PDA

View Full Version : It's Been a Great Week to Be a Spurs Fan

BillMc
04-21-2016, 11:24 AM
It's been a great week to be a Spurs fan:

1. Two playoff victories by an average of 29 points.
2. Kawhi wins DPOY.
3. Likely second round opponent struggling with an inferior team (and shows the same weaknesses Spurs have exploited in the past).
4. Despite the playoff schedule Spurs have held 3 solid practices.

All good.

:flag:

Chinook
04-21-2016, 11:26 AM
:toast

Tully365
04-21-2016, 11:29 AM
Plus the concept of being a 67 win underdog compared to Golden State is kind of amazing... a chance to make history. That's a great story line.

thispego
04-21-2016, 11:31 AM
omg stfu mental masturbators

bobby4germany
04-21-2016, 11:32 AM
It is truly amazing that after all these years the Spurs are still competing at such a high level. We are really spoiled fans!

LaMarcus Bryant
04-21-2016, 11:33 AM
I saw 2 fat Asians making love in the woods earlier today

mudyez
04-21-2016, 11:48 AM
I saw 2 fat Asians making love in the woods earlier today

Fuck, I knew I heard something.

DPG21920
04-21-2016, 11:49 AM

If these guys are mental masturbators, does that make you the 40 Year Old Mental Virgin?

100%duncan
04-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Not really. This first round is so boring.

thispego
04-21-2016, 11:55 AM
If these guys are mental masturbators, does that make you the 40 Year Old Mental Virgin?

Whiff! care to take another swing?

Dex
04-21-2016, 11:57 AM
Not really. This first round is so boring.

Not just the Spurs either. The only matchups that have been even remotely interesting are OKCvDAL and maybe CLEvDET, but looks like Detroit already screwed its best chances at an upset.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-21-2016, 11:59 AM
Whiff! care to take another swing?

I guess a good comeback would be you should consider change the "g" in your username to a "d". Kinda of funny when you think about it.

100%duncan
04-21-2016, 11:59 AM
Not just the Spurs either. The only matchups that have been even remotely interesting are OKCvDAL and maybe CLEvDET, but looks like Detroit already screwed its best chances at an upset.

Yeah. The grizzlies is so uninteresting

thispego
04-21-2016, 12:02 PM
I guess a good comeback would be you should consider change the "g" in your username to a "d". Kinda of funny when you think about it.
Only a true pederast would think of something like that

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Only a true pederast would think of something like that

And only a true pederast would actually know what pederast meant.

spursistan
04-21-2016, 12:06 PM

2. Kawhi wins DPOY.
3. Likely second round opponent struggling with an inferior team (and shows the same weaknesses Spurs have exploited in the past).

All good.

pretty underrated element..remember last season 1st round we had a game every other day while flying between SA and Los Angeles with a couple of banged up players-- all after going pedal to metal trying to secure a high seed for the last month of regular season....

i really think the advantages of getting Memphis dwarf any drawbacks. Yes, it is a punching bag masquerading as 1st Round playoff squad, but it isn't like our team was walking into the playoffs ready (LMA's pinkie, cold shooters (Mills/Green/to less extent Kawhi after the quad injury), old dude rusty because of rest,.etc)...The first quarter of Game 1 against the Thunder is going to be critical because of sudden massive upgrade in competition, but i'm fairly confident that our defense won't drop us in a big hole..i could see something like 15-26 and then gradual chipping away at deficit for a close win..

thispego
04-21-2016, 12:07 PM
By your own logic, you're a pederast

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-21-2016, 12:11 PM
By your own logic, you're a pederast

Looked the meaning of it up on google. Internet is an amazing thing. Lighting quick.

I'm sure you google Pederast for other reasons.

TXstbobcat
04-21-2016, 12:12 PM

2. Kawhi wins DPOY.

All good.

+1000 :bobo:flag:

thispego
04-21-2016, 12:16 PM
Looked the meaning of it up on google. Internet is an amazing thing. Lighting quick.

I'm sure you google Pederast for other reasons.
Deflecting, you already done outed yourself as a deviant. An uneducated one at that. Run along now

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-21-2016, 12:18 PM
Deflecting, you already done outed yourself as a deviant. An uneducated one at that. Run along now

Reread your post. Sounds like someone is talking to himself at the moment.

Uriel
04-21-2016, 12:27 PM
Don't forget Curry injuring his ankle and the Clippers looking like they could give the Warriors a real run for their money.

DarrinS
04-21-2016, 12:39 PM
Don't forget Curry injuring his ankle and the Clippers looking like they could give the Warriors a real run for their money.

I don't want Curry to be hurt. That would definitely put an * on this years champion.

hater
04-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Eliancito will go balls deep on us imo

SAGirl
04-21-2016, 01:18 PM

Dex
04-21-2016, 01:25 PM
I don't want Curry to be hurt. That would definitely put an * on this years champion.

Fuck asterisks. Haters want to put asterisks on '99 because of the lockout, or '03 because Dirk went down in the WCF, or '07 because Dallas got knocked out in the first round, or '14 because Ibaka was hobbled. Say all they want, those titles are still in the history books.

You don't see anybody putting asterisks on the Warriors even though they only beat half of the Cavs in the Finals last year. Injuries are a part of the game.

I'm not actively rooting for Curry to be hurt, of course. But I sure as hell wouldn't lose any sleep over it, either.

DarrinS
04-21-2016, 01:52 PM
There were definitely people trying to discredit Warriors championship. That's why they all have a damn chip on their shoulder this season.

99 doesn't deserve asterisk because the lockout applied equally to all teams.

DAF86
04-21-2016, 01:58 PM

Give me all the * you want. Besides, if there's a team that can't complain about getting a championship thanks to injuries is the Warriors.

Darius Bieber
04-21-2016, 02:21 PM

Ginobili was injured when the Grizzlies embarrassed the Spurs in 2011, nobody put an asterisk on that.

spurs10
04-21-2016, 02:43 PM

2. Kawhi wins DPOY.

All good.

:flag: Yes I'm also sure the days off have been good for the team and LMA's finger. People talk about being bored, but walking into Round 2 well rested and practiced is a wonderful place to be. Presuming we put the Grizz away- of course!
Anyone with an educated guess about when the next round will start? It's a 2-2-1-1-1 with two days off between games 2 and 3, and sometimes 6 and 7. I'm just wondering when it might start.

SpursforSix
04-21-2016, 03:12 PM
Fuck asterisks.

houston spurs fan
04-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Let's go Mavs tonight baby! Do us another solid and kick the mentally weak, poorly coached OKC team down while you can at home...

LoneStarState'sPride
04-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Fuck asterisks. Haters want to put asterisks on '99 because of the lockout, or '03 because Dirk went down in the WCF, or '07 because Dallas got knocked out in the first round, or '14 because Ibaka was hobbled. Say all they want, those titles are still in the history books.

You don't see anybody putting asterisks on the Warriors even though they only beat half of the Cavs in the Finals last year. Injuries are a part of the game.

I'm not actively rooting for Curry to be hurt, of course. But I sure as hell wouldn't lose any sleep over it, either.

All of this. I don't give a rat's ass who is out for whatever team for whatever reason as long as SA is floating Larry down the river for a 6th time.

BillMc
04-21-2016, 03:54 PM
pretty underrated element..remember last season 1st round we had a game every other day while flying between SA and Los Angeles with a couple of banged up players-- all after going pedal to metal trying to secure a high seed for the last month of regular season....

i really think the advantages of getting Memphis dwarf any drawbacks. Yes, it is a punching bag masquerading as 1st Round playoff squad, but it isn't like our team was walking into the playoffs ready (LMA's pinkie, cold shooters (Mills/Green/to less extent Kawhi after the quad injury), old dude rusty because of rest,.etc)...The first quarter of Game 1 against the Thunder is going to be critical because of sudden massive upgrade in competition, but i'm fairly confident that our defense won't drop us in a big hole..i could see something like 15-26 and then gradual chipping away at deficit for a close win..

I agree. The benefits will outweigh any drawbacks. Additionally, the practice will tighten up an already dominant d, something we'll need against the Thunder and Warriors. And maybe, just maybe, this time will allow Kevin Martin to become a good contributor off the bench rather than the bust he'd seemed before the playoffs. All the interviews from the April 20th practices have the guys praising him.

We've seen signs that Patty is waking, though it might just be because the Grizz perimeter D is weak. Even so, it'll boost Mills' confidence.

And we'll probably have that one bad first quarter against the Thunder like you say, but fresh legs will make up for that by the end of the game.

Good times ahead for the Spurs. :flag:

BillMc
04-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Let's go Mavs tonight baby! Do us another solid and kick the mentally weak, poorly coached OKC team down while you can at home...

All of this. I don't give a rat's ass who is out for whatever team for whatever reason as long as SA is floating Larry down the river for a 6th time.

Yep and Yep!:bobo

NameLess Scrub
04-21-2016, 04:49 PM
I think we should also celebrate that the Spurs will soon be the Whataburger Spurs.

rastaspur
04-21-2016, 08:10 PM

Truth nuke. :bobo

rastaspur
04-21-2016, 08:14 PM

I don't care either. I told my lady the other night when watching the game that I'd chip in up to $1,000 in a combined pool to hire a thug to tanya harding curry''s ankle. Only if I could contribute and it be confidential. Not trying to catch a case. It be money well spent.

Dex
04-21-2016, 08:18 PM
We might as well enjoy this nice, easy-going series against Memphis because...watching this game against the Mavs and Thunder...

We about to get fucked by the refs.

Get ready for 5v8 basketball, everybody.

tholdren
04-21-2016, 08:20 PM
i do, then i want manu to win fmvp

GSH
04-21-2016, 09:40 PM

2. Kawhi wins DPOY.

With respect, Bill, it's been a good SEASON to be a Spurs fan. Too many people have let Golden States season cast a shadow over things. This was, I think, the most exciting offseason ever for the Spurs. (I know that just invites the pinheads to scream. Obviously getting Tim was better.) The Spurs lost a few games that they shouldn't have, but for the most part they avoided those inexplicable meltdowns where they lose to doormat teams. Kawhi continued to get better, and LMA proved to be all we expected. Boban and Simmons were pleasant surprises, and gave us something to talk about. They set a new franchise record for wins (no small thing, for this franchise) and got into the playoffs healthy.

Obviously winning it all would be the cherry on top. But as regular seasons go, this one was better than the fans of most teams ever get to watch.

Fuck asterisks.

You could have stopped right there. People can take that great big LOB Trophy and shove it up their asterisks. When they bitch about HOW you won, it's because you won.

GSH
04-21-2016, 09:45 PM

I find that in any endeavor, the mental game is very important. Mindless masturbators are probably much less effective.

ace3g
04-21-2016, 09:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cgm_L3HWIAAscut.jpg:large

DPG21920
04-21-2016, 09:49 PM
It's been a great life as a Spurs fan if we are being honest :lol. Especially the last 20 years.

Mugen
04-21-2016, 09:51 PM
It's been a great life as a Spurs fan if we are being honest :lol. Especially the last 20 years.

Pretty much. The most spoiled fanbase in sports since Timmy arrived tbh.

SAGirl
04-21-2016, 10:06 PM
^^^
Timmy looking buffed!

SpurPadre
04-21-2016, 11:07 PM
Well, I just saw some commercial with Taylor Swift on a treadmill listening to a Drake song where he name drops Ginobili. Don't listen to today's rap but that was cool. Does that kind of mainstream exposure count for a good Spurs week? LOL

PopTheGOAT
04-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Well, I just saw some commercial with Taylor Swift on a treadmill listening to a Drake song where he name drops Ginobili. Don't listen to today's rap but that was cool. Does that kind of mainstream exposure count for a good Spurs week? LOL
"I hit that Ginobili with my left hand up like, woo!" songs called Jumpman

SpurPadre
04-21-2016, 11:13 PM
"I hit that Ginobili with my left hand up like, woo!" songs called Jumpman

Thanks.

PopTheGOAT
04-21-2016, 11:13 PM
Thanks.
:bobo

spurs10
04-22-2016, 12:39 AM
It's been a great life as a Spurs fan if we are being honest :lol. Especially the last 20 years. No lie! :bobo

BanditHiro
04-22-2016, 12:55 AM

fuck that noise. i hope Beverly finishes the job

kaji157
04-22-2016, 02:02 AM
I cannot think in more than 3 cities that have had longer tenures in contention as ours.

cutewizard
04-22-2016, 07:17 AM
add to that the ankle of curry, a cause for joy

to be honest, i want to beat an opponent at full strength, i do not fear any team

but hey, this gs team is so arrogant, that i want to beat them at all costs............

hooperflash
04-22-2016, 07:54 AM
It is truly amazing that after all these years the Spurs are still competing at such a high level. We are really spoiled fans!

And yet, there are those fans that find a way to argue with each other and/or not satisfied, tbh. Blows my mind.

cutewizard
04-22-2016, 08:43 AM
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/4/21/11480754/let-it-fly-spurs-breakingT

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-22-2016, 12:19 PM

Love Timmy's shirt. Pretty much a true statement nowadays.

YGWHI
04-22-2016, 05:41 PM

2. Kawhi wins DPOY.

All good.

:toast :flag:

BillMc
04-22-2016, 06:45 PM
:toast :flag:

:bobo

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2016, 04:04 PM

Personally it's been awesome growing up with SA. I'm old enough to remember zero championships, but was still a kid when Duncan was drafted.

Most fans NEVER get to experience what we have in just 20 years. It's amazing, and I'm so proud it's happened to my childhood, hometown team.