PDA

View Full Version : Gs is not humble

ducks
04-19-2016, 05:18 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/4/19/11457962/golden-state-warriors-arrogance-joe-lacob

tonight...you
04-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Nor do they need to be until beaten.
It does make beating them that much sweeter though...

GSH
04-19-2016, 05:26 PM
"Narcissus died admiring his own reflection, and if the Warriors keep swallowing their own compliments, they just might do the same."

LOL What does that even mean? That the Warriors might lose because they aren't humble? They won 73 games, they don't have to be humble if they don't want to.

Beating a loudmouth always adds a little extra satisfaction. I'm sure the Spurs will taste a little of that satisfaction if they beat GS in the WCF. I'm certain everyone here will remember ever jackass thing they said along the way, if that happens. But I don't think their arrogance will make them any easier to beat.

Not busting your chops for posting it, Ducks. it just sounds like a little sour grapes from the author. Hell, a lot of people like them BECAUSE of their swagger.

DarrinS
04-19-2016, 05:29 PM
I know it doesn't come from Kerr.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2016, 05:31 PM
They're pretty goddamn good. If you want to humble them, you gotta beat them.

DarrinS
04-19-2016, 05:32 PM
They're young and extremely good, so it is what it is.

Not all of their players run around flexing tho. For example, some of their bench players.

DarrinS
04-19-2016, 05:36 PM
I think is mostly Steph and Raymond, tbh

tonight...you
04-19-2016, 05:37 PM

dabom
04-19-2016, 05:39 PM

BillMc
04-19-2016, 05:39 PM
But I don't think their arrogance will make them any easier to beat.

In the short run you're right. (Unless they don't take the opponent seriously and fail to prepare but I know Kerr wouldn't allow that). But, long term, hubris is a weakness and it has derailed many a dynasty. Ask Kobe and Shaq. Ask Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones. We already see little signs of tugs of war over the credit and they've only won one title. Throw in the fact that as Charles Barkley says, a jumping shooting team has to be perfectly tuned to win, and this long term success of the warriors may not having staying power at all. Someone will solve them. It wouldn't surprise me if it is us.

We'll see.

DarrinS
04-19-2016, 05:40 PM
And Iggy putting down the Rockets in that video? They deserve it.

DarrinS
04-19-2016, 05:47 PM
I kinda like having an arrogant rival. Adds to the pleasure of beating them.

BillMc
04-19-2016, 05:48 PM

Yep. Every hero needs a villain.

dabom
04-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Yep. Every hero needs a villain.

We're the heroes though. :lol

tonight...you
04-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Definitely. I so hope this team steamrolls to the WCF and face those punk Warriors.
And I truly hope Pop has some tricks up his sleeve going in.

tonight...you
04-19-2016, 05:52 PM
Think that's what he meant, but I can see how it can be interpreted either way.

BillMc
04-19-2016, 05:54 PM

Think that's what he meant, but I can see how it can be interpreted either way.

Yeah, that's what I meant. But no one ever accused me of thinking clearly! :drunk

TrainOfThought5
04-19-2016, 05:54 PM

To be fair, iggy was right

InRareForm
04-19-2016, 05:55 PM
Steph didn't become cocky until Draymond sort of pushed him to not only do it but embrace it tbh...

InRareForm
04-19-2016, 05:56 PM
How come everyone hated LeBron for being so cocky... yet the public loves the warriors. Babyface curry

tonight...you
04-19-2016, 05:57 PM
How come everyone hated LeBron for being so cocky... yet the public loves the warriors. Babyface curry
Light-skinned, harmless looking Curry.

DarrinS
04-19-2016, 06:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYe8B--jrbs

coachmac87
04-19-2016, 06:02 PM

People hated LeBron...Not 1..Not 2...Not 3 etc.

But also I think people respected LeBron back then due to him being dominant on both ends of the court and his dominant performances during his first Cleveland stint.

Warriors have it easy right now..the media is obsessed and they've had luck on their side with injuries until maybe now but eventually things will get tough and if they handle adversity well great but the media can turn on you real fast lol

InRareForm
04-19-2016, 06:09 PM
https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/ep-90-draymond-green

draymond does give spurs some props to spurs longevity 27 minute mark.

but he also thinks they only had 4 losses they truly lost this season :lol

SouthernFried
04-19-2016, 06:09 PM
Arrogance is a character flaw. It is a weakness that can be exploited.

Also, do you play harder against assholes...or really nice guys?

tonight...you
04-19-2016, 06:16 PM

Honestly, I think the Spurs, in game one against the Warriors, were playing too hard. They were overplaying everything.
Curry had Kawhi on skates a couple times because he was over-anticipating.

I can see it happening in a game, or two in a series, if they meet up, but I hope not.
This team plays exponentially better when they're relaxed. Not high and tight like a team like the Warriors can make teams be with their God-like offense (at times) and very good defense.

The big plus is that, even in defeat, they were able to hold their ground against the Warriors and put them into "the grind" for multiple games, slowing that offense and even halting it for periods.
That bodes well.

coachmac87
04-19-2016, 06:16 PM

This.

Dro210
04-19-2016, 06:17 PM

I'm not in that group, cause I've generally always liked LeBron... but for me, LeBron was never cocky enough. It's always been half-assed, or just boringly smug. Not just blatant, in your face, I'm the best, come and take it, suck my dick brashness. Real shit. LeBron was actually good enough to be that way.

I can't stand the warriors arrogance cause it's still undeserved imo. They still haven't beaten anybody good in the playoffs, ever. They're also all a bunch of fake ass snakes. "Oh, we're just pumped up, we're not taunting in anybody's face. We're good guys." Bullshit.... I think they're a gimmick that's gonna get that ass waxed and humbled real soon. Doubt they even make it to us tbh. Clips lookin good.

coachmac87
04-19-2016, 06:21 PM
I'm not in that group, cause I've generally always liked LeBron... but for me, LeBron was never cocky enough. It's always been half-assed, or just boringly smug. Not just blatant, in your face, I'm the best, come and take it, suck my dick brashness. Real shit. LeBron was actually good enough to be that way.

I can't stand the warriors arrogance cause it's still undeserved imo. They still haven't beaten anybody good in the playoffs, ever. They're also all a bunch of fake ass snakes. "Oh, we're just pumped up, we're not taunting in anybody's face. We're good guys." Bullshit.... I think they're a gimmick that's gonna get that ass waxed and humbled real soon. Doubt they even make it to us tbh. Clips lookin good.

This too.

InRareForm
04-19-2016, 06:29 PM
You all have to admit though... warriors are on some expert level 10++ mad making ability if spurs fans are pissed off.

Arcadian
04-19-2016, 06:30 PM
What does that even mean? That the Warriors might lose because they aren't humble? They won 73 games, they don't have to be humble if they don't want to.

Overconfidence can lead to unexpected failure.

coachmac87
04-19-2016, 06:31 PM
You all have to admit though... warriors are on some expert level 10++ mad making ability if spurs fans are pissed off.

Only reason they mad cause we were the champs before they were and until they beat us we won't believe in them..

hater
04-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Bullshig article.

Were the Bulls humble? No

Were the Lakers humble?? Hell nah

What a crybaby that writer. Worriers are great and Eliancito is a great human being

Sure Id like Parker to jizz on their chins this year. But that don't mea. They are not great ppls and great team.

What a hater that writer :lmao

hater
04-19-2016, 06:43 PM

Exactly :lol

That writer is probably a pissed off Lebron dicksucker like the many posters in this forum :lol

Obstructed_View
04-19-2016, 06:55 PM

I think he went easy on them. That team fucking sucks. They don't even try to rotate on defense and their offense is even worse. They got a gift from god in having the Warriors in Oakland without Curry and they went back to their big lineup, tried to feature their power forward in the post against the Dubs' best defender and then added heavy doses of Jason Terry and Michael Beasley. SMFH

GSH
04-19-2016, 07:04 PM

Those losers had that game last night, and they just couldn't get out of their own way long enough to do it. Mental midgets.

They're going to get blown up like the JailBlazers team, and a lot of them are going to have to sign for a discount with the next team.

DarrinS
04-19-2016, 07:05 PM
I think he went easy on them. That team fucking sucks. They don't even try to rotate on defense and their offense is even worse. They got a gift from god in having the Warriors in Oakland without Curry and they went back to their big lineup, tried to feature their power forward in the post against the Dubs' best defender and then added heavy doses of Jason Terry and Michael Beasley. SMFH

Yeah, that team is totally disfunctional. Starts with having terrible character guys. Dwight already gave up. Harden can't play if he doesn't get 20 FT per night and his defense is laughable. Even our worst defenders TRY to play defense.

DarrinS
04-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Those losers had that game last night, and they just couldn't get out of their own way long enough to do it. Mental midgets.

They're going to get blown up like the JailBlazers team, and a lot of them are going to have to sign for a discount with the next team.

Yeah, they look like they want their season to be over. Lol, firing McHale. And Harden running the offense? It doesn't even look like they're running plays.

daslicer
04-19-2016, 09:55 PM
They are douchebags but I'm not going to focus my attention on them until the Spurs have to play them.

rastaspur
04-19-2016, 11:01 PM

The look on pat riley''s face is priceless. He is like wtf, steroids have eaten up his pea brain. Delusions of grandeur.

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2016, 12:02 AM
I said all this shit last year in my "Warriors are pathetic" thread, tbh:lol..crazy that the media only started discussing it like a month ago..

Clipper Nation was the first to point it out here IIRC..

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2016, 12:04 AM

Lebron's popularity only took a dive with White people, tbh..obvious reasons..

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/page/mindoffan/how-fans-see-lebron-james

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/68792/lebrons-value-evident-in-absence

White people love the Warriors, especially Curry..he looks like a harmless kid, plays in the Bay Area(which appeals to progressive-types, LGBT, nerds, etc), is religious(has that demographic covered), doesn't discuss serious topics(which White people love, see: Jordan) and is one of the most entertaining players in league history..

coachmac87
04-20-2016, 12:09 AM
I said all this shit last year in my "Warriors are pathetic" thread, tbh:lol..crazy that the media only started discussing it like a month ago..

Clipper Nation was the first to point it out here IIRC..

Bump it

DeRozan m8
04-20-2016, 12:13 AM
Bunch of f*ckwits

TD 21
04-21-2016, 05:34 PM

I've never understood this line of thinking. There is no excuse for their arrogance. What's worse, in the grand scheme of things, they've accomplished a mere fraction of what the Spurs have, yet you'd never see the Spurs acting/boasting like they do. I know the Spurs are an exception to many things in sports, but still. They're a disgrace and if they were an ounce of objectivity left in the media, they'd be called out for it a lot more.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-21-2016, 05:47 PM

This.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2016, 06:00 PM
I've never understood this line of thinking. There is no excuse for their arrogance. What's worse, in the grand scheme of things, they've accomplished a mere fraction of what the Spurs have, yet you'd never see the Spurs acting/boasting like they do. I know the Spurs are an exception to many things in sports, but still. They're a disgrace and if they were an ounce of objectivity left in the media, they'd be called out for it a lot more.

Because only losers whine about someone who's better than they are for being arrogant. If you don't like Floyd Mayweather, then fucking knock his bitch ass out, but if he tells you how good he is and nobody can beat him, you just have to suck on it.

daslicer
04-21-2016, 07:28 PM
Because only losers whine about someone who's better than they are for being arrogant. If you don't like Floyd Mayweather, then fucking knock his bitch ass out, but if he tells you how good he is and nobody can beat him, you just have to suck on it.

Just curious how do you react in a pickup game where the guy your guarding is kicking your ass and taunting you on every possession and is just hundred notches more talented than you? Do you take it up the ass simply because the guy is better than you. Your logic is retard considering they are people you are going to encounter in life that are just superior talent wise and there is just nothing you can do about it. I just don't believe the typical crap if someones better than you they have the right to rub it in. To me that's just being subservient to bullying.

By your logic Michael Jordan and the bulls were whiners because they complained about the Piston's dirty play and being classless. I guess those bulls teams that won 6 titles were losers.

lilbthebasedgod
04-21-2016, 07:42 PM
Sounds like they're just honest with themselves and not lying that they aren't by far the best.

lilbthebasedgod
04-21-2016, 07:44 PM
Just curious how do you react in a pickup game where the guy your guarding is kicking your ass and taunting you on every possession and is just hundred notches more talented than you? Do you take it up the ass simply because the guy is better than you. Your logic is retard considering they are people you are going to encounter in life that are just superior talent wise and there is just nothing you can do about it. I just don't believe the typical crap if someones better than you they have the right to rub it in. To me that's just being subservient to bullying.

By your logic Michael Jordan and the bulls were whiners because they complained about the Piston's dirty play and being classless. I guess those bulls teams that won 6 titles were losers.
I play lots of pick up basketball, if someone is doing that, I recognize that he is awesome and want him on my team next time. Mostly a feeling of awe.

GSH
04-21-2016, 09:27 PM

You can always quit and go home. And if it's your ball, you can take it and fuck up the whole game.
You can nut-punch him, like Ratface Jason Terry, and try to take him out of the game.
Or you can work your ass off and try to get good enough to beat him.

But bitching and whining about his attitude won't change a damned thing that happens on the floor. How the Warriors act isn't my cup of tea - I hate those arrogant pricks, and if the Spurs beat them it will be that much sweeter. But the truth is, that attitude is part of the reason they shoot the way they do. Any shooting coach will tell you that confidence is a factor, and those fuckers are seriously confident. Every time they put one up, they expect it to go in. Danny Green could use some of that.

daslicer
04-21-2016, 09:51 PM
You can always quit and go home. And if it's your ball, you can take it and fuck up the whole game.
You can nut-punch him, like Ratface Jason Terry, and try to take him out of the game.
Or you can work your ass off and try to get good enough to beat him.

But bitching and whining about his attitude won't change a damned thing that happens on the floor. How they act isn't my cup of tea - I hate those arrogant pricks, and if the Spurs beat them it will be that much sweeter. But the truth is, that attitude is part of the reason they shoot the way they do. Any shooting coach will tell you that confidence is a factor, and those fuckers are seriously confident. Every time they put one up, they expect it to go in. Danny Green could use some of that.

Personally I have never respected arrogant people. I have gotten in fights with people like that in the past in games as a youngster. If I was a player I go right at them and give them hard fouls and play with nastyness like Pop would say. The thing is I don't play for the spurs and this is a message board so don't knock people for hating the warriors douchebag attitude. There is nothing we can do as fans but watch.

99 Problems
04-21-2016, 10:19 PM
You'd think they had won 10 championships in a row the way they act.

Kikoluna
04-21-2016, 10:21 PM
Close those lips draymond. Mouth is always open, disgusting

tmtcsc
04-21-2016, 11:05 PM
I know it doesn't come from Kerr.

He's just as bad. He's fake humble, which makes it worse.

"We finally have a competitive game".

"We're only down 10 pts. We can make that up in a couple of minutes. Maybe 1 right?" -- Said with a big ass smug look on his face. Nah, fuck Kerr.

TheDoctor
04-21-2016, 11:25 PM
87% chance Roxs fuck this up

TheDoctor
04-21-2016, 11:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA FUCKING RAYMOND!!

KDKSpurs24
04-21-2016, 11:28 PM
The Rockets are one of the worst playoff teams ever that has their full squad. OMFG:lol

look_at_g_shred
04-21-2016, 11:28 PM
:lmao

silverblackfan
04-21-2016, 11:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA FUCKING RAYMOND!!

Game of the night and sweet to see GS showing some faults.

TheDoctor
04-21-2016, 11:32 PM
The Rockets are one of the worst playoff teams ever that has their full squad. OMFG:lol

A Roxs-Grizz series goes to 7 easily.

TheDoctor
04-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Game of the night and sweet to see GS showing some faults.

Without Curry and with Playoff Klay they're an ordinary team.

GSH
04-21-2016, 11:40 PM

That last inbound with 1 second left is one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen on a basketball court. He chucked that ball right down toward the Warriors' basket, and it came within an inch of being picked off for a dunk, and losing the game. One second left, fuckwits. You don't care if they catch it on the opposite end of the floor.

And did you see Draymond with the WWF takedown on Beasley on that inbound, and the fucking zebras STILL wouldn't call it? He grabbed him with both arms around the waist and spun him to the floor, right out in the open. They did their best to give GS a chance to win it.

ElNono
04-21-2016, 11:46 PM

We'll if we're talking about longevity of excellence, we have them beat by a country mile. Their success is fairly recent.

That's why I have no problem with them gloating about their current team. But when the owner gloats about how he figured everything out and they're so far ahead structurally from any other team... well, he needs another 13 years of excellence to actually sell that point.

BillMc
04-21-2016, 11:52 PM
That last inbound with 1 second left is one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen on a basketball court. He chucked that ball right down toward the Warriors' basket, and it came within an inch of being picked off for a dunk, and losing the game. One second left, fuckwits. You don't care if they catch it on the opposite end of the floor.

+1 billion.

KDKSpurs24
04-21-2016, 11:54 PM

And did you see Draymond with the WWF takedown on Beasley on that inbound, and the fucking zebras STILL wouldn't call it? He grabbed him with both arms around the waist and spun him to the floor, right out in the open. They did their best to give GS a chance to win it.
They just wanted to give the game away didn't they?! They do the dumbest stuff. I knew they were gonna find some way to screw something up. I just don't get it.. How can a whole team have such low basketball IQs??

And yeah I saw that! WTF? Can do anything they want..

cutewizard
04-21-2016, 11:59 PM
the arrogant will fall

guys, did you see Kerr's face today?????

hahahahahahahahahahaha

that face says everything

-----------------------------------------------------

on a side note, i think Chris Paul will now reach the Western Finals, only to be denied!!!!

THIS IS GONNA BE A SPECIAL SEASON FOR THE SPURS!!!!!!

BOOK IT!

DenialTwist
04-22-2016, 03:35 AM
the arrogant will fall

guys, did you see Kerr's face today?????

hahahahahahahahahahaha

that face says everything

on a side note, i think Chris Paul will now reach the Western Finals, only to be denied!!!!

THIS IS GONNA BE A SPECIAL SEASON FOR THE SPURS!!!!!!

BOOK IT!

Kerr's face was priceless. Draymond kind of deserved it after all the trash talk before the game; how they can't be beaten and teams should find a way to beat them instead of complaining about moving screens.
Kerr is not used to losing, his entire career he has been winning, this must be a shock to his system. This is only their 10th loss of the year.

About them not being humble, what do you expect, it's starts from the top. Their owner is an arrogant prick who thinks he created the world and planned every single thing by himself. If it wasn't for Steph Curry's unbelievable shooting touch and range which catapulted him into superstardom, that team wouldn't go anywhere. They don't respect other teams. Bogut and Draymond are dirty players too. What Bogut did during the game tonight and Draymond at the end was reckless.

Oh and the curse of Sports Illustrated and the Pacers' photoshoot is working it's way to Golden State lol.

szkorhetz
04-22-2016, 03:44 AM
Kerr's face was priceless. Draymond kind of deserved it after all the trash talk before the game; how they can't be beaten and teams should find a way to beat them instead of complaining about moving screens.
Kerr is not used to losing, his entire career he has been winning, this must be a shock to his system. This is only their 10th loss of the year.

About them not being humble, what do you expect, it's starts from the top. Their owner is an arrogant prick who thinks he created the world and planned every single thing by himself. If it wasn't for Steph Curry's unbelievable shooting touch and range which catapulted him into superstardom, that team wouldn't go anywhere. They don't respect other teams. Bogut and Draymond are dirty players too. What Bogut did during the game tonight and Draymond at the end was reckless.

Oh and the curse of Sports Illustrated and the Pacers' photoshoot is working it's way to Golden State lol.
Phoenix says Hi! :D

sook
04-22-2016, 04:00 AM
Lebron's popularity only took a dive with White people, tbh..obvious reasons..

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/page/mindoffan/how-fans-see-lebron-james

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/68792/lebrons-value-evident-in-absence

White people love the Warriors, especially Curry..he looks like a harmless kid, plays in the Bay Area(which appeals to progressive-types, LGBT, nerds, etc), is religious(has that demographic covered), doesn't discuss serious topics(which White people love, see: Jordan) and is one of the most entertaining players in league history..
:lol

DenialTwist
04-22-2016, 05:13 AM
Phoenix says Hi! :D

lmao
Why don't people ever mention the fact that he broke up 7 seconds or less to bring in Shaq?!

elemento
04-22-2016, 05:28 AM
As much as we want GS to lose, it was a fluke game because of a terrible 1st quarter.

GS wins the next 2 games to finish the series with or without Curry.

MoSpur
04-22-2016, 06:24 AM
This team is very arrogant starting with Curry and Green. Thompson is also very arrogant. That guy doesn't like to give credit to any other team when they got beat. His answer basically was that they had an off night. Its all good though. They're young and on a high.

hater
04-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Agreed. Warriors in 5.

Then Eliancito will tear us a brand new vagina in the WCFs....

cascaders
04-22-2016, 06:34 AM
rockets putting up a fight. I say the series goes to 7

cutewizard
04-22-2016, 07:12 AM

agree with you man...........

cutewizard
04-22-2016, 07:12 AM
how noble are the Spurs, every trueblue basketball fan should see it..................

NameLess Scrub
04-22-2016, 07:54 AM

Not to mention Curry is an MVP on a cheap contract.

Did Draymond actually said that about the screens? Wow.. That's Shaq logic :lol

If I was an honest ref I'd probably take that personal. Dude gets away with illegal contact, then practically brags about it.

hater
04-22-2016, 07:57 AM

:lmao

NameLess Scrub
04-22-2016, 08:29 AM
Agreed. Warriors in 5.

Then Eliancito will tear us a brand new vagina in the WCFs....

Remarkable jinxing work there.

cutewizard
04-22-2016, 09:09 AM
MARJANOVIC ============ greatest inbound defender in the game while

DRAYGREEN =============worst inbound receiver in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bobo

:claw

cutewizard
04-22-2016, 09:13 AM
so sweet, these playoffs

CUTEWIZARD PROPHECY:

"And the Sixth shall be the sweetest ever, a revenge of all sorts, against betrayers of the past, and the traitors of the present."

"And the towers of the arrogant shall fall...........

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/10/60/3d/10603da3686fd9727df0084290f16328.jpg

kaji157
04-22-2016, 09:49 AM

Not going to seven, but now they are just one game away of going to 6 and that IS great.

Specially if GS has to force Curry back.

hater
04-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Remarkable jinxing work there.

Doing the lords work. Shhhhhhhhh......

Sean Cagney
04-22-2016, 11:31 AM

That is about it imo, those two far and away.

BackHome
04-22-2016, 11:57 AM
Man watching Houston play is killing me I just don't get how people get paid millions of dollars can be so dumb and so lazy. They play terrible defense and on offense they play "Me Me Me" ball it is so freaking panful to watch. If this team could actually play like a team they might have a chance if Curry is out for the series.

Beaverfuzz
04-22-2016, 12:08 PM
https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/meme.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780

daslicer
04-22-2016, 12:08 PM
Man watching Houston play is killing me I just don't get how people get paid millions of dollars can be so dumb and so lazy. They play terrible defense and on offense they play "Me Me Me" ball it is so freaking panful to watch. If this team could actually play like a team they might have a chance if Curry is out for the series.

If Curry sat out the series I think the Rockets would win. Draymond these last 2 games is getting exposed without Curry being there to hold his hand and Klay has been underwhelming.

BillMc
04-22-2016, 01:16 PM

This. That last inbounds play where they threw it right underneath the Warriors basket, the only place they could've lost the game with 1 second left, still dumbfounds me.

silverblackfan
04-22-2016, 01:23 PM
I only caught the last 8 minutes, but Houston was ugly to watch. You get spoiled watching the Spurs all the time. I wonder if they were just out of plays to run or just did not know any...

Mr. Body
04-22-2016, 01:25 PM
It wasn't a surprise to see Curry get hurt in the playoffs -- he was due, sadly enough, the whole team was due. It's their incredible good fortune it happened against one of the shittiest playoff teams to ever come down the pipe. They'll have no problems winning in five or six.

ceperez
04-22-2016, 01:25 PM

Yeah, noticed that too! It was like the entire rockets team was trying to lose! The comment out there was that when Harden made the crucial shot for the lead, only one of the Rocket players were celebrating the game!

In the previous play, Rockets had the ball but passed it in traffic where the Dubs were able to fast break for a layup.

There is something suspicious about the Rockets play. Like they were deliberately playing to lose!

NameLess Scrub
04-22-2016, 04:42 PM
Hey look, NBA reports Harden should have gotten an offensive foul called on the game winning shot.

I agree, but how many times stuff like that happens and it's ok for them?

TD 21
04-22-2016, 04:45 PM

I'm not complaining; I'm just saying, their success does not excuse their behavior.

UZER
04-22-2016, 05:23 PM
Hey look, NBA reports Harden should have gotten an offensive foul called on the game winning shot.

I agree, but how many times stuff like that happens and it's ok for them?

After seeing Draymonds take down last night, my first thought was the NBA was going to come out and say the Harden push off should've been called. :lol

Obstructed_View
04-22-2016, 06:57 PM
Well none of those things are actually happening. The Warriors aren't taunting the Spurs while kicking their ass, and they aren't a hundred notches more talented. The Spurs need to play well as a team and if they want to stop the Warriors from feeling like, and saying that they are, the best team in the world, then the Spurs need to beat them. Period. I'm a little bit over a hundred percent sure that what the Warriors say bothers you far more than it bothers the Spurs.

As for me, there was a new kid at my school. He was a year younger than I was. The first day on the football field, he caught the ball and ran away from me. I was pretty fast, and I could not catch him. He slowed down to just stay out of my reach all the way until he scored. He was not taunting me. I fucking creamed him in the end zone. It was shitty of me to do, and we later became friends so I had a chance to apologize. What you might do to someone in a pickup game isn't the same as what you'd do in the NBA, where there have been rules about taunting for about two decades.

Wow, your strawman game is tight today. Jordan and the Bulls never stopped going into the paint. They didn't just complain and whine. They had to go through not only the Pistons, but the Sixers who had Barkley and Mahorn, and were just as likely to give a hard foul as the Pistons were. Barkley always called Jordan soft up until Jordan started kicking his ass. Took them four fucking tries to finally get past Detroit. The Bulls got up, went to the line, went back and drew another foul, and eventually swept the Pistons out of the playoffs. When the Pistons left the court and didn't congratulate the Bulls, they showed the world how classless they were. THAT is how you beat a bully.

Obstructed_View
04-22-2016, 07:02 PM
We'll if we're talking about longevity of excellence, we have them beat by a country mile. Their success is fairly recent.

That's why I have no problem with them gloating about their current team. But when the owner gloats about how he figured everything out and they're so far ahead structurally from any other team... well, he needs another 13 years of excellence to actually sell that point.

Their owner is an idiot, and we've already covered that. He actually took credit for Stef Curry and then had to call him before the article came out to explain what he'd done. That's beyond Sarver/Cuban level idiocy. I certainly agree that we'll believe in his long-term plan when they have success that isn't based on one player's impossible shooting.

And it's nice that if the Spurs get booted out of the playoffs for the next several years by the Warriors that we have the past to cling to, but that's not likely to shut up the Warriors fans. Ask Lakers fans how much success they've had going to that well.

Obstructed_View
04-22-2016, 07:07 PM
I'm not complaining; I'm just saying, their success does not excuse their behavior.

I don't think their behavior is all that inexcusable. They aren't really fueled by hubris as the article states, they're just brimming with confidence. And why shouldn't they be? Their run has been amazing. The last team that was this dominant was the 2007 Mavericks. But that run ended too. Chances are someone's gotta beat them first, though. Not going to have Curry go Kobe Bryant and destroy the team from within.

daslicer
04-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Well none of those things are actually happening. The Warriors aren't taunting the Spurs while kicking their ass, and they aren't a hundred notches more talented. The Spurs need to play well as a team and if they want to stop the Warriors from feeling like, and saying that they are, the best team in the world, then the Spurs need to beat them. Period. I'm a little bit over a hundred percent sure that what the Warriors say bothers you far more than it bothers the Spurs.

As for me, there was a new kid at my school. He was a year younger than I was. The first day on the football field, he caught the ball and ran away from me. I was pretty fast, and I could not catch him. He slowed down to just stay out of my reach all the way until he scored. He was not taunting me. I fucking creamed him in the end zone. It was shitty of me to do, and we later became friends so I had a chance to apologize. What you might do to someone in a pickup game isn't the same as what you'd do in the NBA, where there have been rules about taunting for about two decades.

Wow, your strawman game is tight today. Jordan and the Bulls never stopped going into the paint. They didn't just complain and whine. They had to go through not only the Pistons, but the Sixers who had Barkley and Mahorn, and were just as likely to give a hard foul as the Pistons were. Barkley always called Jordan soft up until Jordan started kicking his ass. Took them four fucking tries to finally get past Detroit. The Bulls got up, went to the line, went back and drew another foul, and eventually swept the Pistons out of the playoffs. When the Pistons left the court and didn't congratulate the Bulls, they showed the world how classless they were. THAT is how you beat a bully.

Jordan complained a bunch of times about the Pistons being dirty before winning against them. So when he was losing he was whiner by your definition? First off I never said the Warriors are a hundred notches better than the Spurs. That was simply a scenario gave to assess the type of person you are. I simply don't respect people who allow themselves to submit to being bullied by a superior opponent. You struck me as that type of guy with your retard logic earlier. Also the Warriors have shown disrespect towards the Spurs. Draymond and CO talked a lot of shit after the spurs only win against them this year by discrediting it in as many ways as possible. Also what the Warriors say doesn't bother me I'm not thinking about them 24/7 but I will call a spade for a spade. They are bunch of douchebags whose leader is a glorified role player that is a front runner and I will leave it at that. I don't respect arrogant people regardless of how successful they are that's just how I'm wired.

Obstructed_View
04-22-2016, 11:31 PM
Jordan complained a bunch of times about the Pistons being dirty before winning against them. So when he was losing he was whiner by your definition? First off I never said the Warriors are a hundred notches better than the Spurs. That was simply a scenario gave to assess the type of person you are. I simply don't respect people who allow themselves to submit to being bullied by a superior opponent. You struck me as that type of guy with your retard logic earlier. Also the Warriors have shown disrespect towards the Spurs. Draymond and CO talked a lot of shit after the spurs only win against them this year by discrediting it in as many ways as possible. Also what the Warriors say doesn't bother me I'm not thinking about them 24/7 but I will call a spade for a spade. They are bunch of douchebags whose leader is a glorified role player that is a front runner and I will leave it at that. I don't respect arrogant people regardless of how successful they are that's just how I'm wired.

That's also something that losers do. The Spurs need to beat their ass.

DMC
04-23-2016, 10:30 AM
GS doesn't need to be humble. They are champs. Beat them and you can be as humble as you want.

DMC
04-23-2016, 10:35 AM
You'd think they had won 10 championships in a row the way they act.
Quite the opposite. Did Manning dance after he won the Superbowl? Did he act a fool? No. He's been there. Spurs have been there, didn't need to act a fool. Guys that have been there over and over don't treat it like they just won the lottery. Warriors fought year after year trying to overcome Mark Jackson's shitty system and Kerr comes along and they do. It has to feel cathartic for them so they deserve to feel good about themselves. If they win again this year you'll begin to see cracks in the seams next year as role guys gain a voice and we'll see how they hold up. Either way, they are an historically great team for this era and style of play. They'll mellow out when it's no longer a novelty for them to win.

daslicer
04-23-2016, 12:04 PM
Quite the opposite. Did Manning dance after he won the Superbowl? Did he act a fool? No. He's been there. Spurs have been there, didn't need to act a fool. Guys that have been there over and over don't treat it like they just won the lottery. Warriors fought year after year trying to overcome Mark Jackson's shitty system and Kerr comes along and they do. It has to feel cathartic for them so they deserve to feel good about themselves. If they win again this year you'll begin to see cracks in the seams next year as role guys gain a voice and we'll see how they hold up. Either way, they are an historically great team for this era and style of play. They'll mellow out when it's no longer a novelty for them to win.

Manning didn't even dance after he had won his first superbowl so your point is mute. Some people act like douchebags when they win and others don't it really depends on the type of person you are.

Ice009
04-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Manning didn't even dance after he had won his first superbowl so your point is mute. Some people act like douchebags when they win and others don't it really depends on the type of person you are.

I'm pretty much with you, DA. I'll always been an opposer to arrogance.

If anyone here thinks it's OK to take it up the ass if someone is much more talented than you, then I don't know what to say as I don't agree with that approach. Sure, you can keep working hard and try to get to their level and beat them to shut them up, but that might not ever happen. So does that mean you keep taking it? I don't agree with that logic about them being able to say and do what they want until they are beaten.

DMC
04-23-2016, 10:08 PM
Losers weepers.

NameLess Scrub
04-24-2016, 10:26 PM
After seeing Draymonds take down last night, my first thought was the NBA was going to come out and say the Harden push off should've been called. :lol

They just don't help themselves.

ducks
05-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Draymond after Warriors' Game 3 loss: 'We'll win' Game 4

houston spurs fan
05-08-2016, 01:03 AM
How lucky are these fuckers going to get??? Last year it was no Spurs, no OKC, no (healthy) Clippers, and a Kyrie injured Cavs team. This year they are playing fucking Portland in the semis while Curry nurses back to health. Kawhi and the boys are coming for you...

spurraider21
05-08-2016, 01:56 AM
seriously! they're so lucky that their best player has been out for 5 playoff games!

houston spurs fan
05-08-2016, 07:45 AM
seriously! they're so lucky that their best player has been out for 5 playoff games!
Doesn't matter when you play the Blazers in round 2. If Kawhi was out we'd still sweep them