PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Durant with the most playoff misses since ...

Killakobe81
04-19-2016, 07:12 AM
Click here for ESPN story (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15234707/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-ties-michael-jordan-most-playoff-misses-1997)

I know you thought it was the recently retired one ... :lol but no, it was the GOAT, MJ ...back in 1997

Look we all know MJ is the best player or at least he is the best I have ever seen. None of the recent greats Not Shaq, not Kobe, not even Duncan have been able to surpass him individually or lead a team to more rings. I used to think LeBron had a chance to eclipse him but the slim chance he had seems even slimmer now.

But ...

Stats like these show that Jordan wasnt some God level player that no one can ever surpass.
He had bad playoff games and inconsistent series. Like any other star.
Even a few struggles in playoff games.

None of that means he isnt the GOAt ... because he has some of the best playoff finals performances we have ever seen. But to hear some of his fans and media supporters tell it, he was always clutch. He never choked and these modern players like Durant dont even belong in the same breath.

Look at that series in 1997 ... I remember that series.

Game 2

Jordan 4 of 15 for 23 pts (15 of 16 Ft's) 9 rebs 3 assists and 4 steals ... Orating = 115 Drating = 76 in 43 minutes

Game 4

Jordan 9 for 35 for 29 points (11 of 13 Ft's) 8 rebs 1 assist and 1 steal Orating = 91 Drating = 110 in 45 minutes :wow

Again Jordan is still GOAT and even when MJ was bricking he still dropped 20, rebounded amazingly for a SG and at times especially in Game 2 played some really good defense.

But those haters laughing at KD last night would you have done the same to MJ in 1997?

K...
04-19-2016, 09:18 AM
Jordan 6

Durant one huge cuck by LeBron.

Seriously has Durant ever had nasty and dominating playoff run where you knew he wanted it more than anyone else? Don't see the point in comparing beta players with alphas.

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2016, 09:20 AM
beta cuck doing beta cuck things, nothing to see here

Killakobe81
04-19-2016, 10:38 AM
Jordan 6

Durant one huge cuck by LeBron.

Seriously has Durant ever had nasty and dominating playoff run where you knew he wanted it more than anyone else? Don't see the point in comparing beta players with alphas.

Just asking the question ...
At the time Jordan missed those shots he already had rings on his fingers which of course mattters.
My point was more along the lines MJ never got criticized for that game ...
Durant is ...is that fair?

the answer may be yes ...but just asking.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2016, 10:46 AM
He will be fine....he's planning his exit strategy tbh.. :lol

whitemamba
04-19-2016, 01:00 PM
Keep shooting my nig

Kawhitstorm
04-19-2016, 01:14 PM
Click here for ESPN story (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15234707/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-ties-michael-jordan-most-playoff-misses-1997)

I know you thought it was the recently retired one ... :lol but no, it was the GOAT, MJ ...back in 1997

Jorn post retirement 95-98 was quite like the original 23. You are out here trying to compare PEAK KD to tail-end-of-prime Jorn.:sleep

There is a reason why folks who actually watched the Bulls rather than skimmed their records considering the first 3-peat squad to be superior to the second 3-peat squad.

It would be like trying to compare 2-peat LeBron to the current version.:lol (Bron shot 39% in two different series last season)

spurraider21
04-19-2016, 01:24 PM
I know you thought it was the recently retired one ...
i would hardly call 2013 recent

DAF86
04-19-2016, 01:39 PM
I know you thought it was the recently retired one ... :lol

Mmmh, no. Because it was you who posted the thread.

Splits
04-19-2016, 04:22 PM
i would hardly call 2013 recent

:lol

lefty20
04-19-2016, 04:49 PM
Just asking the question ...
At the time Jordan missed those shots he already had rings on his fingers which of course mattters.
My point was more along the lines MJ never got criticized for that game ...
Durant is ...is that fair?

the answer may be yes ...but just asking.

Game is looked at much differently now than it was back then. Also, I'm sure MJ had his fair share of critics as well, it's the lack of outlets that we have available to day that kept them quiet.