PDA

View Full Version : Brett Brown

Godbama
04-14-2016, 02:27 PM
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/04/14/50-50-brett-brown-76ers-coach/

If there really is a 50-50 chance the Sixers double down on their recent organizational stupidity/nepotism and actually fire Brett, do ya'll think it's possible he might pull a Borrego and be swallowed back into the Spurs fam maybe as a potential Pop heir after Pop lasts his promised extra seasons on account of LMA? I'd like him over Ime or Messina (no diss to Becky she's just more recent so I'm gonna need more time to form an opinion on her coaching abilities) and Sean Marks might poach one of those dudes to coach the Nets anyway.
I guess the difference with Borrego is that I assume he didn't have a lot of other preferable job offers and it's way more likely someone will be smart enough to offer BB their head coach vacancy, especially considering how many we're going to have. I'd love to have him back in the crew though. :toast

houston spurs fan
04-14-2016, 02:32 PM
He would be paroled if they fired him...give him a chance to go work in a good organization. They'll probably bring in some Colangelo retread like D'antoni

SpursforSix
04-14-2016, 02:34 PM
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/04/14/50-50-brett-brown-76ers-coach/

If there really is a 50-50 chance the Sixers double down on their recent organizational stupidity/nepotism and actually fire Brett, do ya'll think it's possible he might pull a Borrego and be swallowed back into the Spurs fam maybe as a potential Pop heir after Pop lasts his promised extra seasons on account of LMA? I'd like him over Ime or Messina (no diss to Becky she's just more recent so I'm gonna need more time to form an opinion on her coaching abilities) and Sean Marks might poach one of those dudes to coach the Nets anyway.
I guess the difference with Borrego is that I assume he didn't have a lot of other preferable job offers and it's way more likely someone will be smart enough to offer BB their head coach vacancy, especially considering how many we're going to have. I'd love to have him back in the crew though. :toast

Spurs could use Udoka in a uniform for these playoffs.

BillMc
04-14-2016, 02:35 PM
It amazes me that Mike D'Antoni still gets gigs after the debacles of his Knicks and Lakers tenures.

NameLess Scrub
04-14-2016, 02:37 PM
I don't know.. pulling a borrego could be hard work depending on its weight and willingness to be pulled.

spursistan
04-14-2016, 02:47 PM
If Messina get the Nets job, i could see Pop bringing him back to Spurs bench...Dude looks like he is going to get David Blatt-ed soon..

Dex
04-14-2016, 02:52 PM
It amazes me that Mike D'Antoni still gets gigs after the debacles of his Knicks and Lakers tenures.

Has there ever been a coach who was as dependent on a single player to run his system as Pringles was on Nash?

tmtcsc
04-14-2016, 02:55 PM
What was Brown's specialty here?

GSH
04-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Maybe the Nets should just hire Brett Brown, and save everybody a lot of confusion.

BillMc
04-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Has there ever been a coach who was as dependent on a single player to run his system as Pringles was on Nash?

:tu

Definitely the years when those Phoenix teams won a lot of games (but never made the Finals) were the apex of both Nash and Pringles's careers. Pringles seems stuck in the past trying to re-create that team rather than using aspects of the 7-second or less offense in the modern game as the "Beautiful Game" Spurs did and the Warriors are now doing.