PDA

View Full Version : Would you be disappointed if..

Spursin6ix
04-17-2016, 09:33 AM
this series with the Grizzlies is not super lopsided? It seems that contrary to our hopes, both OKC and Warriors will have a cakewalk. Spurs have to make this quick and get plenty of rest cause Durant and Westbrook will require Kawhi and company to be as fresh as they can be.

DMC
04-17-2016, 09:42 AM
No. I don't care. Just win.

InRareForm
04-17-2016, 09:59 AM
no

BillMc
04-17-2016, 10:37 AM
I want a sweep so we get rest. Couldn't careless about the margin of victory though. Just win and stay healthy.

Cry Havoc
04-17-2016, 10:41 AM
I don't care about the scoring differential. I just care about taking them out in 5 or less. If we win 4 games by a combined 10 points but sweep them, I'm fine with that.

MultiTroll
04-17-2016, 10:42 AM
After 2015s Championship start ended, no.
But yes will be disappointed if Memph takes it to 6 or (gasp) 7.

Beverly provides hope but the other their two main fags, sheesh what another cakewalk gift for the Warriors.

Biggems
04-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Win in 4 games and outscore them by 4 in the series and it is still a sweep...we still advance...and we still get a little rest.

Ideally, we win in 4, with our margin of victory increases with each game. Also, our efficiency on both ends improves as the series progresses.

SPURt
04-17-2016, 11:22 AM
series w no injuries
This. If the Spurs lose a game or two, I'd prefer it happen here than in a meaningful series

Russo21
04-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Win in 4, no injuries and Danny comes back. Spurs are not gonna fuck this series up there's nothing to worry about. Highly doubt it will go to 5. Memphis barely have any players left.

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2016, 11:40 AM
series w no injuries

Ron Swanson
04-17-2016, 11:45 AM
series w no injuries

This is the correct answer.

Old School 44
04-17-2016, 11:54 AM
I expect a sweep. The first two games should be by 15+. We only lost one game during the regular season, and although most of the team played, it was really a meaningless game against the Warriors. I want to see the REAL Spurs play. No excuses, no secrets, no holding back...this is the PLAYOFFS!

keeferob25
04-17-2016, 12:06 PM
No and I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. In our last championship we were taken to a Game 7 by the Mavs who in their last regular season game that year was in a battle specifically to AVOID playing us in the first round. This was a Dallas team that we had OWNED for YEARS at that point. We won the elimination game and went on to make history. Point is...ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs and all you need to do is get the WIN!

GSH
04-17-2016, 12:51 PM
I want to see that the Spurs are playing their best ball at the end of the season. Any more than 5 games means they aren't doing that. A sweep gives time for rest, and more practices.

SouthernFried
04-17-2016, 01:03 PM
I'd like it to go 6.

I think it will really help the 2nd and 3rd squads to get more playoff experience. :)

Obstructed_View
04-17-2016, 01:06 PM
I don't think the Spurs have been playing very well. This could look a lot like round 1 against the Mavs in 2014. I hope they flip the switch earlier rather than later, but there's not telling. Patty and Danny have to shoot well, and even if they're hot for a game or two, it's no guarantee that they won't suddenly go cold again.

BTW, I feel like a Boston sports fan saying that Patty and Danny are the key to the series.

davidbowie
04-17-2016, 01:11 PM
we will probably lose the first game tbh

SpursFan86
04-17-2016, 01:14 PM
I want to see that the Spurs are playing their best ball at the end of the season. Any more than 5 games means they aren't doing that. A sweep gives time for rest, and more practices.

Exactly. With how bad this current Memphis team is, a close series would mean that SA either a) didn't execute well at all and played sloppy, and/or b) got completely out-hustled by Memphis and didn't match their intensity. So yeah, I would be a little disappointed. Obviously a win is a win, but I don't think people realize how weak this current Memphis team is. They lost 14 of their last 17 games. They would struggle to win 20 games over the course of an 82-game season. There's really no reason whatsoever this should be a close series.

spursistan
04-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Quite frankly, yes...if this thing goes beyond 4 games (with home blowouts), it would mean Spurs aren't ready for the playoffs, and by extension turning their series vs Thunder into a toss up affair..

TXstbobcat
04-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Just win the series, stay healthy, and rest up for the Thunder.

Darius Bieber
04-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Can't wait for the meltdown when Grizzlies steal Game 1. :downspin:

YGWHI
04-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Very disappointed if the series won't end in a sweep, I can't imagine a scenario where the Grizz win one game...

The Spurs have a significant advantage in the paint, I expect Pop exploiting it with our 4 bigs the whole game...there is no need to play Kawhi many minutes in this round...and it would be nice to see Danny/Patty starting to make their 3's again.

ffadicted
04-17-2016, 03:12 PM
Would be nice to win in 5 or less tbh for Thunder rest

baseline bum
04-17-2016, 03:22 PM
I don't think the Spurs have been playing very well. This could look a lot like round 1 against the Mavs in 2014. I hope they flip the switch earlier rather than later, but there's not telling. Patty and Danny have to shoot well, and even if they're hot for a game or two, it's no guarantee that they won't suddenly go cold again.

BTW, I feel like a Boston sports fan saying that Patty and Danny are the key to the series.

I can't imagine that happening, Memphis has no one even close to Monta Ellis. None of these games should be competitive, and if they are, it's saying bad things about the Spurs.

z0sa
04-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I would, no question. The Spurs need to come out and take care of business.

Seventyniner
04-17-2016, 04:06 PM
I just want the Spurs to play well. Then again, if that happens (the Spurs maintain at least their B game), it will be a sweep with every game decided by 12+ anyway.

dbestpro
04-17-2016, 05:26 PM
Don't care if they lose a couple of games as long as they iron out Mills, and Green. They need to get back to ball movement.

spursistan
04-17-2016, 06:12 PM
#4 Jordan Farmar
#9 Tony Allen
#22 Matt Barnes
#7 Chris Anderson
#0 JaMychal Green

:lmao if we don't sweep this bunch..

Obstructed_View
04-17-2016, 06:16 PM
I can't imagine that happening, Memphis has no one even close to Monta Ellis. None of these games should be competitive, and if they are, it's saying bad things about the Spurs.

The Mavs series said bad things about the Spurs. That wasn't a great team or anything. The Spurs played lackluster on both sides and allowed a game winning shot, and their defense allowed 37 points in a fourth quarter to lose a game, and it wasn't because Monta Ellis willed his team to victory or because Vince Carter is unguardable. The Spurs finally got it together and played they way they were supposed to in game 7 and it was never close.

Just like that series, the Spurs are capable of winning this series going away, but they haven't been playing very well lately so they could allow a bad team to play above their head.

AZK619
04-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Rest LMA and Kawhi when the deficit is too much for the Grizzlies. Need them for the next series healthy.