PDA

View Full Version : Spurs won 67 games despite...

spursistan
04-15-2016, 01:17 PM
* best player missing 10 games (I keep waiting for Kawhi to play 75 games in a season :rolleyes)

* defensive anchor missing 21 games (Duncan led league in DRPM)..

* top playmaker and bench glue guy missing 24 games..

67 games won when the top 3 team leaders in RPM missed a combined 55 fuckin' games (not to mention Pop indulging in his rest shtick with other key players like LMA/Diaw)...

This team could have easily won 70 games if it wanted to..Imagine the Warriors record with similar handicap ..

BillMc
04-15-2016, 01:48 PM
* best player missing 10 games (I keep waiting for Kawhi to play 75 games in a season :rolleyes)

67 games won when the top 3 team leaders in RPM missed a combined 55 fuckin' games (not to mention Pop indulging in his rest shtick with other key players like LMA/Diaw)...

This team could have easily won 70 games if it wanted to..Imagine the Warriors record with similar handicap ..

Well said. Which is why I can't believe how many people are having defeatist attitudes and handing the championship to the Warriors. Some say we won't even get by the Thunder.

Have a little faith folks. "Fan" is short for fanatic after all.

Leetonidas
04-15-2016, 02:11 PM
ST is full of cucks and cliff jumpers tbh. success has made them spoiled and overly dramatic

baseline bum
04-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Well said. Which is why I can't believe how many people are having defeatist attitudes and handing the championship to the Warriors. Some say we won't even get by the Thunder.

Have a little faith folks. "Fan" is short for fanatic after all.

Do you consider the Spurs the favorites over the Warriors?

BillMc
04-15-2016, 02:19 PM
Do you consider the Spurs the favorites over the Warriors?

Favorites no, but I give us a VERY good chance of winning the series. Sports is about competition and a 67 win team should be afraid of no one, even a 73 win team. I see many posters who treat the Dubs championship as inevitable.

baseline bum
04-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Favorites no, but I give us a VERY good chance of winning the series. Sports is about competition and a 67 win team should be afraid of no one, even a 73 win team. I see many posters who treat the Dubs championship as inevitable.

What percentage chance do you give the Spurs against the Warriors? 50%? 30%?

BillMc
04-15-2016, 02:22 PM
What percentage do you give the Spurs against the Warriors? 50%? 30%?

40% and that accounts for the Dubs' home court advantage. That % may go up or down at the playoffs unfold depending on performance, injuries, etc.

baseline bum
04-15-2016, 02:30 PM
40% and that accounts for the Dubs' home court advantage. That % may go up or down at the playoffs unfold depending on performance, injuries, etc.

I can't say I'm very confident about a matchup with them. You really can't keep Duncan on the floor against them and they have so many long wings to throw on Kawhi. They have really shut him down in their matchups this year. Mills is virtually unplayable against them because Curry will keep getting screens for open threes and Livingston can just post him all day. And Danny Green not being able to hit a three is extremely concerning. I mean beating them is doable if Green gets hot from the three point line or if Curry turns an ankle and is say 70% for 2-3 games, but Curry being able to stroke 35 footers is unheard of. There is no real defense for that. My best guess in a matchup (assuming health) is Warriors 4-1. I mean this is an incredible Spurs team, I can't believe they won that game in Dallas that the Mavs obviously wanted badly, but I don't think anyone matches up well with these Warriors. I think I'd give the Spurs a 20% chance in this series based on how shitty Green's shot has been this year. But every other team in the league I'd give a 0% chance at Golden State in a series, assuming health.

dabom
04-15-2016, 02:32 PM
I can't say I'm very confident about a matchup with them. You really can't keep Duncan on the floor against them and they have so many long wings to throw on Kawhi. They have really shut him down in their matchups this year. Mills is virtually unplayable against them because Curry will keep getting screens for open threes and Livingston can just post him all day. And Danny Green not being able to hit a three is extremely concerning. I mean beating them is doable if Green gets hot from the three point line or if Curry turns an ankle and is say 70% for 2-3 games, but Curry being able to stroke 35 footers is unheard of. There is no real defense for that. My best guess in a matchup (assuming health) is Warriors 4-1. I mean this is an incredible Spurs team, I can't believe they won that game in Dallas that the Mavs obviously wanted badly, but I don't think anyone matches up well with these Warriors. I think I'd give the Spurs a 20% chance in this series based on how shitty Green's shot has been this year.

Everyone keeps saying we can't have Duncan on the floor vs GSW. Let me ask you something. Of the past 3 years vs GSW, was Tim a liability?

baseline bum
04-15-2016, 02:33 PM
Everyone keeps saying we can't have Duncan on the floor vs GSW. Let me ask you something. Of the past 3 years vs GSW, was Tim a liability?

We're talking about this year.

BillMc
04-15-2016, 02:51 PM
I can't say I'm very confident about a matchup with them. You really can't keep Duncan on the floor against them and they have so many long wings to throw on Kawhi. They have really shut him down in their matchups this year. Mills is virtually unplayable against them because Curry will keep getting screens for open threes and Livingston can just post him all day. And Danny Green not being able to hit a three is extremely concerning. I mean beating them is doable if Green gets hot from the three point line or if Curry turns an ankle and is say 70% for 2-3 games, but Curry being able to stroke 35 footers is unheard of. There is no real defense for that. My best guess in a matchup (assuming health) is Warriors 4-1. I mean this is an incredible Spurs team, I can't believe they won that game in Dallas that the Mavs obviously wanted badly, but I don't think anyone matches up well with these Warriors. I think I'd give the Spurs a 20% chance in this series based on how shitty Green's shot has been this year. But every other team in the league I'd give a 0% chance at Golden State in a series, assuming health.

You make a good argument, I can't refute the issues you bring up. I can only say that Pop has a history of "figuring" great teams out. He figured out the Shaq-Kobe Lakers, he figured out the Heatles. It just takes time. He clearly was in experimental mode in the last game. (I didn't see the second game in Oakland).

But no matter Pop's wizardry, it's simple really Boris and LMA must punish them for us to win, Danny must play ferocious D on Curry, and Kawhi must get free somehow to score efficiently. (It would help if his late season 3 point slump would turn around).

I agree with you about Patty. I think Pop may look at Miller, Martin, Manu and Kyle to combat Livingston's size. I wish Martin had shown us anything really during his time here.

SAGirl
04-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Three guys helped made that possible:Anderson, Boban, Simmons. Anderson was the most significant bc he started games for both Timmy and Kawhi and was instrumental in wins we were understaffed increasing his production. Along the way, he's averaged over 20 minutes per game since Timmy went down with the sore knee and has gotten better all through the season. He remains a very underrated player by a lot of fans but if not for him, our win record would be reduced. His versatility was key to fill in holes wherever they sprung.

He's not a Diaw look alike, he's his own kind. And he will help us to a championship too.
:flag:

dabom
04-15-2016, 03:02 PM
We're talking about this year.

Well I haven't really seen anything this year that says otherwise.

BillMc
04-15-2016, 03:05 PM
Three guys helped made that possible:Anderson, Boban, Simmons. Anderson was the most significant bc he started games for both Timmy and Kawhi and was instrumental in wins we were understaffed increasing his production. Along the way, he's averaged over 20 minutes per game since Timmy went down with the sore knee and has gotten better all through the season. He remains a very underrated player by a lot of fans but if not for him, our win record would be reduced. His versatility was key to fill in holes wherever they sprung.

He's not a Diaw look alike, he's his own kind. And he will help us to a championship too.

Kyle was really impressive in the Dallas win. Here's to his continued improvement!:bobo

baseline bum
04-15-2016, 03:06 PM

Pop only being able to play Duncan 8 minutes, 0 minutes, and 19 minutes in the three games he was healthy doesn't say anything?

dabom
04-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Pop only being able to play Duncan 8 minutes, 0 minutes, and 19 minutes in the three games he was healthy doesn't say anything?

Playing Kevin Martin in the fourth tells you he is experimenting. No real takeaways from these games.

baseline bum
04-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Playing Kevin Martin in the fourth tells you he is experimenting. No real takeaways from these games.

So not playing Duncan was one of those CIA Pop moves we have been speculating about for 20 years now?

dabom
04-15-2016, 03:13 PM
So not playing Duncan was one of those CIA Pop moves we have been speculating about for 20 years now?

You should know by now that Tim plays better in the playoffs. That's not changing any time soon. I thought you were smarter than that.

Poolboy5623
04-15-2016, 03:14 PM

Are you watching?

dabom
04-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Are you watching?

You don't know shit faggot. I don't take main stream media vanilla takes bitch. Don't ever quote me again. :lol

Poolboy5623
04-15-2016, 03:16 PM
You don't know shit faggot. I don't take main stream media vanilla takes bitch. Don't ever quote me again. :lol

Wow.

dabom
04-15-2016, 03:19 PM
I don't know how many times Tim has come through on the clutch in the playoffs. His presence alone galvanizes our players.

vander
04-15-2016, 03:21 PM
More like: won 67 games with Green MIA.

IMO spurs chances against GS depend entirely on whether or not we get 2014 DG back, no chance without it.

Poolboy5623
04-15-2016, 03:24 PM
More like: won 67 games with Green MIA.

IMO spurs chances against GS depend entirely on whether or not we get 2014 DG back, no chance without it.

But pop is going to use duncan, against them, as a secret weapon. Didn't you hear?

TDomination
04-15-2016, 03:45 PM

They won 67 games despite needing a few months to implement LA, West, Boban, Simmons and to a lesser extent Kyle Anderson even though it was his 2nd year. Not to mention getting Miller and Martin later in the year.

This team played a different style than the previous 3 years, but succeeded with it. Especially their defense. This team will hopefully prove that excellent defense wins championships.

Kikoluna
04-15-2016, 03:51 PM

Usually you have respectable thoughts but considering Kyle as a useful member is your first odd opinion. He plays like your or me except He Is taller. He has no business in the nba.

r0drig0lac
04-15-2016, 04:47 PM

agree

SupremeGuy
04-15-2016, 06:21 PM
ST is full of cucks and cliff jumpers tbh. success has made them spoiled and overly dramaticYou're right but dammit at least we're not lakers or heat "fans." At the same time, who the fuck was a warrior fan before a year ago?

Side question: the whole cuck thing started cause of blake right?

SpursFan86
04-15-2016, 06:41 PM
If Green finds his shot, I give us a 40% chance of winning a series vs. GS. If he doesn't, that goes down to 15-20%

south side spur
04-15-2016, 06:45 PM
ST is full of cucks and cliff jumpers tbh. success has made them spoiled and overly dramatic

Otherwise known as the millennial Spurs "fans" that have no perspective and comprehension of the suffering experienced before '99.

Kawhitstorm
04-15-2016, 06:51 PM

Who cares how many game you win if it doesn't change the seeding?:lol

Spurs could have won 65 in 2013-14 but they had the #1 overall seed so it's pointless to chase regular season wins.:wakeup

04-15-2016, 07:05 PM
It's all bout dat switch :lobt:

sexinthatsx
04-15-2016, 10:02 PM

The most important thing that people keep forgetting is that the Spurs haven't missed a step since acquiring LMA and David West. Other teams need a whole season to adjust and fine tune their offense, defense, and tinker with lineups (just ask the Heatles). The fact that the Spurs are just as good defensively with Aldridge laying significant minutes on the floor speaks volumes about what the Spurs are capable of.

Thomas82
04-16-2016, 07:38 AM

Facts!!

Vito Corleone
04-16-2016, 08:03 AM
I think Duncan is the key to winning the series. We can't match the Warriors on the perimeter, but they are no match for San Antonio in the post. The Spurs have given them that match because we haven't taken advantage of our big men the way we should have. I'd like to see San Antonio use Duncan like this was 10 years ago and pound Green and Bogus putting both into foul trouble. Duncan might be old and not the same player he was 10 years ago, but he is still crafty and has the moves to get his shot off and force the opponent to foul him.

james evans
04-16-2016, 11:15 AM

Leoanrd missing games has more to do with Popovich's overprotection. I say only 5 or 6 losses is what we really should have had.

SpursFan86
04-16-2016, 11:16 AM
I say only 5 or 6 losses is what we really should have had.

You think we should've gone 76-6...? :lol

Dingle Barry
04-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Can't beat GSW with Parker and Green doing impressions of 2001 Porter and Ferry.

james evans
04-16-2016, 01:32 PM
You think we should've gone 76-6...? :lol
YES!!! There were games in which popovich just didn't care. First game of the season in which parker was getting raped by Deon Waiters, he should have put him on the bench in the 4th. Clipper game in which Leonard sat out. Warriors game in which duncan and Diaw sat out. Charlotte game in whic we were up 30-7 and popovich pissed it away. Thunder game in which he rested the starters. Denver Game in which he rested the starters(and Duncan turned the clock back).Should I go on? But we know by now, we don't play for the regular season.