PDA

View Full Version : Dubs minus Curry or Clipps revenge

mudyez
04-25-2016, 02:09 AM
First let me say, that I don't wish an injury to any player. Even though injuries are part of the buisness and we had our runs cut short by some of them, I hope Wardell will be ok.

Second, I'm aware of us still having to beat OKC. That won't be easy and even as I'm having us as favs, it's not unlikely they will end our run.

But still, right now I'm asking myself, if we rather play a Curryless Dubs team (he might not be out this long, but just assume that to be the case) or a healthy Clipps squad in the WCF?

Mal
04-25-2016, 02:28 AM
Stupid post and poll

Arcadian
04-25-2016, 03:06 AM
Clippers. The Spurs usually win their revenge matchups.

spurraider21
04-25-2016, 03:28 AM
dubs without curry would be the easier matchup, but there's always appeal in revenge matchups. loved beating OKC in the '14 WCF then Miami for the chip, but we could have had easier paths with the clippers and pacers

04-25-2016, 03:47 AM
Clippers also have injuries to Blake and Reddick according to that storm guy. So Clippers, I guess.

SouthernFried
04-25-2016, 05:20 AM
GS without Curry, or a healthy Clippers?

Toss a coin.

NameLess Scrub
04-25-2016, 05:49 AM
I think a Curry-less team would be better as their game would be majorly damaged without his talent.

In that case though, they would probably not reach the WCF, as the Clippers will probably not get blown out by 25 by a Curry-less team like the Rockets did.

So if Curry keeps having injury problems, get ready for a massive portion of whines, flops, and mid range action.

hater
04-25-2016, 06:03 AM
Spursfans are so adorable. Praying for injury on games MVP.

Eliancito will be fine and will tear our labia into 3 pieces come WCFs

tmtcsc
04-25-2016, 08:08 AM
I want Golden State full strength. Spurs can and will beat them.

BillMc
04-25-2016, 08:12 AM
I want Golden State full strength. Spurs can and will beat them.

Amen!:toast

urunobili
04-25-2016, 08:28 AM
Jinx thread of the year. If the Spurs lose int he 2nd round you'll be shamed forever on this board.

BillMc
04-25-2016, 08:30 AM
What I want to know is when did Amused start doing game threads for Warriors fans? Judging by Curry's first round it has to be him.:lol

TheDoctor
04-25-2016, 08:37 AM
Either way, the purists and the Phil Jacksons of the world will name this Spurs' championship run an asterisk *.

I say fuck'em. "Luck" is always a factor in any championship just as last year Worriers playoffs run.

peacemaker885
04-25-2016, 08:43 AM
As long as Spurs win, I do not see any difference.

coachmac87
04-25-2016, 08:46 AM
M
Either way, the purists and the Phil Jacksons of the world will name this Spurs' championship run an asterisk *.

I say fuck'em. "Luck" is always a factor in any championship just as last year Worriers playoffs run.

Any championship this year is legit. That's if the Cavs are healthy.. Something they were not last year

It's funny that NOBODY brings up the "*" for the Lakers 2000 Championship. Spurs (defending champs) didn't have Duncan who tore his knee and missed entire playoffs..

look_at_g_shred
04-25-2016, 08:50 AM

You killin me with the different variations :lmao

K...
04-25-2016, 08:51 AM
Beating the okc, clippers, Cleveland is tough enough. That's a normal finals run difficulty level

cjw
04-25-2016, 08:54 AM

I think he'll be fine too.

Unlike all the PG that Golden State faced last year in the playoffs. What goes around comes around.

MarCowMar
04-25-2016, 08:54 AM
Beating the Dubs without Curry would be incredibly unsatisfying.

TheDoctor
04-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Beating the okc, clippers, Cleveland is tough enough. That's a normal finals run difficulty level

It certainly is. That's what I'm saying.

BillMc
04-25-2016, 08:59 AM
M

Any championship this year is legit. That's if the Cavs are healthy.. Something they were not last year

It's funny that NOBODY brings up the "*" for the Lakers 2000 Championship. Spurs (defending champs) didn't have Duncan who tore his knee and missed entire playoffs..

Or the 89 Pistons who were greatly aided in the Finals against the Lakers by the ham string tear and resultant absence of Magic Johnson (league MVP'). The Lakers swept everybody in the Western playoffs only to be themselves swept in the Finals after Magic's injury. No asterisks there. Curry's always been made of glass. It's a physical weakness. Like not being tall enough or quick enough. All that said, I DO want the Warriors at full strength just so there are no detractors when the Spurs beat them.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-25-2016, 09:05 AM
Order of preference :
1. Spurs champs with every opponent at full strength
2. Spurs champs with opponents being injured
3. Anything else

TheDoctor
04-25-2016, 09:13 AM
Beating the Dubs without Curry would be incredibly unsatisfying.

Anyway, was the slip that bad? I thought that it was more of a deep bruise given that the Dubs sent him out to test it at halftime. I read on Twitter that the Physician who looked after Curry at halfttime, talked about a possible mild MCL sprain.

In the end, who cares tbh? I don't give a fuck if we are playing the Zimbabwe Black Rhinos as long as the Spurs ring.

look_at_g_shred
04-25-2016, 10:13 AM
I would love to take out OKC first.

Budkin
04-25-2016, 11:20 AM
Home Court Advantage.

DarrinS
04-25-2016, 11:29 AM
I would love to take out OKC first.

Kikoluna
04-25-2016, 11:40 AM
Warriors. I want to see Draymond in defeat more than anything.

thiste
04-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Let's not jinx it and go through the semis first ok?

TheDoctor
04-25-2016, 12:09 PM
Let's not jinx it and go through the semis first ok?

There's no such thing as "Jinx". Superstition is strong in human nature tho.

baseline bum
04-25-2016, 12:13 PM
As long as Duncan rings

Horse
04-25-2016, 12:29 PM
Clips for revenge and the sooner gs loses the sooner they will stop talking asterisk bs if Stephanie's vagina does not heal.

TheDoctor
04-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Welp, Curry's out for at least 2 weeks. Likely to miss games 1-3 from the Semis.

Kawhitstorm
04-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Or the 89 Pistons who were greatly aided in the Finals against the Lakers by the ham string tear and resultant absence of Magic Johnson (league MVP'). The Lakers swept everybody in the Western playoffs only to be themselves swept in the Finals after Magic's injury. No asterisks there. Curry's always been made of glass. It's a physical weakness. Like not being tall enough or quick enough. All that said, I DO want the Warriors at full strength just so there are no detractors when the Spurs beat them.

The '88 Pistons got ROBBED by the refs in Gm 6 otherwise they were the better team & proved it by dismantling the '89 Lakers injuries or not. The '88/'89 Finals were the equivalent of the '13/'14 Finals.

GSH
04-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Well Chris Paul just broke a bone in his hand. LOB #6 may have a double asterisk on it. :lol

Mr. Body
04-25-2016, 11:51 PM
Warriors got a gift. No way the Clips can win without Paul, letting Curry get back his game by the time of the WCF.

cjw
04-25-2016, 11:53 PM
I think it's time to pull for Portland if Griffin's quad is acting up too. Clippers will get swept even with Ws minus Curry.

GSH
04-26-2016, 12:03 AM
Oh man, it's a third metacarpal fracture on his shooting hand. That's the bone in the big bone in the solid part of the hand that connects to the middle finger. He's gonna be messed up for weeks. I don't see how a PG can dribble the ball with that injury, not to mention shoot.

siraulo23
04-26-2016, 12:05 AM
Clippers injury :wow

yea go blazers lol, even though they have no shot vs gsw either

healthy clipper team vs warriors - curry was the only shot lol

ViceCity86
04-26-2016, 12:06 AM
Clippers injuries help Warriors.They're in far worse shape than Dubs.Paul broken hand,Reddick looks shot and Griffin looks done too with the quad injury.

BatManu20
04-26-2016, 12:08 AM
Chris Paul breaks his hand and is likely done for the playoffs, and now Blake is hobbling with a sore quad (same one he tore earlier this year). Dubs will still sweep, even without curry.

NASpurs
04-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Chris Paul breaks his hand and is likely done for the playoffs, and now Blake is hobbling with a sore quad (same one he tore earlier this year). Dubs will still sweep, even without curry.

That's if they play the Clippers.

BillMc
04-26-2016, 12:12 AM
Warriors got a gift. No way the Clips can win without Paul, letting Curry get back his game by the time of the WCF.

I don't think Clips get by the Guests without Paul.

GSH
04-26-2016, 12:19 AM

Griffin is sitting on the bench, pointing to his quad tendon (looks to me, anyway). It was a quad injury that kept him out the longest this season.

The Clips played pretty good without him. But without Paul they're not very good. Without both of them, they're toast.

BillMc
04-26-2016, 12:40 AM
Griffin is sitting on the bench, pointing to his quad tendon (looks to me, anyway). It was a quad injury that kept him out the longest this season.

The Clips played pretty good without him. But without Paul they're not very good. Without both of them, they're toast.

Yeah, I really think DL will feast on Austin Rivers. Look for a narrow win in LA then a blow out back in Portland. Might be the end of the Clips as we know them.

Mikeanaro
04-26-2016, 12:46 AM
Probably not, very weird really Iīve just entered the NBA page to see the CP3 news and now here Im reading about Griffinīs issue so chances are guest vs asterisks.

GSH
04-26-2016, 12:53 AM
BTW - Doc Rivers was just in his post-game. He said they would look at CP3's hand tomorrow, but right now "it doesn't look good". I don't know how bad his fracture is, but I broke a third metacarpal boxing. I can't see any way someone plays through that.

They just showed Griffin again, sitting on the bench and pointing out where his leg hurts. That's a quad tendon, I guarantee it. He may not be done, but what I saw there was not a good sign. I don't think the Clippers win another game.

And, for those who missed it, Kanter caught a solid knee-point to the his lower ribs. The way he was acting, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a broken rib or two. Try reaching up over your head to bring down a rebound, with a broken rib. He'll play, of course, but he probably won't be the same player he has been lately. Aldridge vs. Ibaka may be the matchup of the postseason.

I'd still like to see Westbrook break his leg like Paul George. Not to make them easier to beat - I'd just like to see Westbrook break his leg. (I know, I said it before. But I really can't stand Westbrook.)

emanueldavidginobili
04-26-2016, 12:58 AM
CP3 is definitely done for the playoffs, Blake is 50/50 to play in game 5 they said. Wouldn't be surprised if the Blazers advance. I'm praying the Spurs stay healthy, injuries going around every where, Steph, CP3, Kanter, Avery Bradley

szkorhetz
04-26-2016, 01:22 AM
The gate is open. Get this shit done.

Tully365
04-26-2016, 01:27 AM
Brandan Wright of Memphis went on the DL with a strained MCL in late February, and didn't play another game the rest of the season... It's very much an injury that varies with regard to duration-- two weeks is the most hopeful scenario imaginable. It could easily be much longer.

BillMc
04-26-2016, 01:44 AM
LMA's pinkie not looking quite so dire now.

ceperez
04-26-2016, 05:36 AM
Oh man, it's a third metacarpal fracture on his shooting hand. That's the bone in the big bone in the solid part of the hand that connects to the middle finger. He's gonna be messed up for weeks. I don't see how a PG can dribble the ball with that injury, not to mention shoot.

Damn.... Dubs lucked out again!!!!

TheDoctor
04-26-2016, 05:54 AM
LMAO Damn this is nuts :wow

hater
04-26-2016, 06:01 AM
You just knew the clitters were going to fuck this one up

dabom
04-26-2016, 06:06 AM
You just knew the clitters were going to fuck this one up

Fucking choke artists. Can't even beat the Blazers. :lmap

NameLess Scrub
04-26-2016, 06:11 AM
Clippers injuries pretty much negate Curry's :lol
They can beat whoever wins without him even if it's in 7 games.

TheDoctor
04-26-2016, 08:58 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZA07kbWkAALIUO.jpg:large

Beaverfuzz
04-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Where's Portland?

Vito Corleone
04-26-2016, 11:42 AM
It's weird, I was looking in the record books and didn't see a single asterisks for any championship in any year.

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Chris Paul broke his hand so both teams will be without their point guards. Heck, with Paul and Blake Griffin out Portland might take out the Clippers.

spursistan
04-26-2016, 12:05 PM
LMA's pinkie not looking quite so dire now.
getting another week of rest..that's basically 3 weeks since he mildly dislocated vs the Dubs (7th April)..should be nearly healed by the start WCF :tu..

TheDoctor
04-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Clippers injuries pretty much negate Curry's :lol
They can beat whoever wins without him even if it's in 7 games.

I dunno, with Blake possibly out looks who's waiting for his window opportunity and ready to change the game...

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/450687444-jeff-ayres-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-poses-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QTM37hhsKalx%2B1Sa0tzAXPmZNI R%2BxPvGCACbMQzSURL%2FG4NjsY65pAee%2B4amlhOoQvDmvA YfvYoOgTWU7v4%2FHu0%2BLSFEJGLFjNJInltZuieH

NameLess Scrub
04-26-2016, 03:14 PM
I dunno, with Blake possibly out looks who's waiting for his window opportunity and ready to change the game...

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/450687444-jeff-ayres-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-poses-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QTM37hhsKalx%2B1Sa0tzAXPmZNI R%2BxPvGCACbMQzSURL%2FG4NjsY65pAee%2B4amlhOoQvDmvA YfvYoOgTWU7v4%2FHu0%2BLSFEJGLFjNJInltZuieH

Didn't remember this guy. Here's comes the next playoffs legend for sure.

cd98
04-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Warriors catching breaks (pun). Clippers series is extended to at least 6 games and if they beat a choke artist team like Houston at home. They can rest and trounce Portland/Clippers and have a healthy Curry back for the WCF.

TheDoctor
04-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Warriors catching breaks (pun). Clippers series is extended to at least 6 games and if they beat a choke artist team like Houston at home. They can rest and trounce Portland/Clippers and have a healthy Curry back for the WCF.
With Blake out for the season and CP3 out indefinitely, is POR/GS in the Semis.

ceperez
04-26-2016, 04:38 PM
With Blake out for the season and CP3 out indefinitely, is POR/GS in the Semis.

Without CP3, they don't have anyone who can run the offense. POR knows how to win a series, pretty much over for LAC.

NameLess Scrub
04-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Without CP3, they don't have anyone who can run the offense. POR knows how to win a series, pretty much over for LAC.

Clippers with the bad luck. For CP3 to return they have to basically get to the Finals.
Warriors with the good luck as last year.

I really don't know what could happen if the Blazers get past the Clippers and start a series with GSW with no Curry.
If Curry has to miss 3 games it will be interesting. But I still have a hard time seeing the Blazers capitalizing from that and at least putting pressure on the Warriors to bring Curry below 100%.

We all knew the Clippers were capable if healthy.

tholdren
04-26-2016, 04:56 PM

taped fingers, classic

kaji157
04-26-2016, 05:30 PM
I hope for either Portland or Houston. I donīt want to face an unhealthy team. =)

TheDoctor
04-26-2016, 05:44 PM
taped fingers, classic
Such a Pro :lol

GSH
04-30-2016, 12:21 AM
OMG the Warriors are lucky! Even without their two best players, the Clippers were able to make it a tie game with 30 seconds left. Portland managed to close them out, but just barely. I think the Dubs could rest Curry the whole series against Portland and still win in 4 or 5.

Oh, well. All those people who wanted to see the Spurs and Warriors at full strength have a good shot at getting their wish.

Sean Cagney
04-30-2016, 02:12 PM
OMG the Warriors are lucky! Even without their two best players, the Clippers were able to make it a tie game with 30 seconds left. Portland managed to close them out, but just barely. I think the Dubs could rest Curry the whole series against Portland and still win in 4 or 5.

Oh, well. All those people who wanted to see the Spurs and Warriors at full strength have a good shot at getting their wish.

Agreed, really unimpressive win and GSW are going to walk all over the Blazers. I can see Lillard getting hot one game and they win it at home, but that is about it.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-30-2016, 02:24 PM
Agreed, really unimpressive win and GSW are going to walk all over the Blazers. I can see Lillard getting hot one game and they win it at home, but that is about it.

Lol, dont underestimate Portland because Game 6 was close. Its a playoff closeout game, they are never easy.

GSH
04-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Lol, dont underestimate Portland because Game 6 was close. Its a playoff closeout game, they are never easy.

You're absolutely right, the old saying is that an elimination game is always tough to win. They didn't just make that up. But Portland looked really sloppy, and it took some friendly whistles for them to pull that game out. Most of all, they got outscored in the paint 50-36. It's really tough to out-shoot GSW from outside.

Your point, though, is a good one. The Clippers scratched and clawed, and played with a real sense of urgency. Portland is going to need that kind of effort every game against GSW. The Warriors know they don't have Curry, so they're not likely to get caught napping.

baseline bum
04-30-2016, 02:59 PM
Brandan Wright of Memphis went on the DL with a strained MCL in late February, and didn't play another game the rest of the season... It's very much an injury that varies with regard to duration-- two weeks is the most hopeful scenario imaginable. It could easily be much longer.

That was also a grade 1 sprain, but they were probably being cautious with their season already over once Gasol broke his foot.

Seventyniner
04-30-2016, 03:21 PM
That was also a grade 1 sprain, but they were probably being cautious with their season already over once Gasol broke his foot.

There's an argument on both sides here. The Grizz might have made a series against the Clips if Paul and Griffin suffered the same injuries and timings. They had a lot to play for, and Wright sprained his MCL with 6 weeks left in the season.

What's the long-term reinjury risk if you come back too soon from that?

GSH
04-30-2016, 04:03 PM
There's an argument on both sides here. The Grizz might have made a series against the Clips if Paul and Griffin suffered the same injuries and timings. They had a lot to play for, and Wright sprained his MCL with 6 weeks left in the season.

What's the long-term reinjury risk if you come back too soon from that?

First of all, ligaments (like MCL) are white, not red. They don't have much of a blood supply, which means they are slow to heal. That's just sort of a rule of thumb for body parts - the greater the blood supply, the quicker it heals.

When ligaments are damaged, the body makes collagen to repair them. The problem is, that's a slow process, and serious athletes usually won't/can't take enough time off to let it fully regenerate. And there's the real problem. Ligaments are stretchy like strong rubber bands. If you don't give them enough time to heal the "proper" way, the body will start to patch the ligament with stuff that isn't as stretchy (think of it like scar tissue). That leads to chronic problems, like Tim has - and I suspect Manu has.

One other thing - when athletes sustain injuries like MCL sprains, the first thing that is often done is to give them anti-inflammatory drugs. That cuts down on swelling, pain, and general discomfort. But it stops an important part of the healing process. Bottom line, there's NO substitute for rest, if you want a ligament sprain to fully heal. But we're talking months, and that is rarely considered an option.

BTW - if I had an asset as valuable as Steph Curry, at the early part of his career? He wouldn't see hardwood for at least 3 months. I don't say that because I don't want him to play against the Spurs. If the Warriors are really looking at him as a franchise player, he shouldn't be pounding that MCL any sooner than that - especially with his medical history. He's given them one championship, and there's every chance he can give them more. I wouldn't risk him being at reduced ability, even 95%, for the rest of his career. It's that little edge that makes him special. We'll see if Golden State is really the quality organization the owner says it is.