PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Steph Kerr is such an idiot

Caltex2
04-25-2016, 03:01 AM
Yes, Steph Kerr. What a risk they took yesterday. The Warriors are gonna risk not having their best player when its time to play the Sours, the MVP is not needed now to beat the Rox.

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2016, 06:07 AM
if u look at his coaching style, this fkn clown is trying to pull a pop on the floor and a phil in the media every game...this clown, why cant he be himself instead of copying others...

but anyway ...hopefully he runs curry into the ground

hater
04-25-2016, 06:09 AM
Eliancito will be fine and will deep throat us from the opposite side come WCFs....

Gervin44Silas13
04-25-2016, 07:26 AM
Curry+ Grant Hill+ Derek Rose=:deadhorse

ambchang
04-25-2016, 09:19 AM
We will all see what happens. The GSW are favourites, with or without Curry.

StrengthAndHonor
04-25-2016, 09:25 AM
:lmao

baseline bum
04-25-2016, 09:46 AM

:lol what?

baseline bum
04-25-2016, 09:47 AM
LMAO when fans bitch about Pop resting players in the regular season, and now all of a sudden you're supposed to rest your stars in the playoffs?

whitemamba
04-25-2016, 09:49 AM
him sipping on a wet spot is a coaching mistake?

ambchang
04-25-2016, 09:50 AM
:lmao

:lol what?

You guys just don't get it. This is the greatest team of all time that we are talking about, it's not some fly-by-night 2-bit operation. This is a team, as their owners said, is so advance in their construction that they will be ruling the league for the next half decade, at the very least. It's not going to let something as minor as an injury to their star player to stop them from going hex-peat. The the rest of league don't have a prayer, even without Curry.

100%duncan
04-25-2016, 09:54 AM

hater
04-25-2016, 10:01 AM
You guys just don't get it. This is the greatest team of all time that we are talking about, it's not some fly-by-night 2-bit operation. This is a team, as their owners said, is so advance in their construction that they will be ruling the league for the next half decade, at the very least. It's not going to let something as minor as an injury to their star player to stop them from going hex-peat. The the rest of league don't have a prayer, even without Curry.

Agreed 100%. Of course we are talking about the West.

Because in the East. The Cavs are unbeatable and will win it all this year.

But in the West, an Eliancito less Wprriers are still the team to beat.

Regardless, Eliancito will be fine and will rub his cream all over our chins

DMC
04-25-2016, 10:37 AM
Eliancito will be fine and will deep throat us from the opposite side come WCFs....

I think you misunderstand the concept you just used.

cjw
04-25-2016, 10:45 AM
LMAO when fans bitch about Pop resting players in the regular season, and now all of a sudden you're supposed to rest your stars in the playoffs?

Rushing a guy back with a bad ankle (second time this year) and playing him 19 first half minutes against a team that you have to try to lose to (no way this goes more than 5 games).

Outside of Kawhi's 42 minutes against Memphis in game three plus LMA's 33 minutes in the same game, no Spur crossed the 30 minute threshold all series. Every minute you're out there against a lesser team that you WILL beat in a series is another opportunity to get injured.

baseline bum
04-25-2016, 10:46 AM

:lol Lacob

baseline bum
04-25-2016, 11:20 AM
Rushing a guy back with a bad ankle (second time this year) and playing him 19 first half minutes against a team that you have to try to lose to (no way this goes more than 5 games).

Outside of Kawhi's 42 minutes against Memphis in game three plus LMA's 33 minutes in the same game, no Spur crossed the 30 minute threshold all series. Every minute you're out there against a lesser team that you WILL beat in a series is another opportunity to get injured.

What did his ankle have to do with the floor being wet in that spot? Curry was playing because his ankle was fine and the game was close, just like Kawhi played all game in a close Game 3 in Memphis.

Perry Mason
04-25-2016, 11:32 AM
What did his ankle have to do with the floor being wet in that spot? Curry was playing because his ankle was fine and the game was close, just like Kawhi played all game in a close Game 3 in Memphis.

This BS argument is all over RealGM. It *may* be true. But it is also quite possible that the push for 73, which injured his ankle, caused Curry to overcompensate on his knee. That would be a very typical reaction to a slip.

Emotional arguments aside ("I told you so" in reference to 73), any seasoned trainer would know the risk of a high usage player overcompensating on a weak joint. Curry's minutes do not tell the whole story of the toll on his body. His incredible muscle memory and form require intense practice and training. My long term view remains that it will be very hard for him to keep playing at historic levels. His shooting is just such an outlier.

If GSW did not lean so heavily on Curry (if they were more like the Spurs), then Curry with more rest may not have these injuries.

Chinook
04-25-2016, 11:37 AM
I'd just have all of my players wear Duncan-like knee braces. That thing has saved Tim's career at least a half-dozen times.

spursistan
04-25-2016, 11:42 AM
it was freak injury unrelated to the ankle one..stuff like this happens..just this year, Manu exploded a testicle on a routine drive to the basket.. so i don't think Kerr is to blame here and he may have actually no power when it comes to the resting (he alluded to that prior to Spurs game)..Curry was certainly overplayed in the last couple of weeks of season, and you have to wonder if accumulation big minutes led in some way to a gradual ligament erosion/vulnerability..the guy has history and has never been iron man..but then again, joe "light years ahead" lacob was clearly invested in 73..

Chinook
04-25-2016, 12:05 PM
just this year, Manu exploded a testicle on a routine drive to the basket..

No. He was kneed in the balls full force.

spurraider21
04-25-2016, 12:28 PM
by a rhino

K...
04-25-2016, 12:28 PM
it was freak injury unrelated to the ankle one..stuff like this happens..just this year, Manu exploded a testicle on a routine drive to the basket.. so i don't think Kerr is to blame here and he may have actually no power when it comes to the resting (he alluded to that prior to Spurs game)..Curry was certainly overplayed in the last couple of weeks of season, and you have to wonder if accumulation big minutes led in some way to a gradual ligament erosion/vulnerability..the guy has history and has never been iron man..but then again, joe "light years ahead" lacob was clearly invested in 73..

You should have your balls exploded for mentioning this at lunch

spursistan
04-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Yeah because knees-to-groin have resulted in multiple testicular injuries/surgeries throughout the years..the freakish part is the invasive medical procedure it led to in case of Manu.

Ginobili isn’t the first testicular injury in the NBA, though the number of reported cases is surprisingly low. Former Sonics forward Detlef Schrempf missed three games during the 1996-97 season following “testicular trauma.” Mavericks’ big man Shawn Bradley also missed three games with testicular trauma during the 1997-98 season but his injury accompanied a groin strain. John Stark missed two playoffs games during the 2001 postseason following an episode of testicular torsion though its development wasn’t basketball-related. Unfortunately none of these injuries seem to be on the same level as Ginobili’s.

http://instreetclothes.com/2016/02/04/understanding-manu-ginobilis-testicular-injury/

cjw
04-25-2016, 01:00 PM

Perhaps nothing. Yesterday's injury was a fluke play, but every minute you're on the floor, you're risking an injury. For example, what is Draymond doing on the floor late in the fourth quarter yesterday? No reason at all.

hater
04-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Eliancito was playing on a tender ankle. Usually when players play on tender body parts, the risk of another injury is many times higher.

Kerr rolled the dice and lost. So to say Kerr has no fault on this is a lie. It's a game of probabilities and Kerr got buttfucked.

That being said. Elian will be fine and will.... You know the rest

Spurs9
04-25-2016, 01:50 PM

Caltex2
04-25-2016, 02:29 PM

Yes, because the MVP doesn't have to play for them to beat the Rockets, look at Game 2 and look at the second half of Game 4. I don't know if the coach or player made the decision or insisted, so I've merged them both into Steve Curry.

The decision for the Warriors best player to play is all on Steph Kerr.

baseline bum
04-25-2016, 02:31 PM
Yes, because the MVP doesn't have to play for them to beat the Rockets, look at Game 2 and look at the second half of Game 4. I don't know if the coach or player made the decision or insisted, so I've merged them both into Steve Curry.

His ankle was fine, you don't rest your stars in a close game in the playoffs. :lol

whitemamba
04-25-2016, 02:33 PM

The decision for him to play in the Playoffs is on the coach, yes... Is he not supposed to play the best player in the league? Are they not trying to win? what point are you trying to make here, because your analysis of steve kerr's coaching is as good as james hardens defense.

Caltex2
04-25-2016, 02:34 PM
This is the Rockets we're talking about, any fundamentally sound college team that plays hard and has a center has an outside shot at beating the Rockets most nights (I'm speaking of effort not talent). They're gonna win the series no matter what. The only scenario in which the MVP should have come back is if the Rockets pushed the Warriors to elimination.

Old School 44
04-25-2016, 02:41 PM
Curry will pull an Ibaka on the Clippers. He will miraculously heal in a week and the media will make him out to be some sort of hero for playing through the pain.

Caltex2
04-25-2016, 02:57 PM
The decision for him to play in the Playoffs is on the coach, yes... Is he not supposed to play the best player in the league? Are they not trying to win? what point are you trying to make here, because your analysis of steve kerr's coaching is as good as james hardens defense.

I say again, the MVP is not needed to beat the Rockets. There was no reason to think the Rockets could beat the Warriors while Golden State was up 2-0 or even 2-1, the Rockets held on for dear life and were lucky to escape Game3. If you have an excuse to rest your stars, you do so and save them for bigger and more challenging battles than a team that's clearly given up on the season. Had the Rockets gone up 3-2 or tied it 3-3, then game on and throw everything you have. Now the best player on the Warriors and the NBA may miss the Clippers series and may be 50% for the Sours series if they even get that far. This is all on Steph Kerr.

Curry will pull an Ibaka on the Clippers. He will miraculously heal in a week and the media will make him out to be some sort of hero for playing through the pain.

You mean a Willis Reed. Shows the type of youth we have on the board [insert old man yelling at cloud headline from The Simpsons].

.G.
04-25-2016, 03:06 PM
Grandpa Simpson is the shiznit!

"In a world of thirty-one flavors, we're the cup of water they rinse the scoops in. Grampa out."

.G.
04-25-2016, 03:07 PM
Wait...:lol
Meh, fuckit....

whitemamba
04-25-2016, 03:16 PM
I say again, the MVP is not needed to beat the Rockets. There was no reason to think the Rockets could beat the Warriors while Golden State was up 2-0 or even 2-1, the Rockets held on for dear life and were lucky to esacpe Game3. If you have an excuse to rest your stars, you do so and save them for bigger and more challenging battles than a team that's clearly given up on the season. Had the Rockets gone up 3-2 or tied it 3-3, then game on and throw everything you have. Now the best player on the Warriors and the NBA may miss the Clippers series and may be 50% for the Sours series if they even get that far. This is all on Steph Kerr.

ok so what if they lose every game without curry? then what?

You mean a Willis Reed. Shows the type of youth we have on the board [insert old man yelling at cloud headline from The Simpsons].

whitemamba
04-25-2016, 03:17 PM
I say again, the MVP is not needed to beat the Rockets. There was no reason to think the Rockets could beat the Warriors while Golden State was up 2-0 or even 2-1, the Rockets held on for dear life and were lucky to esacpe Game3. If you have an excuse to rest your stars, you do so and save them for bigger and more challenging battles than a team that's clearly given up on the season. Had the Rockets gone up 3-2 or tied it 3-3, then game on and throw everything you have. Now the best player on the Warriors and the NBA may miss the Clippers series and may be 50% for the Sours series if they even get that far. This is all on Steph Kerr.

Old School 44
04-25-2016, 05:02 PM

LOL! I was going to say Willis Reed, but I didn't think many people would know who I was talking about. I went with the closest, most recent playoff "miracle" return from injury which was Ibaka.
:toast

Caltex2
04-25-2016, 09:50 PM

It means they shouldn't have played him versus the Rockets.

DMC
04-26-2016, 12:33 AM
Curry won't heal magically. He's not someone who can stand around scratching his nuts, goaltending a shot now and then. He moves non stop without the ball (like Rip Hamiliton and Ray Allen used to) and that requires his knees and ankles to cooperate (and his mind to believe they will). His shot mechanics don't rely as heavily on his jumping ability as they did for Allen, but he's still going to be taken from Mt Olympus level down to something a bit easier to guard. With CP3 out though, the Blazers might see round 2. If they do, I think the Blazers give GS fits.

DMC
04-26-2016, 12:35 AM
It means they shouldn't have played him versus the Rockets.
Some of that falls on Curry himself. He as to tell his trainers and coach if he's in any pain. If he plays through it, he's taking a huge risk with his future. It doesn't matter what kind of prodigy he is (and he is), with a bum knee and ankle he's just an average player if that.

sook
04-26-2016, 12:36 AM
Curry won't heal magically. He's not someone who can stand around scratching his nuts, goaltending a shot now and then. He moves non stop without the ball (like Rip Hamiliton and Ray Allen used to) and that requires his knees and ankles to cooperate (and his mind to believe they will). His shot mechanics don't rely as heavily on his jumping ability as they did for Allen, but he's still going to be taken from Mt Olympus level down to something a bit easier to guard. With CP3 out though, the Blazers might see round 2. If they do, I think the Blazers give GS fits.

You a racist breh?

Caltex2
04-26-2016, 02:41 AM
Some of that falls on Curry himself. He as to tell his trainers and coach if he's in any pain. If he plays through it, he's taking a huge risk with his future. It doesn't matter what kind of prodigy he is (and he is), with a bum knee and ankle he's just an average player if that.

Why do you think I called the person responsible Steph Kerr? They're both responsible.

NameLess Scrub
04-26-2016, 04:50 AM
Well you might as well add whoever wins Clippers/Blazers to the list of teams they can beat with no Curry.

JamStone
04-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Bullshit hindsight talking.

You can get injured more if you're already injured. You can get injured if you're 100% healthy.

You can get injured playing 45 minutes a game. You can get injured playing 4 minutes a game.

It's sports at the highest competitive level. Injuries is a risk any moment a player is on the court.

I don't get why there are some trying to throw around the blame game on Kerr, getting boners just so they can say "I told you so" on a messageboard. Hilarious.

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2016, 08:11 AM
i dont think kerr was responsible for currys injury

look at how he fell, kerr had nothing or any rocket had anything to do that with that knee bending like a curve dick into his mouth, fck him

Caltex2
04-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Bullshit hindsight talking.

You can get injured more if you're already injured. You can get injured if you're 100% healthy.

You can get injured playing 45 minutes a game. You can get injured playing 4 minutes a game.

It's sports at the highest competitive level. Injuries is a risk any moment a player is on the court.

I don't get why there are some trying to throw around the blame game on Kerr, getting boners just so they can say "I told you so" on a messageboard. Hilarious.

My point is they didn't need their best player to beat the Rockets, unless the Rockets pushed them to the brink of elimination, he shouldn't be playing.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 12:50 PM
My point is they didn't need their best player to beat the Rockets, unless the Rockets pushed them to the brink of elimination, he shouldn't be playing.

This wasn't Thibodeau playing Rose in garbage time when his team was up by 15. It happened at the end of the first half. You don't sit your best player for the playoffs, especially coming off a loss. Even against a shit team like the Rockets, going home tied at 2 games apiece in the first round is something you'd want to avoid.

If the knee injury had anything to do with the ankle injury I might agree with you, but he slipped on a wet spot on the floor. There's no correlation. Even the ankle injury wasn't related to his earlier ankle problems.

JamStone
04-26-2016, 12:54 PM
Did the Warriors not lose game 3? If Curry felt fine to play and was cleared by doctors, then he should have played. It's not the regular season. Every playoff game is important. You don't rest key players in the playoffs "just in case." Not even Pop does that. In a 7 game series, the tides can turn fast even in a lopsided match-up.

You lose another game in the first round as a 1st seed, series tied 2-2, and it's a new series and you never know what could happen.

What happened to Curry in game 4 had nothing to do with his ankle injury or overplaying him in the regular season. Whatever criticism you have of Kerr, justified or not, it's silly to blame him for Curry slipping on a wet spot on the court and getting injured. Absolutely silly.

JamStone
04-26-2016, 12:55 PM
This wasn't Thibodeau playing Rose in garbage time when his team was up by 15. It happened at the end of the first half. You don't sit your best player for the playoffs, especially coming off a loss. Even against a shit team like the Rockets, going home tied at 2 games apiece in the first round is something you'd want to avoid.

If the knee injury had anything to do with the ankle injury I might agree with you, but he slipped on a wet spot on the floor. There's no correlation. Even the ankle injury wasn't related to his earlier ankle problems.

Dammit OV. Beat me to it. Essentially said what I just posted.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Dammit OV. Beat me to it. Essentially said what I just posted.

Great minds, mah brotha. :bobo:

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 01:03 PM
And I think it was stupid of Kerr to play Curry so much in the RS chasing a meaningless record against a depleted western conference, but he got away with it. What happened was separate from all that. It would be like blaming Chris Paul's injury on RS minutes.

DMC
04-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Why do you think I called the person responsible Steph Kerr? They're both responsible.

I don't know. Spelling and grammar on this forum aren't stellar so making that assumption is "buyer beware" at best.

DMC
04-26-2016, 01:10 PM
Did the Warriors not lose game 3? If Curry felt fine to play and was cleared by doctors, then he should have played. It's not the regular season. Every playoff game is important. You don't rest key players in the playoffs "just in case." Not even Pop does that. In a 7 game series, the tides can turn fast even in a lopsided match-up.

You lose another game in the first round as a 1st seed, series tied 2-2, and it's a new series and you never know what could happen.

What happened to Curry in game 4 had nothing to do with his ankle injury or overplaying him in the regular season. Whatever criticism you have of Kerr, justified or not, it's silly to blame him for Curry slipping on a wet spot on the court and getting injured. Absolutely silly.

You're falsely equivocating "heal" with "rest". No, Pop would not rest guys in the playoffs but the DNP for injury isn't "rest", it's "injury". Again, that falls primarily on Steph. It's his future.

whitemamba
04-26-2016, 01:43 PM
You're falsely equivocating "heal" with "rest". No, Pop would not rest guys in the playoffs but the DNP for injury isn't "rest", it's "injury". Again, that falls primarily on Steph. It's his future.

Before you get all sensitive, I genuinely mean this. All those years pop did resting his players for what ever reasons, they failed to repeat every time? Whats the point of resting your players? I guess you could say players like Curry want to be in the history books, because its important, but if im Pop im going all in towards the end of the season/ playoff time. I never saw other great players sitting resting and stuff. This trend imho makes players soft. I wasnt alive in the 70's and majority of 80's but is this how it was back then?

DMX7
04-26-2016, 01:45 PM
... is trying to pull a pop on the floor and a phil in the media every game...this clown, why cant he be himself instead of copying others...

LOL. I've noticed this.

Caltex2
04-26-2016, 02:05 PM
I don't know. Spelling and grammar on this forum aren't stellar so making that assumption is "buyer beware" at best.

I reinforced it in the OP though, I said "Yes, Steph Kerr." I also could have said Steve Curry.

Exactly

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-26-2016, 02:10 PM

Pop himself has played Manu with a fucked up ankle in 2008 and a broken elbow in 2011. Both way worse than Curry's injury.

DMC
04-26-2016, 02:45 PM
Pop himself has played Manu with a fucked up ankle in 2008 and a broken elbow in 2011. Both way worse than Curry's injury.

Again, that falls primarily on the player (Manu in that case). Steph's ankle was injured in the RS and he sat out a couple games. Pop would have sat Manu the rest of the RS if that happened after having HCA locked up. I don't have a problem with Kerr, but you cannot have everything, you have to sacrifice something to get those hard to reach goals. Having a healthy roster all year, getting the RS record and winning a championship in the same season is almost unheard of. If the Warriors ring, no one will care. If they don't, it will be blamed on Kerr for the RS record push and the ankle injury. It has to be.

DMC
04-26-2016, 03:00 PM
Before you get all sensitive, I genuinely mean this. All those years pop did resting his players for what ever reasons, they failed to repeat every time? Whats the point of resting your players? I guess you could say players like Curry want to be in the history books, because its important, but if im Pop im going all in towards the end of the season/ playoff time. I never saw other great players sitting resting and stuff. This trend imho makes players soft. I wasnt alive in the 70's and majority of 80's but is this how it was back then?

If you can show me another team that has played a long as the Spurs without missing the playoffs, won 5 rings with low draft picks other than their main star, we can compare apples to apples.

whitemamba
04-26-2016, 03:17 PM
If you can show me another team that has played a long as the Spurs without missing the playoffs, won 5 rings with low draft picks other than their main star, we can compare apples to apples.
touche. point is, there are *'s, but none discredit the run the Spurs have had. Popovich is a master at spotting talent, but sometimes i think the rest thing hurts him.

DMC
04-26-2016, 03:33 PM
touche. point is, there are *'s, but none discredit the run the Spurs have had. Popovich is a master at spotting talent, but sometimes i think the rest thing hurts him.
It doesn't hurt him. It might hurt how you view him but he doesn't care. You cannot be GOAT by doing what the betas think you should.

JamStone
04-26-2016, 04:34 PM

If he was cleared to play by doctors, it's not about healing. It likely wasn't 100%. But that doesn't mean he required more time for healing. It's the playoffs. You don't sit your best player when doctors clear him and he says he's good to go.

And again, all of this b.s. over an injury UNRELATED to the sprained ankle, UNRELATED to regular season minutes. It was a slip on a wet spot on the floor. It's the type of injury a full rested, 100% healthy player could have just the same sustained. And yet, there's still this silliness about somehow indirectly blaming the coach on an accidental slip.

UZER
04-26-2016, 05:09 PM

Not to mention 5 rings in small market with 0 major free agent signings outside of guys at the end of their career.

First big fish was just caught this year, 19 years into the run.

Agloco
04-26-2016, 05:22 PM

Lol no.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 06:21 PM

Almost any time the Spurs failed to repeat there was an injury involved. Not sure why it's hard to understand why Pop would want his team healthy for the playoffs.

There was a period of time where Pop cut minutes rather than cut games and guys didn't have the wind to play heavy minutes once they were needed in the postseason, and the Spurs paid for that. It's why he altered the way he does it, and it seems to have paid off.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 06:23 PM

Doubt it. You don't play on a sprained knee. If they say reevaluate in two weeks, then he won't play for at least ten days. Neither of Manu's injuries could be made worse by playing.

DMC
04-26-2016, 06:34 PM
If he was cleared to play by doctors, it's not about healing. It likely wasn't 100%. But that doesn't mean he required more time for healing. It's the playoffs. You don't sit your best player when doctors clear him and he says he's good to go.

You have to trust your player to tell you when it hurts and you should not play him if he's not up to speed. Curry wasn't up to speed when he returned from the ankle, you know it.

And again, all of this b.s. over an injury UNRELATED to the sprained ankle, UNRELATED to regular season minutes. It was a slip on a wet spot on the floor. It's the type of injury a full rested, 100% healthy player could have just the same sustained. And yet, there's still this silliness about somehow indirectly blaming the coach on an accidental slip.
It's all related. He played all year without any issues and suddenly he gets two in just a couple weeks? They're related. With a solid ankle he doesn't go down like that. Sure a healthy player can get hurt, they were healthy the first time they got hurt, but an injured player is compensating by putting weight in areas he normally wouldn't. You could see it in his shot and how he fell.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 06:55 PM
It's all related. He played all year without any issues and suddenly he gets two in just a couple weeks? They're related. With a solid ankle he doesn't go down like that. Sure a healthy player can get hurt, they were healthy the first time they got hurt, but an injured player is compensating by putting weight in areas he normally wouldn't. You could see it in his shot and how he fell.

No, it's not. He slipped on a sweaty place on the floor. No amount of ankle stability was going to prevent that. Anyone would have fallen like that. If his ankle had REALLY been bothering him, he probably wouldn't have been trying to defend a half-court shot in the waning seconds of the quarter.

DMC
04-26-2016, 07:16 PM
No, it's not. He slipped on a sweaty place on the floor. No amount of ankle stability was going to prevent that. Anyone would have fallen like that. If his ankle had REALLY been bothering him, he probably wouldn't have been trying to defend a half-court shot in the waning seconds of the quarter.

People slip every game. Curry played over 82 games prior to the playoffs including preseason and never injured his knee. He gets an ankle injury and a couple weeks later a routine wet spot slip takes out his knee, oh and that's a coincidence? You'd be investigated for that level of coincidence it was about stock trading.

No one said it was bothering him. How was his game performance otherwise?

dabom
04-26-2016, 07:20 PM
Are people fuckign retarded. Wrap your ankles so fucking tight that when he slipped. The torque went to his knees.

DMC
04-26-2016, 07:22 PM
In the 16 minutes Curry played that night, he was 1-7 from three and had 6 points and 5 turnovers. Yeah, nothing was bothering him.

DMC
04-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Are people fuckign retarded. Wrap your ankles so fucking tight that when he slipped. The torque went to his knees.
People don't understand basic physics. These are the same people who would put a 2Amp fuse in a 1Amp slot because the 1Amp keeps blowing. Then the device it's meant to protect just fries.

dabom
04-26-2016, 07:24 PM

Didn't know you were a stupid fuck down here too.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 10:03 PM
People don't understand basic physics. These are the same people who would put a 2Amp fuse in a 1Amp slot because the 1Amp keeps blowing. Then the device it's meant to protect just fries.

And you think if he got hit by a bus it had to do with his ankle simply because it hadn't happened before.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 10:04 PM
Didn't know you were a stupid fuck down here too.

So you can explain to all the stupid fucks how having flexible ankles overcomes all the laws of physics to keep a player from slipping on a sweaty hardwood floor.

dabom
04-27-2016, 03:42 AM
So you can explain to all the stupid fucks how having flexible ankles overcomes all the laws of physics to keep a player from slipping on a sweaty hardwood floor.

Let me explain you stupid fuck. If you brace and wrap that ankle, when he slips, his ankle doesn't bend or give as much as it should and sends that force to his knees. Are you a fucking dimwit? :lmao

DMC
04-27-2016, 07:29 AM
And you think if he got hit by a bus it had to do with his ankle simply because it hadn't happened before.
Non sequitur.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2016, 07:44 AM
Non sequitur.

No. Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Correlation does not equal causation. If he'd rolled his ankle while it was taped up it could have translated the torque to his knee. He slipped on a wet spot and his legs went opposite directions. That's going to happen whether your ankle's taped or not. Curry physically banged his knee against the floor when his feet went apart.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2016, 07:49 AM
Let me explain you stupid fuck. If you brace and wrap that ankle, when he slips, his ankle doesn't bend or give as much as it should and sends that force to his knees. Are you a fucking dimwit? :lmao

Yeah, I know. You read an article and you think that makes you smart. The premise is incorrect. He tried to make a cut at full speed and slipped on a wet spot on the floor. His ankle wasn't part of the equation because his shoe had no adhesion. Ankles don't turn on slippery floors. Anybody that's ever played basketball or actually turned an ankle knows that.

pgardn
04-27-2016, 07:53 AM
Players that are physically tired are more likely to get injured. So are players who have not warmed up properly. And we conjecture excessively concerning biomechanics.

Now ST is mixing this in a pot with random events (wet spots on floors;entanglement with a jersey) WE don't know a thing about the actual physical condition of these players. Maybe if Curry was indeed tired... Stop. You have not a clue if he was muscle fatigued at the moment his knee went. Or his ankle.

This is ridiculous. The coaches and trainers are on the floor and in the locker room with these guys.

pgardn
04-27-2016, 07:57 AM

Oh the physics major and engineer is back.

Do keep going.

pgardn
04-27-2016, 08:04 AM

You know it's likely they beat the Rockets without Draymond Green as well. But he is not the MVP so you don't sit him?

The playoffs. The best players play.

DMC
04-27-2016, 12:20 PM
No. Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Correlation does not equal causation. If he'd rolled his ankle while it was taped up it could have translated the torque to his knee. He slipped on a wet spot and his legs went opposite directions. That's going to happen whether your ankle's taped or not. Curry physically banged his knee against the floor when his feet went apart.

There is good enough reason to have suspicion given Curry's performance in that game up to that point vs his performance in games prior to his latest ankle injury that he was indeed favoring that ankle, and that he could have moved in a way to protect that ankle which resulted in knee damage. There's also reason to suspect his ankle brace played at least some part in his knee injury. Those two suspicions at least have physics and probability behind them. Your rebuttal is basically "nuh uh" because you are defending Kerr.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2016, 05:04 PM
There is good enough reason to have suspicion given Curry's performance in that game up to that point vs his performance in games prior to his latest ankle injury that he was indeed favoring that ankle, and that he could have moved in a way to protect that ankle which resulted in knee damage. There's also reason to suspect his ankle brace played at least some part in his knee injury. Those two suspicions at least have physics and probability behind them. Your rebuttal is basically "nuh uh" because you are defending Kerr.

I don't give a fuck about Kerr. Curry slipped on the floor with his fucking left leg, and you guys think his right ankle had something to do with it. I'm calling you out for saying stupid shit.

DMC
04-27-2016, 05:25 PM
I don't give a fuck about Kerr. Curry slipped on the floor with his fucking left leg, and you guys think his right ankle had something to do with it. I'm calling you out for saying stupid shit.

No, you're arguing irrationally for basically no reason. You've totally ignored Curry's performance prior to the knee injury, intentionally I presume. The unCurry-like performance was a marker that shouldn't go unnoticed in relationship to the injury.

oh... I almost forgot

Fuck, fucking and shit.

There, now my argument makes more sense to you.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2016, 05:33 PM
No, you're arguing irrationally for basically no reason. You've totally ignored Curry's performance prior to the knee injury, intentionally I presume. The unCurry-like performance was a marker that shouldn't go unnoticed in relationship to the injury.

oh... I almost forgot

Fuck, fucking and shit.

There, now my argument makes more sense to you.

I ignored his performance prior to slipping on the floor because it's completely unrelated. Exactly as related as the tape on his RIGHT ankle has to do with his LEFT LEG sliding out from under him on a wet spot. There's nothing irrational about pointing out that just because two things happen within a short period of time, it doesn't automatically mean that one is the result of the other.

And you think it's because I love Steve Kerr. :lol

You're an idiot.

DMC
04-27-2016, 05:40 PM
I ignored his performance prior to slipping on the floor because it's completely unrelated.

Nice tautology there.

Exactly as related as the tape on his RIGHT ankle has to do with his LEFT LEG sliding out from under him on a wet spot. There's nothing irrational about pointing out that just because two things happen within a short period of time, it doesn't automatically mean that one is the result of the other. But it doesn't negate it and it should be investigated. You've just casually dismissed it because you don't want to accept that poor performance (otherwise unexplained) which could have been caused by favoring a recently injured ankle could have actually allowed the coach to avoid the subsequent injury by deciding his player wasn't playing like someone who was fully recovered. Now he's looking at another injury but he should feel good because it cannot be related since it's possible for anyone to get hurt slipping (even though the other player who slipped didn't get hurt).

You're an idiot.
I think it's because you have a problem with rational thought and reasonable deduction. You prefer gut feeling, eyeball test. Plus you're a fucking idiot (same one who thought Blair was the next coming of Barkley).

dabom
04-27-2016, 06:28 PM
I ignored his performance prior to slipping on the floor because it's completely unrelated. Exactly as related as the tape on his RIGHT ankle has to do with his LEFT LEG sliding out from under him on a wet spot. There's nothing irrational about pointing out that just because two things happen within a short period of time, it doesn't automatically mean that one is the result of the other.

You're an idiot.

His left foot slipped just like his right foot also slipped you stupid fuck. Except his right ankle didn't bend like his left. Watch the fucking video you stupid fuck. :lmao

dabom
04-27-2016, 06:30 PM
The truth about Steph Curry's injury (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-truth-about-steph-curry-s-injury-005912613.html)
By Tim Grover of The Vertical
17 minutes ago
Yahoo Sports

When news broke Monday that Steph Curry had a Grade 1 knee sprain and would be re-evaluated in two weeks, most people heard this: It's not an ACL! He'll be back in two weeks!

Not so fast.

A Grade1 knee sprain means there's slight damage; the ligaments are stretched but not torn, and the knee still has stability. If you're going to sprain a knee, this is the mildest way to do it.

But the most important part of Monday's announcement was this: "He will be re-evaluated in two weeks."

Sorry, but in no way does that suggest he'll be ready to play in two weeks, no matter how mild the sprain.

That two-week evaluation will assess what he's been able to accomplish between now and then. Are these two weeks going to be productive? Has the swelling gone down enough for him to begin rehabbing the injury? Can he tolerate weight-bearing activity? Change directions? Start and stop?

Can he be Steph Curry?

If he can't do anything, if activity is limited to rest, ice and compression, then those two weeks become even longer.
For Curry to make a successful return to playoff-caliber basketball, his rehab will have to restore his timing and conditioning because his game involves so much quick change of speed and direction; his style of play requires an extremely high level of agility. He's not explosive like Russell Westbrook, but he'll beat you with quickness, both physically and mentally, not just up and down the court but in all directions, at all speeds.

It won't be enough for him to receive the inevitable verdict that he's been "cleared for basketball activity." There's basketball activity, and then there's Steph Curry.

Keep in mind, there's also the ankle issue. Remember, before Sunday's knee injury, Curry missed the preceding game with an ankle sprain. I know everyone is looking at the replay of the knee sprain and saying, "It was just one of those things." But in this case, if you really look at how he tweaked the ankle, you'll understand that it wasn't "just a slip." Without a doubt, that weakened ankle contributed to the knee sprain; when he slipped on the court, the ankle instability couldn't help protect the knee. The entire body is a chain: one rusty link puts extra stress on the other links and weakens the entire chain.

Curry was wearing an ankle brace when the knee injury occurred, and it's a reasonable bet that the brace jeopardized the knee. Why? Because while the ankle is immobilized, what's the next point of vulnerability? The knee. The stress moves right up the chain.

No question Steph needs the brace to stabilize the ankle, but there are risks associated with that. Ankle braces are supposed to prevent sprains, but what happens when you brace something? You're giving added support from an outside source. When the body gets something from an outside source, it stops doing what it's supposed to do naturally. So instead of the ankle protecting itself, it relies on the brace and ultimately weakens the entire chain up the body. End result: Increased risk of other lower-body injuries.

Ankle stability is everything: The stronger your lower legs, the more explosive you'll be in all directions: laterally, forward, backward, vertical, stop and go. Think of yourself as a race car: Your horsepower comes from the calves up; your ankles are the tires. In the middle of a race the pit crew doesn't change the engine, it changes the tires so the car can keep performing. Weak tires, weak race.

I'd be interested to know if the brace, tape or shoes were modified after the ankle injury, possibly causing the knee to track in a different way.

Curry's successful return will rely heavily on the Golden State training staff, which deserves tremendous credit for keeping this season's team strong and relatively injury-free. I've worked with several of those players in the past – Shaun Livingston and Andre Iguodala after serious injuries – and I know the challenges of keeping athletes healthy throughout an entire season, especially when they're playing every night and breaking records and not letting up.

For the Warriors, don't look for them to make excuses. Curry might be their best player but on this team, everyone has the ability to step up. So many teams completely implode when things don't go according to plan; you can just see the air go out of them. Many teams would have shut down if their six-time NBA champion head coach had to leave the team as Steve Kerr did, leaving them with the untested Luke Walton. But this team didn't use Walton's inexperience as an excuse. It didn't settle for playing as well as it did last season; it came back and played even better.

Lots of talk Monday about how Curry's absence will give the Clippers the break they've needed, their big chance to get to the Finals. Well, as of this writing, the Clippers still have to get past the Blazers, and Golden State is still playing the Rockets.

Can't move on to "next" until you accomplish "now."

- - - - - - -

Tim S. Grover is the CEO of ATTACK Athletics, world-renowned for his work with championship and Hall of Fame athletes including Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade and hundreds more. An international authority on performance and motivation, he appears as a keynote speaker for corporations and sports organizations, and is the best-selling author of Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable. Follow Tim @ATTACKATHLETICS on Twitter and Instagram, and visit http://www.attackathletics.com (http://www.attackathletics.com/) for more.

DMC
04-27-2016, 06:51 PM
His left foot slipped just like his right foot also slipped you stupid fuck. Except his right ankle didn't bend like his left. Watch the fucking video you stupid fuck. :lmao
You can see on the video that he tried to move his right leg forward but couldn't get his foot to bend that way in time because of his ankle support. The dude knows how to fall properly, just couldn't. He fell on his fucking head last year and was ok.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2016, 07:14 PM
He fell on his fucking head last year and was ok.
Which ankle was hurt for that one, because by your logic, it's impossible for him to just fall without there being a corresponding injury.

dabom
04-27-2016, 08:21 PM
I don't understand how you can be such a fucking dumbass. :lol

DMC
04-27-2016, 09:02 PM
Which ankle was hurt for that one, because by your logic, it's impossible for him to just fall without there being a corresponding injury.
You doubled down on stupid with hard headed and purposefully obtuse. Your eyeball test has an obstructed view and you have an obstructed colon.

UZER
04-27-2016, 09:12 PM
You can see on the video that he tried to move his right leg forward but couldn't get his foot to bend that way in time because of his ankle support. The dude knows how to fall properly, just couldn't. He fell on his fucking head last year and was ok.

I said that last year the moment it happened and everyone called me an Internet tough guy on here.

:lol

Splits
04-29-2016, 04:24 PM
Hurry back Steph! FASTER!