SupremeGuy
04-18-2016, 08:37 AM
:claw

99 Problems
04-18-2016, 08:38 AM

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 08:48 AM
No issues, he was deserving ...as was Green.

I think it helps Draymond ... nicca is always looking for "slights" ...

AlexJones
04-18-2016, 08:49 AM
Meh, reputation award

StrengthAndHonor
04-18-2016, 09:19 AM
I thought Green deserved it more. He was the heart of that 73 win GS team..

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 09:31 AM

I agree but the stat heads love Kiwi ...
And tbh some metrics favor Kiwi others Green...

I do find it interesting that some writers argued Kiwi should get it because he was the leader of a historic level defense ...but I thought metrics were meant to highlight individual contributions and a historic defense would be considered a team accomplishment? :rollin

These awards dont mean shit anyway and no one can argue Green got "robbed". It was close and Kiwi won ...
No issues on my end, but I am not a Dub fan ...I just like their squad

DPG21920
04-18-2016, 09:32 AM

So how do you measure heart and that Green deserved it more? Spurs had one of the great regular seasons as well and weren't far behind GS. Then SA had the best defense in the league and improved 3 points in defensive efficiency over last year while Golden State when backwards 2 points.

Kawhi was very, very deserving and by most every measurable way had a better defensive year.

StrengthAndHonor
04-18-2016, 09:53 AM

I do find it interesting that some writers argued Kiwi should get it because he was the leader of a historic level defense ...but I thought metrics were meant to highlight individual contributions and a historic defense would be considered a team accomplishment? :rollin

These awards dont mean shit anyway and no one can argue Green got "robbed". It was close and Kiwi womn ...
No issues on my end, but I am not a Dub fan I just like their squad
Bingo

ambchang
04-18-2016, 09:55 AM
Doesn't really matter. DPoY voting has pretty much been a joke for a while. Still better than All-D team selections though.

DPG21920
04-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Bingo

Bingo? What does that even mean? Usually, the team with the best defense has a high likelihood of having the best defensive anchor. It stands to reason.

Then when you combine that with the individual metrics, Kawhi has Draymond beat in most every one.

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Doesn't really matter. DPoY voting has pretty much been a joke for a while. Still better than All-D team selections though.

if u went be advance stats over the raw stats of spg/bpg, how many of the past winners would actually won the award?

Chef Curry
04-18-2016, 10:17 AM
Meh, reputation award

Exactly.

Unless you're blocking shots and getting steals at an alarming rate, which Leonard isn't . Defense in basketball is usually a team effort.

Back to back DPOY awards only solidifies Leonard's status as a system player and will make him look silly when Wardell toys with him again and again during the WCF, as he's been doing all season.

Some DPOY :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHHI19eUliM

TXstbobcat
04-18-2016, 10:19 AM

Chef Curry
04-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Once again it pays off to be a quiet media friendly fake humble retarded house nigga as opposed to a loud mouth dark skin.

This type of shit probably fuels Draymond though. Last DPOY resulted in a 1st round exit for Leonard while Draymond rang :hat

Clipper Nation
04-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Once again it pays off to be a quiet media friendly fake humble retarded house nigga as opposed to a loud mouth dark skin.

This type of shit probably fuels Draymond though. Last DPOY resulted in a 1st round exit for Leonard while Draymond rang :hat
Last time Gaymond got "snubbed" for DPOY, he disappeared in the Finals and had to be carried by Iguodala :lol

daslicer
04-18-2016, 10:37 AM

How can a glorified role player be fueled to take his game to another level?

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 10:37 AM
Last time Gaymond got "snubbed" for DPOY, he disappeared in the Finals and had to be carried by Iguodala :lol

Pretty big leap in time from an award handed out around April 17th-18th to the Finals which start in June ...

Did he disappear for 6 weeks?

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2016, 10:40 AM
so raymond green cant even beat a injured kawhi last season for the award
now he cant even win against a healthy kawhi?

lol mr.ed

I. Hustle
04-18-2016, 10:41 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/52525094.jpg

Xevious
04-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Meh, reputation award

As is MVP, which is why some people just vote for the best player on the best team. By that same logic, the best defender on the team with the best defense should be DPOY. But Leonard's metrics actually support his claim, more so than Raymond's.

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2016, 11:00 AM
if dpoy is a reputation award

then mr.ed with all his bs to the media isnt enough to win the award? even his team didnt even PR to get him dpoy

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2016, 11:00 AM
if dpoy is a reputation award

then mr.ed with all his bs to the media isnt enough to win the award? even his team didnt even PR to get him dpoy

StrengthAndHonor
04-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Bingo? What does that even mean? Usually, the team with the best defense has a high likelihood of having the best defensive anchor. It stands to reason.

Then when you combine that with the individual metrics, Kawhi has Draymond beat in most every one.
They're both good and I don't have any real issues with Kawhi winning it. As a Clipper fan I'm just biased after Kawhi was embarrassed by the Clippers last year, particularly in Game 7 where Kawhi looked like he was just sleep walking. I still vividly remember when Matt Barnes effortlessly cut in front of Kawhi for an easy 2. twice.

will_spurs
04-18-2016, 11:10 AM
I was already very happy that Kawhi got the award, but all the butthurt in this thread is actually making me even happier :lol

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 11:15 AM
I was already very happy that Kawhi got the award, but all the butthurt in this thread is actually making me even happier :lol

Who is butthurt? Only a few posters had any issues with the Kawhi winning the award.
The guy defends Lebron better than anyone I have ever seen ...for that alone he deserves strong consideration as the DPOTY.

Good for him and if it makes you Spurfans happy then good for y'all too... I guess ...

daslicer
04-18-2016, 11:23 AM
They're both good and I don't have any real issues with Kawhi winning it. As a Clipper fan I'm just biased after Kawhi was embarrassed by the Clippers last year, particularly in Game 7 where Kawhi looked like he was just sleep walking. I still vividly remember when Matt Barnes effortlessly cut in front of Kawhi for an easy 2. twice.

I can definitely understand where you are coming from. Just like you are very biased against Kawhi I'm the same way against Draymond since I can't really respect him considering he's allowed to get away with hand checking, grabbing, pulling the jersey on every play. This is the same player that got shat on by Zbo most of the Grizzlies-Warriors series up until the warriors decided to play David Lee. The same player who made Tristan Thompson look like the second coming of Dennis Rodman last year up until the Warriors decided to play David Lee. Also I will be bold and say this is the same player who will get bitch slapped by Blake Griffin in the second round.

Clipper Nation
04-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Pretty big leap in time from an award handed out around April 17th-18th to the Finals which start in June ...

Did he disappear for 6 weeks?
Killacurry81 semen-shielding for his new team.

ambchang
04-18-2016, 11:41 AM
if u went be advance stats over the raw stats of spg/bpg, how many of the past winners would actually won the award?

Kawhi winning it last year wasn't some type of sin against basketball, but Duncan or Gobert or Bogut should probably have won it.

Noah in 14 was purely advanced stats, same with Gasol the year before.

Chandler, Howard, and Wallace won a few based on reputation.

Camby should never have had one.

Bowen never winning it is a joke, ditto Duncan.

Horse
04-18-2016, 12:50 PM
Exactly.

Unless you're blocking shots and getting steals at an alarming rate, which Leonard isn't . Defense in basketball is usually a team effort.

Back to back DPOY awards only solidifies Leonard's status as a system player and will make him look silly when Wardell toys with him again and again during the WCF, as he's been doing all season.

Do it without illegal screens and refs cocksucker. Gaymond is shit, gets away with murder.

Spurtacular
04-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Exactly.

Curry thanking the basketball gods for the gift (slip) :lmao

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Killacurry81 semen-shielding for his new team.

CNluvscockx100, mad because I called him out for a shitty take.
you were discussing how it did not motivate him and then brought up how he disappeared 6 weeks later.
Great example of cause and effect.

And do you have any other "burn"beside sides "semen shielding"? :lol
I think you have used up your quota for April ...

whitemamba
04-18-2016, 01:29 PM
Should of gone to green imho.

Kidd K
04-18-2016, 02:14 PM

These awards dont mean shit anyway and no one can argue Green got "robbed". It was close and Kiwi won ...

The MVP award is done in the exact same way. If you're on a shitty team, how can you be MVP? If one team's defense is NOTICABLY WORSE than another team with the other main DPOY candidate, why do you think they'd deserve the DPOY? It isn't awarded that way. Don't tell me you're one of those people who actually thought mid 30s PPG shot jacker Kobe on those shitty Laker teams deserved MVP too?

Spurs were way above GSW in defense, and thus in no way should a GSW player have gotten DPOY. It was not as "close" as GSW dick riders would have you believe. Hence why Leonard got double the first place votes as Green despite 73 wins and the Spurs losing to them twice at the end of the season AND ending the season on a down note as opposed to GSW ending on a huge up note. . .all padding Green's votes. He -still- barely got half. Because he didn't deserve it over Leonard.

I do think; however, that Duncan getting no DPOY awards in the past and it being a near consensus opinion now among experts that that is a joke is helping Kawhi gain those awards. DPOY used to be a joke award many years that they seemingly just handed to whoever had the most combined BPG and SPG stats. Now they're actually giving it to the most deserving players.

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 02:24 PM
The MVP award is done in the exact same way. If you're on a shitty team, how can you be MVP? If one team's defense is NOTICABLY WORSE than another team with the other main DPOY candidate, why do you think they'd deserve the DPOY? It isn't awarded that way. Don't tell me you're one of those people who actually thought mid 30s PPG shot jacker Kobe on those shitty Laker teams deserved MVP too?

Spurs were way above GSW in defense, and thus in no way should a GSW player have gotten DPOY. It was not as "close" as GSW dick riders would have you believe. Hence why Leonard got double the first place votes as Green despite 73 wins and the Spurs losing to them twice at the end of the season AND ending the season on a down note as opposed to GSW ending on a huge up note. . .all padding Green's votes. He -still- barely got half. Because he didn't deserve it over Leonard.

I do think; however, that Duncan getting no DPOY awards in the past and it being a near consensus opinion now among experts that that is a joke is helping Kawhi gain those awards. DPOY used to be a joke award many years that they seemingly just handed to whoever had the most combined BPG and SPG stats. Now they're actually giving it to the most deserving players.

I dont have a huge issue that Kiwi won, just with how they justify the selection. Just say by watching and or using stats you determined that KL was the most deserving ...PERIOD.
I just find using advanced metrics and then following it up with a team based supporting fact ...seems a bit hypocritical.
For me I know it might not be fair to Green but the first Cavs /Spurs game when KL locked up Lebron would have been enough for me to feel he was worthy.
I was a fine defender not a very good shooter so I know defense and KL was very deserving. that game and one of the games vs Durant were epic performances on how to play great scorers.Sure, he got help from a historic team defense but I watched him one on on one even when he had helped and he played those guys flawless and even blocked a couple Durant jumpers ...

all that being said ...just because that is how they vote MVP's doesnt mean it's right ... in fact as you said KL deserved it based on his play and the metrcis. I disagree that the Spurs overall team should be a huge factor.

KL was deserving end of story ... I was just pointing out the irony ..since team accomplishments like rings are dismissed on here.

Kidd K
04-18-2016, 02:57 PM
I dont have a huge issue that Kiwi won, just with how they justify the selection. Just say by watching and or using stats you determined that KL was the most deserving ...PERIOD.
I just find using advanced metrics and then following it up with a team based supporting fact ...seems a bit hypocritical.
For me I know it might not be fair to Green but the first Cavs /Spurs game when KL locked up Lebron would have been enough for me to feel he was worthy.
I was a fine defender not a very good shooter so I know defense and KL was very deserving. that game and one of the games vs Durant were epic performances on how to play great scorers.Sure, he got help from a historic team defense but I watched him one on on one even when he had helped and he played those guys flawless and even blocked a couple Durant jumpers ...

all that being said ...just because that is how they vote MVP's doesnt mean it's right ... in fact as you said KL deserved it based on his play and the metrcis. I disagree that the Spurs overall team should be a huge factor.

KL was deserving end of story ... I was just pointing out the irony ..since team accomplishments like rings are dismissed on here.

The team's overall performance is a factor because he's a part of it. The Spurs did not have a "historic team defense" without Kawhi. He's a big reason why it is this year.

Lemme put it this way: Will anyone remember GSW's defense this year? Nope. Meanwhile SA's D is in the record books and Kawhi had the best stats while being the best individual defender on the team.

Green doesn't amaze me on defense. I see a good player but not an outstanding one. If he got DPOY he would be on my all time least deserving of a DPOY list tbh. GSW's offense is very impressive. . .not their D. That's what you have to separate. 73 wins yes, but nowhere near the best defense. It was their offense.

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 04:39 PM
The team's overall performance is a factor because he's a part of it. The Spurs did not have a "historic team defense" without Kawhi. He's a big reason why it is this year.

Lemme put it this way: Will anyone remember GSW's defense this year? Nope. Meanwhile SA's D is in the record books and Kawhi had the best stats while being the best individual defender on the team.

Green doesn't amaze me on defense. I see a good player but not an outstanding one. If he got DPOY he would be on my all time least deserving of a DPOY list tbh. GSW's offense is very impressive. . .not their D. That's what you have to separate. 73 wins yes, but nowhere near the best defense. It was their offense.

Dont disagree.
however in the context of what we have been arguing here ..people have railed against team accomplishments in debating a player's worth versus another.
Again I have no issue with KL winning I may have voted for him too ... especially based on signature defensive games which I mentioned before.
If we are using the well that is how they decide the MVP argument ... then I would say that curry's performance vs spurs/Cavs/OKC/LAC won him that award and ...
KL's ability to lock down Lebron and Durant won it for him ....

I just dont buy the team accomplishment answer. Just say KL was flat out the better defender ..whether it was close or not. And I do think even though KL widened the gap this year by votes I do think it was still close.

But again who cares besides Green and rabid Dubs fans.

Like i said above it's not like Green got robbed or KL should be unanimous. I think the voting was fair indication that KL was better but it wasnt some mile wide gap.

Tully365
04-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Kawhi winning it last year wasn't some type of sin against basketball, but Duncan or Gobert or Bogut should probably have won it.

Noah in 14 was purely advanced stats, same with Gasol the year before.

Chandler, Howard, and Wallace won a few based on reputation.

Camby should never have had one.

Bowen never winning it is a joke, ditto Duncan.

I've always thought Bowen not winning one was probably based on some voters agreeing that he stuck his foot under shooters on purpose... that was the constant complaint from Ray Allen & others, and I think it swayed some people away from a Bowen vote. Camby was lucky to be in the pre-advanced stat era, otherwise Duncan definitely would have won at least one.

DJR210
04-18-2016, 05:19 PM

Reck
04-18-2016, 05:37 PM
This is going to make some asses sore up in here. :lol

baseline bum
04-18-2016, 05:40 PM

Holy fuck, it wasn't the guy who hit 400 threes and that no one in the league can guard?

Chris
04-18-2016, 05:44 PM
I've always thought Bowen not winning one was probably based on some voters agreeing that he stuck his foot under shooters on purpose... that was the constant complaint from Ray Allen & others, and I think it swayed some people away from a Bowen vote. Camby was lucky to be in the pre-advanced stat era, otherwise Duncan definitely would have won at least one.

Camby was really good at blocking shots on the help side. Duncan was really good at blocking shots in any situation. Duncan and Bowen both got robbed imo

DMC
04-18-2016, 05:45 PM

:lmao You're the most butthurt faggot on this forum. You get BHFOY award. Debate it.

Reck
04-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Holy fuck, it wasn't the guy who hit 400 threes and that no one in the league can guard?

in before: But...but Barnes took his cookie arguement. :cry

Arcadian
04-18-2016, 05:48 PM
Haha _raymond, fuck you.

Now we know why he has a gaping dick-recepticle where a mouth should be: he keeps getting facefucked by Kawhi.

Stevie Johnson
04-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Haha _raymond, fuck you.

Now we know why he has a gaping dick-recepticle where a mouth should be: he keeps getting facefucked by Kawhi.
You have the gene for being a faggot. Don't procreate

Chris
04-18-2016, 06:07 PM
The greatest defender of the new generation getting acknowledged for such :claw :bobo

Stalin
04-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Well deserved.

:bobo

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 06:32 PM
The greatest defender of the new generation getting acknowledged for such :claw :bobo

Cant argue tbh

Arcadian
04-18-2016, 07:25 PM
You have the gene for being a faggot. Don't procreate

Statistics show that dumber people procreate more, and smarter people procreate less. That's why the world is so fucked up, man.

midnightpulp
04-18-2016, 08:07 PM

Raymond is the most overrated defender in the league, and possibly of all-time. And the biggest myth out there surrounding him is that he can "defend all 5 positions." The Warriors have been getting beat up by opposing 4s and 5s all season. It's only when they start swarming with help that the Warriors can keep opposing bigs in check, but the metrics will credit Raymond for those stops all the same. And as ClipperNation implied, Draymond "I can guard all 5 positions" Green didn't step out and defend Lebron, that was Iggy. And it's not like they needed Raymond to defend Love, since he was out. So Raymond was left with the monumental task of guarding Tristan Thompson and/or Mozgov, and those two absolutely dominated the paint in last year's Finals.

I have no clue how his metrics are so good. But metrics aren't perfect. They rate Manu as one of the best perimeter defenders of all-time, and Manu is a decent defender, but his metrics were obviously inflated by playing alongside Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen, and now Kawhi and Danny Green for his whole career.

You could make the same argument for Kawhi, but Kawhi has become the Spurs' defensive anchor. When he was out for a few games, the Spurs defense was hideous. Duncan is still a good paint anchor, but not much else at this stage. He can't switch. Can't really guard the league's better bigs 1-on-1. Can't close out on shooters.

Also worth mentioning is that the perimeter depth across the league is way deeper than the big depth, meaning Kawhi will be tasked with much more of a load any given night than Raymond.

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2016, 08:14 PM
the mention of a has been scrub tosb is disrespecting kawhi the great

K...
04-18-2016, 08:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mOOAY1c.jpg

Kidd K
04-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Dont disagree.
however in the context of what we have been arguing here ..people have railed against team accomplishments in debating a player's worth versus another.
Again I have no issue with KL winning I may have voted for him too ... especially based on signature defensive games which I mentioned before.
If we are using the well that is how they decide the MVP argument ... then I would say that curry's performance vs spurs/Cavs/OKC/LAC won him that award and ...
KL's ability to lock down Lebron and Durant won it for him ....

I just dont buy the team accomplishment answer. Just say KL was flat out the better defender ..whether it was close or not. And I do think even though KL widened the gap this year by votes I do think it was still close.

But again who cares besides Green and rabid Dubs fans.

Like i said above it's not like Green got robbed or KL should be unanimous. I think the voting was fair indication that KL was better but it wasnt some mile wide gap.

Here's the thing: The Spurs as a team have a great defense in no small part because of Kawhi. His defensive ability is what helps make the team's defense what it is. Thus, how good the team's defense is is part of the argument. That's why I brought up why a 35-40 PPG scorer doesn't deserve MVP if his team is barely .500 or even less. If he was that valuable his team would be better. By the same token, if Green was so great, they wouldn't be bottom 10 in points allowed and closer to bottom 15 than they are to the Spurs in defensive rating, especially when you also have two other great defenders on the team who are already known for it (Bogut, Iguodala).

Imo the voting gap actually should have been bigger. Green got 73 wins votes, which had way more to do with Curry and their offense than it did Green and their defense (Which is why Curry deserves the MVP and will for sure get it). But at the end of the day, the right player won DPOY imo. It's just that I don't think Green's argument was as strong as it's being made out to be. No one should be upset by it besides the people you mentioned (Green and Warriors "fans").

Anyway, back to watching OKC choke vs the Mavs. :lol

Stevie Johnson
04-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Here's the thing: The Spurs as a team have a great defense in no small part because of Kawhi. His defensive ability is what helps make the team's defense what it is. Thus, how good the team's defense is is part of the argument. That's why I brought up why a 35-40 PPG scorer doesn't deserve MVP if his team is barely .500 or even less. If he was that valuable his team would be better. By the same token, if Green was so great, they wouldn't be bottom 10 in points allowed and closer to bottom 15 than they are to the Spurs in defensive rating, especially when you also have two other great defenders on the team who are already known for it (Bogut, Iguodala).

Imo the voting gap actually should have been bigger. Green got 73 wins votes, which had way more to do with Curry and their offense than it did Green and their defense (Which is why Curry deserves the MVP and will for sure get it). But at the end of the day, the right player won DPOY imo. It's just that I don't think Green's argument was as strong as it's being made out to be. No one should be upset by it besides the people you mentioned (Green and Warriors "fans").

Anyway, back to watching OKC choke vs the Mavs. :lol
faggot

Stevie Johnson
04-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Statistics show that dumber people procreate more, and smarter people procreate less. That's why the world is so fucked up, man.
I like how you're trying to be friendly. This is the thing though: I'm not friendly.

William Hung
04-18-2016, 08:54 PM
I like how you're trying to be friendly. This is the thing though: I'm not friendly.

https://s15-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fidesh.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F05%2Fdegrasse-meme.jpg&sp=b6af4a61f0076a810f389a106c18f79c

Leetonidas
04-18-2016, 08:59 PM

we all know you favorite dish to prepare is the cockmeat sandwich. faggot

Leetonidas
04-18-2016, 09:01 PM

:lmao this cocksucking bandwagon fan

LkrFan
04-18-2016, 09:03 PM

Spur Nation

LkrFan
04-18-2016, 09:08 PM
MJ wagged his tongue:

http://www.tonguetown.com/assets/images/MJ.jpg

Kiwi bites his:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xEv8cQW1Lzs/hqdefault.jpg

:lol

DMC
04-18-2016, 09:14 PM
http://i0.wp.com/radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ej-johnson-skirt-weight-loss-photos-01.jpg?fit=700%2C615

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/01/23/03/307C56AF00000578-3413010-image-m-85_1453520361302.jpg

midnightpulp
04-18-2016, 09:21 PM
Spur Nation

You're salty about this, ain't ya :lol?

HI-FI
04-18-2016, 09:24 PM
MJ wagged his tongue:

http://www.tonguetown.com/assets/images/MJ.jpg

Kiwi bites his:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xEv8cQW1Lzs/hqdefault.jpg

:lol
Quesarito, i noticed you haven't talked about this gif. your god doesn't look too good in retrospect
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/mj.gif?w=1000

K...
04-18-2016, 09:32 PM
Do i need to post my "you mad" meme again? I want to but i am not an attention whore. I just a fair bit of mad in these most recent posts and i think it might be spot on. PLz advise.

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2016, 01:17 AM
2dpoy> kirbys 12 first team all defensive, lol reputation

Kidd K
04-19-2016, 01:59 AM
faggot

Bandwagonging pussy.

Robz4000
04-19-2016, 07:20 AM

Makes sense. Lakerfan's new team got "slighted" here.

Killakobe81
04-19-2016, 07:49 AM
2dpoy> kirbys 12 first team all defensive, lol reputation

Kiwi is a great defensive player ...
Kobe was a player who could play great defense when locked in ...

I dont tjink anyone not even Kobe fan can argue he was a better game in game out defender ...

LkrFan
05-03-2016, 12:22 AM

Is this how he won?