PDA

View Full Version : MVParker

100%duncan
04-18-2016, 10:30 AM
5th all time in playoffs assists. :wow

:worthy:

SASdynasty!
04-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Should pass Bird next round to be 10th all time in playoff scoring.

TXstbobcat
04-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Should pass Bird next round to be 10th all time in playoff scoring.

Parker is 10th currently. Will move into ninth when he passes Bird. :toast

TheGreatYacht
04-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Legend

will_spurs
04-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Parker is 10th currently. Will move into ninth when he passes Bird. :toast

Depends if you're looking at the NBA or NBA/ABA list. He's one lower (11th) on the NBA/ABA list and I think it's fair because it combines Dr J's ABA and NBA seasons.

steeledl
04-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Just legend things....

hater
04-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Top 10 PG in the history if the game.

apalisoc_9
04-18-2016, 01:30 PM

:lmao

will_spurs
04-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Only player with Lebron James to be at the same time top 10 in points and top 5 in assists in the playoffs.

DarrinS
04-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Better than Farmar.

TheGreatYacht
04-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Better than 2014-2015 Matt Barnes, tbh.. Not a lot of players on the team can say that

SpursforSix
04-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Longevity stat. Also a function of the NBA going to a 7 game series for the 1st round.

will_spurs
04-18-2016, 01:44 PM
Longevity stat.

Yeah because there are so many players who have never missed the playoffs even once in their career.

DarrinS
04-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Better than 2014-2015 Matt Barnes, tbh.. Not a lot of players on the team can say that

Still pushing this dumb narrative. Smh

Yeah, Barnes was so epic that year that the Clips dumped him the next year.

TheDoctor
04-18-2016, 01:47 PM
Better than 38 y/o Terry Porter :wow:worthy:

SpursforSix
04-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Yeah because there are so many players who have never missed the playoffs even once in their career.

sorry...I was unclear. I'm not saying it's not impressive. But that it's not really due to him being a great assist guy. Just that the Spurs have had so many playoff games and that there are more playoff games now.
Wasn't meant to be a Parker bash. Just an observation.

will_spurs
04-18-2016, 02:21 PM
sorry...I was unclear. I'm not saying it's not impressive. But that it's not really due to him being a great assist guy. Just that the Spurs have had so many playoff games and that there are more playoff games now.
Wasn't meant to be a Parker bash. Just an observation.

It's clear that there's an aspect of longevity. It's basically impossible to reach this kind of heights without deep playoff runs every season (or almost). However it's not sufficient either. Guys like Fisher and Horry have more playoff games but fewer minutes and aren't sniffing the top 10 in the main categories (they are around #50-60 in points and #40 in assists).

That's why there's something legendary about it: it's an elite club in many ways. First a player needs to be good enough to be on that kind of team, and be selected by the coach to play in those games. Then he has to deliver, night in night out, over a whole career, against the top opponents of his era. There's a lot less opportunity for stat-padding in the playoffs, blowouts are rare and in many cases the top players just sit and rest if that's the case.

In short, yes it's a longevity stat, but it adds to the aura, not the opposite. You can get carried to 250 playoff games or 7 championships. You can't get carried to top 10 points and top 5 assists all-time in the playoffs.

cd98
04-18-2016, 02:45 PM
Better than Farmar.

If only he could face Farmer in the next three rounds.

SAGirl
04-18-2016, 02:49 PM
It's clear that there's an aspect of longevity. It's basically impossible to reach this kind of heights without deep playoff runs every season (or almost). However it's not sufficient either. Guys like Fisher and Horry have more playoff games but fewer minutes and aren't sniffing the top 10 in the main categories (they are around #50-60 in points and #40 in assists).

That's why there's something legendary about it: it's an elite club in many ways. First a player needs to be good enough to be on that kind of team, and be selected by the coach to play in those games. Then he has to deliver, night in night out, over a whole career, against the top opponents of his era. There's a lot less opportunity for stat-padding in the playoffs, blowouts are rare and in many cases the top players just sit and rest if that's the case.

In short, yes it's a longevity stat, but it adds to the aura, not the opposite. You can get carried to 250 playoff games or 7 championships. You can't get carried to top 10 points and top 5 assists all-time in the playoffs.
Good points. :toast

$pursDynasty
04-18-2016, 03:14 PM

I think the ST term is truth nuke :soapbox:. A very well thought out post

EVAY
04-18-2016, 03:59 PM

Extraordinarily well said. Thank you.

SupremeGuy
04-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Cat crew bathing in salty tears right now. :lol

apalisoc_9
04-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Vagina takes :lol

Arcadian
04-18-2016, 05:36 PM

It's actually possible. When you look at most people's lists, they all have ancient guys like Nate Archibald and Walt Frazier on there. Parker could be better than them.

boutons_deux
04-18-2016, 05:39 PM
they all have ancient guys

ever watch Bob Cousy dribble? :lol

Stabula
Vagina takes :lol

It's pathetic how much you post and how often Parker is on your mind. It's good to not be you.

Arcadian
Longevity stat. Also a function of the NBA going to a 7 game series for the 1st round.

It is, but it's still a great achievement. Many of Duncan's accolades are also longevity-based, but nobody is trying to diminish those. (He also had an amazing prime, but still. Most of his records are longevity-based.)

spurraider21
04-18-2016, 05:42 PM
It's pathetic how much you post and how often Parker is on your mind. It's good to not be you.
i think parker erin barry'd him, tbh

i'm assuming with his aunt

Chris
04-18-2016, 05:47 PM
ever watch Bob Cousy dribble? :lol

You think he could get away with that shit in today's game? I'm torn on either: running circles around everyone or turnover machine.

boutons_deux
04-18-2016, 06:02 PM
You think he could get away with that shit in today's game? I'm torn on either: running circles around everyone or turnover machine.

of course not. But in the static, all-white game of his day, he was a ball-handling wizard.

Chris
04-18-2016, 06:08 PM
of course not. But in the static, all-white game of his day, he was a ball-handling wizard.

He was a pioneer no doubt, but I agree with some that he couldn't make a D-League team in today's game.

100%duncan
04-18-2016, 08:27 PM
I didnt want this to be a krew vs krew thread tbh... I was genuinely shocked with this stat, pretty amazing feat. And also top 10 in scoring? :wow

will_spurs
04-19-2016, 10:33 AM
I didnt want this to be a krew vs krew thread tbh... I was genuinely shocked with this stat, pretty amazing feat. And also top 10 in scoring? :wow

He's also #8 in games so that clearly helps. Re: points as I said he's 10th in "pure NBA", 11th if you count Dr J's ABA points.

http://i.imgur.com/rYA2HT2.png

http://i.imgur.com/lqMnTnE.png

$pursDynasty
04-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Tony might catch Larry and Tim could catch Shaq this year :toast

hater
04-19-2016, 01:53 PM
Head of da snake and all that jizz....

steeledl
04-19-2016, 01:54 PM

Bruh, what did you expect...... Every positive Parker thread has people who shit on him then it is a pissing contest. Rinse and repeat.