PDA

View Full Version : OT: UFC posterboy McGregor retires

Thebesteva
04-19-2016, 07:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/15272422/conor-mcgregor-tweets-decided-retire-young

lol wtf?

RIP UFC :lol

Molotov
04-20-2016, 01:51 AM
Overrated pos league.

Clipper Nation
04-20-2016, 02:03 AM
:lmao MMGay

This pretty much confirms it: McGregor would be a nobody in boxing. If he ever went up against Floyd, he'd retire after the weigh-in :lol

AlexJones
04-20-2016, 04:32 AM
Sources say he wanted 10 mil and UFC rejected

:lmao failed power move

benefactor
04-20-2016, 06:22 AM
Publicity stunt tbh

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2016, 10:48 AM
He knows Nate is gonna tax that ass...he needs that 10 mill for a good retirement...either way he knows another loss to Nate and he's done for good :lol

whitemamba
04-20-2016, 02:04 PM

This pretty much confirms it: McGregor would be a nobody in boxing. If he ever went up against Floyd, he'd retire after the weigh-in :lol

First things first, THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN MMA AND BOXING. You would have to be a god damn retard to think they are the same, totally different sports. Its like comparing a wrestlign to BJJ, different rules, different styles of fighting.

whitemamba
04-20-2016, 02:05 PM
He knows Nate is gonna tax that ass...he needs that 10 mill for a good retirement...either way he knows another loss to Nate and he's done for good :lol

anyone who knows anything about fighting knew Nate was winning that fight. Stupid irish faggot doesnt know shit about being tough. Diaz is a tough mother fucker,.

I. Hustle
04-20-2016, 02:07 PM
First things first, THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN MMA AND BOXING. You would have to be a god damn retard to think they are the same, totally different sports. Its like comparing a wrestlign to BJJ, different rules, different styles of fighting.

Blow Job Jamboree?

Clipper Nation
04-20-2016, 02:41 PM
Tell that to the MMGay fans who try to compare their "sport" to boxing and other combat sports.

04-20-2016, 03:34 PM
:lol Dana White

Mitch
04-20-2016, 03:57 PM

He'll be sucking Ronda's oversized clit to come back and fight Holm, tbh

Brazil
04-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Who ?

UZER
04-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Who ?

Ewan McGregor. He's an actor.

Stand
04-20-2016, 07:02 PM
anyone who knows anything about fighting knew Nate was winning that fight. Stupid irish faggot doesnt know shit about being tough. Diaz is a tough mother fucker,.

No, they didn't. Nate was rolling off a barstool for a huge payday and so no one had any clue what he would actually look like when he got into there. Now if he had a full training camp then that would have been a whole other story, but he didn't and so the whole thing looked like a complete showcase/give me fight for Conor. Nate ain't no bitch though and so he did what many hoped he would.

whitemamba
04-20-2016, 08:41 PM
Blow Job Jamboree?
brazilian jujitsu lol. Do you live in Irvine ?

No, they didn't. Nate was rolling off a barstool for a huge payday and so no one had any clue what he would actually look like when he got into there. Now if he had a full training camp then that would have been a whole other story, but he didn't and so the whole thing looked like a complete showcase/give me fight for Conor. Nate ain't no bitch though and so he did what many hoped he would.

lol Conor trying to take him down was a good example of Conor being an idiot , Nate is black belt in jujitsu , the Irish man didn't know that Diaz was pacing himself and stuff. Diaz has been fighting professionally for a long time he ain't no fool.

LakerHater
04-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Dana White = Nazi

ezau
04-20-2016, 11:15 PM
This is what happens when the promotional company (UFC) tries to lowball its main investments--the fighters. The UFC needs to to treat its fighters 'partners' instead of just mere employees soon if they want their business to stay afloat. Eventually, fighters will have more power to negotiate their pay because that's how professional combat sports work. Just take a look at boxing.

Connor is making a ballsy and gutsy move here. He's young and he can eventually move to either wrestling or Bellator after his stint with the UFC. He's walking away with millions of dollars in the bank while still young and healthy.

baseline bum
04-20-2016, 11:28 PM
So Starbucks finally offered him that raise?

whitemamba
04-21-2016, 11:07 AM
This is what happens when the promotional company (UFC) tries to lowball its main investments--the fighters. The UFC needs to to treat its fighters 'partners' instead of just mere employees soon if they want their business to stay afloat. Eventually, fighters will have more power to negotiate their pay because that's how professional combat sports work. Just take a look at boxing.

Connor is making a ballsy and gutsy move here. He's young and he can eventually move to either wrestling or Bellator after his stint with the UFC. He's walking away with millions of dollars in the bank while still young and healthy.

Walking away with millions of dollars? He made 1 mill on his last fight, and is worth about 14-15 mill according to sources. With his life style that 15 mil would be gone in less than 2 years. So he would never walk away, this was a stunt, and sounded like it worked.

Clipper Nation
04-21-2016, 11:34 AM
:lol "Connor McFaggot will surpass Floyd"
:lol "Ronald Rousey could beat Floyd"
:lol Almost 50 years old, but still acts like a teenager
:lol Sole claim to fame in life is running a synchronized dry-humping tournament

04-21-2016, 11:39 AM
:lol "Connor McFaggot will surpass Floyd"
:lol "Ronald Rousey could beat Floyd"
:lol Almost 50 years old, but still acts like a teenager
:lol Sole claim to fame in life is running a synchronized dry-humping tournament
:lol

Obstructed_View
04-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Or DO he?

koriwhat
04-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Tell that to the MMGay fans who try to compare their "sport" to boxing and other combat sports.

Mma guys could never hang during our workouts at the boxing gym i attended yrs ago. They also weren't much of a threat during sparring sessions. It is what it is, they don't box.

Cry Havoc
04-22-2016, 01:54 PM

And if Conor ever met Floyd in the street and Floyd tried anything, Conor would absolutely kill him without breaking a sweat.

Trying to hug the other guy doesn't work in the real world.

K...
04-22-2016, 02:36 PM
And if Conor ever met Floyd in the street and Floyd tried anything, Conor would absolutely kill him without breaking a sweat.

Trying to hug the other guy doesn't work in the real world.

Except both those guys are pussy and would use their posse to fight.

Cry Havoc
04-22-2016, 04:10 PM
Except both those guys are pussy and would use their posse to fight.

lol... calling two guys who fight professionally pussy.

I'm not a Mayweather fan by any means but it's pretty hilarious that you're sitting behind a keyboard talking trash. Either one of them would ruin your life before you knew they'd hit you.

Cry Havoc
04-22-2016, 04:51 PM
that's what mma guys do

conor is bigger than floyd, but floyds the superior athlete.

i'd put my money on money in this matchup ... but i think sweat and blood would be involved

0 chance Floyd wins. Zero. If boxing was effective in MMA, you'd see fighters in MMA specialize in boxing.

Boxers get eviscerated because as soon as the other fighter closes the distance, they're relatively helpless. Hell, boxers get destroyed by kickboxers and that doesn't even include a ground game.

stand-up fighters beat wrestlers any day of the week because they don't go to the ground

:lol You might want to let GSP and Matt Hughes know that.

Thebesteva
04-22-2016, 11:25 PM
Hu
Mma fighters typically aren't good boxers or else they'd be boxers and make money

all jokes aside...while I love boxing way more I trained in amateur boxing for 4 years when I was a young buck and now I train BJJ+kickboxing for the past 3 years. In reality an MMA fighter VS a boxer would not even be close 90% of the time. If you don't have ground game a BJJ or wrestler can take you down with ease and end you.

That being said, I love boxing much more vs MMA as far as watching the sports go and the way they pay their fighters. UFC is a joke

K...
04-23-2016, 08:29 PM
how would a wrestler take someone to the ground who can just stand there and pummel them?

could try the olll bum rush i guess but that's a recipe for instant knock out

Do you watch ufc? There are dozens of take downs per event? You mean to tell me the guys are missing the totally obvious strategy of punching a guy?

Truthfully, it does happen. But the answer is rush with your head down, time it after the punch, go low. It's a skill and if mastered, wins.

K...
04-23-2016, 08:32 PM
Fwiw isn't the new story that he was willing to fight but not to shill? This is two douches trying to sell a fight. Ps if Rhonda and mcgreggy fail then it'll be Jon Jones selling the league.

Thebesteva
04-23-2016, 09:21 PM
how would a wrestler take someone to the ground who can just stand there and pummel them?

could try the olll bum rush i guess but that's a recipe for instant knock out

LOL ur joking right? Quite easily