PDA

View Full Version : NBA: How would you feel if Curry was the first unanimous MVP?

04-18-2016, 12:15 PM
Would you feel it's well deserved or others deserve a couple votes?(LeBron, Kawhi, etc)

Koolaid_Man
04-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Like Tony the Tiger :lol

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2016, 12:31 PM
i dont expect him to be winning by alot of votes...

K...
04-18-2016, 12:35 PM

Who? The cereal thing?

It won't be an issue. Curry has been good, combined with others being meh. Playoffs LeBron is probably still better than playoffs curry. But this regular season, so curry wins.

It's a group think thing, but it makes sense that the unanimous vote goes to a record setting regular season team.

Spurtacular
04-18-2016, 12:39 PM
It won't happen; so, I'm not worried, tbh.

Obstructed_View
04-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Someone will vote for Kobe.

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Shaq in 2000 was probably the most no doubt about it and he did not get it ...
So i expect at least one media clown to make some kind of alternative argument for Kiwi, Russ or LeBron
Also Lebron had a few no doubt about it seasons and should have been a unanimous selection as well.

IF the two most dominating pohysical players who also had a high skill level (especially James) did not sweep 100% of the 1st place votes, I doubt steph does ...

Kidd K
04-18-2016, 01:55 PM
It won't make me feel anything except: "These voters were pretty shitty and dumb to not unanimously vote certain other players in the past as unanimous MVP", since there have been better clear cut MVPs than Curry tbh.

I. Hustle
04-18-2016, 02:10 PM
Who cares? He's going to get it and that's that.

RsxPiimp
04-18-2016, 02:45 PM

bwahaha

RsxPiimp
04-18-2016, 02:46 PM
So i expect at least one media clown to make some kind of alternative argument for Kiwi, Russ or LeBron
Also Lebron had a few no doubt about it seasons and should have been a unanimous selection as well.

IF the two most dominating pohysical players who also had a high skill level (especially James) did not sweep 100% of the 1st place votes, I doubt steph does ...

still can't believe shall has only one. 1 MVP, tells you a lot about this dang mvp award :lol

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 02:49 PM
still can't believe shall has only one. 1 MVP, tells you a lot about this dang mvp award :lol

No doubt about it. Spurfan loves to point out that Kobe only has one ...
but Shaq only having one and Malone winning over jordan ...
Nash winning backtoback in Kobe and Lebron's prime
Rose over LeBron ...

are all examples of that shitty award ...

I. Hustle
04-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Rose over LeBron ...

I'll agree with that. Shaq could have had one in Orlando too lol

whitemamba
04-18-2016, 03:39 PM
I wouldnt be surprised, and he should be tbh, 73-9 - best shooter, best team, blowing teams out left and right, barley playing 4th quarters, wtf more do you want.

DMC
04-18-2016, 05:47 PM
I'd be ok with it. Some loner is going to vote Lebron or Westbrook just to get their name mentioned.

Chris
04-18-2016, 06:03 PM
He deserves it, but with all that illegal offense and defense Warrioref get away with, and Kerr's shit-eating grin: I don't have to like it.

04-18-2016, 07:14 PM

IF the two most dominating pohysical players who also had a high skill level (especially James) did not sweep 100% of the 1st place votes, I doubt steph does ...Ive been seeing this a lot, except they've been using it as an argument for why Steph shouldn't win MVP. Because voters fucked up in the past, Steph doesn't deserve the unanimous vote, even though 10/10 people believe he's the MVP :lol

littleavery1948
04-18-2016, 07:25 PM
We've seen things from Curry that no one has ever seen. We have never seen a season as strong as Curry. I will declare the voting rigged if he doesn't win unanimous MVP. Curry changed the game globally; Jordan changed the game, but not to the extent that Steph has, mainly because most people can't dunk, but they can shoot.

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2016, 07:43 PM
We've seen things from Curry that no one has ever seen. We have never seen a season as strong as Curry. I will declare the voting rigged if he doesn't win unanimous MVP. Curry changed the game globally; Jordan changed the game, but not to the extent that Steph has, mainly because most people can't dunk, but they can shoot.

nothing more then a overglorified steve nash given the green light to chuck...

Cry Havoc
04-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Rose over LeBron ...

The fact that Duncan doesn't have a single DPOY means all of those committee awards are fucking worthless.

Still happy that Kawhi got the DPOY, and with modern advanced stats we might see more Guard/Forward players get considered instead of who leads the league in blocks. 15 years ago Whiteside would have won the DPOY without even a second thought.

PopTheGOAT
04-18-2016, 08:46 PM
Ariza got a DPOY vote (3rd place, I know), someone will not vote for Curry. Multiple people, most likely.

Arcadian
04-18-2016, 08:57 PM
The fact that Duncan doesn't have a single DPOY means all of those committee awards are fucking worthless.

Still happy that Kawhi got the DPOY, and with modern advanced stats we might see more Guard/Forward players get considered instead of who leads the league in blocks. 15 years ago Whiteside would have won the DPOY without even a second thought.

So maybe the awards have become more meaningful. Duncan's prime was pre-advanced stats/pre-new media, unfortunately, but Kawhi will receive the praise he deserves.

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 09:00 PM

Great points.
I do think Steph deserves unanimous ...
But the media are idiots tbh

DMC
04-18-2016, 09:09 PM
There aren't that many great defenders now. You have to defend the perimeter instead of the paint most often. In Duncan's day there were several paint defenders and some good perimeter defense. It didn't help he played alongside Robinson then Bowen and now Kawhi. Hard to be noticed as much when you have that level of defense on your team.

Cry Havoc
04-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Great points.
I do think Steph deserves unanimous ...
But the media are idiots tbh

All you need to do to see how insane Steph is is how much worse off the Warriors are when he sits.

73-9 with him. Pull Curry and I bet that team has trouble winning 55 games, especially considering how many close ones they had down the stretch.

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 09:53 PM
All you need to do to see how insane Steph is is how much worse off the Warriors are when he sits.

73-9 with him. Pull Curry and I bet that team has trouble winning 55 games, especially considering how many close ones they had down the stretch.

Agreed.

Obstructed_View
04-18-2016, 10:06 PM
Rose over LeBron ...

One of those trophies is Lebron's and one is Shaq's.

Killakobe81
04-18-2016, 10:18 PM
One of those trophies is Lebron's and one is Shaq's.

I dont care .. who they belonged to ...no way nash is back2back mvp and i would be fine with him getting one ...

Xevious
04-18-2016, 11:48 PM
Would have no issue with it, very much deserved.

ploto
04-19-2016, 12:26 AM
Someone who covers the Spurs will vote for Kawhi - guaranteed!

Mitch
04-19-2016, 12:39 AM
Man shot over 400 3s, lead the greatest season record and this season will be talked about for decades to come if he wins it all.

No reason whatsoever to vote in kawtistic leonard

phyzik
04-19-2016, 12:40 AM
Even as a Spurs fan, I dont know who else comes close to Steph... Not even Kawhi.... Sure, The Klaw does it on both ends, but Curry's offensive production was just bat shit crazy this season. 402 3's.... ridiculous..... The dude was unconscious for the entire regular season, hitting bullshit shot after bullshit shot like it was nothing, even walking away with his back turned after he released knowing he made it at some points.

For fucks sake, EA Sports had to modify their game because video game Curry wasn't able to keep up with Real Life Curry....

Read that last sentence again and let that sink in....

The only other game that I can remember with such an overpowered player was Tecmo Bowl with Bo Jackson.

That is some insane shit when someone puts up stats better than a video game version of themselves.

It should be unanimous.

That said, from what I hear, the dude has serious ankle issues (not even counting this last sprain the other night). His career will probably be over quickly.... probably faster than Gilbert Arenas' career.... That's a shame.

tbdog
04-19-2016, 05:19 AM
TD didn't even win unanimous rookie of the year. Van Horn got a vote. lol

Killakobe81
04-19-2016, 07:13 AM
TD didn't even win unanimous rookie of the year. Van Horn got a vote. lol

Exactly. what a dumbass. That dude should be shot ...