PDA

View Full Version : My God, I have never seen a more boring series. Feels like a preaseason game.

apalisoc_9
04-19-2016, 10:39 PM
Not even a regular season game.

How can you even build competitive intensity when by the end of the 2nd quarter, you're up by a million.

Almost wish We play dallas instead.

Keepin' it real
04-19-2016, 10:46 PM
Never post again

/thread

TrainOfThought5
04-19-2016, 10:46 PM
Im not gonna lie... this is reeeeally boring.

spursfaninla
04-19-2016, 10:47 PM
I do not mind taking a bye.

Rest for the starters, reduces the risk of injury.

daslicer
04-19-2016, 10:48 PM
I'll take this over an exciting first round series like last year where the Spurs lost.

KDKSpurs24
It's not as interesting as most of our playoff series but i don't even care. It's still enjoyable to watch my team win.

BillMc
I'll take this over an exciting first round series like last year where the Spurs lost.

This is true.

td4mvp21
04-19-2016, 10:52 PM
I'd rather have this than last year, but yeah, it's not too exciting.

PopTheGOAT
04-19-2016, 10:53 PM
Send Austin Spurs to Memphis, tbh

rastaspur
04-19-2016, 10:55 PM
The Bosley hair commercial is more exciting than the game footage. That guy really increased his coverage. I was impressed with the results.

SpursFan86
04-19-2016, 10:59 PM
Obviously this is more preferable to playing a team like the Clippers in the 1st round, but I am starting to wonder if it'd be better to play a team like Dallas/Houston/Portland where we would've at least been challenged somewhat. We're getting no opportunity to work on late-game execution, the games don't have typical playoff intensity, and the rotations aren't what they'll be in the later rounds (guys like Kawhi/Aldridge aren't even playing 30 mpg). Again, of course I'd rather have a series like this compared to a crazy challenging series where we're in danger of being eliminated...but I feel like there's a medium that's probably better than both.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2016, 11:02 PM
I missed game 1 live and only watched the 2nd half tonight..it's some of the worst basketball I've ever seen in the playoffs, looks like 90s ball out there, tbh:lol

I can't believe people are worried or trying to analyze anything..the only thing to take away from this series is that the Spurs are going to be in serious trouble of losing game 1 of the 2nd round after playing one of the worst playoff teams I've ever seen for an entire series:lol..

YGWHI
04-19-2016, 11:03 PM
Obviously this is more preferable to playing a team like the Clippers in the 1st round, but I am starting to wonder if it'd be better to play a team like Dallas/Houston/Portland where we would've at least been challenged somewhat. We're getting no opportunity to work on late-game execution, the games don't have typical playoff intensity, and the rotations aren't what they'll be in the later rounds (guys like Kawhi/Aldridge aren't even playing 30 mpg). Again, of course I'd rather have a series like this compared to a crazy challenging series where we're in danger of being eliminated...but I feel like there's a medium that's probably better than both.

Agree. Should we be worried about they being rusty? Kawhi 4-10, LMA 5-11, Parker 3-9 tonight...

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2016, 11:03 PM

Yep..Spurs are going to be really, really rusty in game 1 of round 2, unfortunately..

It's tough to ask for intensity when they're playing a team that would finish last in the West if they re-played the regular season..

ViceCity86
04-19-2016, 11:04 PM
Reminds me of Spurs Grizzlies 2004 series R1

TrainOfThought5
04-19-2016, 11:04 PM
Send Austin Spurs to Memphis, tbh

Did ray mccallum play tonight?

resistanze
04-19-2016, 11:06 PM
Brutal tbh

PopTheGOAT
04-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Did ray mccallum play tonight?
nope, just xavier mumford

SpursFan86
04-19-2016, 11:09 PM
I mean we're legitimately playing the equivalent of a 15-win (probably not even that) team :lol Going from playing a bottom-3 team in the league for 4 straight games to playing against OKC could definitely cause some problems.

Luckily we have a veteran squad with guys who have been deep in the playoffs before and even played OKC specifically, but still. The difference between this series and next series is going to be staggering.

DAF86
04-19-2016, 11:09 PM
They should try to focus on getting their shit toghether offensively. If we can't make shots now that the pressure is basically non-existent, we're fucked.

daslicer
04-19-2016, 11:12 PM
It works both ways in the sense if the Spurs had a hard first round series they risk injuries and getting worn out early in the playoffs. Trolls bitching about an easy series simply because their trolling is limited in this series.

ViceCity86
04-19-2016, 11:15 PM
Just need one game to warm up to the Thunder.Game one could be a problem though.

LakerHater
04-19-2016, 11:15 PM
Hope this series dnt fuck us up for the next round!

jdelar03
04-19-2016, 11:23 PM
As long as they are winning by 20+ that to me shows their sharp and focused lets see if the continue these beat downs in memphis

DPG21920
04-19-2016, 11:23 PM
Hopefully the SL uses this as a tune up on offense. They need to at least build confidence on offense because this terrible defense is causing them issues.

However, rest is important for this squad. Plus, practice time I believe to be critical. The more time coaches have to gameplan and the more practice they can get, the better. Hoping that offsets any series shock from a competitiveness perspective.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2016, 11:27 PM
It works both ways in the sense if the Spurs had a hard first round series they risk injuries and getting worn out early in the playoffs. Trolls bitching about an easy series simply because their trolling is limited in this series.

Because there's no middle ground between a series like the 2014 Mavs or 2015 Clippers vs. a team with less than 5 legit NBA rotation players:rolleyes

TheDoctor
04-19-2016, 11:36 PM
That was the BEST series of all last year Playoffs (Finals included). Clips finished so mentally exhausted that layed an egg vs HOU in the Semis.

DPG21920
04-19-2016, 11:36 PM
Because there's no middle ground between a series like the 2014 Mavs or 2015 Clippers vs. a team with less than 5 legit NBA rotation players:rolleyes

You have no concerns at all about the SL offense?

DPG21920
04-19-2016, 11:37 PM
That was the BEST series of all last year Playoffs (Finals included). Clips finished so mentally exhausted that layed an egg vs HOU in the Semis.

It was a sick playoff series. Crazy that it was a first round. The West was absolutely nuts last year with seeding and the difference between 7 & 2 being basically nothing.

spursistan
04-19-2016, 11:38 PM
let's not act like playing against a bunch of bickering quitters like Houston would have done us any favor..Spurs would have still beaten up on Dallas IMO (terrible matchup for them)..Portland was the only other that would have pushed us a bit...THIS 1ST round was going to be a BYE anyhow due to shittiness of the West outside the top 4..Spurs would have still swept Memphis with Gasol/Conley only that the margin would be +10 point instead of +25

tmtcsc
04-19-2016, 11:40 PM
Wait, the Andersons got tickets? How did theyget tickets? The game was sold out!!!!!

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2016, 11:40 PM

I have concerns about the offense based on their performance over the entire regular season(particularly Danny Green's shooting and Tim becoming an offensive liability, at times), but not based on this series, at all..it's essentially an exhibition..

I never came into this series expecting them to "turn it on" or that Memphis being so bad would help the Spurs "get in a rhythm"..it's human nature to not play as hard and focused vs. a team with virtually no NBA talent, especially when you've been beating them by 20 without breaking a sweat..not to mention the Grizzlies' style of play and strategy has been to make the game ugly..

This Grizzlies team easily has less talent than this year's Suns, Lakers and Nets..only the 6ers probably have less talent(not even 100% sure about that, too)..

ViceCity86
04-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Type of series that should be played at noon on weekdays.

DPG21920
04-19-2016, 11:42 PM
I have concerns about the offense based on their performance over the entire regular season(particularly Danny Green's shooting and Tim becoming an offensive liability, at times), but not based on this series, at all..it's essentially an exhibition..

I never came into this series expecting them to "turn it on" or that Memphis being so bad would help the Spurs "get in a rhythm"..it's human nature to not play as hard and focused vs. a team with virtually no NBA talent, especially when you've been beating them by 20 without breaking a sweat..not to mention the Grizzlies' style of play and strategy has been to make the game ugly..

I sort of agree, but with them being such a mediocre defensive team? I definitely was expecting the offense (SL) to generate good looks and convert. You shouldn't have to try hard to look good offensively against MEM IMO. At least the bench is coming around.

apalisoc_9
04-19-2016, 11:44 PM

I'm sure harlem is concenred. Like with anyone else..(Tim Duncan is really the biggest culprit of the slow starts and Parker to a lesser extent) but at this point this team isnt going tl change its starting lineup. But no one should be concerned about the offense in this series considering the terrible competition.

Its also impossible to work on offense and execute knowin you're playing D-Leaguers. You can see it in them. These guys are dissappinted they're playing a shitty team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2016, 11:48 PM
It's not about the starters individually, it's the bizarre emphasis on isolation heavy sets. Outside of some PnR action with Tony and LaMarcus, we're essentially running an ISO offense with the starters taking turns (Tony off the dribble, Tim on the block, Kawhi on the block or wing, and Aldridge on the block). It's stand around and watch, and is very easy to defend (relative to our motion O from two years ago).

It's frankly idiotic and feels like it's setting us up for an easy exit against quality opposition (be it Golden State or maybe even OKC). Pop needs to pull his head out of his ass and get the beautiful game going again. That's when this team and offense is at its best.

DPG21920
04-19-2016, 11:48 PM
I'm sure harlem is concenred. Like with anyone else..(Tim Duncan is really the biggest culprit of the slow starts and Parker to a lesser extent) but at this point this team isnt going tl change its starting lineup. But no one should be concerned about the offense in this series considering the terrible competition.

Its also impossible to work on offense and execute knowin you're playing D-Leaguers. You can see it in them. These guys are dissappinted they're playing a shitty team.

But where was that excuse to end the season when SA was playing good teams like GS? You saw the same issues. The offense for the first 2/3rds of the year did not look like this. It was the final stretch where the SL offense was not converting.

Even when DG struggled to start the year, the SL was putting up significant offensive metrics. It nose dived towards the end of the year.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2016, 11:52 PM
But where was that excuse to end the season when SA was playing good teams like GS? You saw the same issues. The offense for the first 2/3rds of the year did not look like this. It was the final stretch where the SL offense was not converting.

Even when DG struggled to start the year, the SL was points significant offensive metrics. It nose dived towards the end of the year.

The issues are definitely serious, no denying that, I just don't put any stock in this series..

It's pretty difficult to build a good offense in a brand new system with Danny Green shooting 33% from 3, Duncan struggling on offense and TP having a disastrous 2nd half of the season..the starting unit's offense was essentially Kawhi and Aldridge vs. the world..

As for your last point, that's probably due to Parker..he had a ridiculously good 1st half of the season, but a terrible 2nd half(efficiency took a nosedive)..when you already have this year's version of Green and Tim on the floor, your offense needs Parker to play at a high level..

TrainOfThought5
04-19-2016, 11:52 PM
It's not about the starters individually, it's the bizarre emphasis on isolation heavy sets. Outside of some PnR action with Tony and LaMarcus, we're essentially running an ISO offense with the starters taking turns (Tony off the dribble, Tim on the block, Kawhi on the block or wing, and Aldridge on the block). It's stand around and watch, and is very easy to defend (relative to our motion O from two years ago).

It's frankly idiotic and feels like it's setting us up for an easy exit against quality opposition (be it Golden State or maybe even OKC). Pop needs to pull his head out of his ass and get the beautiful game going again. That's when this team and offense is at its best.

Cant do that consistently without a guard that can consistently draw double teams in the paint to drive and kick from.

apalisoc_9
04-19-2016, 11:53 PM

You're a legitimate retard. Please do not ever discuss basketball in a sports forum, irl, chat or any other form of discussion. Take a seat and just read. Thanks.

steeledl
04-19-2016, 11:54 PM
I you were the GM and we traded Kawhi got Ariza I bet this would be a better series, tbh.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2016, 11:55 PM
You're a legitimate retard. Please do not ever discuss basketball in a sports forum, irl, chat or any other form of discussion. Take a seat and just read. Thanks.

Others are voicing the same concerns. Been here long before you and talking x's and o's, thanks.

Why don't you do all of us a favor, head downtown, and toss your computer in the Riverwalk while you're at it? If you want to discuss the issues with our offense, go for it. Personal insults? What are you, 12?

apalisoc_9
04-20-2016, 12:00 AM

Even when DG struggled to start the year, the SL was putting up significant offensive metrics. It nose dived towards the end of the year.

The Warriors gutted the spurs in that game but even them experienced a significant drop late in the season. I'm concerend about the offense, but you have to understand that the way this team is structured offensively, they're not going to go out there and score 30. My concern is largely with Green's shooting. I'm not even that worried with Duncan against GSW since he benched him in favour of Diaw in the one game we won.

Again teams posting historic regular season wins typically experience a drop off in play late in the season. GSW last year, GSW this year, Spurs this year, A couple.of the miami runs etc. It's extremely common.

It could be a mental thing...but even Manu admotted sometimes they just wished the playoffs would start. They lost focus with nothing to play for. Check his interview a few week ago iirc

SAGirl
04-20-2016, 12:03 AM
The issues are definitely serious, no denying that, I just don't put any stock in this series..

It's pretty difficult to build a good offense in a brand new system with Danny Green shooting 33% from 3, Duncan struggling on offense and TP having a disastrous 2nd half of the season..the starting unit's offense was essentially Kawhi and Aldridge vs. the world..

As for your last point, that's probably due to Parker..he had a ridiculously good 1st half of the season, but a terrible 2nd half(efficiency took a nosedive)..when you already have this year's version of Green and Tim on the floor, your offense needs Parker to play at a high level..
Enlightened post. Good review.:tu
I saw Pop stick with Timmy even though he was struggling and he ended up finally drawing some fouls.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2016, 12:05 AM
Also to consider DPG, a lot of these slow starts are a result of our team trying to control the pace of the game. They've been working really hard the whole season doing that. Sometimes it's ugly and its been ugly the whole march, but you got to understand this team went from fast penetrating attack to Iso heacy sets to control the pace.

They just need to digure out how to play more efficiently because they've mastered the art of dictating the pace already. In just one season.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2016, 12:06 AM
Others are voicing the same concerns. Been here long before you and talking x's and o's, thanks.

Why don't you do all of us a favor, head downtown, and toss your computer in the Riverwalk while you're at it? If you want to discuss the issues with our offense, go for it. Personal insults? What are you, 12?

Please get back to beautifull game :cry

What a vanilla mainstram retard fan :lmao

Kawhitstorm
04-20-2016, 12:09 AM
I can't believe people are worried or trying to analyze anything..the only thing to take away from this series is that the Spurs are going to be in serious trouble of losing game 1 of the 2nd round after playing one of the worst playoff teams I've ever seen for an entire series:lol..

Considering LMA wasn't fully comfortable w/ his sore pinky & Diaw returning from injury along w/ Tim needing PT to get his rhythm back, banging w/ Z-Bo in an exhibition game is as good as you can ask for those guys.

Patty/Danny/Porky also could use a series to regain their confidence & at the least Patty/Danny are hitting open shots along w/ Porky attacking the rim.

Pop is also using the series as an opportunity to get K-Mart acclimated w/ the rotation players & he is knocking down his outside shots. Manu also can play 15-20 minutes & save himself for the rest of the playoffs.

Hopefully, LMA/Diaw will be close to a 100% by the start of the 2nd rd.

DPG21920
04-20-2016, 12:12 AM
The good news is, and what gives me hope is two things:

Bench/3PT: Both looking better this series.

Against good opponents: Even to end the year, I felt they generated good looks, they didn't hit. If our guys are hitting 3's and the offense can create good looks, SA has a shot.

weeks
04-20-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm just frustrated because we have to wait until the second round at least to find out if Aldridge was really worth it or not

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2016, 12:17 AM
Please get back to beautifull game :cry

What a vanilla mainstram retard fan :lmao

Another solid take :tu

This team can't beat Golden State in a series running iso ball. Golden State thrives against that kind of O, it lets Green roam and cause problems.

Hell, I'm not even sure we'll get past OKC with it.

You bitch about Danny's shooting? Well guess what? Two years ago he and Patty both were open repeatedly with no man within ten feet of them thanks to that motion O. Now? He's got a guy all over him, or within a step at best. Figure it out. You run a mid-post offense with Aldridge and it changes the spacing on the court, and compresses the distance the defense has to cover on any rotation.

But keep bringing the insults, it's a lot easier than actually talking about the problems with our offense.

houston spurs fan
04-20-2016, 12:17 AM
I missed game 1 live and only watched the 2nd half tonight..it's some of the worst basketball I've ever seen in the playoffs, looks like 90s ball out there, tbh:lol

This is why you shouldn't post here. You don't watch the games and are a bandwagon "fan". You say stuff merely to arouse or antagonize people with really no knowledge of what you speak of. You should go route for the Warriors now, more their style.

Kawhitstorm
04-20-2016, 12:18 AM
I'm sure harlem is concenred. Like with anyone else..(Tim Duncan is really the biggest culprit of the slow starts and Parker to a lesser extent) but at this point this team isnt going tl change its starting lineup.

The "slow" starts in this series can be attributed to Kawhi/LMA starting out cold. (Tony hasn't been hot either but that's expected:lol)

Kawhitstorm
04-20-2016, 12:19 AM
I'm just frustrated because we have to wait until the second round at least to find out if Aldridge was really worth it or not

He's playing Z-Bo as well as Tiago.:toast

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2016, 12:20 AM
This is why you shouldn't post here. You don't watch the games and are a bandwagon "fan". You say stuff merely to arouse or antagonize people with really no knowledge of what you speak of. You should go route for the Warriors now, more their style.

http://imh.ulximg.com/image/724x483/gallery/1460642157_12cf656575d83e952cf5d493ef473621.png/d26153e2a144f550cc6b1dea747c1318/1460642157_037bcd09a2875660531f21bbb291dda6.png

apalisoc_9
04-20-2016, 12:23 AM
The "slow" starts in this series can be attributed to Kawhi/LMA starting out cold. (Tony hasn't been hot either but that's expected:lol)

The spacing with the starters is atrocious. :lol

I was just.going through some of Kawhi and Aldridge post ups yesterday. I'm.embarrased to say I only realized yesterday but Kawhi is most efficient when Aldridge makes the post pass and moves to wait for a long range two. He's also had the easiest time to make that post pass. Tony and Danny are always throwing dangerous passes. :lol

When Kawhi makes the post pass to Aldridge, he gets so much room in the post. Its unreal. He can really eat Green there. I'm surprsied pop hasnt utilized that post up set that much against GSW

apalisoc_9
04-20-2016, 12:25 AM
Another solid take :tu

This team can't beat Golden State in a series running iso ball. Golden State thrives against that kind of O, it lets Green roam and cause problems.

Hell, I'm not even sure we'll get past OKC with it.

You bitch about Danny's shooting? Well guess what? Two years ago he and Patty both were open repeatedly with no man within ten feet of them thanks to that motion O. Now? He's got a guy all over him, or within a step at best. Figure it out. You run a mid-post offense with Aldridge and it changes the spacing on the court, and compresses the distance the defense has to cover on any rotation.

But keep bringing the insults, it's a lot easier than actually talking about the problems with our offense.

I'm dying here. :lmao

This retard has no idea and has zero knwoledge about the lrocess of slowing the game down and what entails it. Its almost like talking to a 12 year old kid who has never studied the game enough. :lol

Beautifull game :lmao

apalisoc_9
04-20-2016, 12:25 AM
http://imh.ulximg.com/image/724x483/gallery/1460642157_12cf656575d83e952cf5d493ef473621.png/d26153e2a144f550cc6b1dea747c1318/1460642157_037bcd09a2875660531f21bbb291dda6.png

:lmaol

houston spurs fan
04-20-2016, 12:28 AM
Definitely a GSW fan, thanks for admitting

04-20-2016, 12:33 AM
We destroyed a shitty Portland team in the 2nd round of the 2014 playoffs and didn't have any rust problems in game 1 of the WCF finals. I guess you could argue we had already had a test in the 1st round that got us engaged, but how long does that placebo effect last?

All in all, I think any problems we face in the 2nd round, will be the same problems we faced all year(slow starts, lack of elite guard play, bench inconsistency, etc etc)...

YGWHI
04-20-2016, 12:34 AM
Also to consider DPG, a lot of these slow starts are a result of our team trying to control the pace of the game. They've been working really hard the whole season doing that. Sometimes it's ugly and its been ugly the whole march, but you got to understand this team went from fast penetrating attack to Iso heacy sets to control the pace.

They just need to digure out how to play more efficiently because they've mastered the art of dictating the pace already. In just one season.

We can say that Pop is making moves in order to beat Warriors...Sign LMA to compete with their small ball...Adopt this style of offense to slow the pace...

Also, in the first part of the season, Pop didn't seem to want to establish Parker-LMA two-man game early in the games like now, just let him play and the offense looked a bit more fluid.

In the last games, force-feed means that the first quarter is all about to try to find a good angle to pass the ball to LMA, or just give it to Parker to drive to the hoop... and we know that the latter is an issue.

There aren't goods "drive and kick" situations, they park Kawhi in the corner for nothing because Pop doesn't call plays for his 3's, Pop wants Parker to stay aggressive and look for his own shots in the first minutes and most times he misses those shots...
This kinda sums up the 1st quarters for the Spurs and their slow starts in the games.

Kawhitstorm
04-20-2016, 12:35 AM
When Kawhi makes the post pass to Aldridge, he gets so much room in the post. Its unreal. He can really eat Green there. I'm surprsied pop hasnt utilized that post up set that much against GSW

Based on the regular season, it seems like Pop doesn't want Kawhi/LMA on the same side of the court to prevent the defense from loading up the strongside which is why he insists on using Danny to make the post entry pass.:lol

Otherwise, LMA destroyed the Grizz in the regular season.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2016, 12:51 AM
Based on the regular season, it seems like Pop doesn't want Kawhi/LMA on the same side of the court to prevent the defense from loading up the strongside which is why he insists on using Danny to make the post entry pass.:lol

Otherwise, LMA destroyed the Grizz in the regular season.

Yeah, i get the reasoning. It's just hard to deny how much they're better off when one of the other makes the entry pass.

Hoops Czar
04-20-2016, 12:52 AM

So at first, it was wanting to tank for Memphis so the Spurs could ease into the playoffs and now, it's wishing for tougher competition because the Spurs aren't being challenged :lol? You can't have it both ways. As far as the late game execution, it's too late for that. That's what practice and regular season games are for. What you're seeing out there isn't rust though. That's actually what the offense has looked like over the last month and a half. It's a good thing the Grizzlies were ranked 29th in total team defense since March because a solid defense would have given them a ton of problems.

Kawhitstorm
04-20-2016, 12:54 AM
Yeah, i get the reasoning. It's just hard to deny how much they're better off when one of the other makes the entry pass.

That would be a play Pop could run at the end of games ala the Tim/Manu give & go.

Nathan89
04-20-2016, 12:56 AM
This is less entertaining than a preseason game. There is a lot of anticipation during the preseason to at least watch new players or players trying to make the team. These games are just boring.

SouthernFried
04-20-2016, 01:11 AM
These ARE boring games. But, LMA gets to rest his pinky, Parker looks like he's starting to gear up, Patty is coming out...even Diaw is looking more mobile.

Great playoff warmup games, imho. And I'll take it over the 1st round slugfest we had last year any day. We're gonna have plenty of Slugfests to come...

sexinthatsx
04-20-2016, 01:26 AM
Welcome to Spurstalk - where if the Spurs suck people cliff jump. When the Spurs are dominating, people STILL cliff jump. Posters here want the best of both worlds; they want to have the cake and eat it too.

Spurtacular
04-20-2016, 01:29 AM
Never post again

/thread

100%duncan
04-20-2016, 05:28 AM
Agreed. Missed both games due to class. I watched game 1's replay because Kawhi scored 20. I dont know if I wanna watch game 2. :lmao

siraulo23
04-20-2016, 05:49 AM
2nd rounds gonna be fire tho

okc spurs, clippers warriors

damn

SpursFan86
04-20-2016, 08:34 AM
let's not act like playing against a bunch of bickering quitters like Houston would have done us any favor..Spurs would have still beaten up on Dallas IMO (terrible matchup for them)..Portland was the only other that would have pushed us a bit...THIS 1ST round was going to be a BYE anyhow due to shittiness of the West outside the top 4..Spurs would have still swept Memphis with Gasol/Conley only that the margin would be +10 point instead of +25

I think you're underestimating the difference between teams like Portland/Dallas/Houston and this current Memphis squad. Those first 3 teams are at least 40-45 win teams and are capable of occasionally pushing us and making us work for a win. Memphis with their injuries legitimately has an argument for being the worst team in the league outside of Philadelphia. The dropoff from teams like Dallas/Portland/Houston to Memphis is astonishing.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-20-2016, 08:37 AM
I think you're underestimating the difference between teams like Portland/Dallas/Houston and this current Memphis squad. Those first 3 teams are at least 40-45 win teams and are capable of occasionally pushing us and making us work for a win. Memphis with their injuries legitimately has an argument for being the worst team in the league outside of Philadelphia. The dropoff from teams like Dallas/Portland/Houston to Memphis is astonishing.

This tbh, they have lost something like 15 of the last 17 games, and those werent games they were throwing away, they were playing for seeding. They are really really bad.

pgardn
04-20-2016, 08:47 AM
Preseason effort?

I don't think so. These games have all turned up a notch. They may be ugly but this is not preseason intensity. Last night they forced us to move the ball around a bit. The lazy ISO went wanting and that's good. This is another game that you would look at the stats (assists) and think we did not move the ball. So the crew needs to keep up with the games and quit assessing via a stat line and board comments.

TDomination
04-20-2016, 09:23 AM
This series reminds me of the 1999 Spurs championship team. Great defensive play, avg to bad offensive play. But defense was so great that it didn't matter that they didn't do that well on offense.

I remember rewatching the entire finals of 99 and I finally realized why so many people labeled the Spurs as boring at that point. Defensive basketball seemed to translate to ugly basketball. The games were low scoring. I mean Game 5 where we won our first championship was 78-77. The most points the Spurs allowed the Knicks to score was 89.

The Spurs held the Warriors to their lowest point total of the year at 79 or something like that. This defense is awesome. But i know that we all wish the offense was at least slightly better. But hopefully its good enough going forward to win 14 more games.

james evans
04-20-2016, 09:41 AM
I'm seeing all of these headlines on yahoo about us having a boring game and series. Guys we're fucked. NO way is the league gonna have us in the finals. NO one would watch it. We're fucked

Snaq O'Meal
04-20-2016, 11:05 AM
Even DRob thinks the series is boring.

urunobili
04-20-2016, 11:10 AM
Jinx thread. Have the feeling the Spurs will drop one just because OP

Blake
04-20-2016, 11:14 AM
2004 1st round sweep over Memphis wasn't much better to watch

Spurtacular
04-20-2016, 06:15 PM
I don't mind having to not sweat out a series. And the OP being the Kawhi ball sucker he is should be happy about it. In the past, KL's sh** his pants when the pressure's been ratcheted up too early.

MVPCues
04-20-2016, 06:49 PM
Jinx thread. Have the feeling the Spurs will drop one just because OP

Timmy and company are going to cure you of that feeling soon enough...

TD 21
04-20-2016, 07:26 PM

Obviously, Duncan has mostly struggled offensively since he missed 9 games with the knee injury, but he's still a plus screen setter/passer and you can still have a good or at least decent offense with a limited offensive center. Granted, most are rim rollers, but still.

The spacing obviously isn't ideal, but it was even less so with Splitter in place of Aldridge and with Leonard not being as good a three-point shooter as he's become. Sure, Duncan and Parker were better then, but there is no rationale for the starting lineup being this bad offensively. The biggest issue is paralysis by analysis.

KL2
04-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Yup, last time I was this bored was probably the '07 finals, didn't even feel like SA really won that year.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2016, 08:28 PM
Can you imagine if Dallas win their series....Two rounds of snoozefest :lol

K...
04-20-2016, 09:32 PM

It could get worst if the winner of clipper warriors were severely disabled by injury, and then crampy lebron.

dabom
04-20-2016, 09:38 PM
It could get worst if the winner of clipper warriors were severely disabled by injury, and then crampy lebron.

Sounds like last years playoffs for the warriettes.

PopTheGOAT
04-20-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm seeing all of these headlines on yahoo about us having a boring game and series. Guys we're fucked. NO way is the league gonna have us in the finals. NO one would watch it. We're fucked
This series is boring because the Grizz suck. How many Spurs v. Warriors/Thunder/Cavs games were boring? The NBA would favor Warriors over Spurs, but they definitely want to see that series.

AFMadison
04-20-2016, 09:57 PM
Who gives a shit tbh, automatic bid to the 2nd round.

pgardn
04-20-2016, 10:05 PM

Id love it.

KL2
04-20-2016, 10:21 PM

For real, I'm actually rooting for OKC to win.

littlecoyotecoin
04-20-2016, 10:46 PM
Id love it.

Me too. Which players on what opposing teams were injured during The Celtics Red years? Pretty much no one remembers. Scoreboard.

z0sa
04-20-2016, 11:33 PM
Id love it.

Yep. No one remembers anyone other than the champs and who they beat.

spursistan
04-21-2016, 09:37 AM
For real, I'm actually rooting for OKC to win.
same here..that would be too much of a cupcake path before running into the Warriors or Clips ..

daslicer
04-21-2016, 10:24 AM
same here..that would be too much of a cupcake path before running into the Warriors or Clips ..

To me it's not about the path its about the Spurs being healthy and rested when they play the Warriors. A tough series can make you weakened and fatigued like what happened to the Clippers last year after they got past the Spurs. I'm all for the scenario of Warriors having to bust their asses against the Clippers in round 2 while the Spurs get to play a cream puff in the Mavs.

SpursBig3s
04-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Everyone wanted the Grizz, we got them, and we're STILL bitching... :lol

I don't give a shit if it's boring, i'll take playoff wins all day

weeks
04-21-2016, 03:37 PM
2nd rounds gonna be fire tho

okc spurs, clippers warriors

damn

those would be WCF level series in any other year

LoneStarState'sPride
04-21-2016, 03:39 PM
I hope every series this playoffs is as lopsided as this in SA's favor.

Fuck excitement. Fuck ratings. Tryna stack rings, son.

spursistan
04-21-2016, 08:46 PM
it is just not the Spurs, this has been one total snoozefest of a 1st round ...Mavs-OKC only game undecided with a minute left :lol

z0sa
04-21-2016, 08:59 PM
>ITT: chick who's been watching basketball since 2013 talks about most boring series she's ever seen

Sean Cagney
04-22-2016, 11:26 AM
Reminds me of Spurs Grizzlies 2004 series R1
2013 series round one was a no brainer as well over LAL tbh...