PDA

View Full Version : April 24, 1915

spurraider21
04-24-2016, 04:52 PM
It's been 101 years now since one the the most terrible tragedies in recent history, the Armenian Genocide. It's absolutely ridiculous and more so insulting that there are still countries (including the one I live in) that still turn a blind eye and refuse to acknowledge that it even happened. In fact, it's even illegal in Turkey to assert that the genocide occurred. Those who have tried to raise awareness have been regularly assassinated (most recent notable instance was Hrant Dink in 2007).

Germany committed the only bigger atrocity (by sheer numbers, not saying one is "better" or "worse"), but at least in they have made concerted efforts to move on. In contrast of the law I mentioned in Turkey, it is in fact illegal in Germany to assert the Holocaust never occurred.

Time heals wounds, but it's impossible to move on when the wrongdoing isn't even acknowledged.

rip

Will Hunting
04-24-2016, 05:07 PM
The worst part of the Armenian genocide was the fact that the Kardashian gene pool survived, tbh.

baseline bum
04-24-2016, 05:13 PM
Germany committed the only bigger atrocity (by sheer numbers, not saying one is "better" or "worse")

Didn't the Ukrainian genocide kill more than either of those two?

Will Hunting
04-24-2016, 05:17 PM

They're all amateurs compared to THAT nigga Mao:

http://memolition.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/tumblr_mclm5napY91rd0f8xo1_1280.jpg

spurraider21
04-24-2016, 05:43 PM
somewhere between 2 and 7 million iirc. the ukranian deaths were almost all from starvation, people weren't rounded up and slaughtered (not that the end result is different)

mao killed the most people but he wasn't picking off people because of race/ethnicity (as far as i'm aware of)... just killing off anybody who could serve as opposition at some point

Mitch
04-25-2016, 12:35 AM
Don't start what you can't finish, tbh

Winehole23
04-25-2016, 07:41 AM
“When heads of state and religious leaders deny the Holocaust from their bully pulpits, we cannot let their lies go unanswered.”https://theintercept.com/2015/04/24/armenians-dont-understand-good-kind-holocaust-denial/