PDA

View Full Version : Pop Uses Unique Lineup to Close Game 3==Is this the future against small ball?

wildbill2u
04-24-2016, 11:46 AM
http://projectspurs.com/2016-articles/zooming-in-popovich-closes-game-3-with-unique-lineup-for-spurs-vs-grizzlies.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=zooming-in-popovich-closes-game-3-with-unique-lineup-for-spurs-vs-grizzlies

Interesting take. what do you think about this lineup. I kinda like it, but can it sustain for the future.

cutewizard
04-24-2016, 01:37 PM
Manu as point guard is nice, but old age is fast catching up

i wonder why Pop did not use this line up more often in the regular season?

GSH
04-24-2016, 03:05 PM
There was a stretch of a few years where Manu was clearly the best PG on the team. Parker finally hit his potential, and was a more effective PG. But Manu could facilitate an offense, for sure. He's lost a step, but he's still shifty and smart. I don't know why this would be a surprise to anyone.

Still fun to see things broken down like that. I'd rather read that than a bunch of the fluff pieces they write during the playoffs. Thanks.

senorglory
04-24-2016, 04:06 PM
Manu could facilitate an offense, for sure.

He's a genius at finding the big man on the pick and roll.

wildbill2u
04-24-2016, 05:29 PM
He's a genius at finding the big man on the pick and roll.

Best passer on the team when he's on. And Diaw not far behind. Gives us two veteran unselfish guys with high BB iqs to work with LMA and Leonard. And all of them can score.

freetiago
04-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Another mainstream/casual fan bringing up something I've talked about for months. How much do these casuals get paid tbh? I could probably start writing articles in my spare time.

timtonymanu
04-24-2016, 06:17 PM
That was nearly the same 5 (Timmy instead of Aldridge) that closed out Game 6 against OKC. This was my preferred lineup against the Dubs too.

TheRemix
04-24-2016, 06:20 PM
This is going to be the lineup that will cause GS problems and maybe even okc if the spurs need to use it.

GSH
04-24-2016, 07:16 PM
Another mainstream/casual fan bringing up something I've talked about for months. How much do these casuals get paid tbh?

You didn't say "vanilla". You can't forget vanilla.

T Park
04-24-2016, 08:13 PM
That is the finishing lineup vs OKC or GS. Manu can guard Barnes/whoeverfromOKC and be allowed to roam like a defensive back. Also keeps your two best defenders on their two best players.

Ginobilly
04-24-2016, 08:22 PM
It's their best and more flexible lineup.

SAGirl
04-24-2016, 09:20 PM
I think the ability to switch without huge mismatches on defense is a plus + all perimeter players can shoot the 3 and everyone is defensively good. No weak links.

It's a limited minutes lineup bc of Manu and probably Boris.

DAF86
04-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Why is everyone pretending not to see the dick the thread creator drew in the title?

DAF86
04-24-2016, 10:07 PM
But yeah, that's our best line-up against the Warriors and probably against any team, tbh.

DenialTwist
04-25-2016, 12:14 AM
Manu is better than Parker because he feeds whoever has the hot hand over and over not like Parker who is always looking for his own shot. This is their best lineup.
I still don't think Pop is going to use this lineup because Manu can't play that many minutes. Maybe just in close games.

Obstructed_View
04-25-2016, 10:14 AM
Why is everyone pretending not to see the dick the thread creator drew in the title?

The same reason Rorschach keep painting pictures of my parents fighting.

SpursforSix
04-25-2016, 11:50 AM
Manu is better than Parker because he feeds whoever has the hot hand over and over not like Parker who is always looking for his own shot. This is their best lineup.
I still don't think Pop is going to use this lineup because Manu can't play that many minutes. Maybe just in close games.

If Manu could slow down just a little, I think he could become a Jason Kidd (in his later years) type player. Bring the ball up, make good decisions, hit the open 3 when available. Maybe extend his shelf life. But I doubt Manu could force himself not to play all out.