PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: real talk, how do you fix houston?

RsxPiimp
04-19-2016, 02:16 PM
do you keep or trade harden? what's their FA options? whiteside? etc...

spursfan1000
04-19-2016, 02:25 PM
Looking at their Roster they should let Howard leave, which I believe that's their plan. They should also get rid of Josh Smith, Michael Beasley and Jason Terry. Beasley and Smith are both ball stoppers and Terry is just old. They still have nice assets in Harden, Montiejunas, Capela and Terrance Jones. Ariza Beverly and Brewer need to probably leave too, not because of their talent but because this rockets teams just needs a complete overhaul, somewhat of what the blazers did this season with addition by subtraction.

RsxPiimp
04-19-2016, 02:35 PM
Looking at their Roster they should let Howard leave, which I believe that's their plan. They should also get rid of Josh Smith, Michael Beasley and Jason Terry. Beasley and Smith are both ball stoppers and Terry is just old. They still have nice assets in Harden, Montiejunas, Capela and Terrance Jones. Ariza Beverly and Brewer need to probably leave too, not because of their talent but because this rockets teams just needs a complete overhaul, somewhat of what the blazers did this season with addition by subtraction.
wow, honestly I never paid much attention to this team something about harden that makes the whole game unwatchable lol but how can a guy known for analytics bring josh smith, meichael Beasley, ty Lawson and Dwight howard in the same locker room :lmao

~O~
04-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Draft.

Mitch
04-19-2016, 03:59 PM
Blow it up like we should blow up Iran, tbh

StrengthAndHonor
04-19-2016, 04:27 PM
Isn't Harden tied up for another 5 yrs/$100 mil? That's going to be pretty hard to move. I thought their off season plan is to go after Durant...

spursfan1000
04-19-2016, 05:19 PM
wow, honestly I never paid much attention to this team something about harden that makes the whole game unwatchable lol but how can a guy known for analytics bring josh smith, meichael Beasley, ty Lawson and Dwight howard in the same locker room :lmao

yeah they are very painful to watch

djohn2oo8
04-19-2016, 05:22 PM
Isn't Harden tied up for another 5 yrs/$100 mil? That's going to be pretty hard to move. I thought their off season plan is to go after Durant...

He hasnt signed a new contract yet.

djohn2oo8
04-19-2016, 05:23 PM
Blow it up. Letting Howard leave will have immediate results. See what you can get for Harden. Better trade him now before he is close to the end of his contract. Bringing in a new coach won't do anything. Its the culture that must change and i dont see it changing under two snakes in Alexander and Morey.

djohn2oo8
04-19-2016, 05:28 PM
When JVG doesn't want to comeback because he doesn't ttrust the owner, it's time for new ownership.

tonight...you
04-19-2016, 05:41 PM
When JVG doesn't want to comeback because he doesn't ttrust the owner, it's time for new ownership.
Damn. That's ugly. I knew he was let go and the feelings were not amicable, but damn.

Kidd K
04-19-2016, 07:08 PM
You stop recruiting arrogant head cases and hire a harsher coach. I don't think McHale was as bad as people think, just look at who he has. Some guy who gets 50% more FTAs per FGA as Michael Jordan and STILL shoots a shitty FG% and plays no defense whatsoever. That's your "star". Then you have Dwight "I never take anything seriously" Howard as your 2nd.

Both guys need to be chucked and replaced.

djohn2oo8
04-19-2016, 07:23 PM
You stop recruiting arrogant head cases and hire a harsher coach. I don't think McHale was as bad as people think, just look at who he has. Some guy who gets 50% more FTAs per FGA as Michael Jordan and STILL shoots a shitty FG% and plays no defense whatsoever. That's your "star". Then you have Dwight "I never take anything seriously" Howard as your 2nd.

Go look at McHale's record before he got to Houston. Being a players coach did not help anything.

RsxPiimp
04-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Blow it up. Letting Howard leave will have immediate results. See what you can get for Harden. Better trade him now before he is close to the end of his contract. Bringing in a new coach won't do anything. Its the culture that must change and i dont see it changing under two snakes in Alexander and Morey.

trade you randle, nick young and lou will plus fillers?

dbestpro
04-19-2016, 08:25 PM
Trade Harden, let Howard walk and go sign the five nastiest players you can find. Go Pistons old school on the league. They won't call a foul on every play, and eventually your rugged defense will be allowed.

djohn2oo8
04-19-2016, 08:32 PM
Trade Harden, let Howard walk and go sign the five nastiest players you can find. Go Pistons old school on the league. They won't call a foul on every play, and eventually your rugged defense will be allowed.

This. Morey needs to be canned or stripped of power. The coach should have say over the style of play, not the GM.

djohn2oo8
04-19-2016, 08:32 PM
trade you randle, nick young and lou will plus fillers?

Gotta throw in some picks.

Spurs9
04-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Harden is the real problem, you need to get rid of harden and howard. Im convinced Howard would have been more engaged without Harden. Maybe get Thibbs as HC.

hater
04-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Yup it starts with the owner IMO.

As long as that retard is in charge no amounts of overhaul will fix it :lol

baseline bum
04-19-2016, 10:48 PM
You nuke that piece of shit city just like in ID4

baseline bum
04-19-2016, 10:51 PM
But first wait for the water to recede so the radiation isn't carried into the gulf tbh

RsxPiimp
04-19-2016, 11:17 PM
But first wait for the water to recede so the radiation isn't carried into the gulf tbh

i like humor :lmao

Biernutz
04-20-2016, 12:19 AM
Get rid of Howard. He is a underachieving cancer of a teamate and a coach killer.
Howard should have been a superstar but the guy has a attude that just a waste
of talent.

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2016, 12:27 AM

Mugen
04-20-2016, 12:39 AM

:lol

Caltex2
04-20-2016, 12:57 AM

I wasn't a fan of McHale when he was hired and that proved itself out. Morey, for the genius he was supposed to be, could have done much better. He could have even tried something like John Calipari or Rick Pitino, who failed because they took over bad organizations (the Nets and Celtics at the time) in their first NBA stint.

djohn2oo8
04-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Harden is the real problem, you need to get rid of harden and howard. Im convinced Howard would have been more engaged without Harden. Maybe get Thibbs as HC.

Howard was going to be disengaged even if Harden wasnt there because no one can pass him the ball.

djohn2oo8
04-20-2016, 09:42 AM

No need to do that. We arent overrun by slores and fat beaners with a minimum of 3 baby strollers like at Northstar mall.

baseline bum
04-20-2016, 10:08 AM
No need to do that. We arent overrun by slores and fat beaners with a minimum of 3 baby strollers like at Northstar mall.

http://www.mensfitness.com/weight-loss/burn-fat-fast/the-fittest-and-fattest-cities-in-america
FATTEST CITY: HOUSTON

We’ll spare you the predictable Texas-size jokes, but one thing Houston seems to maintain— and expand yearly—is the circumference of its collective paunch. Fine, we threw one in anyway, but it couldn’t be helped, because, according to the CDC, a whopping 34% of H-Town residents are overweight. In previous surveys we’d claimed Houston was on the upswing in the weight-loss department, but there’s evidently been a bit of a regression since we last checked in. It could be the heat. Houston typically suffers through a hundred or more days each year with temperatures in excess of 90Åã, combined with relative humidity that rivals Manila’s. The city’s average commute—27.5 minutes, primarily by car since Houston lacks a comprehensive mass-transit system—also plays a major role in keeping Houstonians seated and sedentary. “It’s just not a place that’s conducive to getting out and doing stuff,” says longtime resident Kent Martin, a competitive runner and MMA coach, “and that’s because of the humidity. It’s brutal here in the summer.”

baseline bum
04-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Plus you guys took in half of the Ninth Ward after Katrina.

Double-Up
04-20-2016, 10:49 AM
do you keep or trade harden? what's their FA options? whiteside? etc...

Lakerfan worrying about how to fix the Rockets? Worry about your own shitty team. :lol

StrengthAndHonor
04-20-2016, 10:57 AM
I'm hearing Oladipo, Gordon and picks for Harden too.

Spurs9
04-20-2016, 02:08 PM
Good trade, both dudes with level heads and not mental midgets.

Raven
04-20-2016, 02:20 PM
very simple, tank for 6-7 years and draft well.

Caltex2
04-20-2016, 02:23 PM
http://www.mensfitness.com/weight-loss/burn-fat-fast/the-fittest-and-fattest-cities-in-america
FATTEST CITY: HOUSTON

We’ll spare you the predictable Texas-size jokes, but one thing Houston seems to maintain— and expand yearly—is the circumference of its collective paunch. Fine, we threw one in anyway, but it couldn’t be helped, because, according to the CDC, a whopping 34% of H-Town residents are overweight. In previous surveys we’d claimed Houston was on the upswing in the weight-loss department, but there’s evidently been a bit of a regression since we last checked in. It could be the heat. Houston typically suffers through a hundred or more days each year with temperatures in excess of 90Åã, combined with relative humidity that rivals Manila’s. The city’s average commute—27.5 minutes, primarily by car since Houston lacks a comprehensive mass-transit system—also plays a major role in keeping Houstonians seated and sedentary. “It’s just not a place that’s conducive to getting out and doing stuff,” says longtime resident Kent Martin, a competitive runner and MMA coach, “and that’s because of the humidity. It’s brutal here in the summer.”

You know San Antonio suffers from the same issues. Even you guys among yourselves poke fun at the girth and unattractiveness of San Antonio women.

RsxPiimp
04-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Lakerfan worrying about how to fix the Rockets? Worry about your own shitty team. :lol

we set for real homie, whiteside, ingram or simmons will take us to that level :hat so sit yo butt down and watch how real teams do it. :lol

I. Hustle
04-20-2016, 02:37 PM
we set for rear homie, whiteside, ingram or simmons wirr take us to that rever :hat so sit yo butt down and watch how rear teams do it. :lol

fify

baseline bum
04-20-2016, 02:40 PM
You know San Antonio suffers from the same issues. Even you guys among yourselves poke fun at the girth and unattractiveness of San Antonio women.

Just saying he has no room, Houston is full of fat bitches too.

~O~
04-20-2016, 02:46 PM
That's a joke a complete joke. How do you think our management ended up with Oladipo and Gordon? Competence.

RsxPiimp
04-20-2016, 03:38 PM
fify

damn u racist as hell ...smh

I. Hustle
04-20-2016, 03:39 PM
claw

It's with a K

so for you it would be

Kraw

djohn2oo8
04-20-2016, 05:51 PM
Just saying he has no room, Houston is full of fat bitches too.

Um. San Antonio is number 8 in the country. Houston not even in the top 20. :lol

https://wallethub.com/edu/fattest-cities-in-america/10532/

sook
04-20-2016, 06:05 PM
why don't all of you go fuck off then.

djohn2oo8
04-20-2016, 06:28 PM

You alright dude? :lol

Kidd K
04-20-2016, 11:58 PM
Go look at McHale's record before he got to Houston. Being a players coach did not help anything.

Are you talking about his 2nd season coaching the T Wolves? They won less games both before and after he coached that one year. The team was bad. He had a .613 record his first season coaching them (when they were decent). In fact they only won 15 games the year after he left. Also team was 4-15 before he coached that season, 20-63 when he coached. Not great, but better + the team was not doing well anyway tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
04-21-2016, 12:43 AM
That's a joke a complete joke. How do you think our management ended up with Oladipo and Gordon? Competence.
It's not a joke. Harden remains in the upper tier. For all we know, this is simply is a down season for him. He's still an elite scorer even without the absurd amount of free throws.

StrengthAndHonor
04-21-2016, 12:43 AM
:lol What's up bro?

djohn2oo8
04-21-2016, 05:26 AM
From what i hear, in pre camp the demeanor of the whole team was a carefree type of attitude. The culture must change and the new coach must have SOME power.

sook
04-21-2016, 11:49 PM
:lol What's up bro?

not much man, lost count of the cuts down my arms from the rockets :lol

sook
04-21-2016, 11:51 PM
You alright dude? :lol

reference :lol :

http://i.imgur.com/P5uUsUO.gif

Xevious
04-22-2016, 01:10 AM
After that last display I don't see how you keep this team intact. Have a fire sale and get what ever draft picks and loose change other teams are willing to give up. Start the fuck over.

djohn2oo8
04-22-2016, 05:22 AM
After that last display I don't see how you keep this team intact. Have a fire sale and get what ever draft picks and loose change other teams are willing to give up. Start the fuck over.

Draft picks for who? They fucked up and didn't get anything for Dwight.

djohn2oo8
04-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Blow it up or not, you must first change the philosophy and find a coach. No more meddling with the style of play.

Xevious
04-22-2016, 08:19 AM
Draft picks for who? They fucked up and didn't get anything for Dwight.

No idea honestly. But that team has no heart and needs to be gutted.

djohn2oo8
04-22-2016, 09:45 AM
No idea honestly. But that team has no heart and needs to be gutted.

Organization first. You bring in different players and results will be the same if there is no chemistry.

MultiTroll
04-22-2016, 09:53 AM
Larry Brown Sports with video too:

Rockets’ bench surprisingly unenthusiastic after James Harden shot

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/rockets-bench-reaction-james-harden-shot/301838

They do make the caveat that Golden was still going to get one possession, but still. They guys must hate playing with Kobme Jr.

djohn2oo8
04-22-2016, 12:49 PM
^Brewer is garbage. Jones is garbage. Terry is a fossil and Garbage. Dwight cant hit a free throw to save his life. Ariza almost gave the game away twice. None of them should have the nerve to be blaming anyone else.

RsxPiimp
04-22-2016, 02:38 PM
didn't know there's so much dysfunction with houstons front office, man I thought ours wuz bad :lol ish opened a can of worms lol. it's ok djohnn2888, you got civial war in a couple more weeks to ease your all your disappointments and dark thoughts :lol

djohn2oo8
04-22-2016, 02:40 PM
didn't know there's so much dysfunction with houstons front office, man I thought ours wuz bad :lol ish opened a can of worms lol. it's ok djohnn2888, you got civial war in a couple more weeks to ease your all your disappointments and dark thoughts :lol

Its worse in the Lakers case though. Mainly because who doesn't want to live and play in LA?

RsxPiimp
04-22-2016, 02:49 PM
Its worse in the Lakers case though. Mainly because who doesn't want to live and play in LA?

heck man, im sure a lot of people still do. Coachella is right around there all the elite models, rad people in the biz and dopest fashion trends are all in LA. if you have money that's the best place to go. ive been there once and I was mesmerized but I wouldn't want to leave there since I don't make 6 figures :lol

Stabula
04-22-2016, 10:58 PM
Houston needs Carlesimo to slap some sense into Houston's players. Especially Harden.

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 03:26 AM

At least we got to be in ID4. San Antonio only gets Westerns and that Whoopi Goldberg movie "Eddie." I do like that you answered the title though, that was funny but leave this to those who live in world class cities like Houston or even Dallas.

Houston needs Carlesimo to slap some sense into Houston's players. Especially Harden.

I thought it was Calesimo that got slapped? Or at least choked by his players.

Raven
04-23-2016, 04:22 AM
It's not a joke. Harden remains in the upper tier. For all we know, this is simply is a down season for him. He's still an elite scorer even without the absurd amount of free throws.
if that's all they are, elite scorers, are below average players.

Russo21
04-23-2016, 04:25 AM
Giving Howard a brain transplant would be a good start.

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 04:26 AM
That's the modern NBA for you.

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 07:26 AM
At least we got to be in ID4. San Antonio only gets Westerns and that Whoopi Goldberg movie "Eddie." I do like that you answered the title though, that was funny but leave this to those who live in world class cities like Houston or even Dallas.

Only shit that's world class in Houston is the humidity and the black strip clubs.

Harry Callahan
04-23-2016, 07:50 AM
This. Morey needs to be canned or stripped of power. The coach should have say over the style of play, not the GM.

The GM works at the leisure of the owner - Alexander must REALLY like Morey or Morey has compromising photos of Les available to release to the internets at a moments notice.

The Rockettes have gone (I think) from Yao/McGrady to Harden/Howard and have had one fluke year where they won a couple of playoff series. Morey has been the only constant really in all that time as far as direct management of basketball product.

Morey has made a million trades where there is no continuity over several years where chemistry can actually flourish. I would have fired the egomanic GM YEARS ago.

I wonder if D Morey is as big a nut job as Sam Henkie...

Harry Callahan
04-23-2016, 07:59 AM
^Brewer is garbage. Jones is garbage. Terry is a fossil and Garbage. Dwight cant hit a free throw to save his life. Ariza almost gave the game away twice. None of them should have the nerve to be blaming anyone else.

At least Ariza is an all defensive team player - a better defender than Kawhi Leonard (according to Bill Worrell). You gotta keep such a great player.

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Only shit that's world class in Houston is the humidity and the black strip clubs.

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/gawc/world2012t.html

Looks like Houston and Dallas are high on that list. San Antonio is so invisible it might as well not even be on there and is actually behind Austin and Salt Lake City to name a couple. I'll take city smack from Laker fans and Mav fans but you'll need more than a few tourist traps in the heart of town to compete with Houston, which is internationally renown.

The GM works at the leisure of the owner - Alexander must REALLY like Morey or Morey has compromising photos of Les available to release to the internets at a moments notice.

The Rockettes have gone (I think) from Yao/McGrady to Harden/Howard and have had one fluke year where they won a couple of playoff series. Morey has been the only constant really in all that time as far as direct management of basketball product.

Morey has made a million trades where there is no continuity over several years where chemistry can actually flourish. I would have fired the egomanic GM YEARS ago.

I wonder if D Morey is as big a nut job as Sam Henkie...

Morey got screwed by injuries to his stars and centers, especially Yao! He didn't just have T-Mac and Yao fall into his lap, he built title contenders with pieces around them, some acquired through trade and some via the draft. Look what they did without Yao. They tried like high hell to get Carmelo and Bosh at the very least. Can't blame him if they wanted to go elsewhere.

Things suck right now at the moment but his GM'ing makes the Rockets more interesting than the Bucks or Sixers for example.

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 12:51 PM
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/gawc/world2012t.html

Looks like Houston and Dallas are high on that list. San Antonio is so invisible it might as well not even be on there and is actually behind Austin and Salt Lake City to name a couple. I'll take city smack from Laker fans and Mav fans but you'll need more than a few tourist traps in the heart of town to compete with Houston, which is internationally renown.

Why do people in Houston think their city is fucking New York? I have never seen such civic pride in such a shitty town.

djohn2oo8
04-23-2016, 01:09 PM
At least the strip clubs are more exciting than the Alamo and riverwalk.

Big Dog
04-23-2016, 01:19 PM
Why do people in Houston think their city is fucking New York? I have never seen such civic pride in such a shitty town.
:lol They are also very defensive. Most people that live in the eastern part of Texas are retarded. Houston is a fucking shithole. Even the best part of Houston which are considered suburbs wish they weren't part of the "Greater Houston Area". That faggot djohn revealed he lived in SA yet pimps the fuck out that shithole. Dunno why. Also, I'd rather live in fucking Moore OK and be open to die of tornadoes or a nuclear meth lab explosion then to be surrounded by retards and high heat.

djohn2oo8
04-23-2016, 01:29 PM
:lol They are also very defensive. Most people that live in the eastern part of Texas are retarded. Houston is a fucking shithole. Even the best part of Houston which are considered suburbs wish they weren't part of the "Greater Houston Area". That faggot djohn revealed he lived in SA yet pimps the fuck out that shithole. Dunno why. Also, I'd rather live in fucking Moore OK and be open to die of tornadoes or a nuclear meth lab explosion then to be surrounded by retards and high heat.

Actually the best part of Houston is around the Memorial/Heights area. Shows your intelligence right there. Also, you of all people shouldn't be calling any place a shithole whem God continuously tries to wipe your state off the map. The only people who call it a shithole probably can't afford to live anywhere decent.

StrengthAndHonor
04-23-2016, 01:44 PM
At least the strip clubs are more exciting than the Alamo and riverwalk.

Oh snap...Whats up Spursfans? Lol

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Oh snap...Whats up Spursfans? Lol

Oh no, he talked shit about our dirty creek

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 01:59 PM

I never said it was New York, I said it was world class, even without the tourist traps. We don't need a few restaurants, a sidewalk and a few boats next to or in a creek as well as a chapel and a garden in the middle of a mass of humanity to get people to live here and like it.

And if you think I'm just picking on San Antonio, we don't need the casinos of Vegas to make us important either. Houston is just a city where people button up their shirt or put on their hard hat and pick up their lunch box and go to work.

I'd love to live anywhere but Tornado Alley and the capital of the freeway system, OKC. I mean, you have the Thunder and..? OU? Oh that's right, that's in Norman. Even San Antonio has the Alamo, Riverwalk and the Spurs. Houston has flaws but it also has everything you want or need as a major city.

No, I'll beat you to it...everything except an NBA team worth a [bleep]. Good one, though I saw it coming before you said it.

SpursDynasty
04-23-2016, 02:01 PM
The Rockets in the playoffs this year is the worst basketball I've ever seen. Yet they won Game 3 which goes to show how thin GS really is.

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 02:03 PM
The Rockets in the playoffs this year is the worst basketball I've ever seen. Yet they won Game 3 which goes to show how think GS really is.

Golden State is without the best player on the planet and besides they're success is partially a product of how watered down the league it. They'd be 62-20 in Michael Jordan's/Hakeem Olajuwon's NBA.

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 02:03 PM
The Rockets in the playoffs this year is the worst basketball I've ever seen. Yet they won Game 3 which goes to show how think GS really is.

We already knew Golden State isn't very good without Curry. That team is all about Curry's individual brilliance.

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 02:04 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/247/297.png

SpursDynasty
04-23-2016, 02:10 PM
That's the difference between GSW and SAS. Take away GS's leading scorer and they're a 6th-8th seed type of team. Take away SA's leading scorer and you're still a top tier team.

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 02:12 PM
If you don't want to talk smack, then don't get in the ring. You started it, even if in good fun, by poking fun at Houston and how it was nuked in Independence Day. So don't get mad when I put San Antonio back in its place. I'll take Dallas-Fort Worth smack talk over San Antonio's. You have the Spurs and...

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 02:15 PM
That's the difference between GSW and SAS. Take away GS's leading scorer and they're a 6th-8th seed type of team. Take away SA's leading scorer and you're still a top tier team.

Golden State is like the Rockets without Yao years back. Really good but not good enough to win without its big star.

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 02:17 PM
If you don't want to talk smack, then don't get in the ring. You started it, even if in good fun, by poking fun at Houston and how it was nuked in Independence Day. So don't get mad when I put San Antonio back in its place. I'll take Dallas-Fort Worth smack talk over San Antonio's. You have the Spurs and...

You're old man yelling at a cloud with your Curry take. There was no one in the league in 1995 who you had to worry about hitting 35 foot shots at a high percentage, lol at the idea that the Warriors are 10 games weaker in 1995. Yeah, Kenny Smith is going to shut Wardell down. :lol

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Golden State is like the Rockets without Yao years back. Really good but not good enough to win without its big star.

They're not really good without their big star, they just lost a game to a team that's basically quit the season. :lol

And the Rockets were never good with or without Yao, they haven't been relevant since the Olajuwon era.

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 02:24 PM
The Rockets win back-to-back championships if Yao wasn't yet another faulty, easily broken production from China. They went 19-7 without Yao in a conference where the 6th best team had Shaq and Nash and won 54 games, the Rockets were legit in '08 and '09.

Maybe they lose to the Celtics in '08 but it would have been a helluva series.

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 02:26 PM
You're old man yelling at a cloud with your Curry take. There was no one in the league in 1995 who you had to worry about hitting 35 foot shots at a high percentage, lol at the idea that the Warriors are 10 games weaker in 1995. Yeah, Kenny Smith is going to shut Wardell down. :lol

Curry would be Reggie Miller or Ray Allen in 90's NBA, he would not be the best player, though he'd be damn exciting.

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 02:31 PM
Curry would be Reggie Miller or Ray Allen in 90's NBA, he would not be the best player, though he'd be damn exciting.

Neither of them had Curry's range :lol

sook
04-23-2016, 02:31 PM
They're not really good without their big star, they just lost a game to a team that's basically quit the season. :lol

And the Rockets were never good with or without Yao, they haven't been relevant since the Olajuwon era.

:lol

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 02:34 PM
The Rockets win back-to-back championships if Yao wasn't yet another faulty, easily broken production from China. They went 19-7 without Yao in a conference where the 6th best team had Shaq and Nash and won 54 games, the Rockets were legit in '08 and '09.

Maybe they lose to the Celtics in '08 but it would have been a helluva series.

Aaron Brooks going off on Fisher in one series doesn't mean you'd win the title with your soft center back. The 2015 Hawks and 1996 Spurs went on big win streaks like the 2008 Rockets, but they weren't title contenders either.

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 05:26 PM
The Rockets may not have lost another game until the Finals if Yao stays healthy. Look what they did without him and having only Deke and Chuck Hayes as starters.

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 05:48 PM
Neither of them had Curry's range :lol

So? I'm sure the better coaches back then would have had better defenses for him, unless he was playing on the Rockets, Bulls, Jazz, Knicks, Duncan Spurs, Shaq Magic, Sonics or Shaq Lakers in which case there would be too many other weapons you simply couldn't leave open.

As I said, 62-20 in that era of NBA, maybe 67-15 if everything goes right. And notice, no one except three Bulls teams won 65 games or more in the 90's. No one else even approached 70 wins. It's become pretty routine in the last decade or so.

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 06:07 PM
The Rockets may not have lost another game until the Finals if Yao stays healthy. Look what they did without him and having only Deke and Chuck Hayes as starters.

:lol The 2013 Clippers won a bunch of games in a row too.

Caltex2
04-23-2016, 06:22 PM
We just don't know but don't dismiss the possibility.

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 07:02 PM
So? I'm sure the better coaches back then would have had better defenses for him, unless he was playing on the Rockets, Bulls, Jazz, Knicks, Duncan Spurs, Shaq Magic, Sonics or Shaq Lakers in which case there would be too many other weapons you simply couldn't leave open.

As I said, 62-20 in that era of NBA, maybe 67-15 if everything goes right. And notice, no one except three Bulls teams won 65 games or more in the 90's. No one else even approached 70 wins. It's become pretty routine in the last decade or so.

That's pretty specious reasoning there. One thing to consider is the way teams are built is greatly changed from how it was in the 90s. The maximum salary restriction from the 1999 collective bargaining agreement is one huge reason for that. The max salary greatly undervalues the elite players in this league. Under a 90s style salary cap there is no way you could have put that 66 win Heat team together, as James and Wade would be pulling at least twice the max salary and with the numbers Bosh was putting up in Toronto, he would have been pulling signifcantly more than the max too. Or look at the rookie scale contracts that keep players from being able to negotiate anything close to market value. That allowed the 65 win 2009 Lakers to be paying Bynum chump change. Well, that and Kobe playing for a lot less than he would get under a 90s style collective bargaining agreement (Gasol too). The 67 and 73 win 2015 and 2016 Warriors were just dumb luck, e.g., Curry having a lot of ankle injuries allowing them to sign him to a really cheap deal. The 67 win 2016 Spurs come from players taking huge paycuts, specifically Duncan, Ginobili, and West (though Green took a significant one as well). I can't recall anyone but Robinson taking a large paycut in the 90s (which Mourning got butthurt over :lol), and Robinson likely did it to keep from getting traded to New York.

I don't understand the NBA is weak argument. They added one team in the last 20 years but have a larger pool of talent worldwide now. Meanwhile in the 90s you had four recent expansion teams with less overseas talent to fill out NBA rosters. You can point towards bigmen being phased out of the game, but there was nowhere near the level of shooting there is now. :cry But the NBA was better because Derek Harper could throw his forearm into guys and Rick Mahorn could clothesline people going in the lane. :cry

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 07:05 PM
I loved 90s ball too, but it's not the greatest decade because your team won twice. :lol

Floyd Pacquiao
04-23-2016, 07:34 PM
:lol The Spurs have more championships than all of Houston's shitty pro sports teams combined

djohn2oo8
04-23-2016, 07:39 PM
:lol The Spurs have more championships than all of Houston's shitty pro sports teams combined
Doesn't excuse the fact a good chunk of their fans have never seen a treadmill.

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Doesn't excuse the fact a good chunk of their fans have never seen a treadmill.

While true, Houston is full of fat bastards too. Our cities are partners in lard.

baseline bum
04-23-2016, 07:52 PM

I thought the Comets had a bunch of titles. I remember that late 90s - early 00s era when all the Rockets fans talked about how they liked WNBA ball so much better than seeing Shaq dunk.

djohn2oo8
04-23-2016, 08:00 PM
I thought the Comets had a bunch of titles. I remember that late 90s - early 00s era when all the Rockets fans talked about how they liked WNBA ball so much better than seeing Shaq dunk.

Yeah 4. The only people who watched or went to those games were trannies from Montrose. Or lesbians.

Caltex2
04-24-2016, 12:48 AM
I don't understand the NBA is weak argument. They added one team in the last 20 years but have a larger pool of talent worldwide now. Meanwhile in the 90s you had four recent expansion teams with less overseas talent to fill out NBA rosters. You can point towards bigmen being phased out of the game, but there was nowhere near the level of shooting there is now. :cry But the NBA was better because Derek Harper could throw his forearm into guys and Rick Mahorn could clothesline people going in the lane. :cry

You're right that the there is a bigger talent pool but the talent isn't as fundamentally sound as it used to be. Everyone now days, more or less, grew up wanting to be like Jordan, Kobe or Iverson with many exceptions but the depth at big man is much shallower and the overall level of fundamentals is less. I'm old enough to remember the NBA in early 90's and the talent gap is noticably less. Granted, you can't get away with mauling people like you could in the 90's but it doesn't change the less fundamentally sound play, the focus on the 3-point shot and the slacking by some teams, like the Rockets.

The NBA is also more image conscious, so they won't let just any deranged street thug play ball in the league and if they did I imagine there'd be more Ron Artest type events, like when he went in the stands. So even if you have the talent, do you have a good image for the type of fan the NBA is trying to attract? And more than anything, the NBA wants fans in the stands as much as they want fans watching on TV, so that means they need corporations and their game ticket buyers to want to come and feel good about taking their family (you noticed that owner in Atlanta selling his share after trying to scare away some fans). Up until 10-15 years ago, the NBA didn't really care unless you did something really bad off the court, and depending upon how bad it wouldn't stop them from granting a second chance.

Caltex2
04-24-2016, 12:54 AM

The pro teams that people in general care about.

Caltex2
04-24-2016, 01:00 AM
Yeah 4. The only people who watched or went to those games were trannies from Montrose. Or lesbians.

At the end. Come on, the Comets used to sell out Lakewood Church--I mean, Compaq Center for the first 6-7 years they were there, routinely. Can't deny it and why not? They helped open a league with 4 titles, any novelty that succeeds like that will be a hit anywhere, like the Jackson 5 having all those number 1 hits.