PDA

View Full Version : looks like kawhi is getting first team accolades...

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 11:01 AM
Durant getting cucked by Westbrook :lol

I thought KD has easily been the third most valuable player behind kawhi and Curry, imo. Paul and James tied at 4th.

First Spur to get first team honours since TD.

:claw

Russo21
04-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Where'd you hear that? I really hope he makes it

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Where'd you hear that? I really hope he makes it

90% of the ballots ive seen and heard so far has durant as a second team. It makes sense because they didnt want to award two okc guys for first team with 54 wins.

spursistan
04-14-2016, 11:09 AM
source? or general impression from published sample votes..

SpursFan86
04-14-2016, 11:11 AM
I actually think LeBron has clearly been the #2 guy this year, and Kawhi/KD is a toss-up for the 3rd/4th best players. Then CP3/Westbrook are the next 2 guys.

Regardless, hopefully you're right. Would be great to see Kawhi get All-NBA 1st team along with DPOY :toast

SPURt
04-14-2016, 11:27 AM
I actually think LeBron has clearly been the #2 guy this year, and Kawhi/KD is a toss-up for the 3rd/4th best players. Then CP3/Westbrook are the next 2 guys.

Regardless, hopefully you're right. Would be great to see Kawhi get All-NBA 1st team along with DPOY :toast
I haven't seen many people giving Kawhi the DPOY. Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe are two that come to mind. They are "rewarding" the Warriors for a great season. Which will look pretty sad if the Warriors don't ring.

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 11:27 AM
source? or general impression from published sample votes..

General impressions from guys with official ballots.

Hes got a better shot at first team than dpoy this year...seems like it. Still a decent shot of getting both.

Lebron is getting 2nd in MVP.

Russo21
04-14-2016, 11:48 AM
90% of the ballots ive seen and heard so far has durant as a second team. It makes sense because they didnt want to award two okc guys for first team with 54 wins.
That's awesome, he deserves it. What is the format for All-NBA these days anyway? 1 x Centre, 2 x Forwards, 2 x Guards? Or just 3 frontcourt and 2 backcourt? With the way the game has changed I think they should take away the C and just have it has 3 frontcourt guys and 2 backcourt guys. Maybe it already is, I dunno.

jhfenton
04-14-2016, 12:02 PM
That's awesome, he deserves it. What is the format for All-NBA these days anyway? 1 x Centre, 2 x Forwards, 2 x Guards? Or just 3 frontcourt and 2 backcourt? With the way the game has changed I think they should take away the C and just have it has 3 frontcourt guys and 2 backcourt guys. Maybe it already is, I dunno.

Yep. 2G, 2F, 1C. But the league has said that Draymond Green is eligible at F and C, so he'll get a few votes at C. Although most ballots I've seen have Cousins.

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 12:04 PM
Yep. 2G, 2F, 1C. But the league has said that Draymond Green is eligible at F and C, so he'll get a few votes at C. Although most ballots I've seen have Cousins.

I wonder if green c votes will affect his forward spot for 2nd team..

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 12:05 PM
I know Kawhi had Guard votes last year and got a total of 155 12th most...i dont know if those guatd votes ruined his all nba third team.

BillMc
04-14-2016, 12:07 PM
The Washington Post even makes a big deal about Kawhi and LeBron pushing Durant to 2nd team. :lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/04/11/kevin-durant-doesnt-quite-deserve-a-spot-on-all-nba-first-team/