PDA

View Full Version : Post Season Awards.

2centsworth
09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2169228

Who's MVP and Cy Young in each league.

American League:

MVP-- Ortiz or A-Rod? I think the weekend series will decide this one, but for right now it's A-Rod because he plays a mean 3rd base. However, a big series by Ortiz over the weekend could potentially swing the votes his way especially if A-Rod doesn't play well. I will have no complaints if Ortiz wins the award because he is a badass.

Cy Young- Has anyone dominated? Because starting pitching is mediocre Rivera is the only logically choice.

National League:

MVP- Andruw Jones, gold glove freak. It's not even close in my mind.

Cy Young- Hard Choice, I would have picked Carpenter a month ago, but he's been stinking hardcore over the past month. Almost a 6.0 ERA. Dontrelle has been pretty good to dominant for the entire year. Let's not forget Roger with is sub-par 2.0 era. Andy Petite is probably better than all of them. Gotta go with Dontrelle because he's been more consistent.

TOP-CHERRY
09-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Andruw Jones should be the MVP in the National League. Without him the Braves would be endlessly weeping right now that their division title streak ended.

atlfan25
10-01-2005, 02:34 AM
American League

Cy Young - Bartolo Colon

MVP - David Ortiz

Rookie of the year - Huston Street

National League

Cy Young - Chris Carpenter

MVP - Andruw Jones

Rookie of the year - Jeff Franoeur

2centsworth
10-01-2005, 04:06 PM
American League

Cy Young - Bartolo Colon

MVP - David Ortiz

Rookie of the year - Huston Street

National League

Cy Young - Chris Carpenter

MVP - Andruw Jones

Rookie of the year - Jeff Franoeur
think the yanks getting the best of the sox swings the vote to A-Rod, especially after he went 4-5 with another HR to CLINCH the division, but again if they want to give it to Ortiz I have absolutely no problems with that.

On the other hand, Rivera is easily the CY Young IMO.

Think your NL awards are right.

atlfan25
10-01-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm one of those who has trouble with a reliever getting the cy young. I did agree with Gagne when he won cuz that was about the sickest year a reliever has ever had.
So I had to go with Colon. Though I don't feel totally comfortable with either one of them getting it.

Looking at the other pitchers in the AL. Santana or Buehrle deserve it as much or more than Colon or even Rivera.

I think I am leaning more towards Santana right now if he pitches well tomorrow.

2centsworth
10-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm one of those who has trouble with a reliever getting the cy young. I did agree with Gagne when he won cuz that was about the sickest year a reliever has ever had.
So I had to go with Colon. Though I don't feel totally comfortable with either one of them getting it.

Looking at the other pitchers in the AL. Santana or Buehrle deserve it as much or more than Colon or even Rivera.

I think I am leaning more towards Santana right now if he pitches well tomorrow.
How can you feel uncomfortable with a reliever winning it but comfortable with a DH winning it?

You must not be much of a yankee fan.

atlfan25
10-01-2005, 05:37 PM
That is correct. My bias is undeniable with the Ortiz choice.

2centsworth
10-01-2005, 05:42 PM
That is correct. My bias is undeniable with the Ortiz choice.
just pointing out the contradiction.

Duff McCartney
10-01-2005, 06:44 PM
ARod is gonna be the MVP. Ortiz is nothing but a fat fuck...there's a reason he's not manning the field with his teammates, it's because he sucks out there. A Rod on the other is probably one of the best 3rd basemen in the league.