PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Book to bring in record money for a movie In April

InRareForm
04-16-2016, 12:12 PM
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/box-office-jungle-book-barbershop-batman-1201754732/

lefty
04-16-2016, 12:18 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this movie :lol

DD
04-16-2016, 12:23 PM
Agreed, also looking forward to the NBA Playoffs

JMarkJohns
04-16-2016, 01:13 PM
My favorite Disney Cartoon growing up. Taking my 8-yo nephew to it today.

SpursforSix
04-16-2016, 01:55 PM

Same. Great cartoon. Loved the songs as well.

gambit1990
04-16-2016, 05:15 PM
there's a second jungle book coming out in 2018. not a sequel, just a different movie entirely. it will be directorial debut by the guy who played gollum.

JMarkJohns
04-16-2016, 06:08 PM
Really enjoyed it. Has its quirks, but damn good, and Shere Khan was terrifying for a kids film. Fantastic interpretation and creation. Really brought the direty of the situation together.

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2016, 07:47 PM
I'm going to check it out....Ohh boy can't wait ....

thispego
04-17-2016, 11:08 AM

lol weird

JMarkJohns
04-17-2016, 11:14 AM
lol weird

An uncle taking his nephew to a new version of a shared favorite Disney movie is weird?

I hate to think of how your childhood was fucked up that something as common a the above became "weird" to you.

thispego
04-17-2016, 11:27 AM
An uncle taking his nephew to a new version of a shared favorite Disney movie is weird?

I hate to think of how your childhood was fucked up that something as common a the above became "weird" to you.

I never went to a movie with just my aunt or uncle lol.

JMarkJohns
04-17-2016, 12:02 PM
That would make you the odd one.

chunticakes
04-17-2016, 12:20 PM

Sup thiespego? In the market for any codones?

thispego
04-17-2016, 05:35 PM
That would make you the odd one.

Nah you're weird for wanting to hang out with a little kid who's not your own. :lol

I mean I like my nieces and nephews but I'm not gonna go hang out with any one of them like a play date :lol

thispego
04-17-2016, 05:35 PM
Sup thiespego? In the market for any codones?

Nah

JMarkJohns
04-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Nah you're weird for wanting to hang out with a little kid who's not your own. :lol

I mean I like my nieces and nephews but I'm not gonna go hang out with any one of them like a play date :lol

We can all recognize how fortunate your nieces and nephews are to avoid such a piece of shit.

thispego
04-17-2016, 07:08 PM
We can all recognize how fortunate your nieces and nephews are to avoid such a piece of shit.

I'm awesome, they love me, but we all have our own lives.

I guess when you don't have any friends, girlfriend, or kids of your own, you gotta hang out with whoever will hang out with you :lol

SpursforSix
04-17-2016, 07:11 PM

I guess when you don't have any friends, girlfriend, or kids of your own, you gotta hang out with whoever will hang out with you :lol

Lol at you thinking it's weird to check out a movie with your fam. They both want to see the movie. Why not take the kid? You've got a really bizarre take on this one.

thispego
04-17-2016, 07:35 PM
Lol at you thinking it's weird to check out a movie with your fam. They both want to see the movie. Why not take the kid? You've got a really bizarre take on this one.

I don't know ANYONE who is or was or has kids that are or were buddy buddy with their uncle. MAYBE their aunt, because you know, women are nurturers and all, but to have an uncle that's wants to spend quality time with his niece or nephew? :lol that's just weird to me. Makes jmarksjohns seem very feminine to me lol

Plus, when a big kids movie like this comes out, it's an opportunity for ME to take MY kids to the movies, I'm not gonna let someone else enjoy that over me, unless my son (who is old enough) wants to go with his buddy (that is his own age :lol) and his parents or something. Or maybe my kids' grandparents want to take them.

Jmarksjohns is just very feminine, that's all, I get it

JMarkJohns
04-17-2016, 07:39 PM

You got all that out of my post talking about taking my nephew to a film?

Or maybe you recalled your own pathetic situation and projected it into me.

Ya know, that which is familiar is thought of first, and all.

thispego
04-17-2016, 07:47 PM
You got all that out of my post talking about taking my nephew to a film?

Or maybe you recalled your own pathetic situation and projected it into me.

Ya know, that which is familiar is thought of first, and all.

I read people, it's my thing. You're the one who likes to hang out with kids :lol, I'm right on the money about your situation aren't I? :lmao

JMarkJohns
04-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Myopia is nothing to be this proud of, dude.

So you had shit relationships with your uncles and you don't see a value in those who have the opposite. I'll not apologize because I taught my nephew how to bait a hook, clean a fish, build a fire, shoot an arrow, overcome dyslexia, play guitar, and appreciate nature through photography. I also see no reason to be demeaned over the fact that I as a university educator see a value in sharing literature, and, when quality films allow, film with family.

I've done all these things with my father and uncles, and I'm happy continue the tradition. Most families operate like this to some degree.

Like I said, the fact yours didn't/doesn't doesn't make me odd. It makes you an unfortunate piece of shit for calling such into question.

Have fun.

thispego
04-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Myopia is nothing to be this proud of, dude.

So you had shit relationships with your uncles and you don't see a value in those who have the opposite. I'll not apologize because I taught my nephew how to bait a hook, clean a fish, build a fire, shoot an arrow, overcome dyslexia, play guitar, and appreciate nature through photography. I also see no reason to be demeaned over the fact that I as a university educator see a value in sharing literature, and, when quality films allow, film with family.

I've done all these things with my father and uncles, and I'm happy continue the tradition. Most families operate like this to some degree.

Like I said, the fact yours didn't/doesn't doesn't make me odd. It makes you an unfortunate piece of shit for calling such into question.

Have fun.
Nowwwwww I get it, your nephew has a deadbeat dad who isn't around. So you play the father-figure in the boy's life. That's cool, commendable even. I like all my uncles, but never wanted to hang out with any of them. One of my uncles who is an anesthesiologist in San Antonio who works with the Spurs occasionally got front row tickets and asked me to join him once, but I was an adult by then and we actually had some things in common :lol never hung out with him solo before or since though lol

JMarkJohns
04-17-2016, 08:17 PM
I don't like talking about it, but yes.

It's wasn't but a month ago the police came to my house because I was an emergency contact, as they were looking to arrest him for falsifying records for child support.

I've spent many summer between semesters helping.

He's a good kid who's deserves better. I'm happy to help as I can.

thispego
04-17-2016, 08:19 PM
I don't like talking about it, but yes.

It's wasn't but a month ago the police came to my house because I was an emergency contact, as they were looking to arrest him for falsifying records for child support.

I've spent many summer between semesters helping.

He's a good kid who's deserves better. I'm happy to help as I can.

My apologies for jumping to conclusions. Kid's lucky to have you.

JMarkJohns
04-17-2016, 08:26 PM
I figured you were just trolling.

JMarkJohns
04-17-2016, 08:31 PM
One of my uncles was a prominent lawyer who met skybox tickets for the Suns when America West Arena first opened. Used half of them on clients. Other half of the games were for family. So I saw lots of games full of very tiny players from very posh surroundings during the Barkley years.

JMarkJohns
04-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Anyways, back to the film. Wouldn't surprise me if it sets April records, but the theater I saw it at was only 3/4 full on a Saturday afternoon on a very seasonably hot, very windy Saturday in Phoenix. So, if it can't pack the house I'm not sure it will dominate the way some expect.

Especially since many reviewers are warning that it's PG for very strong jungle terror scenes.

StrengthAndHonor
04-17-2016, 08:39 PM
I don't see how it could, 1st week of May Marvel's Civil War comes out and then followed by X-Men Apocalypse. It has a lot of competition.

JMarkJohns
04-17-2016, 08:45 PM
I don't see how it could, 1st week of May of Civil War coming out and then followed by X-Men Apocalypse. It has a lot of competition.

I think it's April-specific. Not sure what movies have ever done well in April. Can't imagine many quality ones released late March through mid April.

bigzak25
04-18-2016, 12:25 AM
I will definitely take my son's to see this. GodBless!

I. Hustle
04-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Great movie. Took my kids to it yesterday.

On a side note, I think Pegs was molested by an uncle as a kid.

SpursforSix
04-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Looks like they're pushing the other version back to 2018.

weird that they are using the same kid for Mowgli in both versions though

JMarkJohns
04-18-2016, 02:48 PM

Kid has two films and already type cast.

Chucho
04-18-2016, 03:12 PM

Then that's on you. Don't try and be a faggot by insinuating nasty fucking shit out of something innocent. Save the kid touching for those that touch kids like Luva and faggoty fagg fag Avante.

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2016, 03:18 PM

He does have a bizzare take but its funny as fuck...I'm laughing my ass off :lol

But its clear something happened to him as a kid if he thinks this is odd :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Then that's on you. Don't try and be a faggot by insinuating nasty fucking shit out of something innocent. Save the kid touching for those that touch kids like Luva and faggoty fagg fag Avante.

Your rage sounds personal....So how young were you when you first got molested ?

:lol I'm here for you Choochoo. :lol

thispego
04-18-2016, 07:17 PM

Lol whoa gay boy, I didn't take it there, you did :wow

Aztecfan03
04-18-2016, 07:23 PM
there's a second jungle book coming out in 2018. not a sequel, just a different movie entirely. it will be directorial debut by the guy who played gollum.
It was pushed back that far? It was supposed to be this year or 2017.

Aztecfan03
04-18-2016, 07:28 PM
Nowwwwww I get it, your nephew has a deadbeat dad who isn't around. So you play the father-figure in the boy's life. That's cool, commendable even. I like all my uncles, but never wanted to hang out with any of them. One of my uncles who is an anesthesiologist in San Antonio who works with the Spurs occasionally got front row tickets and asked me to join him once, but I was an adult by then and we actually had some things in common :lol never hung out with him solo before or since though lol

I've gone to the movies with uncles a few times. But that was after my father passed away.

Aztecfan03
04-18-2016, 07:31 PM

Pretty sure they aren't using the same kid.

SpursforSix
04-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Pretty sure they aren't using the same kid.

Yeah...it's the kid from Slumdog Millionaire.

Aztecfan03
04-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Yeah...it's the kid from Slumdog Millionaire.
Ohhhh...so you are just telling a racist joke.

SpursforSix
04-18-2016, 07:43 PM
Ohhhh...so you are just telling a racist joke.

Yes. "They all look alike" joke. (No racist)

Chucho
04-20-2016, 11:38 AM
Your rage sounds personal....So how young were you when you first got molested ?

:lol I'm here for you Choochoo. :lol

LOOLLLL. More deflection, eh? Saddddddddd simp just tooooo simple.

Chucho
04-20-2016, 11:40 AM
Lol whoa gay boy, I didn't take it there, you did :wow

Don't play that, you know what you were insinuating. Even you can't be that stupid. Need to step your game up, I don't feel the heat from 3rd grade defense mechanisms. Don't be a Simp like Kool.

Avante
04-20-2016, 11:40 AM

Are you simply retarded?

Avante
04-20-2016, 11:41 AM
Look at the immaturity up there, these freaks can't even talk about a kids movie, amazing.

The school where my grandkids go is taking all them to the movies to see Jungle Book.

Chucho
04-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Hey guy, if you don't want people calling you a kid toucher, than maybe, just maybe you should, you know...stop touching kids? Sounds like a disaster averted, your bung remaining blood free from a prison reaming, and a kid doesn't have to slit their wrists or jump in front of a train because YOU are one sick fuck.

Avante
04-20-2016, 11:46 AM
Hey guy, if you don't want people calling you a kid toucher, than maybe, just maybe you should, you know...stop touching kids? Sounds like a disaster averted, your bung remaining blood free from a prison reaming, and a kid doesn't have to slit their wrists or jump in front of a train because YOU are one sick fuck.

Dummy, I was a sailor in a bar surrounded by professional hookers, none of which looked like some kid, ok moron? You really are retarded aren't ya?

Pay attention idiot.

If I saw some guy messing with kids I beat this sicko to death, now what about that don't you get stupid?

Chucho
04-20-2016, 11:47 AM
So they fooled you? A 12 year old Filipino Hooker looks like a 12 year old hooker. And I'm the retarded dummy? Don't try and justify and excuse your stupidity.

Avante
04-20-2016, 11:49 AM
So they fooled you? A 12 year old Filipino Hooker looks like a 12 year old hooker. And I'm the retarded dummy? Don't try and justify and excuse your stupidity.

Stupid, what bar hires 12 year old kids to hustle drinks, just how damn stupid are you? Why ignore my stance on that sickness, well?

Stupid, you shoot sick ass pedos in the head, now don't ignore that ya moron, got it?

SpursforSix
04-20-2016, 11:56 AM
Dummy, I was a sailor in a bar surrounded by professional hookers, none of which looked like some kid, ok moron? You really are retarded aren't ya?

Pay attention idiot.

If I saw some guy messing with kids I beat this sicko to death, now what about that don't you get stupid?

wait...I thought you said that you'd shoot a sicko pedophile in the head. Now, you're going to beat him to death. You're sending mixed signals old timer.

Chucho
04-20-2016, 11:58 AM
Settle down, you psychopath. So basically, you beat down the guys that outbid you on the 12 year old hookers in the Philipenes? And you call me the moron that is sick? I dunno man, it seems like you hate being out-hustled for underage pussy that you are paying for. Sick fuck.

Avante
04-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Settle down, you psychopath. So basically, you beat down the guys that outbid you on the 12 year old hookers in the Philipenes? And you call me the moron that is sick? I dunno man, it seems like you hate being out-hustled for underage pussy that you are paying for. Sick fuck.

Listen ya idiot, bars don't hire little kids, ok dummy? A 12 year old girl sitting at the bar drinking? What are you insane?

Grow up and stop acting stupid, ok?

Why totally ignore my stance on that sickness, what, you can't read?

Avante
04-20-2016, 12:12 PM
wait...I thought you said that you'd shoot a sicko pedophile in the head. Now, you're going to beat him to death. You're sending mixed signals old timer.

Shut up, ok?

SpursforSix
04-20-2016, 12:14 PM
Shut up, ok?

you will not speak to me like that. nope.

clambake
04-20-2016, 12:16 PM
avante is being revered here like johnny football is revered by gm's.

Avante
04-20-2016, 12:17 PM
you will not speak to me like that. nope.

Well then mind your own business, got it? When you butt into mine I'll talk to you anyway I want, got it?

Avante
04-20-2016, 12:19 PM
avante is being revered here like johnny football is revered by gm's.

While nobody pays any attention to you at all. Don't you get tired of being a leech?

Dude, do something on your own, can you? Are you an habitual follower?

SpursforSix
04-20-2016, 12:19 PM
Well then mind your own business, got it? When you butt into mine I'll talk to you anyway I want, got it?

What's your business here? Anything pertinent to the Jungle Book movie?

Avante
04-20-2016, 12:22 PM
What's your business here? Anything pertinent to the Jungle Book movie?

I came here to talk about the movie only to find idiots talking about me.

clambake
04-20-2016, 12:44 PM
I came here to talk about the movie only to find idiots talking about me.

what are they saying?

thispego
04-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Don't play that, you know what you were insinuating. Even you can't be that stupid. Need to step your game up, I don't feel the heat from 3rd grade defense mechanisms. Don't be a Simp like Kool.

I dont know what you think I said to insinuate anything sexual whatsoever in my posts you damn weirdo.

Chucho
04-20-2016, 04:59 PM
I dont know what you think I said to insinuate anything sexual whatsoever in my posts you damn weirdo.

LOL. Denial and deflection. Yeah, I'm the only one that caught it, considering everyone else insinuated what I called you out on. Don't get it twisted, you're a sick fuck with sick perceptions of innocent things. Did one of your Uncles fondle you as a child and you didn't know how to say "no"? Would explain alot. It can't explain how dumb you are, but definitely why you have some sick perversions...

Avante
04-20-2016, 06:18 PM
LOL. Denial and deflection. Yeah, I'm the only one that caught it, considering everyone else insinuated what I called you out on. Don't get it twisted, you're a sick fuck with sick perceptions of innocent things. Did one of your Uncles fondle you as a child and you didn't know how to say "no"? Would explain alot. It can't explain how dumb you are, but definitely why you have some sick perversions...

You are a freak guy and an idiot, got it? Why not stop bothering people ya jerk, ok?

Do something besides see who you can pester ok retard?

bulakenyo
04-20-2016, 08:49 PM
I didnt have any idea about the movie. I just went in and watched it with my brother.

It was very entertaining. Shere Khan the tiger was a bad bad villain. Nasty.

I was really tired and I couldnt help dozing off for a couple of minutes, around the big snake scenes.

But afer that, I was fully awake and watched the whole thing from that point.

I would recommend this movie.