PDA

View Full Version : Boban QUALIFIED for he PER leaderboard and finished 3rd

Kawhitstorm
04-14-2016, 04:54 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

Most efficient big man in the league::lol

Meanwhile, Wardell didn't break the PER record:cry (Behind Wilt/Jorn/Bron): http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_yearly.html

spurraider21
04-14-2016, 05:13 AM
Meanwhile, Wardell didn't break the PER record:cry (Behind Wilt/Jorn/Bron): http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_yearly.html
LOL he didn't have the best statistical season of all time, what a loser :rolleyes

Spurs9
04-14-2016, 08:24 AM
:wow Firsttake is always talking about PER for players. Can't believe hes #3 :lol

cutewizard
04-14-2016, 08:27 AM
bobanizerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RD2191
04-14-2016, 08:43 AM
LOL he didn't have the best statistical season of all time, what a loser :rolleyes
fuck outta here faggot. Why dont u and cry faggot go blow each other in a dubs forum?

bigfan
04-14-2016, 08:52 AM
We all know that 9 minutes per game is going to need to come up to make it worthwhile (and a bit more legit) but that said good on the guy and I hope we bring him back next year.

SpursFan86
04-14-2016, 08:56 AM
We all know that 9 minutes per game is going to need to come up to make it worthwhile (and a bit more legit) but that said good on the guy and I hope we bring him back next year.

Obviously lack of minutes is a contributing factor, but even if you only look at games where he's played 15+ minutes, he's been extremely productive:

http://bkref.com/tiny/oBwkS

I really hope we can manage to keep him after this season. He's definitely proven he can contribute in the NBA.

hater
04-14-2016, 09:43 AM
He's fucking great. It would be disgusting if Pop doesn't use him in playoffs tbh.

I already called this back in December I believe. He's our best big man.

Russo21
04-14-2016, 11:04 AM
On his way to being GOAT :hungry:Seriously, a nice talent and a great bloke. I hope we can keep him. Go Boban!

04-14-2016, 11:10 AM
:toast

spursistan
04-14-2016, 11:11 AM
Pop is in a fuckin conundrum as far as his inactive players list...even Simmons has shown flashes the past couple of weeks..i think Bonner should be a lock to be in street clothes..have Boban active for the OKC series..

SPURt
04-14-2016, 11:15 AM
good for Boban! For a guy 7'3 I can't think of anyone outside of Yao that could shoot free throws and mid range jumpers with the touch of Boban. Really not a bad rookie season, especially considering he is a Spur's rookie. I just wish he was better at positioning on defense. He gets lost too easily and doesn't have the speed or athleticism to make up for mental mistakes. On offense, it's hard to complain about him considering his rookie status.

SPURt
04-14-2016, 11:17 AM
I didn't realize he played in 54 games. It feels so much more infrequent than that number.

UZER
04-14-2016, 11:26 AM
He's fucking great. It would be disgusting if Pop doesn't use him in playoffs tbh.

These playoffs aren't for Boban

- Pop

Snaq O'Meal
04-14-2016, 11:34 AM
good for Boban! For a guy 7'3 I can't think of anyone outside of Yao that could shoot free throws and mid range jumpers with the touch of Boban.

Don't forget that guy in New York.

SPURt
04-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Don't forget that guy in New York.
That's true! I totally forgot! I wonder what type of season Prozingis would have had being a Spurs rookie?

SASdynasty!
04-14-2016, 11:56 AM
Lol, and you guys still use advanced stats on this board.

Mister Sinister
04-14-2016, 12:08 PM
#FreeBoban

Brazil
04-14-2016, 12:16 PM
his stats per 36 are ridiculous tbh... 21 pts, 14 rebounds at .600 FG%, .662 TS%, per 100 its even more mind blowing :lol quite normal his PER is crazy good... dat ws per 48 and net rating (130 Orating and 96 Drating :lol) are also great

We have the new Hakeem in our hands :lol

Seriously, if he can stay healthy he has a great potential.... He is not the kind of player you can play 36 mpg imo but at 20-25 off the bench we could an advanced metrics freak

Kawhitstorm
04-14-2016, 12:57 PM
:wow Firsttake is always talking about PER for players. Can't believe hes #3 :lol

Bitchin' Strauss & ESPN NBA FagDown were waxing poetic about how Wardell is having a better season than PEAK Jordan based on his PER. Well, that blew up in their face.:lol

Kawhitstorm
04-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Seriously, if he can stay healthy he has a great potential.... He is not the kind of player you can play 36 mpg imo but at 20-25 off the bench we could an advanced metrics freak

I'm afraid someone might give him an Anus Kanter type contract. The Rockets are going to be looking for a center & they gave Lin a 15 mill contract.:lol

spursistan
04-14-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm afraid someone might give him an Anus Kanter type contract. The Rockets are going to be looking for a center & they gave Lin a 15 mill contract.:lol
the Mavericks too..Cuban loves Spurs retreads and Boban might be better now than all former Spurs he signed.. :lol

jag
04-14-2016, 01:11 PM

6th greatest player in Spurs history tbh

Duncan
Robinson
Parker
Iceman
Kawhi
Boban
Manu

NameLess Scrub
04-14-2016, 01:23 PM
That's pretty awesome.

If the Spurs blow up the opposition by 20 at the end of the 3rd quarter, he can definitely help extend the lead to 25-30.

Kawhitstorm
04-14-2016, 01:41 PM
the Mavericks too..Cuban loves Spurs retreads and Boban might be better now than all former Spurs he signed.. :lol

They are supposedly going to offer Dwight a max so they can FINALLY make their dream dynamic duo come to fruition: Dwight/D-Will.:lol

Brazil
04-14-2016, 01:46 PM

:lol Anus Kanter contract is outrageous imho... look also mavs throwing that for Boban

dat advanced metrics tho... dude logged a 24 PER... It must exist a criteria into PER calculation, something like if you play Center off the bench your PER is guarantee at 20

peacemaker885
04-14-2016, 02:07 PM

Under Rick Carlisle, Boban would definitely develop. Mavs have a great system in place, together with Portland and Memphis. Pop knows this for sure so lets hope the front office is doing their homework.

Kawhitstorm
04-14-2016, 02:20 PM
Under Rick Carlisle, Boban would definitely develop. Mavs have a great system in place, together with Portland and Memphis. Pop knows this for sure so lets hope the front office is doing their homework.

They already have Mejri or whatever that Middle-Eastern terrorist is named.:wakeup

freetiago
04-14-2016, 02:40 PM
Boban can be a weapon off the bench to dominate the midgets other teams are treading out. I've said since before the season started they should have went with a bench frontline of Boris/West/Boban. Fathead is still a homeless Boris after his improvement this season.

SAGirl
04-14-2016, 03:23 PM
I didn't realize he played in 54 games. It feels so much more infrequent than that number.
Because a lot of them were garbage time minutes. If we were to really look at games he was in the rotation, playing while the game is still being decided, I bet it's about half that many games, which is probably why it feels to us like Pop didn't use him that much.

Spurs9
04-14-2016, 03:25 PM
Im mostly amazed at how well he runs the court, and can actually hit free throws. Cousins and howard have been in the leauge for a while and still cant grasp how to be consistant with free throws.

wildbill2u
04-14-2016, 06:14 PM
Boban needs to develop some "mean" and get stronger. He's letting some of the more savvy centers push him around or get position on him. He ought to be looking at Shaq films. I hope his wandering around lost sometimes will decrease as he learns the system. But for a rookie, Pop is giving him a lot more minutes than some veterans the Spurs have brought in over the years.

I kinda wanted to see him against Bogut more.

SAGirl
04-14-2016, 06:41 PM
Boban needs to develop some "mean" and get stronger. He's letting some of the more savvy centers push him around or get position on him. He ought to be looking at Shaq films. I hope his wandering around lost sometimes will decrease as he learns the system. But for a rookie, Pop is giving him a lot more minutes than some veterans the Spurs have brought in over the years.

I kinda wanted to see him against Bogut more.
He was a rookie this season and it's somewhat expected the physicality would be unexpected. He got better toward the end of the season. With more experience, be should gain more confidence. He's gained defensive awareness too. He was very lost earlier in the season.

xellos88330
04-15-2016, 10:04 AM
I think Boban could be a great center for us. I hope we lock him up long term here.

NASpurs
04-15-2016, 11:08 AM
Giving a long-term contract to guys like Boban makes me wary. Sure the guy is good but big guys like him just don't physically hold up and he's 27. Maybe he's an anomaly but he carries a risk. The thing he has going for him is that he's in great condition.