selections won, career: 16
Most All-NBA First Team honors won, career: 11 (tied with Karl Malone)
Most All-Defensive First Team honors won, career: 9 (tied with Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, and Kevin Garnett)
Only player in NBA history with more than 30,000 points, 6,000 assists and 6,000 rebounds.[32]
Most three-point field goals made, one game: 12 (on January 7, 2003 vs. Seattle SuperSonics; shared with Donyell Marshall and Stephen Curry)[33]
Most three-point field goal attempts, career-playoffs: 882[34]
Most field goal attempts, career-playoffs: 4,500
Most three-point field goal attempts, career-finals: 153
Most free throws made, four-game playoff series: 51 (second round vs. Sacramento Kings, 2001)[35]
Most points scored in one arena, career: 13,812 (as of March 9, 2012, at Staples Center, Los Angeles)[36][37]
Surpassed Hakeem Olajuwon, the previous holder of the record

21 gun salute to the Mamba!!!

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 02:38 AM
Fanboy thread, tbh.

whitemamba
04-14-2016, 03:57 AM
My thread for sharing final thoughts on Kobe's legacy. this is not for the haters but you dont have to be a a Kobe fan or Stan to appreciate his career. Here are some great articles on agreat player whether he is top 10, 12th or 25th ...

To read about Kobe's mentors click here (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15193525/kobe-bryant-personal-mount-rushmore-mentors-starting-michael-jackson)

The King of Pop on Kobe:

"Keep doing what you're doing," Jackson implores him. "Don't come back to the pack and be normal for the sake of blending in with others. Don't dumb it down."

"This is what you love. This is your obsession,'" Bryant recalls. "He said, 'I know what it's like to be different. Embrace it.'"

"You've got to study all the greats," Jackson tells Kobe. "You've got to learn what made them successful and what made them unsuccessful."

In June, Bryant is still basking in the glow of his fourth championship, a victory over Dwight Howard and the Magic, when his cellphone jingles. It's a call from Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine, who tells Bryant how happy her son was that Bryant had "proven everyone wrong."

Jordan on Kobe:

"He has that tunnel vision where you only think about winning, not other people's perception of you," Jordan says. "You might not like Kobe, but you know what? He couldn't care less."

Perhaps you've heard the legendary tale of how Kobe once elbowed teammate Sasha Vujacic in the face during a 2004-2005 practice, causing Vujacic to burst into tears? What you do not know is that following the incident, Kobe calls Jordan, seeking his counsel. Even Kobe wonders: Has he gone to far?"Sometimes you have to be an a--hole," says Jordan today when asked about that conversation. "Sometimes your teammates are going to hate you, but all the guys I went after -- Luc Longley, Steve Kerr, Jud Buechler -- they won multiple championships, so I'm pretty sure they understand."

Magic on Kobe:

But in the winter of 2009, with the Lakers coming off a crushing Finals loss to the Celtics the previous season, Bryant arrives three hours early at the practice facility and discovers Magic sitting in the breakfast room. The two sit together, alone, for two hours, Kobe chastising Magic for being critical about him in the press, Magic challenging Kobe to use his influence in the community.

West on Kobe:

A concerned West reaches out, imploring Bryant to tap into his humility -- if such a thing even exists. "Find it," West urges him. "It will save you."

"I have always had a fondness for him as a player ...Sometimes he would disappoint me with some of things he would say, in particular to players who did not play as hard as him ...but I think on balance, this has been a remarkable player the player of the decades ...simply one of the greatest players that ever played the game.

"He was a showman , but he was also a winner. And he has left a legacy throughout the world. Millions of people love this guy and millions will miss what he was able to accomplish in his career."

... "what I admired most about from a distance since I was no longer there, was his ability to play when other players simply would not play."

Bird on Kobe:

Kobe tells Bird he was always curious about his routine, his pre-game preparation, his off-season conditioning, He asks Bird how he handled team-mates who didnt perform with the same intensity. "Larry said, "you know what? That's why you Micheal and me might have been better off playing individual sports".:lol

Hakeem on Kobe:

At first he was little awkward because it wasnt his natural movement. ...but by the time he was done he was so fluid. How quickly he got it - that was unbeliveable says Dream who worked with Dwight, Yao Lebron ...Kobe was the one who got it the fastest and used it the most" ...if you are all about ego, you dont come down to my ranch"

Kendrick Lamar Fade to Black:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a04pFOGtq3Q

Lil Wayne Kobe Bryant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCH-owsrC-A

Kobe greatness:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kobe+bryant+greatness+personi fied

Kobe's best dunks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtfZeoFU0J0

Kobe drops 45 10 and 3 on Spurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0HtbJFEzJM

Kobe drops 48 and 16 on Kings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR3kpKk0mfA

Kobe's takeover vs Pacers in the Finals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5e-hIvfWL0

Kobe Bryant one of the all-time great Lakers. He may have been a first class asshole but he was a winner. And his team-mates respected him ...

Ron Harper
Kobe’s relentlessness wasn’t just about games. Basketball was a 24/7 obsession for him. When they rolled the ball out at practice, there was no need for him to warm up. He was already warmed up at 7 a.m. He was ready to get it in. He would go at guys so hard in practice that I started to think to myself, Okay, this guy is really trying to be MJ. He’s trying to be the greatest of all-time.

Brian Shaw
If you scored on Kobe in practice, or even if you just made a nice play with him guarding you, he would not let you leave the gym unless you played him one-on-one. Who wants to play Kobe one-on-one? Nobody. But he would bug you until you finally gave in. If you crossed him over or scored on him, the rest of the team would gas it up because everybody knew how competitive he was. So they made a big deal out of it. Those early 2000s Lakers teams were full of instigators.

So this guy J.R. Rider gets to the team in 2000, and things got really interesting ...

Great Story follows:

Brian Shaw
J.R. had been a star in Minnesota and Portland. He was the go-to scorer. He also had played some really good games against the Lakers. So he came in with a lot of confidence. So one day in practice, J.R. says to Kobe, “Don’t get it twisted. I’m a star too, and I used to give you buckets.” So Kobe says, “Man, you really think you could take me? Alright, after practice, me and you. One-on-one.”

Ron Harper
Phil Jackson loved this stuff. (another asshole) He didn’t even wait for practice to end. He says, “Alright, you want to go? Everybody off the court.”

Devean George
The older players were always woofin’. If somebody scored on somebody in our practices, it was like we were at Rucker Park. “Ooooohhhhhhh! He got you! He got you, boy!”You got Shaq out there instigating stuff, “Oh! Don’t let him get you like that! Don’t let him cross you!”It was a show every day. Now you got Kobe vs. J.R. in front of everybody? Oh, my gosh. Nobody went to the showers. Everybody pulled up chairs on the sideline. It was like a heavyweight fight.

Brian Shaw
This is 22-year-old Kobe. Crazy athletic. Unlimited stamina. I mean, he kicked his ass. He pulled out everything in his bag — dunk, up-and-under, pull-up, crossover.

Devean George
Fadeaway. Left hand. Right hand. Blowing by him.

Brian Shaw
We were on the sidelines gassing it up. People are laughing, yelling, “Hey J.R., be careful what you wish for.”

Ron Harper
Guys were waving white towels, yelling, “Stop the beatdown, please! Please stop!”

Horace Grant
J.R. wanted to fight everybody in the gym.

That is the essence of Kobe Bryant .... For Full story http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kobe-bryant-lakers-retirement-teammate-tributes/

More team-mates:

Ron-ron
"We'll be on the plane," Ron Artest says. "Playing cards. Kobe will walk up, stop the game and say, 'Ron, come to the back of the plane.' Then, he'll show me some tape and say, 'Look at this. Here's what you need to do.' I'll go back to my seat, and then he'll walk up to Shannon Brown, stop the card game and do the same thing. And it doesn't matter if you're sleeping. He'll wake you up and show you things you've never thought about. He puts so much time and passion into the game. I have no problem following somebody who's worth being followed, who works as hard as me. I will follow Kobe anywhere."

Ty Lue:

"Every time we acquired a new guy," Tyronn Lue remembers, "He would play those guys one-on-one after every practice just to show them, like, ‘I'm the man, I'm the man.'"

Pau:
If you play with him, you’re looking every day at living proof of why the greats are the greats. It’s not by accident. It’s an obsession to reach that level and remain at that level. The dedication, the commitment, is such a unique thing. You don’t find it. He inspired me to be better, to see the game in a more detailed way.

We beat the Magic in the 2009 Finals, and everybody was happy, but it was different for him. It had a special meaning. Basketball was his life, and winning was his devotion. I’m not taking anything away from his family, which means the world to him, but basketball had so much depth to it.

When the Chris Paul trade, which I was going to be a part of, was vetoed in December 2011, he was like a big brother, standing up for me. At one point he told the Lakers, “If you’re going to trade him, do what you have to do and trade him. If not, leave him alone and let him play.”

We didn’t hang out that much off the court, but toward the end we had several meals one-on-one, and we would reminisce. When I was deciding whether to leave the Lakers in 2014, he came to my house in Redondo Beach. He said he wanted me to stay in L.A. and battle with him and finish our careers together. Those were his words. I told him I was in a place where I needed a change in my heart. I needed a change of air. It was one of the toughest things I’ve ever done, telling him, “I’m deciding not to play with you anymore.”

I signed with the Bulls because I wanted to put myself in position to win another title. I haven’t been able to do that. I miss him a lot. I miss his presence. I miss that attitude. Not many players have it.

The White Swan, the Black Swan, all of that, it didn’t upset me. It didn’t frustrate me. It showed he cared about me. It was tough love. He was challenging me because he expected more from me. When somebody cares about you, that’s when they challenge you. When they don’t care about you, they ignore you. That’s when you should worry.

Shaq:

“My favorite Kobe story was when we were going back and forth against Indiana and I had fouled out. So I’m thinking damn, here we go again. I [messed] up. Remember I was killing Rik Smits and I fouled out and they made that run? Everybody was worried, including [then-Lakers coach) Phil [Jackson]. And Kobe came up to me and said, ‘Don’t worry. I got it.’

CDR:

At one point it damn near came to blows because Bean will do anything for an edge. So he was elbowing me on the low for separation and I couldn’t let that go as a competitor. As a man. The refs were too scared to call the foul bc he was intimidating them all practice. But at then end it was all love. The respect is mutual. Gave me some pointers that are priceless. It’s a misconception on Bean. Ppl think he’s a sucker…hard to play with. It’s just that he expects the most of his teammates because works so hard. Easily the realist hooper I’ve met. He never lies and I respect that."

Fisher:

Game 7 in the 2010 NBA Finals against the Celtics is another vivid Kobe memory for me. He was only 6-of-24 from the field — it was one of the worst shooting performances of his playoff career — but because of his energy and physical toughness, he was still was our best player in that game, grabbing 15 rebounds to help us reach the winner’s circle again.
And that’s what people don’t realize when they highlight the number of shots Kobe has hoisted over his career. When that shot was failing him, he would still do whatever it took to help the team get the W. Hitting the glass, collecting 15 boards, or 10 assists, or three steals, or two blocked shots; it didn’t matter. He did it all, and he did it well.
Plus, none of that accounts for the brand of physical defense that Kobe brought night in and night out. Quite simply, he made it very hard for opponents — often the other teams’ best players during crunch time — to score. And his shooting woes never impacted his defense, which is a rare thing in this game, particularly now.

Im sure some hate him Smush sure does but the winners that played with Kobe, like Pau, fisher, Harper Rick Fox have love for their little brother ...

For the haters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYz0I5dE_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hi0skAwlHM&ebc=ANyPxKowatFoaFzh-AbOD0u4gZAeX_0WRJcscQ6DappgYdXhb9MVnArlFZFubcD6h1m 8xkSiWt1bHuoNZqzh0tnHHgDGtoLR_g

The true last days of Kobe Bryant:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/74309/the-last-true-days-of-kobe-bryant

:toast

Kawhitstorm
04-14-2016, 04:35 AM
Mamba Day:

Records/Achievements owned by Kobe Bryant

-Most bricks in a game: (30, 17-47 in a loss)
-Most bricks in NBA history
-Most FGAs in a game: 50
-Worst FG% for an All-Star & for a player w/ a 1000 FGAs (35%)
-Only so called Top 12 player to not make the playoffs past 33 while still being ACTIVE until 37
-Only so called Top 12 player to get outscored 48-15 during their PRIME by an opposing SG in a Finals game:

Yob7Ov9-wW0

-Only so called Top 12 player to get outscored 39-12 during their PEAK by an opposing 39 year old SG:

xFMNWOP-VKo

-Only so called 9 times All-NBA 1st team defender to give up 60 pts to an opposing guard during their PEAK:

ogrLrD6_8-o

21 gun salute to the Mamba!!!

Obstructed_View
04-14-2016, 06:24 AM
60 points on 50 shots. Lol.

Kobe memorial thread started on a Spurs message board. Lol.

Later, loser.

Killakobe81
04-14-2016, 06:46 AM
60 points on 50 shots. Lol.

Kobe memorial thread started on a Spurs message board. Lol.

Later, loser.

NBA forum ...
Only right after all the shit slungat Kobe down ehere over the years...
dont like it GTFO my thread ...

Didnt post all that on LG, because there is already to much Kobe related stuff.
I placed it where it was needed

Obstructed_View
04-14-2016, 10:45 AM
:lol the only shit being slung is the shot attempts Kobe's been putting up the last 12 years since the MVP that carried him left town. He got more credit for wins than he ever deserved, got more credit for being clutch than he ever deserved, got away with rape because his fans publicly eviscerated his victim. His teammates were demonized for carrying him to victories, and he got credit for their leadership. He destroyed the Lakers twice and you morons still cheer for him. He's Demarcus Cousins with tenure.

:lmao Kobe playing an individual sport. You can't put up stats and not win in an individual sport. You also can't take credit for other people's performances.

Good riddance to his career. Time to pull the sheet up over it and burn the box.

Killakobe81
04-14-2016, 11:08 AM
:lol the only shit being slung is the shot attempts Kobe's been putting up the last 12 years since the MVP that carried him left town. He got more credit for wins than he ever deserved, got more credit for being clutch than he ever deserved, got away with rape because his fans publicly eviscerated his victim. His teammates were demonized for carrying him to victories, and he got credit for their leadership. He destroyed the Lakers twice and you morons still cheer for him. He's Demarcus Cousins with tenure.

:lmao Kobe playing an individual sport. You can't put up stats and not win in an individual sport. You also can't take credit for other people's performances.

Good riddance to his career. Time to pull the sheet up over it and burn the box.

Take your ass on then View , this thread is not for you ....

04-14-2016, 11:45 AM

:wow:wow:wow

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/589434/robin-lopez-o.gif

https://ifyouseelights.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/truth-bomb.gif

Clipper Nation
04-14-2016, 12:13 PM
:lmao Killa taking more L's than Kobe as the first option

Killakobe81
04-15-2016, 07:20 AM
:lmao Killa taking more L's than Kobe as the first option

What? Shut your sperm-hole ... you cant take a loss in an appreciation thread ...and what is their to lose? You children are so silly ...

For you, CN ...

Kobe on June 28, 2015: "Friends can come and go, but banners hang forever"

Kobe May 2012: "I don't give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you."

Oh, wait you have no banners to celebrate and probably not many friends ... in Kobe's book you are the ultimate loser.:lol

Obstructed_View
04-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Take your ass on then View , this thread is not for you ....

This thread isn't for any rational basketball fan. The people that should be sad that Kobe's gone are the people who enjoyed watching the Lakers suck and miss the playoffs. Kobe's a modern-day Pistol Pete. Makes teams better by leaving them.

jeebus
04-15-2016, 10:27 AM
Hah, I totally missed Kirby's last game. Oh well. It's like missing your 2nd cousin's kid's soccer game where they don't keep score..where they cheer them on no matter how bad they suck.

Killakobe81
04-15-2016, 05:15 PM
This thread isn't for any rational basketball fan. The people that should be sad that Kobe's gone are the people who enjoyed watching the Lakers suck and miss the playoffs. Kobe's a modern-day Pistol Pete. Makes teams better by leaving them.

I already said move on, i appreciate the "bumps" but i will bump it when i have something to add ...
your shitty ass contributions are not welcome ...:lol

Obstructed_View
04-15-2016, 05:24 PM
I already said move on, i appreciate the "bumps" but i will bump it when i have something to add ...
your shitty ass contributions are not welcome ...:lol

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/kobe-bryant-police-interview?page=0

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.77572.1454179874!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/kobe-bryant.jpg

“First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.”

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.77572.1454179874!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/kobe-bryant.jpg

djohn2oo8
04-15-2016, 05:55 PM
So pretty much no one is sad to see him go...

DMC
04-15-2016, 08:39 PM
OP getting his flange bent over ITT.