PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Prediction: Kobe calls off retirement.

midnightpulp
04-14-2016, 12:54 AM
He won't do it in the next few weeks or month, perhaps sometime in Aug/Sept.

Kobe is addicted to the spotlight and glory, and he just got a HUGE hit tonight.

I just can't see Kobe, or even most professional athletes, wanting to hang it up after the kind of night he had. If he went something like 10-45 and the Lakers lost by 30, then sure. But I think tonight reinvigorates Kobe.

Nick Young will be off the roster, so maybe the Lakers offer Kobe the vet min to come off the bench for next season (if Kobe does reinstate himself).

Koolaid_Man
04-14-2016, 12:59 AM
60 is burning a grand canyon in your corn hole :lol

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 12:59 AM
Not gonna happen. He has nothing left in the tank. And he'd only be coming back to a miserable team in the second place.

StrengthAndHonor
04-14-2016, 01:00 AM
The greats always does it, so it shouldn't be a surprise if Kobe flirts with a comeback.

Spurtacular
Durant wouldn't come if he had to compete with Kobe for touches. The Lakers were giving him signals in the media to leave.

Clipper Nation
:lmao Thinking he'll take the vet's min
:lmao Thinking he'll come off the bench

Kirbs will sign another 48.5 and cripple the Lakers even more - and Fredo will watch him sign the contract from his cuck shed out back. This whole retirement tour was just intended to be a distraction from how even the old legacy media had finally started questioning his "legacy" and calling him a chucker, anyway. He'll be chucking and bricking again next year like nothing ever happened.

midnightpulp
04-14-2016, 01:02 AM
60 is burning a grand canyon in your corn hole :lol

You keep trying to project saltiness on me, but nah.

And I don't know how this thread suggests saltiness? Kobe went out strong, so he might want to give it one more year.

Koolaid_Man
04-14-2016, 01:02 AM
Not gonna happen. He has nothing left in the tank. And he'd only be coming back to a miserable team in the second place.

:thumbsup

Koolaid_Man
04-14-2016, 01:03 AM
You keep trying to project saltiness on me, but nah.

And I don't know how this thread suggests saltiness? Kobe went out strong, so he might want to give it one more year.

Nope he is done

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 01:03 AM

Kirbs will sign another 48.5 and cripple the Lakers even more - and Fredo will watch him sign the contract from his cuck shed out back. This whole retirement tour was just intended to be a distraction from how even the old legacy media had finally started questioning his "legacy" and calling him a chucker, anyway. He'll be chucking and bricking again next year like nothing ever happened.

Kobe helped the Lakers. They were already gonna suck after mortgaging the near term future for Gasol and those two rings. Kobe helped the Lakers to make ridiculous cash on a terrible team while tanking for picks. He did the team a solid by being his selfish self.

midnightpulp
04-14-2016, 01:04 AM

When you're a junkie, you'll take that high priced smack just the same as you'll take that hobo smack. No team would be silly enough to offer anything more than the vet min, so if Kobe wants another "taste," he'll have to take it.

But Mitch and Co. just might retarded enough to pay him 10-12 million.

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 01:05 AM
Going out on 60? It can't get better for him. He knows he can't catch Jordan. Gasol quit before he could :lol

midnightpulp
04-14-2016, 01:06 AM
Nope he is done

I don't know. Kobe is unpredictable, so I wouldn't count it out.

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 01:06 AM
No team would be silly enough to offer anything more than the vet min

I don't think you understand the economics to make such a claim.

Clipper Nation
04-14-2016, 01:08 AM
Kobe helped the Lakers. They were already gonna suck after mortgaging the near term future for Gasol and those two rings. Kobe helped the Lakers to make ridiculous cash on a terrible team while tanking for picks. He did the team a solid by being his selfish self.
:lol How on earth has he helped the Lakers? His ego created this mess in the first place by running off Dwight and MVPau and alienating every free agent. He's also stunted the development of the players they've drafted by hogging the ball, denying them touches, and making Fredo hire his personal hype man as "coach."

Literally the only argument that can be made for Kirbs helping them is the revenue they've made off his last few years. Even then, they'd probably have made as much money putting out a respectable team without his faggot ass.

midnightpulp
04-14-2016, 01:08 AM
Going out on 60? It can't get better for him. He knows he can't catch Jordan. Gasol quit before he could :lol

Jordan went out storybook, and then came back to the Wizards of all teams.

Some pro athletes just can't kick it until their body literally can't do it anymore.

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 01:12 AM
:lol How on earth has he helped the Lakers? His ego created this mess in the first place by running off Dwight and MVPau and alienating every free agent. He's also stunted the development of the players they've drafted by hogging the ball, denying them touches, and making Fredo hire his personal hype man as "coach."

Literally the only argument that can be made for Kirbs helping them is the revenue they've made off his last few years. Even then, they'd probably have made as much money putting out a respectable team without his faggot ass.

Was Dwight and Pau gonna lead the team to more rings? Nay.

Stunted whose development? Randle was shelved and D-Bust sucks.

There's no mess. The rich got richer. Both monetarily and in terms of basketball stock.

I'm on here taking daily shots at Kobe. But I ain't doing some fanboy sh** and acting like this didn't work out well for the Lakers.

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 01:13 AM
Jordan went out storybook, and then came back to the Wizards of all teams.

Some pro athletes just can't kick it until their body literally can't do it anymore.

But the difference is Kobe already looks like Wizards Jordan. He has nothing left in the tank, and he knows it. The perfect example of that is the all star game. That MVP was gift wrapped for him. But he was just a TOSB.

MultiTroll
04-14-2016, 01:19 AM
Vanessa's decision for Kobe to retire may not be final.

Clipper Nation
04-14-2016, 01:22 AM
Was Dwight and Pau gonna lead the team to more rings? Nay.
Probably not, but Kobe has never led the Lakers to a ring and he wasn't about to start now :lol

Stunted whose development? Randle was shelved and D-Bust sucks.
They both do suck at this point, but Kirbs and his pet "coach" haven't even tried to make them any better.

There's no mess. The rich got richer. Both monetarily and in terms of basketball stock.
How so? You just admitted that their "future" (Randle and D'Bust) sucks. They haven't won jack shit the past couple years either. They're still run by two idiot kids who were born on third base and thought they hit a triple, and the basketball decisions are still made by a bartender. Where's this magical improvement in basketball stock?

The only thing Kobe's done is produce revenue for them on his way out. And even then, what has that done for them lately? Free agents are refusing to take their money, no matter how hard they beg, because they've been saddled with the biggest cancer in sports history.

Chris
04-14-2016, 01:26 AM
If he comes back, I think he deserves close to the same amount of money. 1-2 years at 20-24 per. MJ came back, & so will Kobe, but it will be on his terms. Mitch might have to unload some of that fresh talent, but Kobe is worth that when he is giving you 60 points on any given night.

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 01:26 AM
Probably not, but Kobe has never led the Lakers to a ring and he wasn't about to start now :lol

They both do suck at this point, but Kirbs and his pet "coach" haven't even tried to make them any better.

How so? You just admitted that their "future" (Randle and D'Bust) sucks. They haven't won jack shit the past couple years either. They're still run by two idiot kids who were born on third base and thought they hit a triple, and the basketball decisions are still made by a bartender. Where's this magical improvement in basketball stock?

The only thing Kobe's done is produce revenue for them on his way out. And even then, what has that done for them lately? Free agents are refusing to take their money, no matter how hard they beg, because they've been saddled with the biggest cancer in sports history.

They tanked and got a top three pick in all likelihood to go with the cap space vacancy that his leaving creates. Do you think D-Bust or Randall will ever be all-stars? Randall, maybe. But it's good that he wasn't allowed to do hero ball, imo. That's what he would've been doing if Kobe didn't have that torch.

And Kobe produced a sh** load of revenue for which I'm sure the Busses are eternally grateful. Honestly, Kobe got the short end of that stick. $49 mil is chump change compared to what the Busses got.

Clipper Nation
04-14-2016, 01:30 AM
They've tanked the last couple years too. As long as Fredo and Chazz are making the picks, they'll keep busting.

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 01:31 AM
Kobe truly is a TOSB. If he came back it would be as a role player for whomever. We almost certainly know Kobe wouldn't do that.

Koolaid_Man
04-14-2016, 01:31 AM
They've tanked the last couple years too. As long as Fredo and Chazz are making the picks, they'll keep busting.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/The-Salt-Vampire-Title-500x225_zpsrvjeakno.jpg

InRareForm
04-14-2016, 02:18 AM
Lakers probably made 10 times their money from paying kobe his last two years... just look at the the last 2 months of ticket sales for them,

sexinthatsx
04-14-2016, 03:13 AM
I would be ecstatic if Kobe came back for 1 more year and played for a crappy team like the Sixers or something. It'll show just how much Laker fans got played.

spurraider21
04-14-2016, 03:35 AM
no, mid

Mal
04-14-2016, 03:44 AM
I hope so.

whitemamba
04-14-2016, 03:58 AM
lol never, kobes finished in terms of his body, looked like he was going to die out there, his finish tonight is plenty enough.

Kawhitstorm
04-14-2016, 04:21 AM
Vanessa's decision for Kobe to retire may not be final.

Nessa is going to send him out to pick tomatoes when the Lackers can't sign a marquee FA this upcoming summer w/ their gaping crap space.

LkrFan
04-14-2016, 08:29 AM
He won't do it in the next few weeks or month, perhaps sometime in Aug/Sept.

Kobe is addicted to the spotlight and glory, and he just got a HUGE hit tonight.

I just can't see Kobe, or even most professional athletes, wanting to hang it up after the kind of night he had. If he went something like 10-45 and the Lakers lost by 30, then sure. But I think tonight reinvigorates Kobe.

Nick Young will be off the roster, so maybe the Lakers offer Kobe the vet min to come off the bench for next season (if Kobe does reinstate himself).

This is about as likely as Amy calling off The Divorce! after getting paid for her silence. We the people need the goods on why she is divorcing him. :lol

The Reckoning
04-14-2016, 08:40 AM
sure if every team didn't play defense for him like Utah did

TampaDude
04-14-2016, 08:45 AM
Kobe looked SPENT out there...father time catches us all...

Seventyniner
04-14-2016, 09:14 AM
I still think he'll play a season or two with the Sixers.

spursistan
04-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Very unlikely but i wouldn't be surprised..he is going to be fighting the urge to stay relevant (for good or bad)...even a TV gig (hopping on TNT/ESPN studio) wouldn't fit him..dude has zero sense of humor and his seriousness is more of narcissistic/psychopathic variety..

.G.
04-15-2016, 01:51 AM
That was one of the most entertaining games of the season. I actually found myself rooting for dat lil nigga. I won't miss him, though. Nigga's been irrelevant for 6 years now.

Watching the press conference showed me why he was quite the media darling. Nigga gives the writers plenty of material to work with. A circle jerk of sorts.

Heck, he even showed his inner be@ner by catering to the frijolero media.

Now I can't wait to see him fatten up.

whitemamba
04-15-2016, 02:15 PM
this prediction is as good as CP3 being the best closer post Jordan tbh.