PDA

View Full Version : Hidden adjustment against GSW..

coachmac87
04-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Haralabos Voulgaris said there's adjustment that he hasn't seen done against GSW but says the Spurs are the team to do it. Now he would not say because he doesn't want to help or assist in any way but says he thinks Pop is smart enough to do it.

Simmons suggest that it may just to match them and go REALLY small and make Curry work but "Bob" says that could be an option but not the one he's suggesting saying well Spurs have Parker and Mills..

He also says LMA will be a problem for the Warriors..doesn't think Draymond is the a see on guarding him.

He also mentions that he doesn't know if Pop has gone soft and wonders if all the success has made him not go ALL OUT on trying to do whatever it takes to win like he's done in the past.

Very interesting takes tbh. Dude knows his shit tbh..has made millions betting on NBA over the years

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-bill-simmons-podcast/id1043699613?mt=2#episodeGuid=tag%3Asoundcloud%2C2 010%3Atracks%2F259290801

dabom
04-15-2016, 06:43 PM
Haralabos Voulgaris said there's adjustment that he hasn't seen done against GSW but says the Spurs are the team to do it. Now he would not say because he doesn't want to say because he doesn't want to help or assist in any way but says he thinks Pop is smart enough to do it.

Simmons suggest that it may just to match them and go REALLY small and make Curry work but "Bob" says that could be an option but not the one he's suggesting saying well Spurs have Parker and Mills..

He also says LMA will be a problem for the Warriors..doesn't think Draymond is the a see on guarding him.

He also mentions that he doesn't know if Pop has gone soft and wonders if all the success has made him not go ALL OUT on trying to do whatever it takes to win like he's done in the past.

Very interesting takes tbh. Dude knows his shit tbh..has made millions betting on NBA over the years

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-bill-simmons-podcast/id1043699613?mt=2#episodeGuid=tag%3Asoundcloud%2C2 010%3Atracks%2F259290801

Of course. But we got idiots in here thinking otherwise. They can't see past the scoreline.

coachmac87
04-15-2016, 06:45 PM
Of course. But we got idiots in here thinking otherwise. They can't see past the scoreline.

And what he meant by that was a little dirty play tbh. Reference Bowen and the hip check..

Getting physical is always a factor in postseason play

Kawhitstorm
04-15-2016, 06:47 PM

LoL, Patty/Porker couldn't hit the broadside of the barn against the Worriers. Might as well play Kyle/Dre & post up Klay/Curry.:lol

coachmac87
04-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Says Spurs may have made a mistake by showing their hand on switching everything and that since that game in SA every team has done that and GSW has possibly figured that out.

dabom
04-15-2016, 06:48 PM
And what he meant by that was a little dirty play tbh. Reference Bowen and the hip check..

Getting physical is always a factor in postseason play

You sure he didn't mean tactical?

dabom
04-15-2016, 06:49 PM
LoL, Patty/Porker couldn't hit the broadside of the barn against the Worriers. Might as well play Kyle/Dre & post up Klay/Curry.:lol

You keep thinking Patty is going to miss in the playoffs? Fucking lame. :lmao

coachmac87
04-15-2016, 06:50 PM

I think this could be something tbh..Spurs have the ability to play small defensively yet big offensively..just don't know if Pop has the balls to try..

Kawhitstorm
04-15-2016, 06:55 PM
You keep thinking Patty is going to miss in the playoffs? Fucking lame. :lmao

He's going to be slamming against picks.:lol

coachmac87
04-15-2016, 06:56 PM
And on a side not he absolutely rips OKC as an organization calling Presti a scrub dick GM and Donovan a terrible coach. Hopes Durabt and Westbrook both leave :lmao

dabom
04-15-2016, 06:58 PM
He's going to be slamming against picks.:lol

That's not what I asked.

DarrinS
04-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Going small vs GSW = death, tbh

spursistan
04-15-2016, 07:04 PM
I don't buy most of "CIA Pop" bs talk anymore, tbh..this is the dude who watched his team get murdered by the Clippers high double screen for 7 games and never adjusted (not speaking of yanking Parker) :lol..so I am not expecting anything from Poop that would change the complexion of the series.let's just hope our shooters find their touch while Curry hit a cold stretch (ie no video game Curry) and Barnes/Klay choke it up per par..

baseline bum
04-15-2016, 07:06 PM
I don't buy most of "CIA Pop" bs talk anymore, tbh..this is the dude who watched his team get murdered by the Clippers high double screen for 7 games and never adjusted (not speaking of yanking Parker) :lol..so I am not expecting anything from Poop that would change the complexion of the series.let's just hope our shooters find their touch while Curry hit a cold stretch (ie no video game Curry) and Barnes/Klay choke it up per par..

I think Pop probably figured he was going nowhere without Parker getting his game back, and decided to go down with the ship with him.

BillMc
04-15-2016, 07:09 PM
Haralabos Voulgaris said there's adjustment that he hasn't seen done against GSW but says the Spurs are the team to do it. Now he would not say because he doesn't want to help or assist in any way but says he thinks Pop is smart enough to do it.

Followed your link but the most current Simmons podcast I could find was an interview with Draymond Green. Maybe I'm an idiot, but where is the Voulgaris interview? Thanks.

Kawhitstorm
04-15-2016, 07:10 PM
That's not what I asked.

The only thing he's going to be hitting is screens:wakeup

tholdren
04-15-2016, 07:13 PM
Pop is a good guy, he teaches life lessons. He understands there is more to life than basketball. That's good when spurs win, makes you wonder about his drive when spurs lose.

dabom
04-15-2016, 07:14 PM
The only thing he's going to be hitting is screens:wakeup

I wasn't joking though.

dabom
04-15-2016, 07:14 PM
I think Pop probably figured he was going nowhere without Parker getting his game back, and decided to go down with the ship with him.

Nah. Patty was playing lights out. That was on Pop.

spursistan
04-15-2016, 07:16 PM
Followed your link but the most current Simmons podcast I could find was an interview with Draymond Green. Maybe I'm an idiot, but where is the Voulgaris interview? Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/ep-91-haralabos-voulgaris-and-katie-baker

BillMc
04-15-2016, 07:19 PM
https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/ep-91-haralabos-voulgaris-and-katie-baker

Many thanks! :bobo:flag:

baseline bum
04-15-2016, 07:19 PM

:lmao Voulgaris just shitting all over Presti and the Thunder for putting no one around Westbrook and Durant and hoping they both walk :lmao

itzsoweezee
04-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Says Spurs may have made a mistake by showing their hand on switching everything and that since that game in SA every team has done that and GSW has possibly figured that out.

Please. It's nothing the warriors haven't seen before and nothing that's hard for them to counter.

itzsoweezee
04-15-2016, 07:37 PM

This is probably an accurate statement, at least it was last year. Pretty lazy of pop, in my opinion.

Seventyniner
04-15-2016, 07:44 PM
I agree that LMA is the biggest offensive mismatch the Spurs have. When he's on, nobody on the Warriors can check him, even Draymond.

coachmac87
04-15-2016, 08:01 PM
:lmao Voulgaris just shitting all over Presti and the Thunder for putting no one around Westbrook and Durant and hoping they both walk :lmao

Amin Elhassan even recently stated if Pop coached the Thunder they'd be better than the Warriors

toki9
04-15-2016, 08:56 PM
Post up Curry...

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-15-2016, 08:57 PM
Haralabob has a huge hard on for Boban... So I bet his adjustment is going extra big

SAGirl
04-15-2016, 09:07 PM
I thought the same with Miller if we switch everything anyways, it's not like Dre will guard Curry one on one a lot. And I would love to see Curry posted up. Exhaust those legs. He rests on defense guarding Danny too much. I didn't think the Spurs sought to attack him in any of the games except one post up where the refs incorrectly called a foul on Kawhi.

The 2 PG lineup Pop we may try is not the Patty/Mills terrible lineup that got eaten alive on defense, but maybe Andre/Tony. Andre/Manu or any variation with Kyle. We can't let Curry have it so easy defensively.

UZER
04-15-2016, 09:17 PM

Knowing this, I asked awhile back, does Pop owe it to Kawhi and Lamarcus to play the players that have the best chance to win a series and stop with his 'loyalty, wouldn't be fair' bs? How much longer is he gonna ride with Tony and Manu in a series if they clearly are hurting the teams chance win that series?

Kawhi is the new face and LMA sacrificed personal stats to come here and help this team win. If he goes down with the ship again without even trying other options, how is that fair to those guys?

SAGirl
04-15-2016, 09:17 PM
Their adjustment was to drive to the basket. Since 2<3 at least for Curry you live with that. It reduced the number of 3 pt shots and their offensive potency was been reduced. Problem is on our offensive side.

Also, there was no way to hide their hand in that respect bc that defensive scheme is too novel for Pop to try out and surprise them without players getting reps.

Without trying it ahead of time, he could have suspected Tim wasn't going to do well, but just discovering that cost us one regular season game. It could have been a,play-off game. Also, Anderson was a big part if it too and he needed the experience. And a scheme like that requires the entire team working in unison and communicating. It wasn't going to work w/o repetition.

UZER
04-15-2016, 09:26 PM
Everyone (media) always talks about pop adjustments. He doesn't know how to make in-game adjustments. The only adjustment he every makes is starting a different player first every now and then. He's like like Ryan Reynolds in Chaos Theory. He has his little note cards and doesn't deviate from them.

He'll have a plan going into GS, if we get there, but I look forward to seeing how he adjusts when they adjust.

SAGirl
04-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Knowing this, I asked awhile back, does Pop owe it to Kawhi and Lamarcus to play the players that have the best chance to win a series and stop with his 'loyalty, wouldn't be fair' bs? How much longer is he gonna ride with Tony and Manu in a series if they clearly are hurting the teams chance win that series?

Kawhi is the new face and LMA sacrificed personal stats to come here and help this team win. If he goes down with the ship again without even trying other options, how is that fair to those guys?
I do hope this is that season we will see adjustments bc Timmy has come off the bench to win a game he cared about. You can't argue with Pop when you see that. I think Manu will need to have a good series. Kmart is terrible and not a good substitution. We need Danny to play well again for the same reason. We will probably play very perimeter against them unless Pop busts out a Boban LMA duo. Tim is unable to punish small lineups at this point. The big s you play have to score inside with a bunch if smallish swarming him like we have seen Boban do.

Spurs9
04-15-2016, 09:37 PM
Lets not get ahead if ourselves, we need to get past OKC first.

sexinthatsx
04-15-2016, 10:23 PM
If Warriors play Bogut, Tim will be able to stay in the game. If Bogut is out and it's the Warriors small ball lineup, then Diaw would replace Tim. Either way, it's pretty evident that Pop has been hiding both those players from the regular season games. At this point, it's anybody's guess what will happen come playoffs time.

baseline bum
04-15-2016, 10:24 PM

That's not at all what I was saying.

Brian Windhorst
04-15-2016, 10:45 PM
(Hack Green and Iguodala)

maverick1948
04-15-2016, 10:54 PM
Actually, I know a way to beat the Warriors. You have to flustrate Dirtyman Green. We worked on him in the last two games and got a technical early. Then stopped. LMA has to shoot over him and make shots. If he bodies up on LMA, then he will get fouls called. But we have to push his button till he breaks with the ref. And we have to do it early.

Spurtacular
04-15-2016, 10:55 PM
I don't do Itunes. They want you to put all that BS software on your computer for no good reason.

UZER
04-15-2016, 10:58 PM
That's not at all what I was saying.

I know what you were saying. I'm just pointing out the last part from my point of view.

SouthernFried
04-16-2016, 01:13 AM
What's with the focus on "possible" games we ain't even scheduled to play yet?

Long way to go yet. One game at a time ;)

hooperflash
04-16-2016, 01:23 AM
Andre Miller. :hat

J_Paco
04-16-2016, 02:16 AM
Nah. Patty was playing lights out. That was on Pop.

Patty is a shit defender just like Tony and was getting his shit pushed in by Austin "Fucking" Rivers, people. For every basket Patty scored, he turned around and gave up more (And - 1, constant blocking fouls) to the opposing backup PG. He was doing his best imitation of a 6' Gary Neal, TBH.

If anything, Pop should have said "fuck you" to both of them and rode with CoJo. Although, we would have been a 2nd round team with him starting at PG.

dabom
04-16-2016, 02:19 AM
Patty is a shit defender just like Tony and was getting his shit pushed in by Austin "Fucking" Rivers, people. For every basket Patty scored, he turned around and gave up more (And - 1, constant blocking fouls) to the opposing backup PG. He was doing his best imitation of a 6' Gary Neal, TBH.

If anything, Pop should have said "fuck you" to both of them and rode with CoJo. Although, we would have been a 2nd round team with him starting at PG.

Patty gave us points you stupid fuck. Austin Rivers probably won a game but Porker was playing well below Patty on Offense and defense you stupid fuck. He was statistically by impact and production the worst fucking player in the playoffs. Patty taking those extra minutes would have won us the series faggot. :lmao

dabom
04-16-2016, 02:23 AM
This isn't up to debate you stupid fuck. :lol

DenialTwist
04-16-2016, 04:24 AM

This is exactly what I was thinking last year. Pop doesn't care if they win or lose anymore. He got his 5 rings, cemented his legacy and now he is going down with the ship no matter how Parker plays. Isn't it obvious Pop didn't go "all out to win" when he allowed Manu and Parker to play so many minutes against the Clippers in last year's playoffs. Everyone and their mother saw this last year, Parker and Manu were horrible in that series. Belinelli and Mills should've played more but Pop chose loyalty over winning. He is doing the same this season. When the espn announcing crew i.e. Mark Jackson and JVG are questioning why Pop keeps Parker in late in 4th quarters, you know Pop has gone soft. He used up all his energy in parker's early career yelling at him in games and during film session that he won't call him out anymore. It all shifted to Danny Green lol

Robert Horry talked about the spurs on Lakers: Access Sportsnet recently and he said Pop never really liked Parker's game in the beginning but kept him and molded him to play in the spurs system.

DenialTwist
04-16-2016, 04:38 AM

Where does Haralabos say all of this stuff anyway? Was this on twitter or the Bill Simmons pod?

coachmac87
04-16-2016, 05:22 AM
Bill Simmons pod

Mouth is Bleeding
04-16-2016, 05:33 AM
I would think it's something offensively.

There isn't one cure defensively and in periods we've done as well as we can hope for.

I do hope we put Curry in the screen meatgrinder like we used to do when we used to beat them all the time but is that even possible with this new offense compared to all the ball movement and motion back then and on top of that the miserable state of Porker.

J_Paco
04-16-2016, 07:14 AM
This isn't up to debate you stupid fuck. :lol

No one is "debating" Parker's piss poor performance you fucking twat. The point is that Joseph should have been given the Reigns at least for that playoffs especially since Patty was coming off injury. Joseph had the size, athleticism and defense needed to make Paul work on defense.

Somehow, you fucking morons try to make everything a debate even when it is something as clear as how shitty Tony was last post season. I like Mills a lot but you or I liking him ain't gonna make him taller, more athletic, a better defender or an actual playmaker.

I'll let you continue on screaming at your computer screen, though, since clearly it is the only thing you new age, vanilla "player" fans are good at.

You thrown a the advanced statistics and horseshit you can dig up but never any context for them. How about giving us Patty's advanced statistics, his assist to turnover ratio or his assist percentage from last season/postseason?

J_Paco
04-16-2016, 07:21 AM
This is exactly what I was thinking last year. Pop doesn't care if they win or lose anymore. He got his 5 rings, cemented his legacy and now he is going down with the ship no matter how Parker plays. Isn't it obvious Pop didn't go "all out to win" when he allowed Manu and Parker to play so many minutes against the Clippers in last year's playoffs. Everyone and their mother saw this last year, Parker and Manu were horrible in that series. Belinelli and Mills should've played more but Pop chose loyalty over winning. He is doing the same this season. When the espn announcing crew i.e. Mark Jackson and JVG are questioning why Pop keeps Parker in late in 4th quarters, you know Pop has gone soft. He used up all his energy in parker's early career yelling at him in games and during film session that he won't call him out anymore. It all shifted to Danny Green lol

Robert Horry talked about the spurs on Lakers: Access Sportsnet recently and he said Pop never really liked Parker's game in the beginning but kept him and molded him to play in the spurs system.

How the fuck would Robert Horry know how Pop felt about Tony when he showed up after two seasons and a championship? Pop clearly saw something in him to give him the reigns early on, although his options were very limited, and push him harder than he has pushed any player probably ever.

Pop is definitely set in his way's, but living and dying with his guys (Parker, Ginobili and Duncan) is something he has done throughout his tenure in San Antonio. It isn't a new phenomenon just started recently and it has led to just as much success as failure. He has the playoff W's and championship trophies to prove it. Just something fans will have to live with even if we see the fails in that logic.

vander
04-16-2016, 07:35 AM
Actually, I know a way to beat the Warriors. You have to flustrate Dirtyman Green. We worked on him in the last two games and got a technical early. Then stopped. LMA has to shoot over him and make shots. If he bodies up on LMA, then he will get fouls called. But we have to push his button till he breaks with the ref. And we have to do it early.

Man that would be so great if we could get him ejected one game.

UZER
04-16-2016, 08:05 AM
Man that would be so great if we could get him ejected one game.

Not that it really matters but funny thing is, in today's world, instead of calling out Draymond for losing his head, they would call out the guy getting into Draymonds head because GS is the media darling right now.

When Rodman was with the Bulls, it was the others players fault for losing their cool.