PDA

View Full Version : Parker finishes the season #2 behind Curry among all guards in FG%

SASdynasty!
04-14-2016, 06:23 PM
Although Parker was shooting better from the field most of the season, Curry edged him at the end for best FG% among all qualifying PGs & SGs. Tough season for Parker to finish on top, we'll see if he can keep the edge next year.

For Curry, this was a consolate redemption from Parker outplaying him in the playoffs last time they met. Curry may have a chance to redeem that or even match Parker in FMVPs if Curry has a stronger showing in the Finals this year (if he makes it).

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 06:24 PM
Parker is not even a top 100 player in the league anymore.

SAGirl
04-14-2016, 06:30 PM
I am hoping Tony has a good postseason. :flag:

K...
04-14-2016, 06:34 PM

i'll wait while you type out the 100 better players....i'll spot the first: Leonard

TheGreatYacht
04-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Best scorer on the team, and then LMA

SASdynasty!
04-14-2016, 06:40 PM
Finished #4 PG in the West in All-Star voting this season.

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 06:41 PM
All star :lmao

SASdynasty!
04-14-2016, 06:43 PM
100 players :lmao

I think I might know why you're not a fan of the All-Star process btw

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Tp is not even a top 25 pg

SASdynasty!
04-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Tp is not even a top 25 pg
This from the same guy saying Parker wasn't a top 5 PG in 2013.

Spurs9
04-14-2016, 06:50 PM
Had no idea :wow

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 06:51 PM
This from the same guy saying Parker wasn't a top 5 PG in 2013.

He wasnt. Top 15 maybe

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 06:51 PM
This has been kawhis team since 13..

TheGreatYacht
04-14-2016, 06:53 PM
Kiwi :lmao

That role player hasn't even played good for a FULL series rofl

SASdynasty!
04-14-2016, 06:56 PM
He wasnt. Top 15 maybe
Hahahahaha

NameLess Scrub
04-14-2016, 06:56 PM
This exchange is so fresh in this board.

SASdynasty!
04-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Had no idea :wow
Sadly, you would have thought Parker shot bad this year according to this board.

slick'81
04-14-2016, 07:10 PM
But he sucks so who care right ?

in2deep
04-14-2016, 07:18 PM
MVP. we go as far he decides to takes us

Clipper Nation
04-14-2016, 07:25 PM
Parker has never been a top 100 player in the league.

FIFY

SASdynasty!
04-14-2016, 07:30 PM
Parker has never been a top 100 player in the league.
Led MVP race in 2013 before injury.
Finished 6th in MVP voting twice.
Finished 12th in MVP voting two other times.

MultiTroll
04-14-2016, 07:36 PM
Perspective: Kirby Bryant leading vote getter.

lefty
04-14-2016, 07:37 PM
awesome statistic

Will come in handy during the playoffs

Arcadian
04-14-2016, 07:38 PM
I want to help defend you TC, but dont ever site all star voting for anything again...k thx...

apalisoc_9
04-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Led MVP race in 2013 before injury.
Finished 6th in MVP voting twice.
Finished 12th in MVP voting two other times.

:lmao

LongtimeSpursFan
04-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Best PG in franchise history. We're going to miss him when he's gone and we're forced to see Patty Mills or Cory Joseph like players lead this team.

SASdynasty!
04-14-2016, 07:46 PM
awesome statistic

Nice deflection.

SASdynasty!
04-14-2016, 07:47 PM
I want to help defend you TC, but dont ever site all star voting for anything again...k thx...
Stats didn't work...just trying to appeal on every level. All stars are generally the best players in the league. An exception or two each year, but mostly accurate.

lefty
04-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Nice deflection.

Deflecting

DenialTwist
04-14-2016, 08:39 PM
Look where Parker finished in PER, RPM and DRPM. Yikes

houston spurs fan
04-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Like Tony Parker or not, every true Spurs fan here knows if we have are going to have any shot to win the title TP is going to need to play like he did in the first half of the season.... I hope he's been coasting and flips the switch over the next few weeks...

Kawhitstorm
04-14-2016, 09:20 PM
Andre Miller is shooting better by a MILE:wakeup

ElNono
04-14-2016, 09:45 PM
Like Tony Parker or not, every true Spurs fan here knows if we have are going to have any shot to win the title TP is going to need to play like he did in the first half of the season.... I hope he's been coasting and flips the switch over the next few weeks...

I want him to do well, I just think he's shot... We all want November Parker...

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 09:56 PM
i'll wait while you type out the 100 better players....i'll spot the first: Leonard

Spurtacular
04-14-2016, 09:58 PM

You're not a top 100 poster. Some STFU is in order; has been.

itsamanuthree
04-14-2016, 09:59 PM
LOL at All Star. You mean, like Kobe?

Still, if we want to win this, we need Parker to keep on contributing as the role player he now is. So let's hope he doesn't piss the bed these playoffs or sabotages the team during what's likely to be the last year of two of the most unselfish, intelligent and talented players to ever play this game.

Rob123
04-14-2016, 10:20 PM

You are seriously fucking retarded.

houston spurs fan
04-14-2016, 11:06 PM
I want him to do well, I just think he's shot... We all want November Parker...
I kind of think so too...34 now, too many miles. Hoping he resurges

tmtcsc
04-14-2016, 11:17 PM
Best PG in franchise history. We're going to miss him when he's gone and we're forced to see Patty Mills or Cory Joseph like players lead this team.

Shit, I miss him already and he's still on the team. That's how ordinary he's been. What makes you think TP will be back-filled with a reserve caliber player? Mike Conley would make a nice replacement.

ElNono
04-14-2016, 11:20 PM
Shit, I miss him already and he's still on the team. That's how ordinary he's been. What makes you think TP will be back-filled with a reserve caliber player? Mike Conley would make a nice replacement.

yep

dabom
04-14-2016, 11:21 PM
I've always liked MConley. We would sure as hell get a 3peat with him as our starting PG.

SouthernFried
04-14-2016, 11:24 PM
Shows how stats can be misleading. Everyone knows Parker has been playing like crap the last half of the season, but was playing great the first half. You can have 100% field goal percentage if you go 2-2 and have 4 points for the game.

That being said, we need Parker to step up in Playoffs. We all know he can do it. The question is...will he?

J_Paco
04-15-2016, 01:09 AM

He may not be a starting caliber PG anymore, but to suggest he isn't still capable of being a rotation player on nearly every team is moronic. He still can have flashbacks of his former self they are just a lot more infrequent these days.

J_Paco
04-15-2016, 01:18 AM

yep

Mike Conley is undersized and is already beginning to show signs of decline, yet he is only in his late 20's and hasn't piled up nearly the amount of mileage Parker has. The Spurs need to find a solid prospect in the next two years that Tony can mentor while he (Parker) is coming off the bench.

For now, I just want him to be smart with the ball, compete on defense and score at a rate/efficiency level of November, December and January. I don't think he has enough left in the tank to accomplish all three, unfortunately.

dabom
04-15-2016, 01:23 AM
Mike Conley is undersized and is already beginning to decline, yet he's in his late 20's now. The Spurs need to find a solid prospect in the next two years that Tony can mentor while coming off the bench.

For now, I just want him to be smart with the ball, compete on defense and score at a rate/efficiency level of November, December and January. I don't think he has enough left in the tank to accomplish all three, unfortunately.

This isn't a rebuilding team. If you can get him, you get the talent.

J_Paco
04-15-2016, 01:35 AM
This isn't a rebuilding team. If you can get him, you get the talent.

No one said anything about rebuilding, but a fading Mike Conley isn't the solution to what we need at PG. We need size (which he lacks), ability to penetrate, athleticism and most importantly youth. We need to steal someone with upside from a team overloaded with PG's or find a young prospect they can bring along while Parker and Mills are still around.

dabom
04-15-2016, 01:37 AM
No one said anything about rebuilding, but a fading Mike Conley isn't the solution to what we need at PG. We need size (which he lacks), ability to penetrate, athleticism and most importantly youth. We need to steal someone with upside from a team overloaded with PG's or find a young prospect they can bring along while Parker and Mills are still around.
:dizzy

J_Paco
04-15-2016, 01:45 AM
:dizzy

Idiot, look at Mike's statline and you see it is headed progressively downward after he peaked three seasons ago. He isn't very efficient, lacks size for his position (which will be more of an issue as he ages further) and his defense is already beginning to slip (career high 2.2 SPG in '11- '12 & '12-'13 to just 1.2 SPG this year) where he isn't the ballhawk of the past. Plus, he's been hit by more and more serious injuries the last few seasons, but no let's opine for a player past his peak that would only be a stop gap and not the long term solution because that has worked out in the past (i.e. Richard Jefferson's Spurs tenure).

dabom
04-15-2016, 01:51 AM
Could have sworn you were talking about parker.

J_Paco
04-15-2016, 02:03 AM
Could have sworn you were talking about parker.

Your little quip is cute, but Parker has had more than a few high caliber seasons under his belt, while Mike peaked in his mid 20's and is now fading. Parker peaked probably in '08 or '10 but was still capable of playing at or near an elite level for three more season. Unfortunately, mileage, injuries with added wear & tear has robbed him of a lot of what made him great. Doesn't mean he can't still play and contribute. He just needs a younger guy in front of him learning, playing and soaking up the heavier minutes can't play anymore. Much like Manu has transitioned into doing the last 6 or 7 years.

will_spurs
04-15-2016, 02:44 AM
Puts a nice spin on FKLa's preseason thread claiming Parker's FG% would be shit this year :lol

MI21
04-15-2016, 03:06 AM
Spurfan really loves Mike Conley don't they? :lol

kaji157
04-15-2016, 06:34 AM

I think considering how this team plays we would need a Dereck Fisher kind of PG, and the most similar in the league right now is George Hill.

04-15-2016, 07:27 AM
He averaged less than 10 shots a game for the first time since his rookie season.

SASdynasty!
04-15-2016, 09:26 AM
He averaged less than 10 shots a game for the first time since his rookie season.
Which is what everyone here wanted him to do. And he did it on really good shooting (only guy in front of him had the best shooting season of all time).

apalisoc_9
04-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Still shoots 5 times more than he should and plays 20 minutes more than he should

wildbill2u
04-15-2016, 09:44 AM
Parker hasn't scored nearly as much this year because he is trying, really trying, to give LMA and Kwahi the leading role in the offense. Time and again, I've seen him pass up shots (especially when in position for the floater) to pass out to his teammates to give them the opportunity. On the other hand, when its late in the game and we are behind or with a small lead, Parker has been very good on scoring in clutch time.

I know the anti-Parker crowd will have a hard time giving him any props, but dammit we will go nowhere in the playoffs without his contribution in running the offense and scoring. You need three scorers. LMA and Kwahi are two. But there is nobody else this season who is a proven and experienced scorer. I say let's pray that all of THIS big three--LMA, Kwahi, and Parker--go for 20+ ppg and we can win this championship.

Clipper Nation
04-15-2016, 09:47 AM
That's 10 shots too many, tbh.

wildbill2u
04-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Shows how stats can be misleading. Everyone knows Parker has been playing like crap the last half of the season, but was playing great the first half. You can have 100% field goal percentage if you go 2-2 and have 4 points for the game.

That being said, we need Parker to step up in Playoffs. We all know he can do it. The question is...will he?

Parker gets criticized when some fans think he shoots too much. Now you are criticizing because the stat is because he shoots less. Everyone should be aware--but some obviously aren't paying attention--that Parker's role this year was to gracefully give up the #1 scoring option in favor of LMA and Kwahi. If you think about it, he was still scoring a lot early on this season, because the other guys were still perfecting their new role as leaders of the offense. Then he began taking fewer shots, sometimes giving up wide open shots he could make (floaters) and passing to one of the other Big Twos. It took a lot of character for Parker to begin to give up his #1 scoring option status. And if you notice, when the team is stagnant in the 4th or behind, he has cranked up his scoring and often brought the team to a win along with the other two guys.

Nobody else has shown this year that they can be relied on as a good scoring option. I also hope his leadership will extend to the playoffs and he will step up his scoring to the level it was early in the year.

EVAY
04-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Parker gets criticized when some fans think he shoots too much. Now you are criticizing because the stat is because he shoots less. Everyone should be aware--but some obviously aren't paying attention--that Parker's role this year was to gracefully give up the #1 scoring option in favor of LMA and Kwahi. If you think about it, he was still scoring a lot early on this season, because the other guys were still perfecting their new role as leaders of the offense. Then he began taking fewer shots, sometimes giving up wide open shots he could make (floaters) and passing to one of the other Big Twos. It took a lot of character for Parker to begin to give up his #1 scoring option status. And if you notice, when the team is stagnant in the 4th or behind, he has cranked up his scoring and often brought the team to a win along with the other two guys.

Nobody else has shown this year that they can be relied on as a good scoring option. I also hope his leadership will extend to the playoffs and he will step up his scoring to the level it was early in the year.

This.

04-15-2016, 10:57 AM

I wasn't criticizing him, I was stating a fact.

I even agree with what you said in this quote.

I threw it out there since I knew there would be differing opinions on it.

SASdynasty!
04-15-2016, 01:52 PM
That's 10 shots too many, tbh.
It's not even 10 shots, tbh.

SASdynasty!
04-15-2016, 01:54 PM

Good take, agree completely.

spurraider21
04-15-2016, 02:03 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256683

:wow..

apalisoc_9
04-15-2016, 02:08 PM
Good take, agree completely.

Ofcourse you do parker stan.

Parker is the worst starter in the team. The weak link.

ElNono
04-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Mike Conley is undersized and is already beginning to show signs of decline, yet he is only in his late 20's and hasn't piled up nearly the amount of mileage Parker has. The Spurs need to find a solid prospect in the next two years that Tony can mentor while he (Parker) is coming off the bench.

Don't have time to take on a rook and "mentor" him... LMA is 30, he probably only has the next 2-3 years at peak value, you want to bring a seasoned player that's been through some battles, and Mike Conley is that kind of guy.

Plus Mike is an unselfish guy and not a headcase, he would be a solid fit on the Spurs setting the tempo and running the offense.

K...
04-15-2016, 04:06 PM
Ofcourse you do parker stan.

Parker is the worst starter in the team. The weak link.

Didn't know you were a Danny Stan tbh. Disgusting.

gambit1990
04-15-2016, 05:11 PM
awesome statistic

:lol

Look where Parker finished in PER, RPM and DRPM. Yikes
finished the season #22 in assists...

Best scorer on the team, and then LMA
for the '15-'16 season kawhi scored 32.8 per 100 possesions. which is even better than curry at kawhi's age. so try again bitch.

SASdynasty!
04-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Don't have time to take on a rook and "mentor" him... LMA is 30, he probably only has the next 2-3 years at peak value, you want to bring a seasoned player that's been through some battles, and Mike Conley is that kind of guy.

Plus Mike is an unselfish guy and not a headcase, he would be a solid fit on the Spurs setting the tempo and running the offense.
Are we talking about the same Mike Conley that's been in the league for 9 years, had a stacked team and never so much as won a game in the Conference Finals?

DarrinS
04-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Are we talking about the same Mike Conley that's been in the league for 9 years on a stacked team and never so much as won a game in the Conference Finals?

SASdynasty!
04-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay, Tony Allen, Tayshawn Prince, etc, etc, etc. How many All-Stars / 1st team defenders does this guy need to make a deep playoff run?

(And those guys were all on the same team)

dabom
04-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay, Tony Allen, Tayshawn Prince, etc, etc, etc. How many All-Stars / 1st team defenders does this guy need to make a deep playoff run?

(And those guys were all on the same team)

Are you a fucking retard? :lmao

Obstructed_View
04-15-2016, 05:54 PM
So if Tony has a lot left in the tank and he's just been saving his health for the playoffs, do we figure he opens it up in the second round?

SupremeGuy
04-15-2016, 06:23 PM
Are we talking about the same Mike Conley that's been in the league for 9 years, had a stacked team and never so much as won a game in the Conference Finals?Go home faggot, you're drunk.

SASdynasty!
04-15-2016, 08:57 PM
Are you a fucking retard? :lmao
Nope, same with Chris Paul. Stacked team, no playoff success.

SouthernFried
04-16-2016, 12:27 AM

Everyone's problem with Parker ain't so much him not scoring...but, that when he's not scoring, he does absolutely nothing else. He can only do one thing, and that's score. When he's not doing that, he's pretty much of no use to the team. If POP has told him not to score to bring along LMA and Kawhi (which I can see as a possibility,) will POP change that in the Playoffs? "OK, Tony...you can score again now?" Has Tony sucked in the 2nd half of the season cuz POP told him to suck? Or something else? To me, what Tony does in the playoffs is perhaps the major key in our success/failure in the playoffs. Because, again...if Tony is not scoring, he does nothing to help the team. And will be a huge liability...possibly costing the Spurs any chance of success in the playoffs.

How many title contenders have had both their starting guards...not being able to score? What happens in our back court will determine how far we go...or not.

J_Paco
04-16-2016, 02:02 AM

Excuse me, but didn't Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard come in early on in their development and contribute to a competitive (and stil winning) organization? Now, they are both likely HOF level talents, so expect other prospects to do the same could be or possibly would be foolhardy.

Yet, I give Pop, his incredible coaching staff and the front office the benefit that they could strike gold again for a third time. They just have a knack for cultivating talent beyond where other organizations would, IMO.

They also still have two solid, serviceable veterans under contract in Parker and Mills, so the youngster wouldn't be immediately thrust into the starting role. We need a dynamic guard that can do a lot of what a "prime" Parker was capable of and Conley doesn't necessarily bring those skills/tools.

rastaspur
04-16-2016, 06:36 AM
Op finishes second behind tonys wife in sucking off porker. Congrats to op. This obsession of porker is cult like. Tony is on a downward spiral like Jim jones. Drink some poisoned kool-aid and put yourself out of misery

SASdynasty!
04-16-2016, 06:50 AM
Op finishes second behind tonys wife in sucking off porker. Congrats to op. This obsession of porker is cult like. Tony is on a downward spiral like Jim jones. Drink some poisoned kool-aid and put yourself out of misery
Hey, if finishing #2 among all guards (PGs & SGs) is considered a downward spiral, then Tony was much better than even I gave him credit for. You guys are the ones propping him up so high if you're saying that this was a bad shooting season for him.