PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: The Warriors' 73-9 record is not impressive

SpursDynasty
04-14-2016, 09:26 PM
The Spurs went 67-15 playing casual ball and resting starters all year. The Warriors did not rest any starters all season, and had to wear themselves out to get to only six games better at 73-9.

The Spurs achieved a 67-15 record allowing 92.9 points per game, 1st in the league. Golden State allowed 104 points per game, 19th in the league and that's 10 more points allowed per game than the Spurs.

Over the course of 82 games, the Spurs held the Warriors to their lowest scoring game of the season at 79 points, and then held them to their fourth-lowest scoring game of the season at 92. The Spurs know how to control the tempo of the game vs. the Warriors. The rest of the league does not.

GS is 4th best at FG% defense, yet still allows 104 points per game. What does that say? They get all other teams to let the game become a run and gun jump shooting contest. What Stephen Curry did this year, Jeremy Lin has done before. It's a couple of buckets here and there, nothing more.

They can't do the same vs. the Spurs.

I predict the Spurs in six in the WCF's.

K...
04-14-2016, 10:05 PM
it's kind of impressive. A championship would make it impressive.

There we go, there's all the opinions on the subject.

AlexJones
04-14-2016, 10:05 PM
Hmm I wonder if there's such a thing called pace

Reck
04-14-2016, 10:10 PM
More than impressive.

But there's a next step to it. If they dont go on to win the championship, they will be the laughing stock of the NBA for years to come.

AlexJones
04-14-2016, 10:27 PM
^would definitely be the 18-1 Patriots of the NBA

Molotov
04-14-2016, 10:33 PM
It's not that impressive, against :lol today's, low talent, mass tanking NBA.

phyzik
04-14-2016, 10:39 PM
the league (both east and west) was pretty weak t his year... It definitely says something when the top 4 teams in the west are set to sweep the bottom 4 or win in 5, and the East is pretty much just the Cavs and thats it.

Dubs have to win it all to make that 73-9 relevant.

whitemamba
04-15-2016, 02:15 PM
:lol OP , If the spurs had the record it would be a shit show here.

I. Hustle
04-15-2016, 02:31 PM
Not impressive?! Dude, I have on my Silver colored glasses too but you have to respect a team that beat a record nobody thought would ever be broken. You are being delusional if you think it's not impressive.

K...
04-15-2016, 02:38 PM

But our 50 win multi year streak? That's pretty great, right Lakers fan?

K...
04-15-2016, 02:41 PM
The real reason no one gives a shit is that's it was inevitable. Loads of hype earlier in the season. But it frankly got boring.

DMC
04-15-2016, 03:34 PM
The Spurs went 67-15 playing casual ball and resting starters all year. The Warriors did not rest any starters all season, and had to wear themselves out to get to only six games better at 73-9.

This is precisely the reason it is impressive. When you play every game like it matters, that's more impressive than resting guys if you could win more games. All else is speculation. They didn't rest against Golden State and proceeded to lose all but one.

The Spurs achieved a 67-15 record allowing 92.9 points per game, 1st in the league. Golden State allowed 104 points per game, 19th in the league and that's 10 more points allowed per game than the Spurs.

Doesn't matter. The game is decided by having more points than your opponent. A win is win.

Over the course of 82 games, the Spurs held the Warriors to their lowest scoring game of the season at 79 points, and then held them to their fourth-lowest scoring game of the season at 92. The Spurs know how to control the tempo of the game vs. the Warriors. The rest of the league does not.

And still lost to them except when GS had 3 people out including their starting center and their 6th man/FMVP AI.

GS is 4th best at FG% defense, yet still allows 104 points per game. What does that say? They get all other teams to let the game become a run and gun jump shooting contest. What Stephen Curry did this year, Jeremy Lin has done before. It's a couple of buckets here and there, nothing more.

It says they are good enough on offense that they don't need that many stops. When you miss most of your shots, you better get stops. GS focuses on playing solid defense but their offense is off the charts good.

They beat them to get 72, at home, giving the Spurs their only home loss. You might want to recalibrate that troll.

If you had a name I'd bet you on it.

DMC
04-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Pop would have sat guys once he couldn't be caught, record be damned.

Caltex2
04-15-2016, 04:00 PM
Not impressive at all. They should have won all of their games by 15 and gone 105-0 including the preseason and postseason (no I'm not Googling to get an exact number). They're basically a great jump shooting D-League team. Breaking a record means jack.

whitemamba
04-15-2016, 04:47 PM
Pop would have sat guys once he couldn't be caught, record be damned.

bull shit, if they had the chance to break it , they would of gone for it. I mean Jimbo probably wouldnt of been playing, but when i saw how fired up popovich was during the warriors game, it was obvious. If he cant have the record, he wanted to break it.

whitemamba
04-15-2016, 04:48 PM
But our 50 win multi year streak? That's pretty great, right Lakers fan?

thats actually very impressive imho, whats not impressive is the failure to repeat aih spurfan?

TDMVPDPOY
04-15-2016, 09:42 PM
lets see...chicago cows played in expansion area, still weak ass talent all around t he league

or

gsw playing in a league where there is a few teams already tanking from day 1 rs?...whats that? an easy 8-12 wins against 3 tanking teams

nickdakoolkat
04-16-2016, 01:05 AM
How about the fact that they beat the Spurs 3 of 4 times, and the only loss was on a back to back at SA with no Iggy and no Bogut and we still only lost bay a few buckets. Both teams had great seasons, just don't be pissed that as the Spurs are having their best year ever, the warriors are out doing them still. Im not saying the warriors are a lock to win the title, I think it will be a hell of a series if these teams meet. But do you honestly believe the shit you just typed?

DMC
04-16-2016, 01:09 AM
bull shit, if they had the chance to break it , they would of gone for it. I mean Jimbo probably wouldnt of been playing, but when i saw how fired up popovich was during the warriors game, it was obvious. If he cant have the record, he wanted to break it.
You're a noob if you think Pop would go for that record. Look at the lineup he played at home with a perfect home record on the line.

mudyez
04-16-2016, 02:34 PM
I wish the Carolina Panters would have gone 16-0.

So many parallels.

mudyez
04-16-2016, 02:37 PM
I predict 10:4!

dbestpro
04-16-2016, 02:42 PM
If one team was superior to the rest of the league speaks volumes about that team. When two teams are superior the odds dictate that it is not as much about the quality of the team as it is the rest of the league. The NBA is ripe for a team full of journeymen to excel whose sole focus is defense, much like the Pistons did before.

Ghazi
04-16-2016, 03:19 PM
timvp not his best moment. Warriors were 4th in defensive efficiency, and they allow more points due to pace

and comparing the best offensive player of all time to Lin is pretty weak. Is Lin an NBA Champion and a 2 time NBA MVP?

Ghazi
04-16-2016, 03:20 PM
If one team was superior to the rest of the league speaks volumes about that team. When two teams are superior the odds dictate that it is not as much about the quality of the team as it is the rest of the league. The NBA is ripe for a team full of journeymen to excel whose sole focus is defense, much like the Pistons did before.

This is a pretty good take, I think the spurs have about a 40% chance to beat the Warriors and if they do that, over an 80% chance to win the Finals... so they're not as big of underdogs as people think.

LkrFan
04-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Most impressive about it? Dubs are a Western Conference team. Imagine if this Dubs team was in the Eastern Conference? :wow

BD24
04-16-2016, 06:54 PM
Stupid thread. Thread is stupid. Of course its fucking impressive, its never been done before. Jesus Spurs fan doing all they can to try and discredit this team.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-16-2016, 06:57 PM

Please log off and never post again

benefactor
04-16-2016, 07:05 PM
OP with the goods

Molotov
04-17-2016, 05:23 PM

Very true, NBA reminds me of UFC in some regards, where it peaked at UFC 100, and since then has been trying to compensate for its diminishing overall talent pool with over-hyping, and manufacturing stars, ala the NBA where it peaked with 96' Bulls and since 2000 has been struggling to regain the popularity it had in the 90's by trying to manufacture stars like, Rapist Kobe, Mental Midget LeCrab, and Pizza Face Durant. Even going so far as to changing NBA rules for to make it easier for future wonna-be Dad Killers to make an impact in the NBA, yet despite Big Daddy Stern, they still fail as league TV ratings are far down in :lol today's mass tanking NBA.

NBA TV ratings plummeting since the 90's, in regular season, Finals, and all star games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...ielsen_ratings (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings)

:lol today's NBA
:lol two team league with inflated regular season records
:lol Warriors "historic" season, during worst mass tanking NBA has ever seen
:lol today's Center position
:lol mental midgets, Dwert, Cousins, 50 year old Jim best defensive big :lol
:lol overrated, ref coddled softass wings, Harden, glass ankles Curry, Chucking Rapist, Beta Durant/LeRoid
:lol even fatass Americans don't give a shit about :lol today's NBA
:lol TV rating peaking in the 90's
:lol aesthetically pleasing no-talent scrubs
:lol faggots

sexinthatsx
04-17-2016, 07:05 PM
It's impressive, but I agree with a ton of posters that there's just too huge of a drop-off in talent compared to other teams. You start seeing regressing superstars and new talent just not making a huge impact on the league like Tim Duncan, LBJ, Dirk, and the like when they came into the league.

~O~
04-17-2016, 07:28 PM
You guys are getting worse and worse as the year goes by. I won't even put energy to this.

SpursDynasty
04-17-2016, 10:41 PM
Sorry, but until Curry, Thompson, and Green spend 14 seasons together and win 3 more championships I'll be impressed. Does everyone really see them winning 3 more titles together and still being together in 2026?

Mitch
04-17-2016, 11:02 PM
Sorry, but until Curry, Thompson, and Green spend 14 seasons together and win 3 more championships I'll be impressed. Does everyone really see them winning 3 more titles together and still being together in 2026?

If they did then they'd probably manage to repeat, tbh

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2016, 11:09 PM
Very true, NBA reminds me of UFC in some regards, where it peaked at UFC 100, and since then has been trying to compensate for its diminishing overall talent pool with over-hyping, and manufacturing stars, ala the NBA where it peaked with 96' Bulls and since 2000 has been struggling to regain the popularity it had in the 90's by trying to manufacture stars like, Rapist Kobe, Mental Midget LeCrab, and Pizza Face Durant. Even going so far as to changing NBA rules for to make it easier for future wonna-be Dad Killers to make an impact in the NBA, yet despite Big Daddy Stern, they still fail as league TV ratings are far down in :lol today's mass tanking NBA.

NBA TV ratings plummeting since the 90's, in regular season, Finals, and all star games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...ielsen_ratings (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings)

:lol today's NBA
:lol two team league with inflated regular season records
:lol Warriors "historic" season, during worst mass tanking NBA has ever seen
:lol today's Center position
:lol mental midgets, Dwert, Cousins, 50 year old Jim best defensive big :lol
:lol overrated, ref coddled softass wings, Harden, glass ankles Curry, Chucking Rapist, Beta Durant/LeRoid
:lol even fatass Americans don't give a shit about :lol today's NBA
:lol TV rating peaking in the 90's
:lol aesthetically pleasing no-talent scrubs
:lol faggots

FYI, just so you can revise your shtick a little, last year's Finals had the highest ratings since DK's 1998 Bulls, tbh..if we didn't have so many alternatives to watch the games today, the numbers would probably be massive..

Molotov
04-18-2016, 12:06 AM
FYI, just so you can revise your shtick a little, last year's Finals had the highest ratings since DK's 1998 Bulls, tbh..if we didn't have so many alternatives to watch the games today, the numbers would probably be massive..

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Nice try, scrah, too bad one fluke year and a what-if from an African-Canadian, doesn`t change the mountain of facts saying otherwise, clearly that NBA TV ratings statistics for regular season, all star and Finals games, show that they peaked in the 90`s, and have been dropping precipitously since 2000, just facts son, it seems fat ass Americans don`t give a shit about aesthetically pleasing no-talent scrubs of :lol today`s NBA.

daslicer
04-18-2016, 12:38 AM
You guys are getting worse and worse as the year goes by. I won't even put energy to this.

Aren't you describing your battle with dementia?

Thebesteva
04-18-2016, 01:06 AM

http://nowstreamingpod.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ibudadhD4f0xv5.gif

Ditty
04-18-2016, 02:54 AM
I can't believe all the noobs that don't get OP's schtick :lol

HankChinaski
04-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Spurs and Warriors for a Western Conference Finals is going to be a nerve racking exciting series to watch potentially if they meet each other there. So many things can lead to either team winning the series. Warriors are the favorites. But the Spurs do have a solid chance to push out and win a series against them.

RsxPiimp
04-18-2016, 01:05 PM
I can't believe all the noobs that don't get OP's schtick :lol

THISSSS!!!

me and SD goooo waaayyy bacckkk :lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107979